PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Training Camp

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2014, 10:47 AM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 16m

Broncos just finished team walkthrough sessions. Players wearing shells -- small pads and helmets -- but no contact first 2 days.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 48m

Peyton Manning in the field for start of training camp. Carrying wrapped ball.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 3h

Demaryius Thomas to miss first days of camp to attend grandmother's funeral: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/07/24/demaryius-thomas-excused-first-days-training-camp/28379/ … via @denverpost

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 21h

Von Miller wont have contact until third preseason game at earliest.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 21h

Chris Harris to start camp on PUP. Von Miller and Kevin Vickerson pass physical. Cleared for limited work.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 9m

As many of these Broncos DB's are discovering, Welker is almost impossible to cover one on one. He's toasting every guy in line.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 21m

Aquib Talib looks like a strong safety. That's a big corner.

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 5m

Emphasis on holding onto ball. Julius Thomas drops one and then has to hold onto a blue football

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 42m

C Clark will find a new home at right tackle. Corner will be an interesting competition. Without fans feels much more like regular practice

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 44m

Bradley roby will be in the mix right away. Von is back! Full! But may stay away from contact

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 45m

Early impressions - rahim Moore is back and will keep that spot. However duke, q carter and Bruton all in good shape

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 2m

Emmanuel Sanders caught a punt while holding three footballs. Tried to make it four, but failed. Impressive nevertheless.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 6m

Wes Welker, Isaiah Burse, Emmanuel Sanders and Jordan Norwood getting some reps on punt returns today.

Cody Latimer also looks good so far. He uses his body well. Contact at the line of scrimmage doesn't disrupt him.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 7m

The one-on-one period was highlighted by a gorgeous Manning-to-Sanders completion on a go route up the sideline, beating Tony Carter.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 49m

It's not the same. And it will be tougher on players to avoid camp doldrums. Fans = Energy. RT @KraigKennicutt: looks weird w/o fans there

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2014, 01:07 PM
TJ is broadcasting from Broncos' training camp, and a few minutes ago, he talked with Peyton - first about Mr. B, and one thing Peyton said was that he wrote Mr. B a letter yesterday.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2014, 01:12 PM

Anytime. First practice rep he takes, he's off PUP. RT @kevinlyle6: with Harris starting on the PUP. When is he eligible to come back again?

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 21m

Chris Harris meets with Dr. James Andrews on Monday for his six-month checkup. Expects to pass the tests and be good for practice.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 23m

Chris Harris expects he'll be cleared for practice next week. Doesn't expect to play in preseason, shooting for Wk 1.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 28m

Cody Latimer says he'd give himself a C-minus for today because of "minor mistakes."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 34m

Terrance Knighton, on how much he re-watched the Super Bowl vs. the Seahawks: "a lot ... I watched it enough to hate them."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 37m

Emmanuel Sanders said he'd give himself "below an F" for today -- because he dropped one pass.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 50m

Cody Latimer had a "minor" left foot injury. Omar Bolden, left shoulder, also "minor," per John Fox.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2014, 01:18 PM
BTV will be broadcasting live from training camp everyday, giving fans a live look at the opening periods of practice, podium sound and a recap show at 3 PM.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV_Announces_Live_Programming/e553afac-7ef3-466b-8eec-5144456dff02 - video on here explaining exactly what we can see

Just found this - too late for camp today, but can watch what is on at 3 PM.

underrated29
07-24-2014, 02:02 PM
Carol these updates are very sexy. You are too for posting these sexy updates. Everything in here is very sexy.

Keep up the sexiness, Carol.

underrated29
07-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Montee Ball is weighing in at a clean 220.
Cj anderson primed to be the #1 back dropped from 235 to 213 in hopes of taking over for ball.

DenBronx
07-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Dont mention CJ because you will hear blah blah blah why is everyone talking about him like he's the second coming of christ blah blah blah.

underrated29
07-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Dont mention CJ because you will hear blah blah blah why is everyone talking about him like he's the second coming of christ blah blah blah.

Well, at his new lighter weight I saw a tweet saying he was literally walking on water. You never know. ;)

Ziggy
07-24-2014, 03:25 PM

CJ has talent and instincts. He was pushing for the starting job last year before he got hurt. My money is on Kapri Bibbs to open eyes in the preseason this year. It's Montee's job to lose, and I think the only thing that can derail him is injuries. It's going to be fun watching these backs compete for that #2 spot behind Ball.

pnbronco
07-24-2014, 03:26 PM
I can't even remember how long it's been since I have not been there on the first day of camp.... Kind of sad but this thread is helping. It's nice to know the other's in the press think it's not the same without the fans. Even Peyton gave us fans a nod.....like that.

Thanks Carol!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Denver Broncos @Broncos · 7m

Get caught up on day 1 of training camp, BTV LIVE from camp starts at 3:00 p.m., watch here: http://dbron.co/4dr

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Retweeted by Denver Broncos
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 1m

My five thoughts from the first day of training camp: Emmanuel Sanders, Cody Latimer & more: http://dbron.co/4ds

sneakers
07-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Was today the first day?

underrated29
07-24-2014, 03:57 PM
awww carol getting sexy in here again. I LIKE!!!!

underrated29
07-24-2014, 03:57 PM
Was today the first day?

I think yesterday, but I am guessing today was first day with actual stuff and not drills and conditioning etc.

pnbronco
07-24-2014, 04:47 PM

Get caught up on day 1 of training camp, BTV LIVE from camp starts at 3:00 p.m., watch here: http://dbron.co/4dr

Watching the today's highlights something really stuck out for me, Emmauel Sanders....wow did he have a move on Tony Carter I think, could not go back to make sure and was beautiful. I think we got a great player in him and he seems to be on the same page as Peyton for this being his first season here. Really looking forward to Sunday to see for myself.

atwater27
07-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Carol, I thought I was done on this board, but I was drawn back because I missed awesome content like this. :)

DenBronx
07-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Carol has singlehandedly restored hope in Broncos forums worldwide.

DenBronx
07-24-2014, 06:33 PM
When I go to practices I bypass all of the players and look to get Carols autograph.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Day 1 Grades
Players give themselves grades after the first practice of training camp.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Day-1-Grades/399d1fa5-1b69-4361-9850-0c525893a57c

Manning's Full Press Session from Day 1 of Camp
Peyton Manning talks to the press after Thursday's practice.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Mannings-Full-Press-Session-from-Day-1-of-Camp/d7c842ee-7896-435f-b40f-861bfb5ea09b

Coach Fox's Full Presser from Day 1 of Camp
Head Coach John Fox talks to the media after Thursday's practice.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Coach-Foxs-Full-Presser-from-Day-1-of-Camp/7f682eb8-46f2-43b7-a224-4ca4627d035e

New Additions Talk Day 1
DeMarcus Ware, Emmanuel Sanders and T.J. Ward talk about the first day of training camp.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/New-Additions-Talk-Day-1/c2b13b61-4a34-4c84-9719-06807bff569b

Exclusive Camp Highlights: Day 1
Highlights From Day 1 of Broncos Training Camp.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Exclusive-Camp-Highlights-Day-1/b098b57f-abf4-490c-ae44-b7c0e41c641d

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2014, 04:45 PM
The second day of Broncos training camp got underway Friday, and along with the temperatures (upper 80s) rose the competitive nature of practice at Dove Valley. While the team neither dressed in pads nor hit — per guidelines in the collective-bargaining agreement — coach John Fox detected a heightened sense of intensity on the field compared to the opening day of camp Thursday.

"It's getting more competitive, and you like to see that," said Fox. "We'll start back in pads (Saturday). We haven't been in pads since February.

"Overall, that's ultimately how you play the game. Those evaluations become a little more important. In my experience, it really holds true in your 'fronts' — both offensively and defensively. We get out of the 'underwear' — we've been in that since the offseason. It's always an exciting time."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26216755/john-fox-eager-see-full-pads-after-broncos-training-camp

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Retweeted by Andrew Mason
Denver Broncos @Broncos · 29m
BTV Live from Training Camp: A recap of Day 2 with player interviews & analysis starts at 3:30 http://dbron.co/4e5

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 24m

Despite outside chatter about his contract, Julius Thomas' focus is on the field. More here: http://dbron.co/4e6

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 4h

Cody Latimer continues to get the better of Bradley Roby. Beat him deep on a post route from Manning.

T.J. Ward drops a sure INT from Manning. He does push-ups as punishment

More the latter. Wolfe's having a good day so far. RT @CaioRyuuzaki: Don't know if that's really bad for Clady or Wolfe is on a roll.

Osweiler is doing a better job getting it downfield & outside. Not settling for the checkdown. More confident throwing into tight coverage.

Gerell Robinson had a superb 10-yd reception from Osweiler in the left flat between 2 defenders. Leapt for the grab. Grace & concentration.

Sylvester Williams with an INT of Manning. Then he tried to lateral. Oops. It went forward. Was dropped anyway by Q.Carter.

Derek Wolfe is having a terrific day. On the first run play of the team period, he blew through Clady & got to Ball for a 3-yard loss.

A Manchester United contingent is here today. Imagine if I had opted to wear my Manchester City jersey this morning.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 5h

David Bruton with the pick-six off Osweiler during a team period at the start of practice.

Dzone
07-25-2014, 05:25 PM
Big Al saying he is surprised that Larentee Mccray wasnt a 1st round draft pick. Hes playing in the base #1 in place of Miller

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2014, 07:45 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Highlights from the Denver Broncos' training camp on Friday.

One of the major objectives this offseason was to not only get a little more nasty on defense -- "that championship mentality," John Elway has called it -- but to get bigger in the secondary as well. They signed cornerback Aqib Talib (6-foot-1, 205 pounds) as well as safety T.J. Ward (5-10, 200) and then used a first-round pick on cornerback Bradley Roby (5-11, 192). Just two days into camp and Talib’s reach -- "length" in scouting terms -- and his comfort level in both man and zone looks have been on display plenty. He makes it difficult for quarterbacks, including the ultra accurate Peyton Manning, to fit the ball in, and has forced several over-throws and knocked down more than his share of passes from all of the Broncos' quarterbacks already. Defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio figures to match Talib on No. 1 receivers throughout the season no matter where those pass-catchers line up. "I definitely checked out the defensive scheme and knew a little about Del Rio’s scheme before I made my decision to come here. It’s perfect for me."

The Broncos are approaching a crossroads with tight end Julius Thomas, who is in the last season of his rookie deal. They’d like to sign him long term, but could also use the franchise player tag next season if they do not get a deal done. Either way, Thomas has done his part so far to build on his 65-catch, 12-touchdown season in 2013. Thomas has shown a comfort level in the offense, working on the line, out wide and in the slot. He also spent some time with Tony Gonzalez this past offseason for a little guidance as well. "For me, it was understanding how you continue to play at a high level," Thomas said. "What do you do to prepare for games? What do you do to get the most out of practice? Just some things that only a future Hall of Famer and a 17-year veteran would know."

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/7530/broncos-camp-report-day-2

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2014, 08:49 PM
Man, Cody Latimer beat the Broncos' cornerback so badly, some found it surprising to hear the cornerback wasn't Kavon Webster.

At training camp Friday, the rookie receiver Latimer torched first-round pick Bradley Roby in a seven-on-seven drill, and Latimer was rewarded with a beautiful loft from Peyton Manning, who is one of the quarterbacks competing for the Broncos' starting job (so far, it looks good for him).

"He said it's a rivalry now," said Latimer, a second-rounder from Indiana, of Roby, a first-rounder from Big Ten foe Ohio State. "I'm going to make him better, he's going to make me better — we're going to push each other and challenge each other."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_26217738/rookie-wide-receiver-cody-latimer-opening-eyes-already

atwater27
07-25-2014, 09:32 PM
We are not going to miss a beat without Decker. Too bad he's gone, but Elway was ready for it.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2014, 10:26 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – The Broncos were energized for their second day of camp. It was a beautiful day in Dove Valley and the defense certainly made its presence known.

ROLL CALL

Chris Harris Jr. (knee) remains on the Physically Unable to Perform list.

Kevin Vickerson (hip) and Von Miller (knee) were limited.

Demaryius Thomas remains excused from practice to attend to funeral arrangements of his grandmother.

PLAYMAKERS

· During the team’s first 11-on-11 team drill, the defense thrived. After Aqib Talib nearly had two interceptions -- both key in preventing big plays for the offense -- David Bruton finally picked off Brock Osweiler and ran it in for a touchdown. He was greeted by his teammates on the sideline after the impressive play.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Training-Camp-2014-Day-2-Quick-Hits/1423f9ae-fb73-4586-8096-b477591a40d8

Valar Morghulis
07-26-2014, 02:16 AM
What is the general buzz around Dysert this year?

Any news on how Brock is progressing in his third pre-season?

Also has there been any news on who is looking good for the 3rd spot on the RB chart? (i am presuming MoneyBall and CJ will be 1 and 2)

TXBRONC
07-26-2014, 07:31 AM

There is a pre-approved list to choose from.

TXBRONC
07-26-2014, 07:33 AM
CJ has talent and instincts. He was pushing for the starting job last year before he got hurt. My money is on Kapri Bibbs to open eyes in the preseason this year. It's Montee's job to lose, and I think the only thing that can derail him is injuries. It's going to be fun watching these backs compete for that #2 spot behind Ball.

I don't know if he was pushing for a starting job but he seemed to be getting noticed by the coaching staff.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2014, 03:36 PM
Broncos' running game creates physical first padded practice

It was a little after 9:30 p.m., a few minutes before local hoops legend Chauncey Billups arrived, and before the sun began mercilessly bearing down on the manicured grass at Dove Valley. The Broncos' first-team offense lined up opposite the starting defense for the first time in pads. Players lined the sidelines, eager for prime viewing spots. And the initial play after the historic single-season passing assault was, of course, a handoff to running back Montee Ball.

"I want the guys to be physical early on, and see who imposes their will," coach John Fox said.

Typical, even for the Broncos, the offense was behind the defense, especially against an overhauled unit that has "left smaller running lanes," Ball said.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26222113/broncos-running-game-creates-physical-first-padded-practice

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Highlight: The defense. It dominated the offense Saturday in the Broncos' first contact practice since Super Bowl week. The Broncos' recording-setting offense of 2013 is well aware it will be going up against a much better defense day-in and day-out in 2014.

"It's a challenge," said Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase. "We knew going into the spring that it was going to be tough. Now that we've got the pads on, and the addition of DeMarcus Ware and T.J. (Ward), it's made a big difference there."

In fairness to the offense, Day 1 was primarily a running game practice. Perhaps, Peyton Manning saved his passing attack for the practice Sunday at Sports Authority Field at Mile High where fans are invited free of charge. The stadium practice begins at 11:30 a.m.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26222063/dove-valley-days-defense-ahead-offense

VonDoom
07-26-2014, 05:23 PM
I've seen a lot of people hyping up Marvin Austen so far. I would love to see that dude stay healthy and realize his potential with our team. The key word for us this year is depth.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 25m

Kevin Vickerson, on the team not resting on laurels: "A lot of pats on the back become kicks in the ass."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 46m

Practice ends with a third little donnybrook.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 53m

Isaiah Burse told me Saturday that the speed of the pros means he can't dance, but must focus on getting upfield quick. Showing out here.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 55m

Kenny Anunike keeps shining. Dominated his one-on-one work, then had a sack of Osweiler set up by Marvin Austin's pressure from the inside.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 55m

Ronnie Hillman has had his best day. Reading the holes perfectly. Lost his helmet on a hit from Duke Ihenacho but stayed up.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 1h

A couple of skirmishes today. Sione Fua at the center of one at a run near the goal line: Ben Garland also involved. Like the feistiness.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 2h

Sly Williams has the quickest twitch off the snap of any DT here. Sometimes it's too quick, but when he times it right, OG/C can't react.

Nice awareness in 7-on-7 by Nate Irving to tip a Manning pass. Looked to me like Webster got his hands underneath for the INT.

Important day for Quanterus Smith, with DeMarcus Ware watching & out of pads. Smith used an inside move in 1-on-1s to beat W. Justice.

Marvin Austin dominated in one-on-one work -- again. He explodes off the snap, quickly forcing the opposing guard back on his heels.

When Chris Clark gets set, you're not getting through him. Only way past him: anticipate the snap & get outside fast. Legs like tree trunks.

9NEWS Sports Denver @9NEWSSports · 2h

#Broncos open their stretching period with "Rocky Top" much to the delight of a dancing Peyton Manning. #9News

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 39m

Montee ball says legs feel a bit heavy but overall feels good. Welcomed being tackled to the ground.

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 41m

“@SterlingBJJ: @dmac1043 is it true roby was benched during 7v7”sort of. More like sit ere and watch a second son

Von would be worried if there weren't fights. Man, stay healthy and he's gonna be te best defensive player in nfl

Von is in SUCH a better place now than last year. Today was pm day to pick music. Von warns us to be ready for his day. Tempers gonna flare

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 44m

Von is noticeably slimmer but not skinny he looks WAY better. The brace isn't not a big deal. In fact wearing a helmet not big deal

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 45m

Von says he's ready to go but he's not been involved in full contact. Thinks he can do more following instruction

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 47m

Welker wouldn't put an age number on how he feels but admits he feels really good gotta admit looks better than last year

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 51m

Welker says he feels great. Good time for day off but no biggie. Thinks they are well beyond where they were last yr

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 57m

Defense wraps practice by running gassers

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 59m

Very intense end of practice kapri bibbs fights jamar Chaney and trevathan and te entire d. By far most physical day

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 1h

Burse proving to be best returner

DT was suppose to be out here but had airplane issues. Expected here later in the day. Services were yesterday.

Tony carter overcoming odds and playing well despite massive competition. The there rbs clearly ball Anderson hillman nobody else close

More plays and replaced Caldwell when he missed a catchable ball. Q smith in for ware. Welker looks like a 25 year old. Looks better!!!!!

Details to come but MUCH better day for the offense. Very effective in red zone. Ronnie hillman showing WAY more toughness. Dysert best day

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 2h

Okay first fight of the year. 64 v 50. Will Montgomery v lj fort. Draw! Broken up quick

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 3h

Two claps and "off to work". Best video of day will be manning dancing to rocky top

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2014, 01:48 PM
http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/2014/07/28/manning-rocky-top-dancing/13271693/

video

The video is better on the following link

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2144018-former-tennessee-qb-peyton-manning-dances-to-rocky-top-during-broncos-practice

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2014, 04:46 PM
BTV Live from Training Camp
Broncos TV recaps day five of training camp with player interviews and analysis.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Live-from-Training-Camp/4b403d02-e0c5-4ee1-abc6-ab2ea9c50b07

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2014, 08:26 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- It took five practices for tempers to bubble and boil over into actual scuffles.

"Camp's long. These are the dog days. You get out here, people are frustrated. It's hot. People are tired," said defensive lineman Derek Wolfe. "Some people are on the bubble, so they're really pushing it. Another guy might not be going as hard."

During Monday's practice, three donnybrooks flared among Broncos, beginning with a scrap between linebacker L.J. Fort and center Will Montgomery. A scrum that appeared to involve Derek Wolfe, Sione Fua, Ben Garland and others, and a final donnybrook during a short-yardage period closed out the practice, sending the Broncos into a welcomed day off to cool down.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Masons-Five-Thoughts-from-Camp-Day-5/3b9071a2-7428-4764-b6f2-26a0dc833548

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2014, 08:29 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The next layer of the offseason wrapping has been peeled off: Monday's short-yardage drill marked the first time the Broncos have gone "live" in training camp, meaning players played full speed and put the ball-carrier on the ground.

"That’s a pride thing," Derek Wolfe said. "It’s me versus you and there’s only a couple inches between us, so we’ve got to get it done.”

The defense did get it done more often than not in the nine plays, with Wolfe and the first team unit preventing conversions on two out of three chances.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Full-Tackle-Period-Amps-Up-Intensity/165598b2-3c24-404d-9e1f-9c6a742c4095

Denver Native (Carol)
08-01-2014, 08:58 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Denver Broncos training camp:

Backup quarterback Brock Osweiler will get a rather tidy training camp exam Saturday morning. The Broncos will hold their annual practice/summer scrimmage at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. And after some of their usual drills to open the workout they will send the No. 1 offense against the No. 2 defense for 12 plays of live tackling. And that means Osweiler and the No. 2 offense will try its hand against the No. 1 defense. "Brock is really going to have to be smart and moving the ball well against the 1s," Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase said. The combination to keep an eye on, at least if the last few days of practice are any indication, is Osweiler and undrafted rookie Bennie Fowler. The two have connected on several big plays, including touchdown throws Thursday and Friday. Fowler has worked with the second-team offense lately and if he's on the field Osweiler will look his way.

The running back rotation in the scrimmage will bear watching, especially how things go with the second and third units. Montee Ball figures to get most, or all, of the carries with the starters with Ronnie Hillman working as his backup right now. C.J. Anderson is expected to run with the second team while Juwan Thompson, Kapri Bibbs and Brennan Clay will likely mix and match with the third-team offense. Thompson, however, has taken second-team snaps in camp in short-yardage work.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/7712/broncos-camp-report-day-9

Dzone
08-02-2014, 11:51 AM
D line is so stacked. Maybe the best d line since tombstone jackson

GEM
08-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Nacho went down for a minute. Looks ok.

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2014, 12:56 PM
D line is so stacked. Maybe the best d line since tombstone jackson

You sure love the D!:elefant:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 35m

RT @SteveCoxDenver: Julius Thomas not dressed for scrimmage.

GEM
08-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Julius Thomas dressed in jersey, no pads, not
practicing.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 27s

RT @thegarymiller: First team offense dominating 2nd team D. Bring on the Seahawks!

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 30s

RT @thegarymiller: Jacob Tamme just keeps making that Manning guy look good. Just made sensational 1 hand TD catch.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Denver Broncos @Broncos · 8s

Manning paired earlier w/ @JacobTamme for an impressive one-handed TD score. Capped six-play, 65-yard drive.

WR Isaiah Burse, right, had a couple nice returns during today’s punting portion. #BroncosCamp

GEM
08-02-2014, 01:07 PM
#82 konz has an epic beard!

GEM
08-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Prater kicks so hard, he kicked #8's name off the roster sheet...take that competition.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 33m

Was just told the attendance was 38,620. So down a tad. If you missed it. Was perfect weather and an offensive show!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Denver Broncos @Broncos · 13m

Manning goes through the autograph line. WATCH: http://instagram.com/p/rNNvEWOrjR/

silkamilkamonico
08-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Hopefully someone there will post some updates.

I heard defense didn't look good at all.

DenBronx
08-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Anyone planning on going to the Broncos vs Niners game in SF? The Broncos are going to be the very first away team to break in that stadium. Tickets are going for around $100 ea.

I work right near it....beautiful stadium and I'm thinking about going but would love for us to make SF losers on their first ever game in their new stadium.

Who's going?

GEM
08-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Hopefully someone there will post some updates.

I heard defense didn't look good at all.

Offense was able to move at will at most times today. The defense held up a lot though too. I saw Talib, Ward and Miller pull up before putting a hit on offensive players.

GEM
08-02-2014, 03:23 PM
I watched players walk in, Oz signed every autograph put in front of him, at least 40 minutes.

silkamilkamonico
08-02-2014, 04:00 PM
How did Osweiler look?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-02-2014, 04:06 PM
About that revamped defense?

The Broncos held their annual scrimmage Saturday at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. It represented an opportunity for a fresh start, a chance to show off the extreme makeover project with the 38,620 fans doing everything but yelling, "Move that Bus!"

Then Peyton Manning took the first snap at the 35-yard-line on the sun-bleached turf, and it was as if 2013 never ended. The Broncos' record-breaking offense mowed through the defense in all combinations. Twos vs. Ones. Ones vs. Twos. Threes vs. Threes.

It mattered little as Manning, Brock Osweiler and Zac Dysert marched down the field, finishing unofficially 14-for-17, including seven consecutive completions by Dysert.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26264908/broncos-get-offensive-scrimmage-putting-aerial-show

GEM
08-02-2014, 05:37 PM
How did Osweiler look?

He looks a lot better. I actually was more impressed with him than I expected to be. Silk not sure if he has a long term future here, but I do see some improvement.

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2014, 05:51 PM
He looks a lot better. I actually was more impressed with him than I expected to be. Silk not sure if he has a long term future here, but I do see some improvement.

Who would you take - Oz or Dysert?

TXBRONC
08-02-2014, 07:44 PM

Osweiler hands down.

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Osweiler hands down.

Do you think dysert even makes the roster this year?

silkamilkamonico
08-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Osweiler hands down.

Yea I have heard there is a good possibility Dysert doesn't make the team.

TXBRONC
08-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Do you think dysert even makes the roster this year?

Yea I have heard there is a good possibility Dysert doesn't make the team.

As Silk said there are rumors that he may not make the roster.

Valar Morghulis
08-02-2014, 07:51 PM
As Silk said there are rumors that he may not make the roster.

I have not seen much of him - but I liked the idea of him. A mobile scrapper style qb like big Ben.

Do we have another qb looking to take his spot - or are we just rolling with PFM and Oz

TXBRONC
08-02-2014, 08:50 PM
I have not seen much of him - but I liked the idea of him. A mobile scrapper style qb like big Ben.

Do we have another qb looking to take his spot - or are we just rolling with PFM and Oz

In the three years that Fox and Elway have been at the helm Denver has never carried less than three quarterbacks on the team so the chances are very good that Denver carry three quarterbacks. Osweiler is every bit as mobile as Dysert. There is another quarterback on the roster I think his name is Renner. IIRC he's a UDFA. Rumors always fly around this time of year. It depends on what Elway and Fox think of Dysert.

GEM
08-02-2014, 09:25 PM

Ozzy!!

GEM
08-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Dysert id small, real small by nfl standards and accuracy is not great. His progressioms take awhile and he tries to get it into tight spots but doesnt have the accuracy to do so. I dont think he makes the team.

Simple Jaded
08-02-2014, 10:08 PM
I heard/read that Dysert is Kyle Orton v2.0, never saw a short pass he didn't like.

Denver might wanna look into getting something for Bubba Caldwell if Burse and Fowler continue to impress.

underrated29
08-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Dysert rarely throws farther than 10 yards. I wouldn't keep him on the roster. Oz is waaaaaaaaaaay better.

Valar Morghulis
08-03-2014, 01:52 AM
That's great news I know we are only comparing him to dysert - but there is a lot of positive feedback about brock.

I still think I will hold off buying my #17 jersey though!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-04-2014, 03:43 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- After a day off Sunday, the Denver Broncos returned to the field Monday for a practice in full pads.

Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders suffered a right thigh strain and was pulled out of the practice -- Broncos head coach John Fox called it a "slight'' strain -- while defensive tackle Sione Fua and cornerback Tony Carter were pulled out of practice with a hip and groin injury, respectively.

Sanders’ injury wasn’t initially considered serious. Running back Montee Ball is also scheduled to have an appendectomy Monday afternoon and expected to miss the remainder of the preseason.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/7760/sanders-suffers-slight-thigh-injury

DenBronx
08-05-2014, 09:55 PM
This year is unusually slow for training camp and offseason updates.

I am dying for some football already!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2014, 10:18 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- First-round picks are scrutinized -- even more so when they work at cornerback. In open space, every big play and flub is apparent. Against Peyton Manning, the situation is exacerbated. Bradley Roby, the Broncos' top pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, has learned this first-hand. He can display perfect technique and still give up a catch.

"It can be frustrating because you can be in great coverage and he’ll still stick it in there where only the receiver can get it," Roby said. "But it only helps because in the season, those guys aren’t going to put it on there like he does. He’s a Hall of Famer, one of the greats of all time.

"So going against him, making plays against him is giving me more confidence to go against other guys."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Masons-Five-Thoughts-from-Camp-Day-13/8800005b-df8d-4b21-963e-3be0a3ecc9d5

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2014, 10:20 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. --The Broncos didn't break out full pads for Tuesday's practice, but with full shoulder pads, it was still plenty physical. Here are the highlights from Day 13.

ROLL CALL

Montee Ball (appendectomy), Chase Vaughn (knee), Greg Latta (hip) and Emmanuel Sanders (quad) didn't participate. Charles Mitchell (hamstring) left practice early.

PLAYMAKERS

Orlando Franklin, Manny Ramirez and Louis Vasquez provided great push to give ball carriers space for positive yardage when the team practiced being backed up against its own goal line. Very little penetration was allowed and there was never the threat of a safety.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Training-Camp-2014-Day-13-Quick-Hits/81c3a268-f1b1-4630-baf6-b4c64f2f697d

DenBronx
08-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Carol to the rescue!

atwater27
08-05-2014, 11:25 PM
So nice to see the phrase Derek Wolfe shows his prowess..... Seems like he is on a mission since his freak situation last season.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Following the Broncos' off-day from practice Sunday, training camp resumed Monday morning at Dove Valley under clear skies and temperatures in the upper 60s.

The only no-show at practice was tight end Jacob Tamme, who was excused for personal reasons. Tamme's wife recently delivered their second child.

Observing practice but not participating because of injuries were: wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (quad), running back C.J. Anderson (concussion) and running back Montee Ball (appendectomy).

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26315901/jacob-tamme-out-broncos-practice-personal-reasons-malik-jackson-back

Denver Native (Carol)
08-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 9m

Former Broncos K Jason Elam attending practice with his kids. He's on way to Oxford for year long theology program.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 37m

Brian Dawkins out with Broncos safeties

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 31m

Lot of defensive brain power and ability watching #broncos DBs... Rod Woodson and Brian Dawkins chatting ...

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 55m

#broncos stretching to manning rap soundtrack played on jumbo speaker ...

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 1h

Military helicopter sporting broncos flag on side just flew over practice ...

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 58m

Sure enough the first song in stretch is the new manning song. Lots of laughs

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 5h

http://kdvr.com/2014/08/11/watch-peyton-and-eli-manning-make-sequel-to-epic-rap-video/ … new peyton and eli rap

Denver Native (Carol)
08-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 10m

Malik Jackson was dominant v. Orlando Franklin in 1-on-1s today. Jackson was @PFF's highest-rated Bronco Thursday, practicing like it today.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 11m

There was a little bit of a scrum during the 9-on-7 period. Winston Justice was at the center of it. Sione Fua among the others involved.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 12m

Brennan Clay had 1 of his nicer runs in 9-on-7, gaining 5 yds. through barely a sliver of a hole. Studesville heaped praise on him for that.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 13m

Clearly, Anunike is a marked man for the OL. In team period, was frequently drawing two blockers -- OT and a TE. Good test for the rookie.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 14m

Kenny Anunike did a little dance after beating Chris Clark in 1-on-1. Clark held him up on the re-play, and OLs danced in return.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-11-2014, 01:32 PM
Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 7m

The hit rahim Moore just put on brennan clay. Epic

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 2m

Like the explosion of Juwan Thompson today. Took an inside handoff from Manning, got momentum, burst past Malik Jackson for a 7-yd. TD.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 4m

Been a good day for the pass rush, particularly off the edge. Anunike, Barrett, Miller, Ware all with pressures and/or "sacks."

Denver Native (Carol)
08-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 20m

All TC. Working w/ Broncos via minority coaching fellowship. RT @2beersin: is Rod there just today or has he been helping out this TC?

One of the last players off the field today was @Brad_Roby1, getting one-on-one instruction from Hall of Famer Rod Woodson.

GEM
08-11-2014, 06:29 PM
I like that Dawkins now calls Denver permanent home and comes to our training camps to help the young guys...take that Philly! CO just kicks ass! :D

Denver Native (Carol)
08-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1m

Emmanuel Sanders back practicing

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 7m

Jacob Tamme is back.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2h

Dove Valley Days: Trash talk increases in chippy Broncos training camp: http://dpo.st/1kXhQ4E via @denverpost

underrated29
08-12-2014, 12:00 PM
Dany T was carted off the field.

OB
08-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Broncos training camp: 'Serious' fights break out

Players were "arm bar choking" each other and taking "huge cheap shots"; ultimately John Fox had to call everyone together for a team huddle.

Ihenacho and Clay go at it. Ihenacho attempts to arm bar choke him. Spills into the sideline before separated.

GEM
08-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Didn't Clay get into it with Quinton Carter yesterday as well. I thought I heard something about throwing balls at each others heads. Could have been joking, not sure.

silkamilkamonico
08-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Sounds like players don't like Clay for whatever reason, he has become the new whipping boy for the defense.

Apparently yesterday Carter picked up a ball and threw a 20 yard bullet that hit Clay in the helmet.

