PDA

View Full Version : First Depth Chart Released

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2014, 07:22 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – A day after the Broncos’ Summer Scrimmage, the team has released its first official depth chart of the preseason.

The Broncos will host the Seattle Seahawks on Thursday in their first preseason game.

Newcomers made appearances on top of the depth chart on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Emmanuel Sanders has been listed as a starter at wide receiver. Defensive end DeMarcus Ware, cornerback Aqib Talib and strong safety T.J. Ward also made their way to the top of the depth chart.

Ryan Clady, Derek Wolfe, Von Miller and Chris Harris Jr. all found themselves at the top of the depth chart despite injuries in 2013.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/First-Depth-Chart-Released/dfdb9be1-edbd-4603-bed8-79ae0b818e68

VonDoom
08-03-2014, 07:23 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

I'm guessing Gerelll Robinson was supposed to be the fourth TE and it's just an oversight?

I thought Burse or Fowler might make the team, but as of now, they're both behind Jordan Norwood on the chart.

Seems like we still have no definite PR or KR.

Defensive depth looks pretty nice - just our second unit in its entirety is strong.

As always, it's still early, grain of salt, etc, etc.

BroncoWave
08-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Yeah, it looks like we really did ignore the KR/PR position this offseason if we STILL have Welker back there. We are really playing with fire there.

Dapper Dan
08-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Dang. You're way ahead. Was just about to post this:

http://i58.tinypic.com/fjm8gh.jpg

Simple Jaded
08-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Jameson Konz is a superfreak athlete, it'd be sweet if Denver could make him a football player.

GEM
08-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Burse doesn't stay at #3 long. That's a smokescreen of some sort.

GEM
08-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Jameson Konz is a superfreak athlete, it'd be sweet if Denver could make him a football player.
He made a good catch yesterday and has a pretty epic beard.

VonDoom
08-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Dang. You're way ahead. Was just about to post this:

http://i58.tinypic.com/fjm8gh.jpg

Glad they got around to correcting their Robinson error by the time they put this in readable format.

Dapper Dan
08-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Glad they got around to correcting their Robinson error by the time they put this in readable format.

What do you mean?

I just checked the link and they have Colquitt as the long snapper and Tamme isn't on it.

VonDoom
08-03-2014, 09:39 PM

What do you mean?

I just checked the link and they have Colquitt as the long snapper and Tamme isn't on it.

When I initially posted the link, the TE depth stopped at Konz and didn't list Gerell or that other guy.

Shazam!
08-03-2014, 11:26 PM
I hate our WRs receiving kicks.

Magnificent Seven
08-03-2014, 11:49 PM
Wow. Kevin Vickerson has lost a job to Sylvester Williams?

silkamilkamonico
08-04-2014, 12:03 AM

Williams has looked fantastic. His reaction to the snap is almost too perfect at times. When he comes off the same time as the olinemen across from him he's hit the gap before the olinemen can get square on him. A few times he's off too fast and he's too far down field at the point of attack on the ball.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-04-2014, 12:08 AM
Well, to be fair to Big Vic, we don't know even know if he's 100% yet.

Timmy!
08-04-2014, 02:22 AM
Sly has reportedly looked fantastic....which is friggin awesome. If our interior dline can kick ass on the regular with miller/ware coming off the edges...not to mention a healthy Wolfe and Jackson...and if smith is decent at all....holy shit.

tripp
08-04-2014, 08:21 AM
I've been a pretty big advocate of Gerell Robinson, I don't think it hurts having him on the team since he and Oz played together. Seems like they have good chemistry as I've heard on twitter they've hooked up for some good plays again this off-season. What's stopping this guy from making the cut?

BroncoWave
08-04-2014, 08:40 AM

Sylvester Williams was a first round pick and by all reports has looked dominant during camp. Why shouldn't he be starting?

BroncoWave
08-04-2014, 08:48 AM
We finally look to have some good depth on the d-line and in the secondary. Really thin at LB though. We can't afford any injuries there.

VonDoom
08-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Sylvester Williams was a first round pick and by all reports has looked dominant during camp. Why shouldn't he be starting?

Fully agree. I'm assuming the expectation for a first rounder is that he would start when his ability caught up to his selection number. And as others have said, Vickerson is still coming back from an injury and is a FA after this year. If Sly can be the beast he's been during TC, I will be very, very happy.

TXBRONC
08-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Fully agree. I'm assuming the expectation for a first rounder is that he would start when his ability caught up to his selection number. And as others have said, Vickerson is still coming back from an injury and is a FA after this year. If Sly can be the beast he's been during TC, I will be very, very happy.

If Williams can be the beast that we all hope he will be Miller and Ware's jobs will become relatively easier.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-05-2014, 06:19 PM
If Williams can be the beast that we all hope he will be Miller and Ware's jobs will become relatively easier.

At least 2 guys in that front four will be single teamed. I like it.