PDA

View Full Version : Broncos open contract talks with Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas

Denver Native (Carol)
06-09-2014, 07:22 PM
SALISBURY, N.C. — Thomas times two could mean millions by the mega.

The Broncos have opened contract negotiations with the agents of wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and tight end Julius Thomas.

"We've already talked to them to see if we can do something before the beginning of the year," said Broncos general manager John Elway, who was here Monday to present former Denver Post, Sports Illustrated and ESPN writer Rick Reilly into the National Sportswriters Association Hall of Fame. "We'd like to get something done before the beginning of camp. We don't want to do anything once training camp starts. They're both in their last years and we'd like for them to stay and be Broncos for a long time."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25930430/broncos-open-contract-talks-demaryius-thomas-julius-thomas

Elway has comments about other players also

Simple Jaded
06-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Denver Post is charging now?

Pudge
06-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Denver Post is charging now?

Didn't try charging me

dogfish
06-09-2014, 08:23 PM
but wait. . . i thought we drafted latimer to replace DT?

:noidea:

BroncoWave
06-09-2014, 08:41 PM

Who said this? :confused:

TXBRONC
06-09-2014, 08:44 PM

Yep. Maybe reading tea leaves isn't all that it is cracked up to be.

wcben
06-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Any ideas on what DT and JT should command from Bowlen $/Year??

Dzone
06-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Any ideas on what DT and JT should command from Bowlen $/Year??
I dont know. $12 Million? Are they both in the same level salary -wise? Both made the pro bowl. Would have to look and see what other WRs and TEs are making...Like how much does dez bryant get? I would say DT is close to that

BroncoWave
06-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Will also be interesting to see if JT tries to pull a Jimmy Graham and get paid like a WR instead of a TE.

TXBRONC
06-10-2014, 07:56 AM
Who said this? :confused:

Cugel.

VonDoom
06-10-2014, 09:02 AM
I dont know. $12 Million? Are they both in the same level salary -wise? Both made the pro bowl. Would have to look and see what other WRs and TEs are making...Like how much does dez bryant get? I would say DT is close to that

Dez Bryant was drafted the same year as DT, so he's also still on his rookie deal. With the cap increasing, I'd say DT is going to command around $15 million APY. Depends on how the contract is structured, but I'd be shocked if we get it done for less than that (and he's well worth it).

I can't see JT getting $12 million. Gronk's APY is $9 million, and currently no other TE is even at $8.

tomjonesrocks
06-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Wouldn't mind locking up both right now. Either "hitting the market" won't improve their chances of staying.

VonDoom
06-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Wouldn't mind locking up both right now. Either "hitting the market" won't improve their chances of staying.

Right, and I think Elway agrees, based on this report. Since they're already talking, I'd be surprised if we don't have a deal done with DT by camp. I'd like to see JT improve his blocking, but honestly, if they lock him up now, it'll be cheaper than if he has another monster year like we're all hoping.

TXBRONC
06-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Right, and I think Elway agrees, based on this report. Since they're already talking, I'd be surprised if we don't have a deal done with DT by camp. I'd like to see JT improve his blocking, but honestly, if they lock him up now, it'll be cheaper than if he has another monster year like we're all hoping.

The local sports media has been saying for quite awhile now that one of reasons that Elway let Decker, Moreno, Ayers, Woodyard, and the rest those walk was in order to re-sign D. Thomas and J. Thomas and Miller who will be coming up next year iirc. I

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-10-2014, 12:20 PM
The local sports media has been saying for quite awhile now that one of reasons that Elway let Decker, Moreno, Ayers, Woodyard, and the rest those walk was in order to re-sign D. Thomas and J. Thomas and Miller who will be coming up next year iirc. I

It only makes sense that you do what you have to do in order to keep young and elite talent on the team.

VonDoom
06-10-2014, 01:36 PM

Yeah, and that certainly makes sense. We all knew DT would be a big priority. As for Von, after they picked up his fifth year option, he's covered through 2015. We could always franchise him, or they could work something out earlier, but he's not as much of an immediate concern as the other two.

BroncoJoe
06-10-2014, 01:37 PM
I can't find the article, but they asked DT about Decker. He said something to the effect that he's very happy for him, and they look forward to playing with each other again.

Weird?

CoachChaz
06-10-2014, 01:44 PM
I can't find the article, but they asked DT about Decker. He said something to the effect that he's very happy for him, and they look forward to playing with each other again.

Weird?

DT has never really shown much of a mastery of English, so there is no telling what he meant

TXBRONC
06-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Yeah, and that certainly makes sense. We all knew DT would be a big priority. As for Von, after they picked up his fifth year option, he's covered through 2015. We could always franchise him, or they could work something out earlier, but he's not as much of an immediate concern as the other two.

I forgot that Miller's option was picked up. I wouldn't be surprised if Elway starts talks with Miller after next season.

NightTerror218
06-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Dez Bryant was drafted the same year as DT, so he's also still on his rookie deal. With the cap increasing, I'd say DT is going to command around $15 million APY. Depends on how the contract is structured, but I'd be shocked if we get it done for less than that (and he's well worth it).

I can't see JT getting $12 million. Gronk's APY is $9 million, and currently no other TE is even at $8.

JT won't get $12 mill as lo g as graham loses his grievence. One pro bowl compared to a guy who has made it multie times. I could see $6-7 mill full of incentives.

OaklandRaider
06-12-2014, 04:12 AM
If I were a Broncos fan, id be very worried about my team potentially over paying Julius Thomas.

The kid has some talent, but Peyton Manning always makes whatever TE he has look better than he is. Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme, Marcus Pollard. All guys who went on to do nothing after Manning left.

I just dont see franchise type talent in JT. I wouldn't break the bank for him when I could stick any warm body at TE for Manning and they look like a stud.

Ravage!!!
06-12-2014, 10:23 AM
If I were a Broncos fan, id be very worried about my team potentially over paying Julius Thomas.

The kid has some talent, but Peyton Manning always makes whatever TE he has look better than he is. Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme, Marcus Pollard. All guys who went on to do nothing after Manning left.

I just dont see franchise type talent in JT. I wouldn't break the bank for him when I could stick any warm body at TE for Manning and they look like a stud.

I'm guessing Graham isn't benefitting from Brees? Did Gronk benefit from Brady? Tell those QBs that they don't need their TE because they could just put any warm body in there.

We could SEE that Tamme was the benefit of a great QB... (hell, what player isn't?) but Tamme just was never a top NFL athlete. But one can also see that JT is a HARD player for defenders to cover, and IS a stud NFL athlete. That's the difference. JT isn't just some warm body.

Cugel
06-12-2014, 11:16 AM

I personally hope not, but it COULD happen if they decide that D.T. wants too much money, which is a distinct possibility. He's supposed to be in line for $12 million a year, but who really knows what he wants or what they are willing to offer?

In that case, they could always decline to conclude contract negotiations this year (they have stated they will do this if he's not agreed to terms before training camp) and then franchise him in 2015. Then they would have 2 years with Cody Latimer to see if he can replace D.T.'s production for less money.

If they decide Cody can't fill the bill, they can decide if they want to bite the bullet in 2015 and re-sign D.T. for what he's worth, or else let him go in 2016 and get somebody else.

swaiy
06-12-2014, 11:20 AM
DT has never really shown much of a mastery of English, so there is no telling what he meant

What an ignorant thing to say.

Cugel
06-12-2014, 11:21 AM
I'm guessing Graham isn't benefitting from Brees? Did Gronk benefit from Brady? Tell those QBs that they don't need their TE because they could just put any warm body in there.

We could SEE that Tamme was the benefit of a great QB... (hell, what player isn't?) but Tamme just was never a top NFL athlete. But one can also see that JT is a HARD player for defenders to cover, and IS a stud NFL athlete. That's the difference. JT isn't just some warm body.

You're right about this. With Julius Thomas they have a TE who could develop into one of the NFL's top receiving TEs. Remember that because of his frequent injuries and slow start he's only had 1 good year so far, last year. We haven't even seen how far this guy could develop.

I think of what the Patriots were able to achieve when they had Gronk and Hernandez together. Because of his size and strength, having D.T. with Julius Thomas is somewhat like that. Both create mismatches and having them together makes the offense hard to stop.

Cugel
06-12-2014, 11:28 AM

You do realize that by beginning your post like this you come across as a "concern troll"? It's a free country and you can post here if you register I suppose, but this is a site for Broncos fans. What in hell are you doing here anyway with your "Rich Gannon > John Elway" crap? You don't catch me hanging out at the Black Hole talking equally B.S. smack about the Raiders. "Craig Morton > Kenny Stabler" :laugh:

BroncoJoe
06-12-2014, 11:30 AM
What an ignorant thing to say.

Have you heard him speak? It's a simple fact he does not speak very well.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-12-2014, 11:34 AM

He's just got a thick country accent, being from Georgia. He's actually a pretty bright guy. He graduated in 3.5 years with honors, and scored around a 37 on the wonderlic.

Valar Morghulis
06-12-2014, 12:27 PM
You do realize that by beginning your post like this you come across as a "concern troll"? It's a free country and you can post here if you register I suppose, but this is a site for Broncos fans. What in hell are you doing here anyway with your "Rich Gannon > John Elway" crap? You don't catch me hanging out at the Black Hole talking equally B.S. smack about the Raiders. "Craig Morton > Kenny Stabler" :laugh:

Lol I never thought he was Real. I thought it was a parody account created by someone in here just to amuse themselves.

If the dude is real his posts are never serious - I especially enjoy the lunacy of some of them.

swaiy
06-12-2014, 01:31 PM

Yes.

He's just got a thick country accent, being from Georgia. He's actually a pretty bright guy. He graduated in 3.5 years with honors, and scored around a 37 on the wonderlic.

And this.

Just because someone isn't immaculate in public speaking, they have a poor "mastery of the English language?"

People need to think before they post bullshit like that lest they enjoy looking the opposite of the superior "intelligence" they portray.

Northman
06-12-2014, 02:14 PM
People need to think before they post bullshit like that lest they enjoy looking the opposite of the superior "intelligence" they portray.

Dont take what gets said on here too seriously. Its just a messageboard.

swaiy
06-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Dont take what gets said on here too seriously. Its just a messageboard.

I used the messageboard like anyone else. To post an opinion. I didn't take anything seriously. I just thought what he said was stupid and replied. Its not my first time logging on.

Northman
06-12-2014, 03:53 PM
I used the messageboard like anyone else. To post an opinion. I didn't take anything seriously. I just thought what he said was stupid and replied. Its not my first time logging on.

Indeed you did. You sounded quite butthurt about the comment.

OaklandRaider
06-12-2014, 04:46 PM

Thomas isnt a Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham, Gronk type of athlete. Shame on you for including him in the conversation as those guys.

Hes a good solid player but theres nothing about his game that makes you go wow. When Manning retires, I think hell be just another guy. Sorry thats just my opinion.

BroncoJoe
06-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Thomas isnt a Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham, Gronk type of athlete. Shame on you for including him in the conversation as those guys.

Hes a good solid player but theres nothing about his game that makes you go wow. When Manning retires, I think hell be just another guy. Sorry thats just my opinion.

Which is awesome, because you're wrong 100% of the time.

Ravage!!!
06-12-2014, 05:24 PM

Yeah.. I'm with Joe on this. If this is how YOU see it, then I'm feeling pretty confident that JT is better than I thought!

broncohead
06-12-2014, 05:43 PM
I'd take JT over Vernon Davis and Gronk. Gronk cause he's always hurt but if healthy I'd take Gronk

BroncoWave
06-12-2014, 05:47 PM
The Broncos should hire OR as a draft consultant, then just draft all the guys who he says will suck.

TXBRONC
06-12-2014, 05:49 PM

Yep this is 100% correct.

OaklandRaider
06-12-2014, 05:54 PM
I'd take JT over Vernon Davis and Gronk. Gronk cause he's always hurt but if healthy I'd take Gronk

Vernon Davis a better blocker, hes faster and can stretch the seams, a leader, better hands, and is a touchdown machine. And that's with guys like Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick throwing him the ball.

There is no way Julius Thomas, who was a complete afterthought before last season, is better than Vernon Davis.

OaklandRaider
06-12-2014, 05:55 PM
The Broncos should hire OR as a draft consultant, then just draft all the guys who he says will suck.

I sure wouldn't of drafted Sylvester Williams, thats for sure

dogfish
06-12-2014, 06:33 PM

lmao! you haven't the first, faintest idea what you're talking about. . . :lol: :lol:

thanks for sharing, though!

broncohead
06-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Vernon Davis a better blocker, hes faster and can stretch the seams, a leader, better hands, and is a touchdown machine. And that's with guys like Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick throwing him the ball.