Clay has gotten the better of the defense some of the time too.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 14m

Best run play of the day IMO -- a handoff to Juwan Thompson, on which Franklin & Ramirez sealed perfectly to create a crevice.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 17m

Not a great 1-on-1 period for Kenny Anunike earlier. He broke too wide off the snap, allowing Paul Cornick to steer him behind the QB.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 17m

Manny Ramirez has enjoyed a good day, particularly in 1-on-1 work. Very quick to get set, & get his hands up & in the right spot.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 22m

.@CjAndersonRB9 seeing time in team and 9-on-7 periods. Full contact, full go for him.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 23m

It's hard to properly describe how dynamic Miller and Ware could be together without adding an expletive as an adjective.

.@CjAndersonRB9 running hard in individual drills.

We start today with "Kung Fu Fighting."

Denver Broncos @Broncos · 3h

Our best to former #Broncos S @KMcCarthy28 in his battle with cancer. Your friends at the Broncos wish you a full & speedy recovery!!

First stretch song kung fu fighting. A goof on all the fights from Tuesday.

atwater27
08-14-2014, 09:09 PM
It's hard to properly describe how dynamic Miller and Ware could be together without adding an expletive as an adjective.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 1h.

**** yeah!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2014, 01:35 PM
Former Rockies first baseman Todd Helton, current Rockies pitcher LaTroy Hawkins and members of the visiting Cincinnati Reds watched the Broncos' final training-camp practice Friday at their Dove Valley headquarters.

Helton, whose No. 17 jersey will be retired by the Rockies on Sunday in the series finale against the Reds, played quarterback at the University of Tennessee with Peyton Manning. Manning will lead Denver into San Francisco on Sunday in its second preseason game.

Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders might not play against the 49ers. He was out of pads again Friday as he tries to overcome an injury to his quadriceps.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26343433/todd-helton-watches-denver-broncos-training-camp

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2014, 05:36 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The team calendar says that training camp ended Friday, but the arrival of the Houston Texans for joint practices next week bellows something different, even though the daily schedule changes to one that resembles the regular season.

And as the Broncos approach the on-ramp to the regular season, they continue to work their injured players back to full speed, starting with Von Miller, whose recovery from a torn anterior cruciate ligament continues apace.

1. No firm determination has been made as to Miller's status for Sunday's game at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., but his practice performance offers assurance that he'll be ready to contribute when the games matter.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Masons-Five-Thoughts-Von-Miller-Has-His-Speed-Quickness-Back/fe5f49ab-5b1c-48bb-a287-136e3a93b243

Denver Native (Carol)
08-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Montee Ball @ballrb28 · 5h

Just heard that my mom is sitting In the middle of the floor in her new home Crying tears of joy. Hasn't owned a home in awhile. I love you

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Only the ripped shirt, torn jeans and green skin were missing from Tuesday's press conference. Don't make Peyton Manning angry. You don't want to see him when he's angry.

The Broncos quarterback couldn't hide his fury with Tuesday's joint practice with the Houston Texans at Dove Valley, offering a scathing assessment.

"I thought our offense stunk today. I thought their defense kicked our butt," Manning said. "We will learn from the film, and hopefully we come out tomorrow and do a better job from a players standpoint and execute."

rest, plus DT video - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26365488/peyton-manning-our-offense-stunk-practice-texans

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 52m

Ware, on whether full pads tomorrow will intensify this week's work: "It can add even more steam. It depends how guys act with pads on."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 58m

DeMarcus Ware: "It's almost like three days of playing a game."

DeMarcus Ware: "You're going to be a little bit more aggressive because it's not one of your teammates (that you're facing)."

Von Miller, wearing a cowboy hat, opens his press briefing by saying, "Howdy."

Chris Hall @BroncosTV · 1h

More Ball, he said he'll get increased reps the next couple of days, hasn't talked with coaches yet about playing Saturday.

Chris Hall @BroncosTV · 2h

Talked to Montee Ball, he wasn't surprised at all about being able to practice, healing process went well, now about taking contact.

Fox on practice: "I thought it went well."

Spirited red zone 2-minute work to close practice. Broncos scored on 18-yd. Manning-to-DT pass. Houston's drive was stopped after DEN flag.

Film Review: Latimer's big game, Osweiler's confidence, Sione Fua's pressure, and much more: http://dbron.co/4l3

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2014, 04:45 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2h

Montee Ball medically cleared for practice http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/08/19/montee-ball-cleared-practice/28895/ …

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2h

Broncos had 4-n-out during 2-minute drill vs Texans. Denver just beat SF, 34-0. Everybody says their great. Focus not there. Manning irked.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2h

I don't think Texans D really kicked the Broncos' O butts so much as Manning sensed lack of focus. It was non-contact practice. .

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2h

The coach in Peyton Manning came out. Of practice vs. Texans: "I thought our offense stunk today. I thought their defense kicked our butt."

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 3h

Danny Trevathan hobbling out to practice on crutches

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 4h

Montee Ball not participating in team drill vs Texans

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 4h

LB Lamin Barrow back at practice. 8'players out - E. Sanders, V. Green, J. Chaney, D. Trevathan, G. Robinson, others

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 5h

Montee Ball is practicing - non contact day

Denver Native (Carol)
08-19-2014, 05:36 PM
It was late in the practice Tuesday against the Houston Texans when Danny Trevathan came to the Broncos' rescue.

OK, so the crutches Trevathan hobbled out on limited his heroic abilities. Which was fine because Trevathan didn't see things the way Peyton Manning saw practice Tuesday.

The way Trevathan saw it, his Broncos teammates didn't need any help.

"All I saw was us flying around," said the Broncos' injured weakside linebacker. "(The Texans) were getting kind of tired because of the altitude. Them boys ready. Wait till I get back, you're really going to see it."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26366353/danny-trevathan-crutches-please-broncos-d-vs-texans

TXBRONC
08-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Apparently Manning was not pleased the offense today. In fact he said they stunk on offense.

Joel
08-20-2014, 02:07 AM

DeMarcus Ware: "You're going to be a little bit more aggressive because it's not one of your teammates (that you're facing)."
This is why I put little stock in practice performance

Von Miller, wearing a cowboy hat, opens his press briefing by saying, "Howdy."
Howdy, Ag; try to skip the "dumb" part this year. ;)

MOtorboat
08-20-2014, 02:57 AM
This is why I put little stock in practice performance

Howdy, Ag; try to skip the "dumb" part this year. ;)

This makes a ton of sense.

Joel
08-20-2014, 03:22 AM
It makes plenty of sense to Aggies and those familiar with them.

CoachChaz
08-20-2014, 07:15 AM

When an Aggie runs into another Aggie, they say Howdy and then the person is suppose to reply by saying Howdy louder than the other person said it. Old tradition that started as a means to never make a stranger feel uncomfortable around Aggies. Not one of the more impressive traditions from Aggieland, but I've been saying Howdy for 20 years now, so I guess it catches on.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Denver Broncos @Broncos · 8m

The #Broncos this morning designated DE Greg Latta as waived/injured.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-20-2014, 12:31 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 12m

Jordan Norwood carted off. Not a bad limp, but a limp. Got hit by.Texan corner on sideline pass attempt

Wes Welker excused absence.

