PDA

View Full Version : A cheerful thought.

Dreadnought
08-04-2014, 01:23 PM
I will admit that Superbowl hit me freakin' hard. This will be almost my first posts in the main forum in months. I have all of Denver's wins from 2013 DVR'd, and I haven't been able to watch a single one.

I did however notice something on Profootballreference.com - that being, we are only 2 1/2 games behind Oakland in all time franchise W/L record right now. Let me tell you, as someone who grew up watching the damned Raiders in the 70's, who can still hear Curt Gowdy praising that cursed organization as the "winningest team in football," I had never hoped to live long enough for us to have closed that huge gap. I think we catch those ******** this year. Superbowl or not I would be very happy.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/

WARHORSE
08-04-2014, 01:39 PM
This is undoubtedly the year.

Northman
08-04-2014, 02:25 PM
I will admit that Superbowl hit me freakin' hard. This will be almost my first posts in the main forum in months. I have all of Denver's wins from 2013 DVR'd, and I haven't been able to watch a single one.

I did however notice something on Profootballreference.com - that being, we are only 2 1/2 games behind Oakland in all time franchise W/L record right now. Let me tell you, as someone who grew up watching the damned Raiders in the 70's, who can still hear Curt Gowdy praising that cursed organization as the "winningest team in football," I had never hoped to live long enough for us to have closed that huge gap. I think we catch those ******** this year. Superbowl or not I would be very happy.

Yea, cant really argue with any of this. We did make the SB and have a good chance to get back. But it wont be any easier and the likelihood is not there but we should still have a strong year and be able to surpass the faid which is always a good thing.

Dreadnought
08-04-2014, 02:35 PM
Yea, cant really argue with any of this. We did make the SB and have a good chance to get back. But it wont be any easier and the likelihood is not there but we should still have a strong year and be able to surpass the faid which is always a good thing.

I would really love for the Faid to be battling the Cards and Buc's for most futile franchise ever, but as long as we are better than them I can be happy

BroncoWave
08-04-2014, 08:47 PM
This doesn't really do much for me to be honest. The Raiders have sucked pretty much my whole life, so I guess I haven't developed the same level of hatred as the old fogies on here. :D

I dislike SD and KC far more.

MasterShake
08-04-2014, 09:06 PM
I think Baltimore hit me harder than the Super Bowl did for some reason. Probably because Seattle was just the better team that day but I know that no way in hell the Ravens were. I'll take an AFC Championship win over the Patriots as a consolation prize anyway!

I'm excited about this season because you need to enjoy these elite teams with great QB's when you have them. Closing the gap with the Raiders will just be icing on the cake. We need to do it before they move to another state!

Dreadnought
08-04-2014, 09:25 PM
This doesn't really do much for me to be honest. The Raiders have sucked pretty much my whole life, so I guess I haven't developed the same level of hatred as the old fogies on here. :D

SD and KC barely register. I can work up as much as mild dislike, but that is all, compared to the Raiders

dogfish
08-04-2014, 11:49 PM
cool. . . i didn't realize we were so close. . .

Canmore
08-05-2014, 12:32 AM

It's the Raiders, it's always been the Raiders, it will always be the Raiders.

DenBronx
08-05-2014, 12:48 AM
What is our head to head record vs the raiders. I had checked it a couple years ago and they were still many games ahead of us.

Id like us to beat them in winning %
Head to head
SuperBowl rings

You have no clue how much pleasure id get in having those bragging rights. I think we sweep the AFCW again this year with our biggest challenge being SD. KC is overrated and the raiders are crap.

Northman
08-05-2014, 12:49 AM
I can kind of understand where Wave is coming from. I do actually dislike the Chiefs more than the faid and Chargers at this point. A lot of that going back to the late 90's and early 2000's. The 80's of course was the bad blood with the Raiders and Broncos and of couse the late 2000's with the Chargers. It kind of goes in spurts with our rivals but if there is one more thing we can take away from the faid and our special friend OR it would be the alltime winningest record which im all for. Will be interesting though if Schaub can make a last hurrah for Oaktown but i doubt it.

Dapper Dan
08-05-2014, 01:18 AM
I've always had an unnecessary hate for Oakland.

