PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' defense healthier, more talented entering training camp

Denver Native (Carol)
07-16-2014, 12:09 PM
There is only one opening day of free agency, and the Broncos marked the occasion by reaching agreements with three Pro Bowl players, all of whom play defense.

The second stage in NFL roster renovation is the draft, and the Broncos used their first pick on a defensive player.

In seven days, Broncos players will report to their construction-strewn Dove Valley headquarters for the start of training camp. Hard hats will mix with a new, blue-collar attitude.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26156190/broncos-defense-healthier-more-talented-entering-training-camp

NightTrainLayne
07-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Here's hoping we're still healthier and more talented at the end of the season.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-16-2014, 01:45 PM
They didn't even mention Vickerson returning, who was a huge part of our run D success last year.

Ravage!!!
07-16-2014, 02:29 PM
I"m pretty excited about our defense going into the season. I'm worried about our d-backs staying healthy, as they NEVER seem to stay healthy....but right now, I'm pretty pumped about it.

Simple Jaded
07-16-2014, 09:19 PM
DePeyton? :D

Shazam!
07-16-2014, 10:33 PM
I hear a lot about the DL and DBs, but am I the only one concerned about LB?

MOtorboat
07-16-2014, 10:35 PM

Only if Miller isn't healthy.

DenBronx
07-17-2014, 09:35 AM

No....I think MLB is going to be a disaster whether we're healthy or not.

Shazam!
07-17-2014, 09:39 AM
I think LB is going to be the weakest link on this Defense. Not 94 bad, but will be a glaring weakness that will be exposed. Unless the DLine really is that good that the constant pressure can mask it.

tomjonesrocks
07-17-2014, 02:13 PM
I think LB is going to be the weakest link on this Defense. Not 94 bad, but will be a glaring weakness that will be exposed. Unless the DLine really is that good that the constant pressure can mask it.

Because of the scheme I think they'll get by with Irving. It's not ideal, I wish Elway's attempts to upgrade there had worked.

But I'm more worried about FS.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-17-2014, 05:00 PM

Boy, I don't know. If Miller returns to form both he and Trevaithan would make a pretty talented pair.

Dzone
07-18-2014, 06:36 PM
DeMarcus Ware: I feel stronger and faster than I have the last two seasons
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/18/demarcus-ware-i-feel-stronger-and-faster-than-i-have-the-last-two-seasons/

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-18-2014, 06:44 PM
DeMarcus Ware: I feel stronger and faster than I have the last two seasons
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/18/demarcus-ware-i-feel-stronger-and-faster-than-i-have-the-last-two-seasons/

Oh shnizel. Look out AFC...Demarcus Ware is coming, and he's hungry.

UnderArmour
07-18-2014, 08:42 PM

Well, not so much LB as MLB. Von Miller and Danny Trevathan will perform at a high level. The question mark is whether or not Nate Irving is capable of holding down the middle. He got the shot last offseason, but obviously he has yet to show the coaching staff he is ready to fill the role as a full-time starter. It seems like every year we go out and sign a free agent to play MLB, whether it is Keith Brooking or Paris Lenon, Nate Irving just has not shown he is ready for prime time. My hope is that the light finally flickers on for Nate, but my expectation is that Barrow will push Nate for snaps all through training camp.

MOtorboat
07-19-2014, 02:11 AM
Well, not so much LB as MLB. Von Miller and Danny Trevathan will perform at a high level. The question mark is whether or not Nate Irving is capable of holding down the middle. He got the shot last offseason, but obviously he has yet to show the coaching staff he is ready to fill the role as a full-time starter. It seems like every year we go out and sign a free agent to play MLB, whether it is Keith Brooking or Paris Lenon, Nate Irving just has not shown he is ready for prime time. My hope is that the light finally flickers on for Nate, but my expectation is that Barrow will push Nate for snaps all through training camp.

Broncos only play about 10 percent of the time with three linebackers, so it's just not that big of a deal.

They do need a solid nickel linebacker next to Trevathan, because Miller goes down to line on the left in those situations when it's a 3-3 or even a 3-4 it's a five-man front.

TXBRONC
07-19-2014, 08:32 AM

If Miller isn't healthy then I will be concerned.