PDA

View Full Version : Holiday might become available

Traveler
08-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Giants | Trindon Holiday may not make the roster

New York Giants*WR*Trindon Holliday*(hamstring) looks unlikely to make the team, in the opinion of Dan Graziano of ESPN New York.

2014-08-09 07:10:02 | Source:*ESPNNewYork.com - Dan Graziano

Read more:*http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=919...#ixzz39uHnkntU

Anyone want him back if he gets cut?

BroncoWave
08-09-2014, 10:04 AM
LOL. Absolutely not. We got rid of him for a good reason.

Valar Morghulis
08-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Nope - for every 80 yrd return he had too many drops or fumbles. I would have used Decker as our return man last year - Holiday was just not durable enough in the tackle.

FanInAZ
08-09-2014, 10:22 AM
I'd love to see him sign...

...with the Raiders, Chiefs or Chargers. That extra fumble per game can make a big difference. :D

Dapper Dan
08-09-2014, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't mind. But it's not going to happen. I think the team wants someone to pull double duty to save a roster spot. We already have too many WRs.

atwater27
08-09-2014, 10:52 AM
I loved watching him play, but he was a double edged sword. a classic speed demon who just got wrecked if he couldn't run past you or juke you. If he could actually receive the punt without bobbling half the time and make the correct decisions to field or not, we would have kept him.

BroncoWave
08-09-2014, 11:17 AM
I loved watching him play, but he was a double edged sword. a classic speed demon who just got wrecked if he couldn't run past you or juke you. If he could actually receive the punt without bobbling half the time and make the correct decisions to field or not, we would have kept him.

If he could do that, Houston would have kept him and he'd never have been a Bronco in the first place.

Northman
08-09-2014, 11:22 AM
He was instrumental in keeping us in the playoff game vs the Ravens but a detriment in other games (Colts). As Atwater put it he was very Jeckyl and Hyde when it came to returning which made him a liability.

underrated29
08-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Yes. Our returners suck.

But we won't have a roster spot for him so it's not going to happen, like stated above.

Ziggy
08-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Yes. Our returners suck.

But we won't have a roster spot for him so it's not going to happen, like stated above.

It's too early to tell if our returners suck. Our special teams have been bad for a few years now. I have no idea how our special teams coach has kept his job.

Dzone
08-09-2014, 01:16 PM
So they have been having Julius Thomas catching punts this week...was that for fun or r they serious? They must not be too happy with what they have. Jordon Norwood might be the return guy, but who knows. Anyone but welker. Cant afford that risk.

BroncoWave
08-09-2014, 01:44 PM
It's pretty alarming how we ignored the kr/pr positions this offseason, but bringing back Trindon is not the answer. His fumbling risk is just not worth the 1-2 touchdowns he'll give you in a given season.

Dapper Dan
08-09-2014, 01:51 PM
I don't think it's going to be a big deal.

Dzone
08-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Just put welker back on punts to fair catch it. Maybe thats what they are thinking with J Thomas. Ball security is more important than being a hero

BroncoWave
08-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Just put welker back on punts to fair catch it. Maybe thats what they are thinking with J Thomas. Ball security is more important than being a hero

I honestly think this is exactly what we should do. We have a historically great offense. There is no need for us to take chances in the return game. We don't need to create instant offense with kick returns. Just safely fair catch it every time and hand it over to PFM. It's a no-brainer to me.

MileHighCrew
08-09-2014, 04:38 PM
it is too bad he can't catch, because he is fun to watch otherwise

Dapper Dan
08-09-2014, 04:54 PM
I don't want Wes Weller fielding/fumbling punts.

Cugel
08-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Just say no. :coffee:

Cugel
08-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Yup. If they could just super-glue the ball to his hands he'd be the most awesome returner in the NFL.

Simple Jaded
08-09-2014, 11:45 PM
Holiday sucks too, it's not just fumbles (he didn't have a ton of turn overs) it's an overall gift for doing something stupid; fielding a punt on the 2, fielding a KO in the back of the endzone and returning it all the way to the 10.

Also, I think it's fair to wonder if Jeff Rodgers just isn't very good ST's coach, considering it wasn't just Holiday making mistakes.

nevcraw
08-10-2014, 03:54 PM
i loved his ability to break one.. very few of those guys exist that are that dangerous. But he made a lot of bad decisions last year and couldn't hold onto the ball consistently.. if all that was fixed -- i'd take him back in a heart beat. big if...
BUT... JE won't go back there.. we are are just going to play sound ST and not give it up nor get much..

LTC Pain
08-10-2014, 06:52 PM
No, no and hell no!

weazel
08-12-2014, 11:03 AM
He won the Broncos a couple games at least... he also probably cost them a game or two

TXBRONC
08-12-2014, 11:16 AM

Six return touchdowns in two seasons but no team can afford can afford the kind that also comes with him returning punts and kicks.