For some reason, I keep one game image in my head. I want to say 2002. We wear the orange alternates at home against Oakland. It snows hard. We get beat. I also remember at other times, DMC and Ford running all over us. Then there's the Orton ghost fumble.

Pudge
08-05-2014, 07:30 AM

Go to a game and witness the fans and its enough to light a fiery hatred in me.

LTC Pain
08-05-2014, 08:52 AM
I remember watching an AFL game between the Chiefs and Raiders in the late 60s. Len Dawson goes back to pass and rolls right under pressure. He trips on his own feet and falls down untouched. Ben Davidson takes the opportunity to spear Dawson in a defenseless position (the rules are different today), Dawson writhing in pain from the hit. Otis Taylor comes running over and starts swinging haymakers at Davidson, which stimulates a general melee with the benches pouring on the fields. My Dad jumps up screaming at the TV for someone on the Chiefs side to kill that SOB Davidson.

I'm a Broncos fan now but AFC West Football Etiquette 101 requires a non-stop hatred of the Raiders :)

Oh, screw the Raiders forever! :salute:

Dreadnought
08-05-2014, 09:00 AM
I remember watching an AFL game between the Chiefs and Raiders in the late 60s. Len Dawson goes back to pass and rolls right under pressure. He trips on his own feet and falls down untouched. Ben Davidson takes the opportunity to spear Dawson in a defenseless position (the rules are different today), Dawson writhing in pain from the hit. Otis Taylor comes running over and starts swinging haymakers at Davidson, which stimulates a general melee with the benches pouring on the fields. My Dad jumps up screaming at the TV for someone on the Chiefs side to kill that SOB Davidson.

I'm a Broncos fan now but AFC West Football Etiquette 101 requires a non-stop hatred of the Raiders :)

Oh, screw the Raiders forever! :salute:

Oh, I remember that play very well. Even worse, the Chiefs were ahead and Dawson had just scrambled for a game clinching first down. The melee causes the clock to stop and wiped out the play (no dead ball fouls then). The Raiders stop the Chefs second time around got the ball, and tied the game, which eventually won them the Division.

Typical Raiders from back then. They played dirty, cheated, and were lucky on top of it.

Dreadnought
08-05-2014, 09:08 AM
What is our head to head record vs the raiders. I had checked it a couple years ago and they were still many games ahead of us.

Id like us to beat them in winning %
Head to head
SuperBowl rings

You have no clue how much pleasure id get in having those bragging rights. I think we sweep the AFCW again this year with our biggest challenge being SD. KC is overrated and the raiders are crap.

They are still ahead of us 47-60-2. When you consider that we beat them in October of 1962, and the next win against them was October 1972, and then only twice after that going to January 1978 and that we have always played them twice per Year, we are making headway there.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=den&tm2=rai&yr=all

TXBRONC
08-05-2014, 09:57 AM
It's the Raiders, it's always been the Raiders, it will always be the Raiders.

This is true but Charger and Chief fans are still obnoxious twits.

tomjonesrocks
08-05-2014, 11:00 AM
I will admit that Superbowl hit me freakin' hard. This will be almost my first posts in the main forum in months. I have all of Denver's wins from 2013 DVR'd, and I haven't been able to watch a single one. I did however notice something on Profootballreference.com - that being, we are only 2 1/2 games behind Oakland in all time franchise W/L record right now. Let me tell you, as someone who grew up watching the damned Raiders in the 70's, who can still hear Curt Gowdy praising that cursed organization as the "winningest team in football," I had never hoped to live long enough for us to have closed that huge gap. I think we catch those ******** this year. Superbowl or not I would be very happy. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/

I'm definitely with you on the SB hangover. Honestly I'm not going to watch this first preseason game. Can't take the reminder of that classless, and dominant, Seattle team this soon.

Preseason starts with the Niners for me.

Canmore
08-07-2014, 12:15 AM
This is true but Charger and Chief fans are still obnoxious twits.

Lol. Quite true.

wayninja
08-07-2014, 02:21 AM

I watch the Dallas game almost every day. I can see danny picking Romo's pass in my sleep and that's how I know that it's time for the last cup of coffee.

CrazyHorse
08-07-2014, 02:38 AM
If you need any reason to hate the Raiders just remember 59-14 a few years ago.

Apollo
08-09-2014, 05:11 AM
Don't know how any fan can NOT hate the Raiders. Dive into even a portion of the team's history and you'll be given plenty of reasons to hate the Raiders. This is the year.

atwater27
08-09-2014, 09:42 AM
I hated the Raiders in the 80's, the Chiefs in the 90's and the Chargers more in the 00's. Baltimore has been in the hate seat as well in the last 10 years, and since we got Peyton Manning I have learned to hate not only the Patriots, but their godawful fans.

TXBRONC
08-09-2014, 06:55 PM
I watch the Dallas game almost every day. I can see danny picking Romo's pass in my sleep and that's how I know that it's time for the last cup of coffee.

That was a heck of a game.

BroncoWave
08-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Go to a game and witness the fans and its enough to light a fiery hatred in me.

I almost went to a Broncos-Raiders game in Oakland a few years ago but I didn't want to get shanked so I thought twice about it.

BroncoBasil
08-09-2014, 07:17 PM
The SB was expected.....well maybe not that bad as it turned out but I knew that was a bad matchup for us. I still had hope though....I hoped for Mile High Magic but all I got was drunk

Shazam!
08-09-2014, 07:19 PM

That was a heck of a game.

...between two terrible defenses.

Cugel
08-09-2014, 10:28 PM
I've always had an unnecessary hate for Oakland.

For some reason, I keep one game image in my head. I want to say 2002. We wear the orange alternates at home against Oakland. It snows hard. We get beat. I also remember at other times, DMC and Ford running all over us. Then there's the Orton ghost fumble.

My memories go back to Marcus Allen running wild in the 80's and all the "Team of Destiny" crap I had to listen to. And then there always seemed to be hundreds of ******** running around wearing Raiders tee-shirts and they would trash talk about how much better the Raiders were. Their fans are flat out the most obnoxious in the NFL. Even when the Raiders flat suck and have sucked for the last 12 years, they STILL want to talk smack.

You know if the Raiders ever get back to the Playoffs they will instantly become insufferable. They need to be permanently held under water and never let up to breath. I want them to go 7-9 every single year so they don't get any decent draft choices but never go the playoffs either.

Dreadnought
10-06-2014, 06:03 AM
It has happened.

Denver Broncos all time record 435 - 379 - 10

Oakland Raiders all time record 434 - 379 - 11

I don't see them making up this ground this year

nevcraw
10-06-2014, 04:53 PM

your life obviously has been embarrassingly short to make this statement. not being 40 at least is your fault.

pnbronco
10-06-2014, 05:23 PM
It has happened.

Denver Broncos all time record 435 - 379 - 10

Oakland Raiders all time record 434 - 379 - 11

I don't see them making up this ground this year

:woot::whoo::marchmellow::dancing2::boom: (fireworks for me) Thanks Dread....such good news!!!!!

Dreadnought
10-06-2014, 05:32 PM
:woot::whoo::marchmellow::dancing2::boom: (fireworks for me) Thanks Dread....such good news!!!!!

PS - We are better lifetime than San Diego and Kansas City, too

Dreadnought
10-07-2014, 09:01 AM
We are 5 games behind the Patriots for best all time record amongst the original eight AFL teams. Considering how awful we were in the 1960's that is pretty impressive

Dreadnought
11-10-2014, 04:30 PM
We have passed the Colts in all time W/L % and are tied with the Browns. 4 1/2 game lead on the Faid....and counting

chazoe60
11-10-2014, 04:48 PM
We have passed the Colts in all time W/L % and are tied with the Browns. 4 1/2 game lead on the Faid....and counting

It's crazy to think that the Browns were once a juggernaut.

weazel
11-10-2014, 05:32 PM

Otto Graham

MOtorboat
11-10-2014, 06:04 PM

Technically, that's the Ravens.

:couch:

chazoe60
11-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Technically, that's the Ravens.

:couch:
I used to love to troll that dumb commie Charlie Brown with that shit all the time. He would get so riled up. :laugh: