PDA

View Full Version : Stiff Arming Football Myths

EmDiggy
07-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Good afternoon Broncos fans! We released a book yesterday entitled 'Stiff-Arming Football Myths' where we debunk 50 football myths

We're offering it in Paperback & PDF versions!

As always, I really appreciate the support you guys show FBGP

http://www.footballgameplan.com/books

Here's a list of the myths we debunk

SM19
07-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Is the attached page really your full rebuttal of the idea that "player personality matters"? Because, while I don't necessarily disagree that "intangibles" are overvalued, citing a half-handful of outlying counterexamples is not "debunking." It's not even good analysis. It's not even okay analysis.

You've obviously identified, correctly, a lot of bad football myths. Of those you've identified, almost every one deserves much more than a single page of incredibly superficial examination.

EmDiggy
07-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Is the attached page really your full rebuttal of the idea that "player personality matters"? Because, while I don't necessarily disagree that "intangibles" are overvalued, citing a half-handful of outlying counterexamples is not "debunking." It's not even good analysis. It's not even okay analysis.

You've obviously identified, correctly, a lot of bad football myths. Of those you've identified, almost every one deserves much more than a single page of incredibly superficial examination.

Thanks!

CrazyHorse
07-03-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm interested in #6. Defense wins Championships.

Simple Jaded
07-05-2014, 12:50 AM
So let me guess, you've taken cliches and provided evidence to the contrary and put it in a book?

And I thought the Denver Post was pickin low hangin fruit with all their Tebow books.

BroncoWave
07-05-2014, 08:24 AM
I'm interested in #6. Defense wins Championships.

That one is pretty easy to debunk. If you look at offensive and defensive ranks of past super bowl winners, the trends tend to be that teams are ranked higher offensively than defensively.

Unless you just have a historically elite defense that comes along once every 15 years in this league (85 bears, 00 Ravens, 13 Seahawks), it tends to be better to have a star QB and a really good offense.