PDA

View Full Version : We might have dodged a bullet on Moreno

BroncoWave
06-20-2014, 06:01 PM
I was one of the biggest proponents of bringing him back, but it's looking like we may have made the right call in not bringing him back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/20/moreno-may-need-knee-surgery/

https://twitter.com/JasonPhilCole/status/479986607479877632

And according to Jason Cole, who sent out the tweet, the damage was done pre-signing. Miami must not have done a very good physical on him. I bet that's why Denver was in no rush to try to bring him back.

OB
06-20-2014, 06:04 PM
That's so weird I just text that exact phrase (dodged a bullet) to my ex about this. Crazy.

OB
06-20-2014, 06:05 PM
I will always be a fan though. I hope things work out for him

BroncoWave
06-20-2014, 06:07 PM
I will always be a fan though. I hope things work out for him

Yeah same here. With the short shelf life of NFL RBs, though, and another knee issue popping up, it looks like Elway made the right call on this one.

Timmy!
06-20-2014, 06:30 PM
You mean people who get paid big money to make these decisions usually know better than us armchair GM's? Shocking.

BroncoWave
06-20-2014, 06:32 PM
You mean people who get paid big money to make these decisions usually know better than us armchair GM's? Shocking.

Well the Dolphins obviously didn't! :D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Yeah same here. With the short shelf life of NFL RBs, though, and another knee issue popping up, it looks like Elway made the right call on this one.

Eh, it's not like the Dolphins broke the bank to sign him.

tomjonesrocks
06-20-2014, 07:05 PM
Eh, that could be a routine clean out needed. They're not saying he's done for the season or anything.

I was kinda bummed that we didn't bring him back--but as slow as he is and as relatively old and small as he is I can understand looking for an upgrade.

Don't know what's on the roster is all that great, however. We will see what Anderson and the rookies have I guess - hopefully someone is special. I'm not president of the Montee Ball fan club though...

Denver Native (Carol)
06-20-2014, 07:12 PM
The other knee. Not the one in which he suffered a torn ACL in 2011.

The source says Moreno may need arthroscopic surgery on the knee, but that it’s nothing significant at this point.

If Moreno, who found a way to play through a cocktail of injuries in 2013, needs to have arthroscopic surgery on the knee, he’d likely be ready to go in time for training camp.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/20/moreno-may-need-knee-surgery/

TXBRONC
06-20-2014, 10:28 PM
It doesn't sound like it's anything severe. If fact there is no mention of him maybe missing the season because of it. I also doubt Denver letting him walk had anything to do with this latest injury.

BroncoWave
06-21-2014, 09:26 AM
I would still say it's a red flag that he has another knee issue popping up. Yeah, maybe this one will be fixed before week one, but it's probably only a matter of time until the next one pops up. I'm sure it factored into their thinking.

Dzone
06-21-2014, 11:09 AM
I love Knowshon, but he was only able to get one full season without something breaking down.

NightTerror218
06-21-2014, 11:35 AM
I would still say it's a red flag that he has another knee issue popping up. Yeah, maybe this one will be fixed before week one, but it's probably only a matter of time until the next one pops up. I'm sure it factored into their thinking.

This one is on the knee he did not blow out a couple years ago. Sounds like a very minor surgery.

Northman
06-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Miami got him relatively cheap, not like they paid him AP type of money. I also agree that i dont think it had much to do with Denver letting him go, i just think it was time as Denver seemed to be looking for more powerful and quicker backs anyway.

Simple Jaded
06-21-2014, 06:17 PM
What're the chances of Moreno being available when/if Denver suffers injuries at RB?

TXBRONC
06-21-2014, 10:01 PM
This one is on the knee he did not blow out a couple years ago. Sounds like a very minor surgery.

This is nothing like his last injury from what's been written. From all indications Moreno was let go because they wanted to make sure they had room to re-sign D. Thomas and he's easier to replace than a player like Demaryius.

Shazam!
06-21-2014, 11:33 PM
He busted his load last year. He'll probably never be that effective again, especially with two knees that can be problematic.

NightTerror218
06-22-2014, 09:46 PM
This is nothing like his last injury from what's been written. From all indications Moreno was let go because they wanted to make sure they had room to re-sign D. Thomas and he's easier to replace than a player like Demaryius.

I never said it was. Just that it is not the same knee.

MasterShake
06-23-2014, 11:45 AM
I always liked Moreno but aside from some veteran knowledge and ball security, I'm not sure what he could have brought this year. Hopefully the rest of our stable of running backs step up their games.

Buff
06-23-2014, 12:22 PM
...Yeah, duh.

TXBRONC
06-23-2014, 05:05 PM
I never said it was. Just that it is not the same knee.

I was just piggybacking off your previous post.

SM19
06-25-2014, 09:43 AM
Moreno was a good back in our offense last year, but we really should be spending as little as is practical at the running back position. It's possible the front office had well-founded concerns about Moreno's knee. However, the decision to let him go makes sense even if they didn't have any knowledge about this.

TXBRONC
06-25-2014, 10:35 AM
I always liked Moreno but aside from some veteran knowledge and ball security, I'm not sure what he could have brought this year. Hopefully the rest of our stable of running backs step up their games.

Ball stepped it up as the year went on. He had two fumbles last season but iirc they came before the halfway point in the season. I don't see Denver's running attack suffering because Moreno was let go.

The article makes it's sound like Moreno's injury is minor that's why I doubt he was let go because this injury. At best it's a secondary reason. The fact Demaryius and Julius Thomas will both free agents at the end of next season has more to do with his departure than this apparently minor injury.