PDA

View Full Version : Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders put in extra hours to learn

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Tuckered out from a summer's day of baseball, roping cows or mischief, a mayonnaise or ketchup sandwich long digested through his slight frame, young Emmanuel would stuff the old T-shirts in his pillow case and lie on the floor with the rest of Josie Sanders' grandbabies.

Most nights, the movie "8 Seconds" would play from the tape machine. It was about legendary bull-riding champion Lane Frost. Uncle Mircle Sanders, who slept on a couch, was a bull rider.

One time, a bull stepped on Uncle Mircle's face, and he lost vision in an eye and strength and feeling on his left side.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26308042/broncos-wide-receiver-emmanuel-sanders-put-extra-hours

UnderArmour
08-10-2014, 01:35 PM
I don't think he will break 1000 yards or 10 touchdowns, but I expect him to be a Stokely type player that comes up with magic plays in clutch situations. Saunders plays through the whistle and doesn't break down after long droughts of nothing coming his way. If the team needed 7 points at the end of the game, I would rather have him on the field than Decker.

Simple Jaded
08-11-2014, 01:23 AM
7-10 TD's, 1000 yards and leads Broncos in ypc.

GEM
08-11-2014, 06:13 PM
I loved this article. Love his drive to succeed.

TXBRONC
08-12-2014, 06:56 PM
I don't think he will break 1000 yards or 10 touchdowns, but I expect him to be a Stokely type player that comes up with magic plays in clutch situations. Saunders plays through the whistle and doesn't break down after long droughts of nothing coming his way. If the team needed 7 points at the end of the game, I would rather have him on the field than Decker.

I wouldn't count against him breaking 1,000 yards and double digit tds with Manning throwing him the ball.

UnderArmour
08-12-2014, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't count against him breaking 1,000 yards and double digit tds with Manning throwing him the ball.
I just don't expect the offense to have to do as much this year. Factor in Welker being in his 2nd year with us, JT in his 2nd year as a starter, and DT being DT, 1000 yards is a possibility but not a likelihood. The defense should do a better job of making sure that Peyton Manning can just hand the ball off instead of having to air it out like last year.

TXBRONC
08-13-2014, 08:56 AM
I just don't expect the offense to have to do as much this year. Factor in Welker being in his 2nd year with us, JT in his 2nd year as a starter, and DT being DT, 1000 yards is a possibility but not a likelihood. The defense should do a better job of making sure that Peyton Manning can just hand the ball off instead of having to air it out like last year.

Payton will throw the ball enough that the likelihood of having two receivers go over 1,000 is pretty high. Throughout his career Manning has generally had his top two wide outs go over 1,000 yards receiving.

DenBronx
08-13-2014, 09:05 AM
7-10 TD's, 1000 yards and leads Broncos in ypc.

That's very possible. He seems hungry to make a statement.