PDA

View Full Version : Wagner: Broncos were intimidated

Denver Native (Carol)
07-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Seahawks middle linebacker Bobby Wagner believes the Denver Broncos were intimidated by his team's defense from the start of their 43-8 Super Bowl XLVIII loss to Seattle.

Wagner was a guest Tuesday on ESPN's "First Take" in Los Angeles when co-host Stephen A. Smith asked him if he thought the Broncos' offense was intimidated by the Seahawks' defense.

"You're not wrong," Wagner said. "They looked scared out there. Nobody wanted to catch the ball. Nobody wanted to come up the middle."

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11218899/seattle-seahawks-lb-bobby-wagner-denver-broncos-offense-was-scared-super-bowl

Denver Native (Carol)
07-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Oh, boy. Terrance “Pot Roast” Knighton is not playing around. Sounds like he’s tired of all the talk out of the Pacific Northwest. Behold.

Terrance Knighton @MrKnighton2u
Follow

I welcome all the Seahawks players and fans to dwell on last year. We reloading and we ready for war. #snodaaaaaat
2:17 PM - 15 Jul 2014

http://predominantlyorange.com/2014/07/15/terrance-knighton-calls-seahawks-twitter/

Northman
07-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Lol.....

Ziggy
07-16-2014, 03:16 PM
The Seahawks can talk all they want. They're the world champs and they stomped a mudhole with the Broncos. Any talk from Broncos players at this point is just talk. The Seahawks backed it up when it counted. I can't wait to watch that regular season matchup between us though. Should be fun.

tomjonesrocks
07-16-2014, 03:21 PM
The Seahawks can talk all they want. They're the world champs and they stomped a mudhole with the Broncos. Any talk from Broncos players at this point is just talk. The Seahawks backed it up when it counted. I can't wait to watch that regular season matchup between us though. Should be fun.

Very few Champs have been this classless. They can do what they want, but they really gave shoved Denver's nose in it and gloated wherever possible.

sneakers
07-16-2014, 03:24 PM
scared of playing football :rolleyes:

Northman
07-16-2014, 03:24 PM
But thats how the hawks are, we knew that going into the game. Its why it kind of pisses me off that Terrance is trying to come out all hard now. We should of been equally as fired up in the SB. It doesnt matter how classless the Hawks are as that is their character and MO. They backed it all up and made us look like a pee wee football team out there. They have the right to rub our noses in it. Until we can prove otherwise on the field any talk from any Bronco player or fan rings hollow.

Shazam!
07-16-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't recall the Niners, Skins, Giants or Cowboys talkin shit like that.

Slick
07-16-2014, 03:48 PM
What does snodaaaaat mean?

Speak English Terrance. Good lord.

UnderArmour
07-16-2014, 03:51 PM
But thats how the hawks are, we knew that going into the game. Its why it kind of pisses me off that Terrance is trying to come out all hard now. We should of been equally as fired up in the SB. It doesnt matter how classless the Hawks are as that is their character and MO. They backed it all up and made us look like a pee wee football team out there. They have the right to rub our noses in it. Until we can prove otherwise on the field any talk from any Bronco player or fan rings hollow.
...It's a tweet. Also, Knighton did not have a bad game against the Seahawks. The D played its ass off the first half in spite of the offense's ineptitude. Knighton is not even disputing that the team got their ass kicked in the Super Bowl. He's purely talking about next year. Also, again, it's a tweet. Who the hell cares?

Northman
07-16-2014, 04:00 PM
...It's a tweet. Also, Knighton did not have a bad game against the Seahawks. The D played its ass off the first half in spite of the offense's ineptitude. Knighton is not even disputing that the team got their ass kicked in the Super Bowl. He's purely talking about next year. Also, again, it's a tweet. Who the hell cares?

Apparently Knighton does if he is tweeting and addressing Seahawk fans.

'We are ready for war"! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Again, he can talk all he wants but its silly. Just take care of business on the field and let that do the talking.

ShaneFalco
07-16-2014, 04:12 PM
Broncos tried to play finesse football against a smashmouth team and they got smashed.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Very few Champs have been this classless. They can do what they want, but they really gave shoved Denver's nose in it and gloated wherever possible.

Two NFL analysts on ESPN earlier today both stated Wagner should not have said what he did

atwater27
07-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Broncos shouldn't have a word to say about that game. Seattle can talk all they want. Doesn't help their douchey reputation, but they did beat our ass.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-16-2014, 04:25 PM
scared of playing football :rolleyes:

Both ESPN analysts this morning thought that was a stupid comment

BroncoJoe
07-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Eh. This is SOOOO last year.

Buff
07-16-2014, 05:52 PM
What does snodaaaaat mean?

Speak English Terrance. Good lord.

cmon bruh, dont be frontin

wcben
07-16-2014, 08:58 PM
I might be in the minority but if the Broncos had Von, Clady, real Champ, Chris Harris, Rahim the Dream, Wolfe, Dan Koppen, Woodyard... Al Wilson, lol :) and the many others that missed time the game might have gone differently.

New year and the super bowl is in a PFM friendly environment. Be scared Shehawks.

#snowdaaat

MOtorboat
07-16-2014, 09:02 PM
I might be in the minority but if the Broncos had Von, Clady, real Champ, Chris Harris, Rahim the Dream, Wolfe, Dan Koppen, Woodyard... Al Wilson, lol :) and the many others that missed time the game might have gone differently.

New year and the super bowl is in a PFM friendly environment. Be scared Shehawks.

#snowdaaat

I don't think Al was injured...;)

Simple Jaded
07-16-2014, 09:12 PM
If only they had Al Wilson in there missing arm tackles it woulda be different.

spikerman
07-16-2014, 09:34 PM
Kyle Orton would have put up more than 8 points. :D

MasterShake
07-16-2014, 09:47 PM
The game was over the minute that ball went over Mannings head. The line couldn't set their feet, he was rushed all night, and those shallow routes and crossing patterns that would net 8 yards after the catch were wrapped up immediately by a swarming defense. We weren't scared or intimidated, just beaten where it counts. They took away the game plan from us early and once the game got of of hand it just snowballed.

That being said I know we have something figured out to counter it. At least I HOPE we do! I love that we get to crack heads with the best defensive division in football this year with the NFC West. There should be no doubt of how we will do in the playoffs after the regular season. The way Seattle played last year I don't think anyone stood a chance. But now everyone knows what they do and I think they just made Denver hungry.

wcben
07-16-2014, 09:48 PM
@Jaded Al Wilson doesn't 'arm tackle' ask that Raiders RB Tyrone Wheatley. I'll never forget that 4th down play...

spikerman
07-16-2014, 09:48 PM
I fully expect Denver to have a worse record this year, but be an overall better team.

spikerman
07-16-2014, 09:49 PM
@Jaded Al Wilson doesn't 'arm tackle' ask that Raiders RB Tyrone Wheatley. I'll never forget that 4th down play...

I was at that game. Inside the stadium it looked like a snow globe.

wcben
07-16-2014, 09:53 PM
Ahh yes. Thank you spikerman!

IMO the super bowl was over after that drunkard Joe Namath ****** up the coin toss smh

Dzone
07-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Ahh yes. Thank you spikerman!

IMO the super bowl was over after that drunkard Joe Namath ****** up the coin toss smh
I used to like Namath before he became a clown

Northman
07-17-2014, 07:46 AM
Kyle Orton would have put up more than 8 points. :D

Tebow would of won it in the last 15 minutes.

MasterShake
07-17-2014, 07:49 AM
Tebow would of won it in the last 15 minutes.

On a flea flicker from Brady Quinn.

BroncoWave
07-17-2014, 08:20 AM
Both ESPN analysts this morning thought that was a stupid comment

Given that neither of those analysts were a part of that Broncos team or involved in the game whatsoever, I don't really see how they'd be qualified to say.

TXBRONC
07-17-2014, 12:46 PM
As someone else said the Seahawks beat the Broncos brains they can say what they want until Denver proves them wrong.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-17-2014, 02:55 PM
I was hoping the Broncos would just be tight-lipped and come out like a tornado against the Seahawks, but instead Knighton had to give them some fodder.

Shazam!
07-17-2014, 06:16 PM
I believe with Clady the Oline would have helped and provide a semblance of protection for Manning, at least making the game closer.

Hawgdriver
07-19-2014, 02:20 AM
Talk the talk, walk the walk. Seahawks did it, Broncos didn't. I hope that lights a fire. It did at least in one dude. #snowdaaaaaat

nevcraw
07-20-2014, 03:28 PM
havne't read all of this... but we did get our butt whooped and the team did not have a nasty streak.. save Kevin vickerson.. Our wR were soft against strong DB's and physical defenses. This teams does need to get nastier... and tougher.. last year team was a little soft.