PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Ware shows leadership role in early days with Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
06-04-2014, 09:49 PM
DeMarcus Ware scooted toward the parking lot Wednesday, unnoticed by reporters. His impact on the Broncos, however, remains as impossible to miss as his lime-green Nikes.

June practice in shorts fosters optimism. Everyone looks good, focus is narrow and goals are shared. So many players have chips on their shoulders, Doritos figures to film a commercial at Dove Valley.

Ware's presence warrants a double take. He grows in significance every time a teammate approaches a microphone or shares an anecdote. After practice earlier this week, Ware worked overtime with a teammate. And not linebacker Von Miller, who might benefit most by Ware's addition. Ware, the former Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowler who was cut this offseason, worked with right offensive tackle Chris Clark.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25900208/demarcus-ware-shows-leadership-role-early-days-broncos

BroncoJoe
06-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Very pleased and excited to have him with the Broncos.

TXBRONC
06-05-2014, 08:37 AM
If Ware is healthy and can stay healthy he'll have a solid year.

HORSEPOWER 56
06-05-2014, 02:12 PM

If Ware and Miller can both stay healthy this year, we could easily have the best pass rush in the league. Those guys could be absolutely lethal together

wcben
06-05-2014, 03:05 PM
#VonWareWolfe

TXBRONC
06-05-2014, 09:10 PM
If Ware and Miller can both stay healthy this year, we could easily have the best pass rush in the league. Those guys could be absolutely lethal together

Agreed.

pnbronco
06-06-2014, 01:27 AM

I agree. It seems like Ware is just what Von needs. Von was such good friends with Doom that he kind of lost his way without his "brother" there to work things out with. I'm hoping that Ware it that big brother/kick your butt Dad that Von need to refocus on what really matters both on and off the field.

I love reading that he's helping the O guys too on what they need to do to stop someone like him. IMO having someone that played a lot against the NFC teams is a really good thing.

SoCalImport
06-08-2014, 04:24 PM
I still can't quite get my head around the fact that D-Ware is a Bronco! and He's still in his prime years (on a calendar anyway). seriously. we've had a load of formerly star players but usually not till no one else will sign them. Ty Law and Simeon Rice anyone?

Ziggy
06-08-2014, 05:18 PM
#VonWareWolfe

#SlyVonWareWolfe

SWotRR
06-11-2014, 11:49 PM
Broncos players say defensive end DeMarcus Ware, with a no-nonsense work ethic to go with 117 career sacks, has already earned the respect of his new teammates. Ware, simply because of his standing in the league and how he carries himself, has the potential to be an important voice among the Broncos.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/66857/broncos-developing-new-core-leadership

Cugel
06-12-2014, 11:48 AM

I always hated to see Ware line up against the Broncos because he's an elite All-Pro player. He can simply dominate and take over a game if he's not blocked properly. And nobody can successfully block him one on one all the time.

Last year he played with essentially one arm, so his production was off. But, the Cowboys seriously miscalculated what he would be worth in the open market. They wanted to re-sign him, but for a lot less money than he actually got. Their defense took a huge hit when he left and they haven't replaced that guy.

Every player can get injured in a season, but this is not a recurring knee injury or something. He should be fine this season. If so he's one of the top 10 DL in football.

Having Ware is a lot better than having Dumervil, as much as I liked him. And we all remember what the Broncos pass-rush was like the last year Doom & Miller were together.

OaklandRaider
06-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Justin Tuck a raider, and Demarcus Ware a bronco.

Feels weird. Both players still have some gas left in the tank, aalthough I would say Tuck is marginally better if last year was any indication.

Cant wait to see what they add to our rivalry

TXBRONC
06-14-2014, 11:12 PM
Justin Tuck a raider, and Demarcus Ware a bronco.

Feels weird. Both players still have some gas left in the tank, aalthough I would say Tuck is marginally better if last year was any indication.

Cant wait to see what they add to our rivalry
Tuck didn't have anything close to good season so no doubt last season is an indication of anything.