PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos looking for leadership on defense before season starts

Denver Native (Carol)
05-31-2014, 11:32 AM
The best locker room leadership emerges organically, evolving over time. The Broncos need leaders on their defense after the departures of Champ Bailey and Wesley Woodyard. They were the voice in a way that Adam Levine and Usher would never understand.

As veterans, Bailey and Woodyard earned respect through their performance and work ethic. The Broncos have players capable of filling the void, but the most obvious choice needs time.

Pass rusher DeMarcus Ware just got here. He joked last month that he became lost while driving to Dove Valley. Even with his potential Hall of Fame résumé, he can't walk into the room and start quoting Walt Whitman. You can't give yourself a nickname, and you can't announce yourself as the captain.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25870291/denver-broncos-looking-leadership-defense-before-season-starts

spikerman
05-31-2014, 12:18 PM
Yeah, this is one thing that concerns me about this year - with all of the talent they brought in on defense, who are the leaders? Ware is an obvious choice, but as was pointed out in the article, he may be too new to this locker room to assume the leadership role this year. Von Miller is another one that should be a leader, but let's be honest would you take his advice? Pot Roast sounds like he's willing to assume the role, but he's only got one season with the Broncos under his belt. I would like to see Vickerson step up along with Trevaythan and possibly Chris Harris. I like the guys who had to work for it.

Jsteve01
06-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Trevathan, Wolfe , harris, and if he can establish himself nate irving

Jsteve01
06-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Oh ward was know. To be a leader in Cleveland

NightTerror218
06-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Yeah, this is one thing that concerns me about this year - with all of the talent they brought in on defense, who are the leaders? Ware is an obvious choice, but as was pointed out in the article, he may be too new to this locker room to assume the leadership role this year. Von Miller is another one that should be a leader, but let's be honest would you take his advice? Pot Roast sounds like he's willing to assume the role, but he's only got one season with the Broncos under his belt. I would like to see Vickerson step up along with Trevaythan and possibly Chris Harris. I like the guys who had to work for it.

Ware too new to be a leader..... That is dumb. Like saying Manning was to new to be a leader on offense. Ridiculous both are established vets who's careers speak for themselves. They have earned respect and will not have to do that again to be a leader. I just hope Von and others can learn to be leaders.

spikerman
06-02-2014, 06:21 AM
Ware too new to be a leader..... That is dumb. Like saying Manning was to new to be a leader on offense. Ridiculous both are established vets who's careers speak for themselves. They have earned respect and will not have to do that again to be a leader. I just hope Von and others can learn to be leaders.

I'm not sure Ware himself agrees with you.

Northman
06-02-2014, 07:22 AM
I'm not sure Ware himself agrees with you.

Whether Ware wants to agree or not is really irrelevant. Like Manning, he is well respected and "should" take on the leadership role. I would be willing to bet that is one reason why Denver brought him in. Miller clearly hasnt shown he wants to be that guy (at least yet). When Denver was winning SB's they had guys like Neil Smith who came in and automatically assumed the leadership role which i fully expect Ware to do. The team is full of young guys and its pretty imperative that Ware take the reigns based on his reputation and resume.

TXBRONC
06-02-2014, 09:38 AM
Whether Ware wants to agree or not is really irrelevant. Like Manning, he is well respected and "should" take on the leadership role. I would be willing to bet that is one reason why Denver brought him in. Miller clearly hasnt shown he wants to be that guy (at least yet). When Denver was winning SB's they had guys like Neil Smith who came in and automatically assumed the leadership role which i fully expect Ware to do. The team is full of young guys and its pretty imperative that Ware take the reigns based on his reputation and resume.

Ware is a lot like Bailey lead by example and not so much vocally.

Shazam!
06-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Danny Leviathan FTW.