PDA

View Full Version : U29 tc camp summary

underrated29
07-30-2014, 09:12 PM
First off, most of what I will say I have tweeted out during practice. My twitter is ThefakeUR29. I dont twitter except for camp. So this is not a plug for you to follow me. If you do great if not I don't care as I won't tweet again until next tc, after this tc is over. But if you want more info go there.

Because I've tweeted so much during camp I've had a harder time really studying and analyzing players as I've had to tweet quickly before the next play and watch quickly so I don't miss anything. It's hard to do. So here we go, what I have seen for the two practices we have been allowed to attend.

Qbs - the sky is blue and manning is manning. Haven't been able to conclude his arm is stronger but it's not weaker and it is stronger than year 1 he was here, that's for sure.

Brock- today's hurry up offense he ran in game like situations, where the offense has limited time to move down the field and score, showed me something I seem to remember from last year. He waits too long to throw the ball, no doubt. If his number one is not open he progresses to number two, however, if that guy is not wide open he won't throw it most likely. He really seems to be hesitant to throw guys open like Peyton. Conversely, when running the hurry up today, in the rain, he was firing bullets! He moved the offense down the field. He knew where he was going ahead of time and threw the wr open, even with good coverage. So far, when he is decisive, he is pretty ok. When not, it shows. He does throw a really nice deep ball. We know this though. Haven't looked at footwork so I can't confirm or deny what other reports have said.

Dysert, refuses to throw past 10 yards unless the guy is wide open like he did to nurse the other day. I don't believe he makes the roster.

Rbs- gave a lot of focus to these guy! Lots.

Pass catching-
montee has improved much in this area. He still needs to work on It though. In a speed drill a few of the rbs, did a small jump, or left the ground when catching the ball. They should not do that. Keep their feet and speed on the ground. Ball was one of them. Much better but still needs work.

Hillman-one of the few rbs, who caught the ball clean and did not leave the ground to catch it. This keeps his speed up and can set up defenders with moves.

Cj- catches the ball well also. He had a few bobbles sometimes in the speed drill he kept his feet moving on the ground. Well done.

Clay, catches softly but left the ground, juwann Thompson actually did really well catching. Bibbs is alright but did not leave the ground.

Other rb notes.....
Bibbs has quick feet. Jerodis has super quick feet! Really quick. Cj has faster feet than ball and Hillman I think, Thompson, he's just slow. But he is big and owns in pass pro. I like him a lot but don't think he beats out the other guys for a spot.
I do not like the way Hillman, clay or montee cut. In the cut drills, those guys did not get much if any body lean on their cuts, they also were rather upright. Montee especially. Bibbs and Cj both cut fast and hard and leaned into it or dipped their shoulder as we say in hockey.
-Hillman likes to go outside a lot. He looks faster. He can't run up the middle unless there is a big lane.
- clay does not have good vision comparatively. Today he has a huge hole after he ran off tackle for a nice gain, had he hit the hole he would have been gone. Missed it and went out of bounds.
-Cj looks really good to me. When the games start he could give ball a run for his money. Hillman tho I think has surpassed Cj in camp.
- montee looks the best overall, speed, vision and power. Would like to see him be a bit more decisive tho.

Roby- my tweets sum it up perfectly, but his problem IMO is just being a rookie. I've seen him guess routes and be wrong. The defense audibles and he didn't know what to do....to be expected. The d then talked to him about what to do before the next snap. His head is spinning I think. I've seen him run with a guy and be a step behind, only when he saw the ball in the air did he accelerate to make the play..ball was thrown out of bounds but he has the speed to hang with these guys, just needs the knowhow and confidence. He also needs to get his head around faster. He tends to get a little grabby when they line him up on press.

Lorenete McCray.- this dude is legit. He covers well and he can rush the qb mean! He just flys all overt he place. I didn't buy into the hype last year on him. This year I'll be Vice President of his fan club. I will focus more on him Saturday and see how the finer technique things look. For now, I'm really impressed.

Latimer, everything you've read about him is pretty much legit. Makes a few rook drops but he beats guys 1v1 consistently and he has been all over the place.

Sly- this guy is a boss! He has been a boss the two days I have seen. Seriously, the jump he has made, albeit 5 days in to practice so things can change, is just amazing. He doesn't look dominant, he IS dominant!! He's my player of camp so far. He should be called Ron Jeremy the way he penates so fast and hard. And when he doesn't get through ir collapse the picket he is taking lessons from JJ watt and batting passes down at the LOS....he also is holding up well against the run. He is destroying things out there right now.

Starvin Marvin- haven't had a bunch of good looks at him but the reports of his jump at the snap are accurate. He fires off quick. Only other thing I saw in my limited vision of him was quick hands. He uses them quickly to fight off the lineman. Will try to see more of him again. He worked his way up to the 1s today tho for some snaps.

The defense has had the upper hand on the offense. Our defense is ferocious and this is more or less without Von and Demarcus....McCray has filled in more than adequately for Von and the Dl is causing so many problems that the other de are having success. I am not worried about the offense though, they have made their plays. They have opened up some big holes for the rb and when it's The wr/te vs the DBS the offense is winning most of the time. That dline tho is crushing worlds.

Franklin needs to get his butt down. Too high, losing leverage. Such offield tips his hands as I had on my post and write up before tc started but held his own as the 3rd teamer RT.

That's it for now, my tweets covered most things.

Simple Jaded
07-30-2014, 09:42 PM
Ron Jeremy should write a book on how to penate hard and fast.

underrated29
07-30-2014, 09:42 PM
Ron Jeremy should write a book on how to penate hard and fast.

It's a videography

Simple Jaded
07-30-2014, 09:48 PM
It's a videography

Think bigger, IMAX.

underrated29
07-30-2014, 09:53 PM
Think bigger, IMAX.

3D.

Simple Jaded
07-30-2014, 10:14 PM
3D.

Lotsa merchandising potential, posters, action figures with pimp hand grip and lunch boxes.

Simple Jaded
07-30-2014, 10:18 PM
On a serious note, now that you've mentioned Franklin, I've seen a few practice shots of the OL and Franklin didn't look good, hopefully he's adjusting well.

silkamilkamonico
07-31-2014, 03:10 AM
Does Marvin have a legit shot at making the team?

Marvin Austin
Sly Williams
Kevin Vickerson
Terence Knighton
Mitch Unrein
Sione Fua

How many DT's make team usually and who do we think makes it?

Traveler
07-31-2014, 07:55 AM
Does Marvin have a legit shot at making the team?

Marvin Austin
Sly Williams
Kevin Vickerson
Terence Knighton
Mitch Unrein
Sione Fua

How many DT's make team usually and who do we think makes it?

Denver normally carries only 4 DT's. With Jackson & Wolfe also able to move inside on passing downs, the team might continue to carry only four 4 at that position.

If the hype and play of Austin remains, my guess is Fua and Unrein don't make the final cut.

VonDoom
07-31-2014, 08:14 AM
Denver normally carries only 4 DT's. With Jackson & Wolfe also able to move inside on passing downs, the team might continue to carry only four 4 at that position.

If the hype and play of Austin remains, my guess is Fua and Unrein don't make the final cut.

I think Fua is definitely out. I was on the fence about Unrein going in anyway, and if Austin continues to impress, I could see him taking that spot.

Thanks for all the other input, UR. The D sounds great from what I've heard. Are you at all concerned about the OL getting beaten consistently by these guys, or is it just proof that the D is that good?

Valar Morghulis
07-31-2014, 08:51 AM
How is Caldwell and Sanders looking?

underrated29
07-31-2014, 09:42 AM
I think Fua is definitely out. I was on the fence about Unrein going in anyway, and if Austin continues to impress, I could see him taking that spot.

Thanks for all the other input, UR. The D sounds great from what I've heard. Are you at all concerned about the OL getting beaten consistently by these guys, or is it just proof that the D is that good?

I think it's more just the Dl, but I am going to focus on OL a lot on Saturday, to be sure!

underrated29
07-31-2014, 09:44 AM
How is Caldwell and Sanders looking?

Both look good.

Caldwell really wants to make the team so in drills when guys are kinda half assing he is going close to full speed. Had a drop in the rain yesterday but he is giving it all he has IMO.

Sanders looks awesome!! He has turned around talib a few times. He is quick like we have all heard. Decker who?

atwater27
07-31-2014, 11:19 AM
So great to hear the rave reviews of our defensive line. IMO the most important part of a team besides o line.

silkamilkamonico
08-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Reports from people seeing camp are saying this -

Dysert has been terrible, and Osweiler is not improving on his decision making. The dudes on the radio who have seen most practices are saying DEnver should take a look at a high quality veteran QB as backup if one becomes available.

They really like Ball and CJ Anderson ha been strong.

Irving holding down the middle and could be very solid, but we heard hat last year in camp too.

Have also said Roby has really really struggled and is lost right now.

Dudes on the radio - know it's just their opinion but they have seen seen the practices and it just what they seeing.

underrated29
08-01-2014, 12:30 AM
Reports from people seeing camp are saying this -

Dysert has been terrible, and Osweiler is not improving on his decision making. The dudes on the radio who have seen most practices are saying DEnver should take a look at a high quality veteran QB as backup if one becomes available.

They really like Ball and CJ Anderson ha been strong.

Irving holding down the middle and could be very solid, but we heard hat last year in camp too.

Have also said Roby has really really struggled and is lost right now.

Dudes on the radio - know it's just their opinion but they have seen seen the practices and it just what they seeing.

I'd agree with all except for Brock, not that he is not improving part but the vet qb part. If Peyton doesn't play lets just roll w Brock.

Irving. Haven't noticed him a ton. Still don't have faith in that guy very much. W will see.