Traveler
08-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 12m

Jordan Norwood carted off. Not a bad limp, but a limp. Got hit by.Texan corner on sideline pass attempt

Wes Welker excused absence.

Hopefully Norwood isn't injured too badly. Want him as our KR & PR.

Joel
08-20-2014, 02:35 PM
Denver Broncos @Broncos · 8m

The #Broncos this morning designated DE Greg Latta as waived/injured.
"Waived/injured"? There's kind of a big difference, ya'll. Not that I expected him to make the team, nor think we'll miss him; and then there were 88, with just 6 days till 13 others go.

Speaking of which, hope Norwood's nothing serious; it looked like he had a shot to make it as returner and depth WR, but that's far from set in stone, so he needs to finish preseason strong.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 35m

Jordan Norwood back at headquarters - crutches and heavy brace on left knee. Bummer for him - he appeared to have made team

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

Jacob Tamme-J. Clowney collided helmets during 9 on 7 drill. Clowney shaken up - sat out rest of practice

Denver Native (Carol)
08-20-2014, 03:27 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo -- Jordan Norwood, who was making a significant push to make the Denver Broncos' roster at wide receiver as well as a punt returner, suffered a knee injury in Wednesday's practice and was taken to the locker room on a cart.

Norwood was slated for an MRI exam later Wednesday, but the team had concerns the fifth-year receiver may have suffered a torn ACL. In the Broncos' two preseason games, Norwood has four catches combined for 54 yards and a touchdown.

He had received a smattering of snaps with the starters on offense in practice of late and had been one of the team's primary punt returners. Norwood, who has made four starts over his previous four NFL seasons, had positioned himself to be in the mix when the Broncos make their roster cuts to get to 53 players following their final preseason game.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/8115/broncos-fear-norwood-may-have-acl-injury

OB
08-20-2014, 03:32 PM

Jordan Norwood back at headquarters - crutches and heavy brace on left knee. Bummer for him - he appeared to have made team

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

Jacob Tamme-J. Clowney collided helmets during 9 on 7 drill. Clowney shaken up - sat out rest of practice

I was just gonna say it looks like Tamme took out Clowney per ESPN reports :lol:

GEM
08-20-2014, 03:41 PM

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

That's a plus for us. I thought after yesterday's Manning comments it might get chippy out there today. Don't need him going after Manning's knee in a late preseason practice.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones · 3h

Bill O'Brien, in classic Belichickian fashion, says he doesn't know what's wrong with Clowney or how it happened. #texans

Denver Native (Carol)
08-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Wednesday, the Broncos directed their anger outward. Twenty hours after Peyton Manning called out his offense, the Broncos and Texans bubbled to a low boil during a spirited joint practice at Dove Valley.

Manning's "we stunk" comments brought a predictable response as the Broncos scored on their first two passing plays of the padded practice. The reigning NFL MVP connected on mid-range strikes to Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas.

Chatter became louder. At one point, Julius Thomas caught a touchdown pass during drills and blurted, "This is too easy." The embers soon grew into a flame. The trenches can become fire pits and Wednesday didn't disappoint. Texans defensive end J.J. Watt squared off with Broncos right tackle Chris Clark. Clark pulled off Watt's helmet, drawing a flag and Watt's advice.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26373475/texans-broncos-session-gets-chippy-j-j-watt

Denver Native (Carol)
08-20-2014, 09:24 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- To the surprise of few, the mood turned testy at the end of practice. A football was flung amid a forest of navy blue helmets, words were exchanged, and players wandered from the sidelines to see what the ruckus was about.

No punches were thrown. It was a tempest that sputtered and caused no damage. But it was testament to the heated emotions that accompanied the second day of joint practices between the Broncos and Houston Texans.

"Tensions are kind of getting a little rowdy," said cornerback Bradley Roby. That’s expected, though, when you’ve got that much testosterone going out there everyday."

Added cornerback Aqib Talib: "There's about 200 guys out here. It's hard to avoid it."

rest - plus video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Five-Thoughts-Chippiness-Montee-Balls-progress-highlight-eventful-day/80d240be-ef57-4816-ac77-f53c463272b3

Simple Jaded
08-20-2014, 10:53 PM
Need a PR, Hillman and a conditional pick for CJ Spiller. Do it! Do it!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2014, 11:58 AM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2m

Wes Welker out second consecutive practice

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 13m

Emmanuel Sanders back at practice.- full speed

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2014, 11:58 AM

.@ChrisHarrisJr believes he's "real close" to being cleared for games, expects to play Week 1: http://dbron.co/4lp

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Denver Broncos @Broncos · 3h

Expectations for offensive starters Saturday night? OC Gase says it’s up to HC Fox. WATCH: http://dbron.co/4lj

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 11m

Steven johnson Almost w a pick. Man at least almost 4 picks for broncos d

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 15m

Hillman yelling at Houston db Eddie pleasant. Or Eddie not so pleasant. Coaches screaming at players. This thing basically out of control

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 16m

Now another skirmish between the broncos first team offense and texans first team d with DT in mix

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 17m

Fitzpatrick burns talib via deep pass to foster. TD

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 17m

Montee ball now getting in the mix

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 18m

#96 Jamison of texans stirring stuf up

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 19m

Jj watt and Orlando franklin throwin punches and pushing. Getting restless. Devier posey just made a sick endzone catch v bolden

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 39m

And we have a full-scale fracas. Punches thrown. Guys on ground, including Sanders. Winston Justice assuming a fighting posture.

Joel
08-21-2014, 02:43 PM

.@ChrisHarrisJr believes he's "real close" to being cleared for games, expects to play Week 1: http://dbron.co/4lp
I hope he listens to the trainers and coaches (or they hide his helmet well) because I'm not so scared of Indy nor even Seattle I'm willing to risk losing him the rest of the season (or his career.)

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 11m

Steven johnson Almost w a pick. Man at least almost 4 picks for broncos d
Any chance he takes Irvings job at Mike? Between Ints that either prevented or set up TDs in each of the last games and stuffing Jamaal Charles on 3rd and G against KC last year, I'd feel a lot better starting a legit coverage and run-stuffing Mike than Irvings perennial gonna-be-but-never-is "greatness." Definitely hoping Johnson makes the team again.

Jj watt and Orlando franklin throwin punches and pushing. Getting restless. Devier posey just made a sick endzone catch v bolden
Yeah, Posey vs. Bolden's a total mismatch; it's almost cruel. Stick to returning kicks and covering scrubs, Omar.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-21-2014, 08:09 PM
By definition, the Broncos and Texans practiced on rectangular fields. An octagon would have made more sense. The two AFC teams completed their joint scrimmages with a pair of fights, including a few punches worthy of UFC event.

The combatants were sent to their corners — Orlando Franklin, Julius Thomas and Houston's J.J. Watt were among those involved — awaiting Saturday's bell at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. It provided a fitting finish to a week which, skirmishes aside, benefitted both clubs. Denver coach John Fox admitted that the game-like conditions could affect how much the Broncos starters play in the actual game.

"We will meet on that (Friday) night as a staff. We've already talked about coming into this week that we would be getting more intense reps," Fox said. "I think it was good work. It's it's always good to see a different scheme and a different system."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26379849/emmanuel-sanders-returns-practice-broncos-texans-finish-feisty

Ziggy
08-21-2014, 08:14 PM
I hope he listens to the trainers and coaches (or they hide his helmet well) because I'm not so scared of Indy nor even Seattle I'm willing to risk losing him the rest of the season (or his career.)

Any chance he takes Irvings job at Mike? Between Ints that either prevented or set up TDs in each of the last games and stuffing Jamaal Charles on 3rd and G against KC last year, I'd feel a lot better starting a legit coverage and run-stuffing Mike than Irvings perennial gonna-be-but-never-is "greatness." Definitely hoping Johnson makes the team again.

Yeah, Posey vs. Bolden's a total mismatch; it's almost cruel. Stick to returning kicks and covering scrubs, Omar.

Irving is fine in coverage. He's also better against the run than Johnson. There's a reason that Elway didn't go out and sign a veteran starting MLB in the offseason.

spikerman
08-21-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm liking what I'm hearing about Marshall.

Joel
08-21-2014, 09:05 PM
Irving is fine in coverage. He's also better against the run than Johnson. There's a reason that Elway didn't go out and sign a veteran starting MLB in the offseason.
I just keep hearing and seeing Johnson doing impressive TANGIBLE things, while only hearing about Irving "developing" into what we drafted him in the 3rd round to be HOW many years ago? It's starting to remind me of the "developing world:" How long do we call it "developing" without it ever being developED before we admit it's just wishful thinking?

Ziggy
08-21-2014, 09:52 PM
Irving played out of position last season filling in for Von at Sam and did a fine job. Now he's back at his natural position at MLB. Watch the games. You might like what you see.

silkamilkamonico
08-21-2014, 11:26 PM
Irving isn't "developing" anything. He's already a good young MLB in the NFL that makes very dynamic plays once in a while. He has things he needs to work on like Steven Johnson, and 99% of the other NFL football players, but he is a good young MLB already.

Joel
08-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Irving isn't "developing" anything. He's already a good young MLB in the NFL that makes very dynamic plays once in a while. He has things he needs to work on like Steven Johnson, and 99% of the other NFL football players, but he is a good young MLB already.
I can't recall any of these "dynamic" plays; which do you have in mind? He was serviceable filling in for Miller last year, but it was a big step down and I can only recall a couple times in the first six and final six games that he did anything truly noteworthy. He's apparently the best we've got at MLB, so I hope for the best, but after 3 years, I'm not expecting much.

Simple Jaded
08-23-2014, 01:17 AM
I don't remember anyone predicting greatness from Irving.

Joel
08-23-2014, 02:37 PM
I don't remember anyone predicting greatness from Irving.
I recall no Pro Bowl nor HoF predictions, but, even ignoring the rookie year lost to injury, this is the 3rd straight season many—including our coaches—predicted Irving would start, yet they still await vindication. Two years ago, Joe Mays was penciled in as Irvings backup but beat him out for the starting job, and when he proved his inadequacy in games, we decided what was left of Keith Brooking was STILL better than Irving. I hope he's finally ready, but have seen no evidence of it.

I do hope though, because Woodyard's no longer here to be defensive QB, and I can also only hope Trevathan backup's as good as he was. If Miller's to be freelance rover, our OTHER starting LBs must be solid in coverage. I know, I know; "we play nickel so much we don't need a starting Mike." Except MOST teams bench Sam in nickel, because their Mike and Will cover well enough it makes sense to swap the run stuffer for a blitzer on passing downs. We bench our Mike even when Miller moves to DE, because we HAVE no Mike to bench.

I really want to believe that's changed, because it's incredibly depressing to think a 37 year old Brooking's STILL the best Mike we've had since Wilson. It's a passing league, but that only underscores the need for a quintessential LB at Mike, someone who plays the run AND pass well enough to stay on the field whether we're in dime or our base.

Simple Jaded
08-23-2014, 07:57 PM
I don't remember anyone predicting greatness for Irving by any definition. I think it might be time to accept the fact that Denver doesn't care about the MLB position as much as some fans.

Anyway, the Broncos won with MLB's like Glenn Cadrez and Allen Aldridge, there is no reason to dismiss Irvin's chances of playing at that level.

Joel
08-23-2014, 08:40 PM
It'd sure be nice to have more than glorified safeties on the field in nickel though; there's no law that says teams CAN'T run at a nickel on 3rd and 7.

Dzone
08-23-2014, 10:21 PM
Burse looking pretty good. Seems to be sure handed

Dzone
08-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Damn interception . Now we have to wait to see juwan thompson

Traveler
08-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Burse looking pretty good. Seems to be sure handed

Dances too much for me. Who's up next?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 32m

CB Kayvon Webster is back practicing at full go

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 12m

“@MileHighPharmer: “@dmac1043: We are hanging waiting for prater. He has to lift or something” #12ozCurls”there ya go

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 13m

“@303FAN: @dmac1043 is there a chance jay feely is here by the end of the week now that he's been released?”maybe

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 14m

“@lrffootball: @dmac1043 any chance he was boozed up when he could barely hit an extra point saturday?”nope but obviously distracted

On prater "there's always disappointment but we are gonna support him through this"

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 19m

Retirement has not been brought up at all

Darren McKee @dmac1043 · 20m

Fox spoke to Welker this morning and said he felt good. Good spirits

Denver Native (Carol)
08-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 30m

Asked about Welker's spirits, Fox said; “Very good, talked to him this morning, he’s feeling good … He’ll be out there when he’s healthy.’’

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 31m

#Broncos coach John Fox on whether Welker has said anything about retirement: “That’s not been brought up at all… I didn’t sense that.’’

Joel
08-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Dances too much for me. Who's up next?
Pretty much NO ONE. The punt returner depth chart is still (in order) Welker, Norwood, Burse. Since Welker just got his 3rd concussion in under a year and Norwood tore his ACL against SF, Burse has gone from "almost certainly cut" to "very possibly the starting punt returner." Not that I'd be stunned to see Caldwell or Bolden (currently listed as our 2 kick returners) instead.