There is no way Julius Thomas, who was a complete afterthought before last season, is better than Vernon Davis.

And JT posted double digit TDs in first year as a starter and Davis has only done it twice. Davis is prob faster but I was impressed with JTs speed. I saw him consistently get separation from safeties on crossing routes. Also JT played extremely well for a first year starter and having to compete for catches with a top 5 WR and the top slot in the game and a solid #2 WR. Davis is maxed out where JT will only get better. Next season JT will be a top 3 TE

broncohead
06-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Also who did Davis have to compete with for catches? He should have been taking over games if hes on the top tier like Graham and Gronk

OaklandRaider
06-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Also who did Davis have to compete with for catches? He should have been taking over games if hes on the top tier like Graham and Gronk

Michael crabtree? Anquan boldin?

Both would arguably be the best receivers on your team.

spikerman
06-12-2014, 08:58 PM

Weak. The 49ers would trade either of those guys for D. Thomas and not even blink. Hell, they might trade both of them for him.

NightTerror218
06-12-2014, 11:33 PM

5+ years as starter vs 1 year starter. Big difference. Faster and better hands? Not so sure about that.

Northman
06-13-2014, 04:59 AM

Bwhahahahahaha, oh snap.

Northman
06-13-2014, 05:04 AM
Davis and Gronk are better than JT, but both have been in the starting lineup much longer and were already TE's when coming into the league. JT was a basketball player who tried his hand at football. But, i can say with complete confidence that the ceiling for JT is really high and if this past year was any indication, if he can stay healthy he will eclipse anything Davis and Gronk have done. He has that much talent.

SM19
06-13-2014, 08:34 AM
When you're a Raider fan, it's really easy to forget what good football players look like.

VonDoom
06-13-2014, 09:24 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 32m

Sources tell me the Broncos have made an initial contract offer to Demaryius Thomas. It's a 5-yr deal.

TXBRONC
06-13-2014, 11:05 AM

:rofl: NO.

broncohead
06-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Davis and Gronk are better than JT, but both have been in the starting lineup much longer and were already TE's when coming into the league. JT was a basketball player who tried his hand at football. But, i can say with complete confidence that the ceiling for JT is really high and if this past year was any indication, if he can stay healthy he will eclipse anything Davis and Gronk have done. He has that much talent.

Right now yes but I think JT will surpass Davis this year

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-13-2014, 07:03 PM
Right now yes but I think JT will surpass Davis this year

Boy, I don't know about that. Davis has never had Manning throwing him the ball, yet he's always had great numbers.

Julius might develop into a better blocker than Davis, and I emphasize might, but he'll never have 4.3 speed.

dogfish
06-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Boy, I don't know about that. Davis has never had Manning throwing him the ball, yet he's always had great numbers.

Julius might develop into a better blocker than Davis, and I emphasize might, but he'll never have 4.3 speed.

no biggie. . . neither does any other TE besides davis-- neither graham or gronk runs a 4.3, and not even davis plays that fast with pads on. . . JT's still fast enough to run as well as a lot of wide receivers after the catch-- dude has enough wheels to take a screen to the house if he gets some open field. . .

either way, it's pretty sweet that people are debating whether our forth rounder can be as good as a guy that was a top ten pick, with the best workout numbers ever recorded by a TE. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-13-2014, 07:38 PM
no biggie. . . neither does any other TE besides davis-- neither graham or gronk runs a 4.3, and not even davis plays that fast with pads on. . . JT's still fast enough to run as well as a lot of wide receivers after the catch-- dude has enough wheels to take a screen to the house if he gets some open field. . .

either way, it's pretty sweet that people are debating whether our forth rounder can be as good as a guy that was a top ten pick, with the best workout numbers ever recorded by a TE. . .

I don't disagree at all. I'm just suggesting that to expect him to be a more elite receiver than Davis might not be too realistic, but we can still be pretty happy with who he is, which is pretty darn good.

broncohead
06-13-2014, 07:57 PM

I agree. Idk if he'll ever be better I just believe he will. I think JT has a lot more potential. Davis ran a 4.3 at the combine but so did Reggie Bush. Yet I don't see the same open field speed. JT will be a better weapon in the passing game.

NightTerror218
06-13-2014, 09:52 PM

JT is bigger though I think.

Simple Jaded
06-13-2014, 10:26 PM
Alfred Williams has a poor mastery of the English language and he gets paid to talk.

Cugel
06-13-2014, 11:02 PM
When you're a Raider fan, it's really easy to forget what good football players look like.
Mu-hahahahahaha! Ah, that made my evening!

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post

You know this is really pathetic for a Raiders fan! Where's the obscenity laden tirade we've come to expect from the denizens of the Black Hole? "Shame on you" and "that's just my opinion"? Seriously? You'll have to try harder than that if you expect to get anywhere as a Troll! :lol:

Cugel
06-13-2014, 11:21 PM
To give some perspective on what D.T. might expect, here's Mike Wallace's contract with Miami. Calvin Johnson earns more, but then he's Calvin Johnson.

Year Base: 2013 $1,000,000 Salary Prorated: $2,200,000 Roster Bonus:$0 Workout Bonus: $50,000 $0 Other Bonus: $3,250,000 Cap Hit: $27,000,000 [if they cut him or traded him this year] Cap Savings: [if he remains on the roster] ($23,750,000)

Year Base: 2014 $15,000,000 Salary Prorated: $2,200,000 Roster Bonus: $0 Workout Bonus: $50,000 $0 Other Bonus: $17,250,000 Cap Hit: $26,800,000 Cap Savings: ($9,550,000)

Year Base: 2015 Salary: $9,850,000 Prorated: $2,200,000 Roster Bonus: $0 Workout Bonus: $50,000 $0 Other Bonus: $12,100,000 Cap Hit: $9,600,000 Cap Savings: $2,500,000

Year Base: 2016 Salary: $11,450,000 Prorated: $2,200,000 Roster Bonus: $0 Workout Bonus: $50,000 $0 Other Bonus: $13,700,000 Cap Hit: $4,400,000 Cap Savings: $9,300,000

Year Base: 2017 Salary: $11,450,000 Prorated: $2,200,000 Roster Bonus: $0 Workout Bonus: $50,000 $0 Other Bonus: $13,700,000 Cap Hit: $2,200,000 Cap Savings: $11,500,000

You can see how teams structure big mulit-year contracts to reduce the cap hit. He's getting a big bonus, but it's pro-rated over several years time so the individual cap hit isn't that bad. It just costs the Owner a lot of money up front in a signing bonus, but if the player is expected to earn his salary by playing out the contract then it's worth it.

Mike Wallace had 73 receptions for 930 yards and 5 TDs. D.T. had 92 receptions for 1,430 yards and 14 TDs. So, he should command a bigger contract than Wallace who is currently in 2nd place among WRs in the NFL, but less than Calvin Johnson's overall $113 million contract, with $16 million a year, plus $48 million guarantee. Significantly less.

I'm going strictly by guaranteed contracts, which is the only portion of the contract money the player will probably ever see. For instance, Calvin Johnson is never getting $100+ million. He's going to get his $48 million, but they will not pay him the last years of that huge contract. They will re-negotiate instead and give him another signing bonus.

GEM
06-14-2014, 10:08 AM

They already have Alfred Williams for that. :)

GEM
06-14-2014, 10:10 AM

Go home, you're drunk. :lol:

TXBRONC
06-14-2014, 01:05 PM

Agreed, the only thing that separates J. Thomas from these other guys is experience. If his numbers are in same range again this year he will more than likely be viewed as one of the top five or six tight ends in the game.

wcben
06-14-2014, 01:23 PM

If you want to compare welker to boldin okay. NO way would any team rather have Boldin over DT

OrangeHoof
06-14-2014, 03:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11081437/demaryius-thomas-offered-5-year-contract-extension-denver-broncos

ESPN: D. Thomas gets 5-yr offer from Broncos.

tomjonesrocks
06-14-2014, 04:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11081437/demaryius-thomas-offered-5-year-contract-extension-denver-broncos ESPN: D. Thomas gets 5-yr offer from Broncos.

Wonder what DT might be thinking after the DRC event. JFE seems to be a put-your-final-offer-out-first kinda guy...if they counter will Denver rip the offer off the table?

TXBRONC
06-14-2014, 05:14 PM
If you want to compare welker to boldin okay. NO way would any team rather have Boldin over DT

Just because Boldin and Crabtree would be the best receivers on the Raiders doesn't mean that they would be the best on the Broncos.

spikerman
06-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Just because Boldin and Crabtree would be the best receivers on the Raiders doesn't mean that they would be the best on the Broncos.

