PDA

View Full Version : Juwan Thompson moving up Broncos depth chart at running back

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Juwan Thompson has moved to the front of the undrafted rookie running back pool.

That still leaves him as the Broncos' No. 4 running back — behind Montee Ball, Ronnie Hillman and C.J. Anderson. But it's better than being fifth or sixth on the depth chart, which is where Thompson was through the offseason and the early part of camp.

"They've been working everybody in slowly," he said. "Nothing's guaranteed right now."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26260271/juwan-thompson-moving-up-broncos-depth-chart-at

Dzone
08-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Sounds like he has a leg up in the pass protection department. Plus, he is probably smarter than average, being from Duke

BroncoWave
08-01-2014, 06:31 PM
I guess this guy will be our newest camp sensation!

G_Money
08-01-2014, 09:20 PM
He's a special teams demon who can pass block, run routes, catch a ball and get tough yards. That's exactly the kind of player who makes a roster as an emergency guy, especially at RB. 4th on the depth chart needs to be able to contribute in other facets than getting 20 carries a game, and he'll have to pick up the offense and protections quickly in case that emergency DOES happen.

Juwan has a leg up in that department. No real surprise there. So we'll see in the pre-season if any of the other back-end RBs can do enough on the field to chase him down.

Simple Jaded
08-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Ya, pass protection! :rolleyes:

G_Money
08-01-2014, 09:43 PM
LOL that's what Peyton wants. Convert third and short (Juwan is 225 pounds and runs low), pick up the blitz (also a skill he has) and tackle/block somebody on Special Teams (he won awards in college for special teams play).

If you don't understand your responsibilities in this offense, you ain't getting on the field. Thompson should get a longer look because he can do some of the other things required of a guy that deep on the depth chart. I don't expect him to Mike Anderson his way to a ROY award or anything, but he'll get a good look (or as good a look as a 4th-stringer is likely to get).

And personally, I want very back on this team to be able to keep Manning's jersey pristine. We don't win shit when he's planted on his back or running around in panicked circles in the pocket.

Timmy!
08-02-2014, 01:06 AM
Will have to keep an eye on him in preseason. A special teams demon, who can bulldoze on goaline/short yardage and kick ass in pass protection is worth a roster spot.

ShaneFalco
08-02-2014, 03:44 AM
i neeed videoooo

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2014, 05:38 AM
I never even heard of this dude - anyone know much about him from college?