PDA

View Full Version : There Are Some Things Rahim Moore Doesn't Want To Remember

VonDoom
05-28-2014, 08:28 AM
Really interesting article on Moore and his compartment syndrome, probably the most in depth I've seen since it happened. Tremendously scary stuff:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/28/nfl-denver-broncos-rahim-moore-compartment-syndrome/

Cases like Moore’s—acute compartment syndrome with no broken bone—are rare, and timing is always of the essence. Almost immediately, doctors performed a needle test to gauge the pressure, which left no doubt that compartment syndrome was besieging his leg. Doctors told Moore that had he waited to come in until noon on Monday, they would have had to amputate. Any longer than that, he could have died.

Moore simply told them, “You are not cutting my leg off. That’s not happening.”

Buff
05-28-2014, 09:34 AM
We need him at 100%. Glad his recovery is going well.

CrazyHorse
05-28-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm guess he doesn't want to remember this either.

http://www.businessinsider.com/image/50f2092cecad044b2c00001e/jacoby-jones-hail-mary.gif

VonDoom
05-28-2014, 09:54 AM

http://www.businessinsider.com/image/50f2092cecad044b2c00001e/jacoby-jones-hail-mary.gif

I knew someone would say it. And honestly, when I first saw the headline, that's what I thought of as well.

Buff
05-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Deeper than the deepest! Ugh - the memories.

BroncoJoe
05-28-2014, 10:01 AM
I was really hoping no one would post that video.

GEM
05-28-2014, 10:05 AM
For some, they'll never get over that one play...even though it wasn't just him that lost that game.

Can't wait to see Moore and Ward together personally.

GEM
05-28-2014, 10:06 AM
I was really hoping no one would post that video.

No matter what good he does in any other games, that will be the one play some will never let go.

Buff
05-28-2014, 10:12 AM
No matter what good he does in any other games, that will be the one play some will never let go.

#NeverForget

GEM
05-28-2014, 10:19 AM
#NeverForget

Nah....I forgot all about it when we got our asses handed to us in the Super Bowl and Moore wasn't even on the field.

CrazyHorse
05-28-2014, 10:20 AM
We've lost to the eventual Super Bowl winner 2 years in a row. :banghead: It's only worse for the 49ers who have lost to the eventual champion 3 years counting.:laugh:

Buff
05-28-2014, 10:20 AM
Nah....I forgot all about it when we got our asses handed to us in the Super Bowl and Moore wasn't even on the field.

He will always be Bill Buckner to me.

BroncoJoe
05-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Yeah - I get the whole argument there were a lot of things that led to that loss.

BUT, my God. Don't let someone get behind you for crissake! He makes that play, and chances are we win.

tomjonesrocks
05-28-2014, 10:48 AM
For some, they'll never get over that one play...even though it wasn't just him that lost that game. Can't wait to see Moore and Ward together personally.

Count me in the "never get over it" camp. That was the year for Manning to get a ring in Denver and he had the game won. Worst individual play in Broncos history.

tomjonesrocks
05-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Yeah - I get the whole argument there were a lot of things that led to that loss. BUT, my God. Don't let someone get behind you for crissake! He makes that play, and chances are we win.

Chances are? That game was over. Basically no time left on the clock.

I understand the sympathy about this freak injury, but I don't understand excitement about his return or his play.

Adams was superior last season outright. Moore isn't a hard hitter, isn't a ballhawk. He's a barely average, warm-body FS.

His only plus is he's young to go along with the baggage of one of the biggest goat plays of all time and an intolerable, self anointed nickname. Pretty much the antithesis of an exciting player.

BroncoNut
05-28-2014, 11:27 AM

atta girl!!!!

BroncoNut
05-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Count me in the "never get over it" camp. That was the year for Manning to get a ring in Denver and he had the game won. Worst individual play in Broncos history.

last season was the season, .....oh wait, someone must have pulled a Rahim

Buff
05-28-2014, 12:10 PM

I understand the sympathy about this freak injury, but I don't understand excitement about his return or his play.

Adams was superior last season outright. Moore isn't a hard hitter, isn't a ballhawk. He's a barely average, warm-body FS.

His only plus is he's young to go along with the baggage of one of the biggest goat plays of all time and an intolerable, self anointed nickname. Pretty much the antithesis of an exciting player.

As much as I will always hold him responsible for that epic failure - I actually think his speed and his hitting make him an asset. His ball skills need a little bit of work, but I think he's an above average NFL safety generally speaking.

