PDA

View Full Version : Mike Singletary: Von Miller is the best linebacker in the NFL

tomjonesrocks
06-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Light/brief story, and while I don't agree right now (as I don't really know what Von Miller actually *is* post knee-surgery and post-ill-advised weight gain) but here's an offseason article I ran across on MHR...

"(Miller) is a guy that I really feel is a leader. I feel he's a great player. I feel he has a great attitude. I think he is the total package."
http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/6/25/5842282/von-miller-mike-singletary-best-linebacker-nfl

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Singletary knows a little about the position.

DenBronx
06-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Leadership wise I won't hold my breath on but skill wise he's 100% correct.

And no I didn't stutter...or typer...

Simple Jaded
06-25-2014, 09:33 PM
You don't have to bring in "mentors" for leaders.

pnbronco
06-26-2014, 01:37 AM
Maybe not off the field, he's only 25, it just takes some guys longer that others to grow up that way. That's why I'm so glad that we have Ware. From everything I've read the man is a leader and can teach Von so much about being his best. I also have feeling that Ware will teach Von how to be a leader on the field and take care of his life off.

AW4M I completely agree with you. Singletary has forgotten more than most of us will ever know about that position.

Northman
06-26-2014, 05:30 AM
Miller has great potential but still has a lot of work to do. Fluff piece at best.

TXBRONC
06-26-2014, 10:21 AM
Miller has great potential but still has a lot of work to do. Fluff piece at best.

Maybe so but at least it's something to talk about.

pnbronco
06-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Maybe so but at least it's something to talk about.

Esp with no camp around the corner. It's going to be different this year.

Ravage!!!
06-26-2014, 10:57 AM
You don't have to bring in "mentors" for leaders.

There is a difference between bringing in great players that CAN be mentors (even great QBs have QB coaches)...and bringing in a player purely to be a mentor.

Simple Jaded
06-26-2014, 08:47 PM
There is a difference between bringing in great players that CAN be mentors (even great QBs have QB coaches)...and bringing in a player purely to be a mentor.

True, Anthony Robbins would probably make a great mentor but can he play MLB?

ShaneFalco
07-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Cant wait to see Von leap around like a frog this year.

Got half price tickets with my buddies to the KC game. Gunna be fun.

EastCoastBronco
07-09-2014, 05:41 PM
If Von stays healthy an out of trouble, he's going to be scary this year.
With Ware on the other end...just think about it...

Shredforever
07-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Talent wise he is one of the best but I don't know if he is the best in the NFL. To me, even though he had a down year last year, Ware is still the best linebacker in the NFL.

LawDog
07-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Talent wise he is one of the best but I don't know if he is the best in the NFL. To me, even though he had a down year last year, Ware is still the best linebacker in the NFL.

Defensive End Demarcus Ware is the best linebacker in football?

Also, welcome to the forum.

Ziggy
07-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Defensive End Demarcus Ware is the best linebacker in football?

Also, welcome to the forum.

He played linebacker in the 3-4 in Dallas for most of his career, and he was arguably the best at one time. JDR may very well use him in the same role on this defense on passing downs.

Simple Jaded
07-11-2014, 11:27 PM
If Von Miller is right he's a better LB than Ware, has been since Day1.

LawDog
07-12-2014, 09:35 AM
He played linebacker in the 3-4 in Dallas for most of his career, and he was arguably the best at one time. JDR may very well use him in the same role on this defense on passing downs.

Roster has him listed as DE, he played more as a "hybrid" DE/LB in Dallas until Kiffin changed things to where he was just a pure DE. I think of him more as DE who can drop into coverage than as a linebacker. Maybe the distinction has just become so blurred now...