PDA

View Full Version : Too soon for a 2014 Fantasy sleeper thread?

Valar Morghulis
05-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Is it too soon to start thinking about your fantasy drafts?

They are not exactly sleepers but I fancy big years for Toby Gerhardt and Larry Fitzgerald - both should be quite easy to pick up in the late rounds.

A few years ago i landed big with both Doug Martin and Alfred Morris - but last year i went for Dennard Robinson and Ronnie Hillman so that proves i really dont know what i am talking about.

I might also role the dice on Lattimore and I think Mike Glennon might win the starting job in training camp, he has a big arm and two big WRs now, so he might be worth a gamble.

Who are you guys looking at this year that might not fit with conventional wisdom?

MOtorboat
05-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Fitzgerald tends to drop because of QB factor, so that's a good pick up in the third or fourth round.

Jaws
05-26-2014, 04:23 PM
Never too soon!

underrated29
05-26-2014, 05:10 PM
I like Ben Tate and the rookie sankey. I think Tate does well and starts. I see Aaron Rodgers having a very very good year.

I haven't looked at schedules yet.

This year I am targeting Rodgers and Lacey or Peyton and ball with my first two picks as of now. Either way I get points when they score and I figure those teams to score a bunch, but it's all prelim still. I won't delve into this until mid June.

Slick
05-26-2014, 05:29 PM
King should be checking in soon. He runs like 107 fantasy football teams.

Mo, I'd like to do your league if you do one again for the forums. One is enough for me.

Dapper Dan
05-26-2014, 05:33 PM
I usually do about 10 on ESPN.

Pudge
05-26-2014, 05:34 PM
King should be checking in soon. He runs like 107 fantasy football teams.

Mo, I'd like to do your league if you do one again for the forums. One is enough for me.

Last year was pathetic for me in Mos league. I need to redeem myself

Slick
05-26-2014, 05:34 PM
I usually do about 10 on ESPN.

I would drive myself insane trying to set that many line-ups every Sunday morning.

Slick
05-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Last year was pathetic for me in Mos league. I need to redeem myself

I think I made it to the finals but Skinny spanked me pretty bad. Romo and Matt Forte had good years for me last season. My receivers were horrible. That was a big league. Once we got past the first few rounds of the draft the pickings were slim. And freaking D Bake took almost all of the Broncos.

Pudge
05-26-2014, 05:43 PM
I think I made it to the finals but Skinny spanked me pretty bad. Romo and Matt Forte had good years for me last season. My receivers were horrible. That was a big league. Once we got past the first few rounds of the draft the pickings were slim. And freaking D Bake took almost all of the Broncos.

I was out of town working and forgot about the draft. Auto draft killed me. I only had two legitimate starters

Slick
05-26-2014, 05:52 PM
I was out of town working and forgot about the draft. Auto draft killed me. I only had two legitimate starters

That sucks. Look for the app for your phone Pudge in case you're out of town. I had it on my Samsung tablet and on my Iphone. You're a freaking stud, man. I'm sure you could mobile draft and drive heavy machinery at the same time.

Pudge
05-26-2014, 06:16 PM
I'll work on it this year lol.

Dapper Dan
05-26-2014, 07:56 PM
Yeah, Peyton and those receivers got me some points. :lol:

Dapper Dan
05-26-2014, 07:56 PM
I would drive myself insane trying to set that many line-ups every Sunday morning.

Now I know why I'm insane.

Devilspawn
05-26-2014, 08:01 PM
I keep forgetting Dogfish's Fleaflicker league. Maybe I'll be in the draft this year!

I think De La Soul, Jr. will be a late season monster. I don't know what Zac Stacy will do but I think Mason will get a ton of carries later in the season.

Buff
05-28-2014, 09:42 AM
For someone who follows football as religiously as I do - I am a surprisingly mediocre fantasy football player.

BroncoJoe
05-28-2014, 10:02 AM
For someone who follows football as religiously as I do - I am a surprisingly mediocre fantasy football player.

I can't bring myself to play.

turftoad
05-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Redraft leagues are fun. I've been in one for 28yrs pretty much with the same guys.
However, you are missing out if you are not in a dynasty league. I've been on one for over ten yrs now and it is totally a blast. We just got done with our rookie draft. The guys on your team are your guys forever unless you drop or trade them.
Fantasy Football year round. Nothing better than that!!

Dapper Dan
05-28-2014, 10:08 AM
Redraft leagues are fun. I've been in one for 28yrs pretty much with the same guys.
However, you are missing out if you are not in a dynasty league. I've been on one for over ten yrs now and it is totally a blast. We just got done with our rookie draft. The guys on your team are your guys forever unless you drop or trade them.

I just started one in baseball. I'd like to do football

Jaws
05-29-2014, 04:33 AM

I love Dynasty leagues too.
We're into our 4th season in Dogfish's league now.
I started off well winning it (got lucky, was 4th seed), but it's been downhill since, but still fun.

Timmy!
05-29-2014, 05:52 AM
I'd like to take this opportunity to say my gf, (with me running the team, obviously) won $400 in her dtv work league, as a rookie. The swagger for a month was approaching epic levels.

Valar Morghulis
07-03-2014, 03:29 PM
I usually do my fantasy team on nfl.com
Is there a better one out there?

I have three teams thus far - my theme seems to be that I believe Toby Gerhardt and emmanuel sanders are going to have break out years

I will pick another couple after the first few pre season games.

Skinny
07-19-2014, 09:42 AM
My against conventional wisdom sleeper pick will be WR Jordan Matthews in the later rounds. A lot of question marks at Philly`s WR position with the loss of DJax and Avant in FA. Riley Cooper will man one position but i think the other is wide open. Matthews is a well rounded reciever who should see playing time early and often in Chip Kelley`s offense.

Valar Morghulis
07-19-2014, 09:50 AM
My against conventional wisdom sleeper pick will be WR Jordan Matthews in the later rounds. A lot of question marks at Philly`s WR position with the loss of DJax and Avant in FA. Riley Cooper will man one position but i think the other is wide open. Matthews is a well rounded reciever who should see playing time early and often in Chip Kelley`s offense.

Nice pick - although not a rookie as such, Lattimore, if recovery goes well could easily start to steal some carries from the aging Gore. I have picked him up in two of my leagues - "just in case"!

Skinny
07-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Nice pick - although not a rookie as such, Lattimore, if recovery goes well could easily start to steal some carries from the aging Gore. I have picked him up in two of my leagues - "just in case"!
Keeper leagues i take it? Nice move if so. I was offered him in a trade in a keeper league for some draft picks. But my RB situation is so grim in that league i need more help than a RB who will get a few touches a game will give me. I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger even as big as a Gamecock fan as i am. I'll take my chances in the draft and hope for the best.

atwater27
07-20-2014, 03:09 PM

I don't know enough people psychotic enough about football to do this. Sounds awesome though.