PDA

View Full Version : Manning schools rookies ... on the golf course

VonDoom
06-19-2014, 08:46 AM
Man, I love stuff like this -

http://online.wsj.com/articles/bad-news-youre-golfing-with-peyton-manning-1403132788

Manning's first task was to fix Latimer's admittedly brutal swing. First he tweaked the placement of his feet, then adjusted the position of the ball in relation to his feet. Finally, Manning noticed a curve in Latimer's swing so severe that he made Latimer turn a full 90 degrees from a normal swing position (imagine standing with your back to the direction to want the ball to go in). The shift allowed Latimer's backward-looking shots to sail smoothly down the fairway. "All of the sudden I'm hitting it close to the hole," Latimer said.

"It was exactly like his coaching on the field. It transfers over," Latimer said. "He wants everyone to be on their Ps and Qs." Latimer said it was "amazing" how quickly Manning diagnosed the problem. "I learned," said Schofield, "that Peyton Manning is a genius."

TXBRONC
06-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Man, I love stuff like this -

http://online.wsj.com/articles/bad-news-youre-golfing-with-peyton-manning-1403132788

Manning's first task was to fix Latimer's admittedly brutal swing. First he tweaked the placement of his feet, then adjusted the position of the ball in relation to his feet. Finally, Manning noticed a curve in Latimer's swing so severe that he made Latimer turn a full 90 degrees from a normal swing position (imagine standing with your back to the direction to want the ball to go in). The shift allowed Latimer's backward-looking shots to sail smoothly down the fairway. "All of the sudden I'm hitting it close to the hole," Latimer said.

"It was exactly like his coaching on the field. It transfers over," Latimer said. "He wants everyone to be on their Ps and Qs." Latimer said it was "amazing" how quickly Manning diagnosed the problem. "I learned," said Schofield, "that Peyton Manning is a genius."

I wonder if Manning also teaches them how to build a sound financial portfolio like investing in thing like Papa Johns pizza? :D

OB
06-20-2014, 06:24 PM
It's amazing how much better you play when you play with someone who can fix your faults. I miss ex mr 420 for this reason (and the boat)

spikerman
06-20-2014, 08:28 PM
It's amazing how much better you play when you play with someone who can fix your faults. I miss ex mr 420 for this reason (and the boat)

Well, that can be a double-edged sword. How often did ex Mr 420 point out those faults? That could get old fast.