PDA

View Full Version : Secret Superstar: Malik Jackson

WARHORSE
05-23-2014, 02:14 AM
I can feel it. If this dude takes another step forward along with Wolfe, Potroast and Williams, then Von, Demarcus and the LBers are going to have a field day.

Pick your poison. The NFC West is definitely stuffed with the best defenses is the NFL.

If luck befalls us and Barrow can come in and start because he deserves it, then our defensive flexibility is going to be awesome and difficult to deal with.

If Raheem comes back in, shakes off the rust and picks up where he left off........shaka!

If we are a HEALTHY team by week six in the regular season, Broncos fans are going to get to watch some GREAT football being played at MILE HIGH.

Great read.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/22/secret-superstars-2014-denver-broncos/

Simple Jaded
05-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Iirc the Broncos forced a 3-and-out for minus yardage vs the Titans where Jackson made the play on all 3 downs. The 3rd down was a sack where Denver rushed only 3 defenders.

TXBRONC
05-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Iirc the Broncos forced a 3-and-out for minus yardage vs the Titans where Jackson made the play on all 3 downs. The 3rd down was a sack where Denver rushed only 3 defenders.

Jackson is very good rotational player who is very versatile.

WARHORSE
05-24-2014, 03:27 AM
Jackson is very good rotational player who is very versatile.

As hes getting more comfortable at the heavier weight, I think hes going to be more than that.

He may push for a starting spot......!

BroncoWave
05-24-2014, 07:27 AM
Being a little liberal with the word "superstar" I think.

Cugel
05-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Malik Jackson was a guy who really didn't look to be able to do much in the NFL and he's fought his way to the top of the heap. If he stays healthy, he's going to be an impact player this season. With the departure of both Ayers and Shaun Phillips he gets a chance to start. Certainly, he's going to be in the rotation both at LDE as well as DT. A lot will depend on whether Kevin Vickerson is completely healthy to start the season. If not, then Jackson & Pot-Roast.

NightTerror218
05-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Malik Jackson was a guy who really didn't look to be able to do much in the NFL and he's fought his way to the top of the heap. If he stays healthy, he's going to be an impact player this season. With the departure of both Ayers and Shaun Phillips he gets a chance to start. Certainly, he's going to be in the rotation both at LDE as well as DT. A lot will depend on whether Kevin Vickerson is completely healthy to start the season. If not, then Jackson & Pot-Roast.

If vick is not healthy it will be Williams no it Jackson starting. Wolfe and Ware will be DEs. He will rotate in a lot. Might get start if Wolfe is not 100%

WARHORSE
05-24-2014, 06:03 PM
Being a little liberal with the word "superstar" I think.

Pretty sure at this point.

How about 'secret'?

How they doin with that one?

:coffee:

Dzone
05-24-2014, 07:25 PM
I could see him being one of the main stars on that defense..Hes young, hungry and hasnt had a bunch of injuries. Big breakout season coming up

SWotRR
05-25-2014, 03:33 AM
I hope both Sly and Malik have breakout seasons but it might be to soon for Sly. Time will tell.

TXBRONC
05-25-2014, 10:11 AM
Pretty sure at this point.

How about 'secret'?

How they doin with that one?

:coffee:

I just don't know if superstart secret or can be used here. Jackson is a solid maybe even capable of 6-8 sacks yearly if he's playing full time even at that it wouldn't superstar status is the best term. Don't get me I'm glad Denver has him but superstar I don't know?

Dzone
05-25-2014, 01:58 PM
Always hoping that any Bronco suddenly gets labeled a superstar...the more, the better

NightTerror218
05-25-2014, 11:14 PM
I hope both Sly and Malik have breakout seasons but it might be to soon for Sly. Time will tell.

He started over malik and unrein after Vick was injured so it could happen. He stepped up well.

SWotRR
05-26-2014, 10:47 AM
IIRC, Malik and Sly started at the same time late in the year.