PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Training Camp Report 7/24/14

BSN Denver
07-24-2014, 09:56 PM
By Brandon Spano

Injury wise it was a pretty clean day. Omar Bolden (left shoulder), Cody Latimer (left foot) and Greg Latta (throat) were injured in practice but coach Fox said that all were minor.

The Broncos appear to be loaded this season and the first day of training camp went about as smooth as a first day of training camp can go. I have covered Tim Tebow training camps and Brodie Croyle training camps so I certainly know what one full of miscues looks like. In Manning’s first year here you could tell that the team was in a little bit of culture shock at the tempo in which he would coordinate the offenses possessions at and mistakes followed. Last year was the first camp I ever covered where it ran like clockwork from day one. The Broncos were way ahead of the curve and it showed when the season came.

This year - same thing. It ran like a well-oiled machine. And I’m not sure the first training camp is supposed to run like a well-oiled machine, but it does around here. Sure there was some mistakes but the professionalism that the veterans operate with is emulated by the rookies and it creates an environment that I’m not sure any other team in the NFL can recreate.

Let me get this off my chest to start. Wes Welker roasted everybody that he was lined up against. If Welker was your surprise cut this year, you need to find a new one. This guy didn’t become the greatest slot receiver ever by taking it easy at practice when new comers are attempting to take his spot.

Demaryius Thomas was not at practice due to a death in his family and according to coach Fox, will be out for the next few days. That gave Emmanuel Sanders a number of looks as the number one guy. They threw him a bubble screen, a few slants, and he even ran a reverse. He looks much quicker than I anticipated. He is without a doubt the most explosive receiver that I’ve covered in Denver. Don’t get me wrong, Demaryius is ultra-fast but Sanders is like a rabbit with his acceleration and lateral ability.

Because of Thomas’ absence, Bubba Caldwell received reps with the first team and didn’t disappoint. He caught a nice........

-----> READ THE REST OF THE REPORT RIGHT HERE (http://www.brandonspano.com/headlines.html?entry=broncos-training-camp-report-7)

Dzone
07-24-2014, 11:42 PM
Impressed with the von miller interview. "Adversity reveals character". This is a much more mature and wiser von miller. He seems more self disciplined than ever. The presence of ware is only going to make him better on and off the field.
I wish there was more footage from camp to watch.
From the way von was running, his knee looks gtg.