TX, you and I would be the best receivers on the Raiders.

TXBRONC
06-14-2014, 08:42 PM
TX, you and I would be the best receivers on the Raiders.

No doubt.

slim
06-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Tinker has a point.

OaklandRaider
06-14-2014, 09:48 PM
The Raiders actually have the deepest receiving core in the NFL...

James Jones
Rod Steater
Andre Holmes
Denarius Moore
Juron Criner

dogfish
06-14-2014, 09:51 PM
tell us again how jamarcus russell is more talented than elway. . .

:heh:

OaklandRaider
06-14-2014, 09:52 PM
If the Broncos want to overpay Jacob Tamme...err, Julius Thomas then im all for it.

DT is a stud tho and deserves every cent he gets.

TXBRONC
06-14-2014, 11:23 PM

James Jones
Rod Steater
Andre Holmes
Denarius Moore
Juron Criner

That was dumb. Having five receivers all of which are no better than a third option doesn't mean the Raiders have the deepest receiving corps in the NFL.

Simple Jaded
06-15-2014, 09:45 PM

James Jones
Rod Steater
Andre Holmes
Denarius Moore
Juron Criner

Deepest at what?

Hawgdriver
06-16-2014, 02:45 AM
Tinker has a point.

dfaq

Denver Native (Carol)
06-19-2014, 08:35 PM
The fashion created confusion.

Which was more impressive: the T-shirt featuring Bo Jackson or the man wearing it?

"There's no one like Bo. He ran a 4.1 (40-yard)," wide receiver Demaryius Thomas said Wednesday, after the Broncos were dismissed from workouts until training camp in late July. "He was special."

Entering his fifth season, Thomas has sprinted into a similar conversation. The Broncos want to secure him to a long-term contract before training camp starts, general manager John Elway said last week. Early discussions have centered on a five-year deal.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25991422/broncos-intend-keep-wr-demaryius-thomas-fold-years

gregbroncs
06-19-2014, 09:08 PM

James Jones
Rod Steater
Andre Holmes
Denarius Moore
Juron CrinerOh my. That's the funniest shit I've read in a long time.

TXBRONC
06-19-2014, 09:35 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25991422/broncos-intend-keep-wr-demaryius-thomas-fold-years

That would be great if they could long term deal done before camp.

tomjonesrocks
06-19-2014, 10:19 PM
Deepest at what?

I was going to say "That's Deep, Alright".

I like your response better.

VonDoom
06-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Over at SportsOnEarth.com, Mike Tanier has been doing a weekly column on the best and worst units in the NFL. This week is the receiving corps. I wanted to drop it here, since there was all that Raider discussion above:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/81075336/nfl-receiving-corps-rankings-denver-broncos-cincinnati-bengals-detroit-lions#!2zRLn

1. Denver Broncos

The bottom line is that we know what Peyton looks like with an ordinary surrounding cast. He threw for 4,700 yards and 33 touchdowns in 2010 with the great Reggie Wayne flanked by Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, aging Dallas Clark, Tamme and Blair White, with Donald Brown filling in for Joseph Addai most of the year. Last year's crew helped the older Manning to 777 more yards and 22 more touchdowns, and it's not like there was a lot of margin to work with when starting with 4,700 and 33. Peyton 2010 and 2013 was like Brady 2011 and 2013 in reverse.

29. Oakland Raiders

But then there are those tight ends: David Ausberry, Mychal Rivera, Nick Kasa. Maurice Jones-Drew looks like a receiving threat at this point in his career only because the Jaguars forced four or five passes in the flat to him per game. The bench behind the top three receivers is loaded with the likes of Greg "The Drop Machine" Little and hanger-on Juron Criner. Marcel Reece is great in the flats, but we are talking about a fullback, folks.

And just for good measure, since they were mentioned as well:

31. Kansas City Chiefs

Oops! I wrote a scouting report for the 2003 Eagles by mistake! OK, this is an easy fix. Replace Todd Pinkston with Dwayne Bowe, James Thrash with Donnie Avery, Chad Lewis with Anthony Fasano, Fred Ex with A.J. Jenkins and Brian Westbrook with Jamaal Charles. Everything else is 100 percent accurate.