PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs Seahawks Pre-Season Game Replay on NFL Network

biddy1030
08-09-2014, 01:29 PM
In case anyone is interested, the preseason game between the Broncos vs Seahawks will be airing on NFL network at 2pm today.

MileHighCrew
08-09-2014, 02:27 PM
thanks. I'll check to see what announce team it is. I was stuck with the Seattle one live and it was HORRIBLE. Well for someone that wants to hear about the Broncos it was horrible

Magnificent Seven
08-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Thanks! I wanted to see Juwan Thompson in action again!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2014, 02:44 PM
And, that is 2:00 PM MDT

It is the Denver announcers

Dapper Dan
08-09-2014, 05:21 PM
I watched it at 1am after the live version. It was Denver announcers. I thought they were pretty bad.

BroncoWave
08-09-2014, 06:20 PM
I watched it at 1am after the live version. It was Denver announcers. I thought they were pretty bad.

Yeah, I was not a huge fan either. I don't think I've ever watched a preseason game and come away impressed with the announcers. People complain about the national announcers a lot, but there is a reason those guys get national TV games and the other guys only get local ones. The national ones tend to be better.

BroncoBasil
08-09-2014, 07:05 PM
I thought The Brock played well despite playing with grocery bag receivers. C. Lattimere did not impress me but its only game 1 of the preseason. Thompson looks great but can he stay healthy running that way....I hope so cause he was a beast

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I was not a huge fan either. I don't think I've ever watched a preseason game and come away impressed with the announcers. People complain about the national announcers a lot, but there is a reason those guys get national TV games and the other guys only get local ones. The national ones tend to be better.

John Lynch was one of the announcers, and I think he does quite well. Ron Zappolo was the other one, and I did not see anything wrong with him either.

Dapper Dan
08-09-2014, 08:41 PM
John Lynch was one of the announcers, and I think he does quite well. Ron Zappolo was the other one, and I did not see anything wrong with him either.

I'm not used to Lynch's voice, so I never knew for sure who messed up. I honestly think it was the other guy. He kept saying the wrong player and then correcting himself. He would say Bolden was returning the kick. Then the play was over and he would get it right.

I'm not sure if NFL did it on purpose, but they didn't do a good job on the replays when there was a flag. They showed the replay of where the ball was and not where the foul occurred.

MOtorboat
08-10-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm not used to Lynch's voice, so I never knew for sure who messed up. I honestly think it was the other guy. He kept saying the wrong player and then correcting himself. He would say Bolden was returning the kick. Then the play was over and he would get it right.

I'm not sure if NFL did it on purpose, but they didn't do a good job on the replays when there was a flag. They showed the replay of where the ball was and not where the foul occurred.

The NFL had nothing to do with the broadcast, they just replay the Denver broadcast. The preseason broadcasts are usually pretty bad.

atwater27
08-10-2014, 11:06 AM
DVR it, otherwise it is unwatchable with all the BS penalties.

BroncoWave
08-10-2014, 11:14 AM
DVR it, otherwise it is unwatchable with all the BS penalties.

I would hope with all the backlash the refs have gotten for those preseason games, they tone it back a bit by week 1, because that was pretty horrible.

Simple Jaded
08-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Zappolo is a Denver legend.

sneakers
08-11-2014, 06:06 AM
thanks. I'll check to see what announce team it is. I was stuck with the Seattle one live and it was HORRIBLE. Well for someone that wants to hear about the Broncos it was horrible

It is always the home team announcers in preseason

Northman
08-11-2014, 07:19 AM
I would hope with all the backlash the refs have gotten for those preseason games, they tone it back a bit by week 1, because that was pretty horrible.

From the sounds of this i dont think the yellow will be going away anytime soon.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11335182/mailbag-emphasis-pass-defense-penalties-other-preseason-observations

NFL officials are making their point. The emphasis on cutting down contact by pass defenders after 5 yards is bringing plenty of preseason penalty flags.
In the first 17 preseason games, there were 53 defensive holdings, 27 illegal contacts and 15 pass interference calls. That's almost six pass-defense penalties a game. The plan is for officials to use the preseason to call these penalties often enough to force defenders to make adjustments.

Naturally, the first week of the preseason isn't conducive to drawing conclusions about the calls' impact on scoring and offense. Starters go maybe a series or two, leaving backups in for more than three quarters. Scoring was at 37.8 points a game, compared to 48 a game last season. Those numbers should pick up slightly next week and will increase more when starters play most of the game in two weeks.
Here are five observations from the first full week of preseason games:

Shazam!
08-11-2014, 07:43 AM
Thank goodness I dvrd it too, the penalties were ridiculous.

Broncos running game and DL has me hopeful.