PDA

View Full Version : Random act of kindness by Broncos' Moore

SoCalImport
06-07-2014, 12:47 PM
http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/2014/06/06/broncos-moore-kindness/10086763/

"Thursday night about 9:35 pm a loyal 9News viewer called to get a contact address for the Denver Broncos PR staff. The caller's relative is being treated for compartment syndrome, the same injury that sidelined Moore last season and nearly took his life."
"By 10:15 pm Moore was sitting bedside of the man in his 30's giving support and even organized a prayer circle with the group."

Denver Native (Carol)
06-07-2014, 12:53 PM
http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/2014/06/06/broncos-moore-kindness/10086763/

"Thursday night about 9:35 pm a loyal 9News viewer called to get a contact address for the Denver Broncos PR staff. The caller's relative is being treated for compartment syndrome, the same injury that sidelined Moore last season and nearly took his life."
"By 10:15 pm Moore was sitting bedside of the man in his 30's giving support and even organized a prayer circle with the group."

What a wonderful thing Rahim did - thanks for posting

Denver Native (Carol)
06-07-2014, 12:59 PM
An email arrived from a relative of the patient. A phone call came later this morning. It took me by surprise. Covering professional sports for 20 years, I have never heard of such a spontaneous act of kindness and caring from an athlete.

Good guys remain in sports. Broncos safety Rahim Moore belongs on the top of that list after what transpired Thursday.

Last Sunday, a Denver man in his 30s — I am withholding his name at the family’s request — ran a 10K in Steamboat Springs and began suffering searing leg pain. Monday, he needed surgery, followed by another operation, and the loss of a major league muscle. He was diagnosed with compartment syndrome. By Thursday night, hope became a stranger, and the family was reeling.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/06/06/rahim-moore-provides-inspiration-hope-compartment-syndrome-patient/27864/

Dzone
06-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Outstanding. Have always liked Rahim Moore. Class act all the way. Two years in a row he has had to come back from something devastating

Simple Jaded
06-07-2014, 04:41 PM
I hope he has a monster season, and not just in ways that PPF can quantify.

BigDaddyBronco
06-09-2014, 08:48 AM
This was out of Peter King's MMQB column.

I think Rahim Moore of the Denver Broncos deserves some praise this morning. Moore suffered from a potentially catastrophic incidence of compartment syndrome, which Joan Niesen wrote so eloquently about for The MMQB. Then Moore talked about it to the Denver press, and a local runner in Denver was admitted to a hospital and diagnosed with compartment syndrome last week. The runner is remaining anonymous for now, but a relative, who also wished to remain anonymous, reached out to me to explain how Moore, once he found out about the patient, wanted to visit him immediately in the hospital. Moore did, last Thursday night. “Rahim prayed with him and inspired him,’’ the relative said. “He dropped what he was doing at 10 o’clock at night and came to the hospital and delivered a message of hope. We are just normal people. We had no expectations that he would come when we notified the Broncos about the situation. But he did. We are overwhelmed. People should know this—they should know what a good person Rahim Moore is.” And so now you hear the testimony about Moore.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-21-2014, 04:15 PM
An event designed to improve health, of all things, is what caused Tyson Goulding severe pain and anguish. That’s the best way to explain what happened the week of June 1, a stretch that changed the Centennial man’s life, leaving him recovering from compartment syndrome and inspired by Broncos safety Rahim Moore.

Moore, whose 2013 season ended because of compartment syndrome, visited Goulding in the hospital last month, 33 minutes after receiving a text message about his condition.

“I wanted to let him know it would be OK, and encourage him,” Moore said.

Goulding, 36, talked publicly for the first time to The Post this weekend, detailing his progress and how Moore’s words continue to motivate him.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/07/20/inspired-rahim-moores-hospital-visit-tyson-goulding-road-recovery/28214/