BroncoNut
05-28-2014, 12:13 PM

San Fran would have Seattled us in the Superbowl that year . that would have made it 2 years of sb beatings in a row, so be careful of what you wish for, even in hindsight.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-28-2014, 12:21 PM
no matter what good he does in any other games, that will be the one play some will never let go.

Now GEM, we both know that every other player in that game played a perfect game, it was a perfectly coached game, so therefore, Rahim has to take the sole responsibility for losing that game, as he was the only one who was not perfect ;)

tomjonesrocks
05-28-2014, 12:25 PM
last season was the season, .....oh wait, someone must have pulled a Rahim

Denver's defense was decimated last season. They were healthy the year before. Huge difference.

And I don't think SF the season before was close to last season's Seattle.

G_Money
05-28-2014, 12:33 PM
The part about his leg being amputated if he'd waited til after the weekend to come in is absolutely terrifying. It's why when I found out it was compartment syndrome that I thought his career might be over. When someone has to cut out a significant portion of muscle and faschia to keep your leg from going gangrenous, it doesn't bode well.

I worked on two people who'd had comparment syndrome when I was a massage therapist. One of them was back to running marathons, the other limped out of bed every day. I'm glad Rahim is more like the former. Best of luck, kid. Ya almost lost your career and your leg.

Go help us win a Super Bowl, would ya?

BroncoNut
05-28-2014, 01:15 PM
Denver's defense was decimated last season. They were healthy the year before. Huge difference.

And I don't think SF the season before was close to last season's Seattle.

I don't know if it's that huge of a difference, but I'll agree with you on the SF/seattle comparison. but imo, the pass rush on that play is every bit as much to blame as Rahim. I mean why were we even in that situation if we were so damn strong defensively as you seem to be saying

tomjonesrocks
05-28-2014, 03:16 PM
He will always be Bill Buckner to me.

He's the Broncos version of Ernest Byner

chazoe60
05-28-2014, 03:25 PM
He's the Broncos version of Ernest Byner

Except Earnest Byner was a really good player. Moore is average at best IMHO. A FS should makes plays at least occasionally.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-28-2014, 03:38 PM
I'm glad Moore is on the road to recovery. He's a good dude. He hasn't been the ball hawk we hoped he'd be but he was a decent starter. His tackling has significantly improved which is a plus.

The big question now is, if Quinton Carter, who is finally healthy, will be able to pick up where he left off. If he does, he'll either push Moore to start or outright take the job from him. Should be an interesting competition in camp.

TXBRONC
05-28-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm glad Moore is on the road to recovery. He's a good dude. He hasn't been the ball hawk we hoped he'd be but he was a decent starter. His tackling has significantly improved which is a plus.

The big question now is, if Quinton Carter, who is finally healthy, will be able to pick up where he left off. If he does, he'll either push Moore to start or outright take the job from him. Should be an interesting competition in camp.

He hasn't played what two years? I doubt he would able to take the job from Moore.

Buff
05-28-2014, 03:49 PM

Where did he leave off? I don't recall him being particularly effective when he was healthy.

tomjonesrocks
05-28-2014, 04:07 PM
Except Earnest Byner was a really good player. Moore is average at best IMHO. A FS should makes plays at least occasionally.

Agreed...

HORSEPOWER 56
05-28-2014, 04:49 PM

Where did he leave off? I don't recall him being particularly effective when he was healthy.

He showed a lot of promise in his rookie year. He took Moore's starting job from him mid season. He played well in the playoffs picking off both Roethlisberger (in our OT win) and Brady (in our crushing loss). He was also a big hitter and tackler.

There's a reason he's been on the roster for 2 years injured and hasn't played a snap but also hasn't been released, because the coaches really like him.

Carter, if healthy after two years battling knee injuries, is a potential game-changer for the safety corps.

Late in the 2011 season, Carter looked like a budding star. Then a rookie, he had beaten out fellow draft pick Rahim Moore for a starting spot. He worked at free safety and strong safety, depending on whether then-captain Brian Dawkins was healthy or not. He intercepted passes off Ben Roethlisberger and Tom Brady in the postseason, which rocketed him into a tie for fourth place all-time in Broncos playoff interceptions, behind only Darrien Gordon, Tyrone Braxton and Bob Swenson.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Returning-Trio-Bolsters-Defensive-Depth/70c9c61d-849b-41c1-8ee2-48336418fc4a

Buff
05-28-2014, 05:06 PM
I don't remember him as a budding star. I just thought he was a guy who hit hard and took bad angles. But I could be totally wrong.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-28-2014, 05:34 PM
I don't remember him as a budding star. I just thought he was a guy who hit hard and took bad angles. But I could be totally wrong.

