PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos finally re-watched Super Bowl XLVIII

Denver Native (Carol)
07-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase gave his team an interesting going away present on their final day of offseason practices back in June. He made his players relive the worst moments of their professional careers.

Gase sat the entire offense down to watch the 43-8 Super Bowl loss against the Seattle Seahawks. That was the game where the Seahawks made a historically great offense look like one of the worst units in the league.

"First time we watched it as a team. It was tough, but it was good for us as an offense," Orlando Franklin told Mike Klis of the Denver Post about the experience.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000366189/article/denver-broncos-finally-rewatched-super-bowl-xlviii

atwater27
07-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Now the healing can begin

Pudge
07-20-2014, 04:35 PM
rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000366189/article/denver-broncos-finally-rewatched-super-bowl-xlviii

I haven't even been able to bring myself to rewatch it. In fact I never even finished it. I want to cry all of a sudden

spikerman
07-20-2014, 05:10 PM
I haven't even been able to bring myself to rewatch it. In fact I never even finished it. I want to cry all of a sudden
I deleted it from my dvr before the game was over.

tomjonesrocks
07-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Poor ******** - better them than me. I know I will never will watch it again...and frankly am not sure what can be gained from it.

BroncoBasil
07-20-2014, 05:18 PM
I bet they learned what we all seen. They learned 3 yard play action pick plays don't beat good defenses. Manning's arm needs to atleast be strong enough to throw deep once or twice a game. Completion or not they can't allow defenses to pack it in like Seattle did and knock the receivers into next week

atwater27
07-20-2014, 05:22 PM
One thing that is for sure. One of the poorest performers in that game is not on the team anymore.

BroncoBasil
07-20-2014, 05:24 PM
One thing that is for sure. One of the poorest performers in that game is not on the team anymore.
Both soft players (decker & moreno) are gone. Thank you John Elway!!!!

BroncoBasil
07-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Oh you were probably talking about champ.....yeah the Broncos finally realized the 05 season was a long time ago and they were tired of being robbed

atwater27
07-20-2014, 05:30 PM
no, talking about Decker. I was very disappointed in him that game. I thought he could be the guy that made the difference. I was very wrong.

BroncoBasil
07-20-2014, 06:11 PM
no, talking about Decker. I was very disappointed in him that game. I thought he could be the guy that made the difference. I was very wrong.
Diva WR's with reality TV shows tend to suck....TO and ochonobody sucked while doing reality shows too.

MOtorboat
07-20-2014, 06:18 PM
12th in yards, 8th in touchdowns in 2013
17th in yards, 2nd in touchdowns in 2012

Can you guys imagine if he didn't have a reality show?

BroncoBasil
07-20-2014, 07:55 PM
12th in yards, 8th in touchdowns in 2013
17th in yards, 2nd in touchdowns in 2012

Can you guys imagine if he didn't have a reality show?
Watch how he disappears this year without Manning

Timmy!
07-20-2014, 07:59 PM

I didn't even know the final score till Monday. I was pretty drunk by halftime, then after the kickoff return TD we proceeded to attempt to remove all memories of that day by killing as many brain cells as possible. It almost worked.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-20-2014, 08:02 PM

Your posts indicate that Decker did little or nothing with the Broncos.

Magnificent Seven
07-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Super Bowl was a hoax! Broncos have played without Von Miller, Ryan Clady, Derek Wolfe, Kevin Vickerson, Rahim Moore, Chris Harris, Joel Dreessen, and others. That was Seattle's major advantage. So, this season.... Broncos will get them back so good with full healthy team.

Simple Jaded
07-21-2014, 12:15 AM
It's almost as if Broncobasil didn't watch the Broncos at all.

capt. Jack
07-21-2014, 08:23 AM
I will not watch it! I filed it right next to the 49er Super bowl, back in the far recesses of my brain.

We got a real good team, and I look forward to the season!!!

I am not watching more than a couple of drives in the preseason opener, if any at all.

I am over it, can't you tell?

:)

BroncoBasil
07-21-2014, 09:51 AM
It's almost as if Broncobasil didn't watch the Broncos at all.
Decker is soft...that's why he had no chance in the SB. A 6'3" WR that is softer than trindon holiday

BroncoNut
07-21-2014, 10:21 AM
decker soft? I dont' see that.

Northman
07-21-2014, 12:55 PM

Happens to quite a few receivers when they have less than stellar QB's throwing the ball. Fitzgerald comes to mind.

Northman
07-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Decker is soft...that's why he had no chance in the SB. A 6'3" WR that is softer than trindon holiday

Guess you missed his game in Arrowhead. Not saying that Decker is a HOF but trying to single him out when the offense as a whole only put up 8 pts is pitiful, even for a Bronco fan.

BroncoJoe
07-21-2014, 02:18 PM
Not gonna watch it again.

UnderArmour
07-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Guess you missed his game in Arrowhead. Not saying that Decker is a HOF but trying to single him out when the offense as a whole only put up 8 pts is pitiful, even for a Bronco fan.

Decker was a solid receiver, but he just isn't a playmaker and he isn't a player that other teams really have to gameplan against. Decker has these flashes of brilliance then fades away for long stretches at a time. Against Seattle and against Baltimore the year before, we really needed more out of him. Decker just fails to get separation too often. For whatever reason, I'm actually way more excited about Saunders and Latimer than I ever was about Decker. Saunders played with Roethlisberger, so he's used trying to get open right up until the ball leaves the quarterback's hands.

Decker would get covered, but I didn't really see the bounce-back. And that's basically the root of the beef fans have with Decker. He was very good, but he's just not a #1 receiver or consistent enough threat.

Northman
07-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Decker was a solid receiver, but he just isn't a playmaker and he isn't a player that other teams really have to gameplan against. Decker has these flashes of brilliance then fades away for long stretches at a time. Against Seattle and against Baltimore the year before, we really needed more out of him. Decker just fails to get separation too often. For whatever reason, I'm actually way more excited about Saunders and Latimer than I ever was about Decker. Saunders played with Roethlisberger, so he's used trying to get open right up until the ball leaves the quarterback's hands.

Decker would get covered, but I didn't really see the bounce-back. And that's basically the root of the beef fans have with Decker. He was very good, but he's just not a #1 receiver or consistent enough threat.

Agree with most of your points except Big Ben is no slouch so i dont really expect Sanders numbers to drop but at the same time i wouldnt make Sanders out to be a HOF either. And its early on Latimer so we shall see how the season plays out. The funny thing is Decker was never drafted to be a playmaker, he was drafted for potential and he far and away produced very well for a 3rd round pick. Eddy Mac was not a playmaker either but a solid #2 threat which is what Deck fulfilled in his time here. Our playmaker is DT as most teams only have one playmaker as it is anyway. Im not sure what your really expecting but in my opinion we are not going to see anymore from Latimer or Sanders than we did from Deck. They just happened to be much cheaper and more in our budget at this time. If by chance Latimer produces at DT level we could very well see DT be cut loose or traded as the team will not be able to afford 2 #1 guys.

UnderArmour
07-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Agree with most of your points except Big Ben is no slouch so i dont really expect Sanders numbers to drop but at the same time i wouldnt make Sanders out to be a HOF either. And its early on Latimer so we shall see how the season plays out. The funny thing is Decker was never drafted to be a playmaker, he was drafted for potential and he far and away produced very well for a 3rd round pick. Eddy Mac was not a playmaker either but a solid #2 threat which is what Deck fulfilled in his time here. Our playmaker is DT as most teams only have one playmaker as it is anyway. Im not sure what your really expecting but in my opinion we are not going to see anymore from Latimer or Sanders than we did from Deck. They just happened to be much cheaper and more in our budget at this time. If by chance Latimer produces at DT level we could very well see DT be cut loose or traded as the team will not be able to afford 2 #1 guys.

Roethlisberger had almost no help from his offensive line, so he was scrambling like a maniac trying to make things happen. When his QB was in the weeds, Saunders was really good at doing everything he could to help his QB out. Think Stokely, think Welker. Saunders is that type of receiver. He won't get open every time, but those are the types of guys you want on the field when you need a play. Decker, not so much. Even at Stokely's old age, in the 2012 season he was money when we needed someone to step up and move the chains. Nobody is asking for players to produce at a DT's level, but Saunders and Latimer can't be any worse than Decker was in those crucial situations. Hell, Decker has had multiple trips when he has been wide open and we've needed the points.

Northman
07-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Nobody is asking for players to produce at a DT's level, but Saunders and Latimer can't be any worse than Decker was in those crucial situations.

Latimer is still an unknown, just dont know how he will fair but agree Sanders most likely wont be any worse than Deck.

Nomad
07-22-2014, 10:53 AM
BRONCOS played in a Super Bowl, recently? I remember they showed up, but was a shell of the team I saw during the regular season:lol:

Northman
07-22-2014, 11:40 AM
BRONCOS played in a Super Bowl, recently? I remember they showed up, but was a shell of the team I saw during the regular season:lol:

This guy feels your pain.

http://img.deseretnews.com/images/top/main/38080/38080.jpg

DenBronx
07-22-2014, 02:53 PM
Not

Gonna

Watch

ShaneFalco
07-22-2014, 03:42 PM
i rewatched the AFC championship game. But thats as far as i will go.

Simple Jaded
07-22-2014, 11:01 PM

If you say so, however, that's just part of it; in your post you talk about how Manning doesn't have the arm strenght to throw deep "once or twice a game", as you put it. That has led me to believe that you haven't watched much Broncos football.

I could be wrong I guess, unfortunately though, the alternative is you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Btw, predicting that Decker will not be the same when going from Peyton Manning to Vick and/or Smith? The Broncos offense to the Ground and Pound? Very astute!

Edmonton Bronco Fan (2)
07-23-2014, 12:16 PM
I will never watch it. I'm not a masochist. **** the Seahawks.