PDA

View Full Version : Broncos QB Peyton Manning's accuracy makes him who he is: tops in NFL

Denver Native (Carol)
06-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Where statistics fail, anger succeeds.

Opposing cornerbacks explain Peyton Manning's accuracy — perhaps his best quality — every Sunday. Sometimes it comes with exclamation points. And expletives.

"I will have a defensive back on my side, and Peyton will place it in the perfect spot," Demaryius Thomas said Tuesday. "It's something I had never seen before. Never. They say I have good corners covering me. But it's hard for them with Peyton. You hear the DBs out there saying: 'Ah, you're lucky. With any other quarterback but Peyton, that would have been a pick.' They get really frustrated."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25939454/broncos-qb-peyton-mannings-accuracy-makes-him-who

BroncoNut
06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
this is all well and good but win a superbowl for crying out loud. just kidding, didn't read this yet

OaklandRaider
06-12-2014, 04:05 AM
Manning is pretty accurate, but not so much past twenty yards.

Imo that's what makes Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Cam Newton arguably better then Manning because they can threaten a defense every inch of the field, not just twenty yards of it.

chazoe60
06-12-2014, 08:02 AM

Imo that's what makes Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Cam Newton arguably better then Manning because they can threaten a defense every inch of the field, not just twenty yards of it.

:laugh: Cam Newton. :laugh:

Ravage!!!
06-12-2014, 10:24 AM

Must be why Manning beat the NFL TD record, because he's not someone that can threaten the whole field. Seriously, OR, do you watch the game?

Ravage!!!
06-12-2014, 10:26 AM
:laugh: Cam Newton. :laugh:

:lol: Well, he is the same guy that has Rich Gannon > John Elway under his name.

Cugel
06-12-2014, 12:04 PM
:lol: Well, he is the same guy that has Rich Gannon > John Elway under his name.

Yes, that does crack me up. It's like arguing that "Chuck 'the Bayonne Bleeder' Wepner > Muhammed Ali".

OaklandRaider
06-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Must be why Manning beat the NFL TD record, because he's not someone that can threaten the whole field. Seriously, OR, do you watch the game?

Hes a wonderful regular season QB, but watch tje Superbowl again.

The Seahawks shut down the short crossing routes that Manning lives off of, daring him to go deep. PM couldn't do it.

You play that type of coverage against Rodgers what do you think happens? You get lit TF up.

BroncoJoe
06-12-2014, 04:54 PM

The Seahawks shut down the short crossing routes that Manning lives off of, daring him to go deep. PM couldn't do it.

You play that type of coverage against Rodgers what do you think happens? You get lit TF up.

I guess we'll see the first week this year.

Ravage!!!
06-12-2014, 05:20 PM

:lol: I'm not sure YOU watched the Super Bowl!!!

Man, its fun to read ignorance... although makes me sad for our school system.

BroncoWave
06-12-2014, 05:23 PM

Be nice Rav, even the best special ed department can't turn a retard into a genius.

OaklandRaider
06-12-2014, 05:58 PM

Explain to me what the Seahawks did to shut down manning then since youre so knowledgeable, even though I watch coaches tape on Nfl rewind.

MOtorboat
06-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Explain to me what the Seahawks did to shut down manning then since youre so knowledgeable, even though I watch coaches tape on Nfl rewind.

Oh man. Does mom know you spent that $60?

BroncoWave
06-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Oh man. Does mom know you spent that $60?

He watches the coaches tape, man. I think it's time to bow down to his expertise.

TXBRONC
06-12-2014, 06:30 PM

Right. :lol:

Shazam!
06-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Listen to Captain Sportscenter over here. Wow...

NightTerror218
06-13-2014, 12:25 PM
Manning threw about 10% of his passes 20+. Brady is at around 11%. Flacco around 15%. Manning competes 48% beyond 20 yards. Brady is 23%

OaklandRaider
06-14-2014, 09:46 PM
Manning threw about 10% of his passes 20+. Brady is at around 11%. Flacco around 15%. Manning competes 48% beyond 20 yards. Brady is 23%

Id love to see his numbers over 20 yards in the postseason..... :coffee:

MOtorboat
06-14-2014, 10:03 PM
Id love to see his numbers over 20 yards in the postseason..... :coffee:

Can you find us the Raiders quarterback stats in the playoffs for the last 11 years?

OaklandRaider
06-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Can you find us the Raiders quarterback stats in the playoffs for the last 11 years?

Mods?

Ive been attacked.

OB
06-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Mods?

Ive been attacked.

You're back. Making that 50g a year must be time consuming.

broncohead
06-14-2014, 11:12 PM

He had no time in the pocket...

OB
06-16-2014, 10:11 AM
OR got perma banned :Cry: :lol:

chazoe60
06-16-2014, 10:20 AM

Good. Now he can concentrate on spending that 50k and banging chick's three at a time. That dude has so much better things to be doing anyway.

Shazam!
06-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Peyton Manning Career vs. Oakland Raiders:

7-2

2500+ yards
23 TDs
9 INTs

105+ QB Rating

BroncoJoe
06-16-2014, 10:30 AM

So who's going to be our village idiot now?

TXBRONC
06-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Good. Now he can concentrate on spending that 50k and banging chick's three at a time. That dude has so much better things to be doing anyway.

Is having three inflate-a-mates really a foursome?