He played pretty well at the end of the season and in the playoffs in 2011.

tomjonesrocks
05-28-2014, 07:55 PM

I'll take the hitting from that position.

Despite what someone posted here, Moore is not a big hitter--he's a "wrap up" guy. I doubt that will change coming off a devastating injury.

Buff
05-28-2014, 08:00 PM
I'll take the hitting from that position.

Despite what someone posted here, Moore is not a big hitter--he's a "wrap up" guy. I doubt that will change coming off a devastating injury.

It was me who posted that. I disagree. I think his tackling is the most impressive part of his game. Granted, he's got a small frame, so he's not the guy who will deliver punishment over and over again like Atwater, but the guy packs a punch.

tomjonesrocks
05-28-2014, 08:24 PM
I'll also add that Moore is the weakest projected starter on this roster right now. IMO.

Irving is in the conversation for sure, as-is whoever ends up on the O-Line for Beadles--but considering the middling base talent/ceiling that was already there with Moore, coming off injury he gets my vote for the weakest-starting-link.

BroncoNut
05-28-2014, 08:43 PM
Its clear to me that some of you don't understand football

Buff
05-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Its clear to me that some of you don't understand football

Don't start naming names! I don't think I could handle it.

Simple Jaded
05-28-2014, 11:38 PM
I like Moore, I hope he FSU this season, but I'm still wondering if the inability to judge trajectory of routine deep passes is a symptom of Lateral Compartment Syndrome.

MOtorboat
05-29-2014, 02:31 AM
Moore threads always deliver.

Hawgdriver
05-29-2014, 03:50 AM
Moore threads always deliver.

Only now do I begin to comprehend the depth of your surfeit.

NightTerror218
05-29-2014, 09:25 PM
If Moore is back 100% I think he is going to have a break out season.

Cugel
05-30-2014, 12:14 PM

It's kind of like how Bills fans never forgave Scott Norwood for missing that FG to the Giants in the Super Bowl. Didn't matter what else he did the rest of his career, they just wanted to boo him forever.

Personally, I got over that play. If this recent Super Bowl humiliation taught us anything it's that the Broncos would not have been guaranteed to win anything, even if Moore makes that play.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-30-2014, 12:32 PM
It was me who posted that. I disagree. I think his tackling is the most impressive part of his game. Granted, he's got a small frame, so he's not the guy who will deliver punishment over and over again like Atwater, but the guy packs a punch.

He had actually put on about 15 pounds since his rookie year. He's got a long frame, so it's not very noticeable, but I think he's in the 215-220 range now.

Northman
05-30-2014, 01:00 PM
We need MOAR threads.

DenBronx
05-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Getting blown out in the SuperBowl in record fashion has made me completely forget about the dissapointing loss to the Ravens. THAT was our year more than last year....but being destroyed like that has made me think we wont see another Lombardi for a very long time. I would never count us out but I dont see us beating Seattle ....at least right now I dont.

Im going to pull a Northman and "wait and see" until we finallt do.

tomjonesrocks
05-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Getting blown out in the SuperBowl in record fashion has made me completely forget about the dissapointing loss to the Ravens. THAT was our year more than last year....but being destroyed like that has made me think we wont see another Lombardi for a very long time. I would never count us out but I dont see us beating Seattle ....at least right now I dont. Im going to pull a Northman and "wait and see" until we finallt do.

Yep. Hate to say it but the window is slammed shut IMO. I expect a 10-6 Wild Card season, but another SB looks bleak.

MOtorboat
05-31-2014, 12:51 AM
Yep. Hate to say it but the window is slammed shut IMO. I expect a 10-6 Wild Card season, but another SB looks bleak.

I'm really shocked. You're pessimistic?

TXBRONC
05-31-2014, 08:00 AM

You know the real Tom Jones wouldn't be doom and gloom about the Broncos chances especially since they haven't even played a single down in a meaningful game for the 2014 season.

Simple Jaded
06-01-2014, 12:54 AM
"She's a lady! Whoa, whoa whoa she's a lady. I'm talkin bout that little lady"

sneakers
06-01-2014, 05:56 AM

stop posting this

Nomad
06-01-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm really shocked. You're pessimistic?

No shock here either, the BRONCOS could have a perfect game and tomjones would find something to bitch about:lol: