PDA

View Full Version : Broncos-Chargers 2008 Week 2 on NFL Network

7DnBrnc53
05-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Right now, NFL Network is showing that wild Week 2 game from 2008 between the Broncos and Chargers.

It's easy to forget that the Broncos would probably still have some of these players if things would have worked out differently that year.

BroncoBasil
05-17-2014, 11:12 AM
The defense was HORRIBLE! Embarrassing defense back then.

underrated29
05-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Hochuli game?

MOtorboat
05-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Hochuli game?

Yes.

The Cutler does everything he can to lose, but Hochuli won't let him game.

7DnBrnc53
05-17-2014, 04:44 PM
The defense was HORRIBLE! Embarrassing defense back then.

Tell me about it. I can't believe that most of those people were actually in the NFL for as long as they were.

Guys like Engleberger, Dewayne Robertson, Calvin Lowry, and Nate Webster never played again after this season, and they didn't deserve to.

Marquand Manuel, though, is another story. I can't believe that the lowly Lions took him in 2009. He was beyond horrible.

TXBRONC
05-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Charger fans still whine about this game as though Hochuli messed up on purpose. That's just stupid to think that.

Davii
05-17-2014, 06:51 PM
I was at that game. Bought a Royal jersey on my way out of the stadium.

Canmore
05-17-2014, 07:47 PM
I was at that game. Bought a Royal jersey on my way out of the stadium.

And why not!

FanInAZ
05-17-2014, 11:50 PM
Charger fans still whine about this game as though Hochuli messed up on purpose. That's just stupid to think that.

:Cry:

In '92, the umps stole a game from the Broncos & gave it to the Chargers. In the final minute of the game, with Elway driving to the winning TD, he tried to throw a pass to were only his receiver could catch it. The DB did intercept the ball, but he came down out of bounds. The ref said that he landed out of bounds because he was pushed out by our receiver, which under the rules back then would result in a/an reception/interception. However, the replay, clearly showed that our receiver barely touched him, but didn't do anything that would've effected were the DB came down with the ball. There were also no replay challenges back then, so it went down as an INT which ended any chance of us coming back to win.

Bottom line, every team has one stolen for them & against them from time to time. I'm sure there are other games in which fans of other teams will say that the refs stole a game from them & gave it to us. In '84, we had one stolen from us against the Seahawks when the ref ruled a catch & fumble when it should've been an incomplete. It happens, so get over it.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199210250sdg.htm

Simple Jaded
05-18-2014, 12:43 AM
I was watching that game, and as Cutler was throwing darts and the defense was giving up 3rd and long after 3rd and long I couldn't help but think "ya know what this team really needs? Matt Cassel and a long snapper."

7DnBrnc53
05-18-2014, 02:33 AM
:Cry:

In '92, the umps stole a game from the Broncos & gave it to the Chargers. In the final minute of the game, with Elway driving to the winning TD, he tried to throw a pass to were only his receiver could catch it. The DB did intercept the ball, but he came down out of bounds. The ref said that he landed out of bounds because he was pushed out by our receiver, which under the rules back then would result in a/an reception/interception. However, the replay, clearly showed that our receiver barely touched him, but didn't do anything that would've effected were the DB came down with the ball. There were also no replay challenges back then, so it went down as an INT which ended any chance of us coming back to win.

Bottom line, every team has one stolen for them & against them from time to time. I'm sure there are other games in which fans of other teams will say that the refs stole a game from them & gave it to us. In '84, we had one stolen from us against the Seahawks when the ref ruled a catch & fumble when it should've been an incomplete. It happens, so get over it.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199210250sdg.htm

I remember that Charger game. In our market, I didn't see it, but I remember watching the Blaylock INT that night on NFL Primetime, and I was thinking the same exact thing.

I was watching that game, and as Cutler was throwing darts and the defense was giving up 3rd and long after 3rd and long I couldn't help but think "ya know what this team really needs? Matt Cassel and a long snapper."

Yeah, I know. A QB that, before 08, hadn't started since high school was really going to cure the ills of our sorry defense.

On this one forum (Football's Future), there is a thread about Marino and Elway, and the people on there like to go on about how overrated Elway is. Even this one Bronco fan said that I was overrating him. I said that most people outside the forum have him top-5 all-time, so I am not the only one.

I also said something about how Brady must not be that great because, basically, a high school QB replaced him in 08, and still won 11 games in a tougher AFC East than it was the year before when they went undefeated.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-18-2014, 08:40 AM
LT getting hurt that game was the worst thing that could have happened to us. He was great, but on THAT day, Sproles abused us.

MOtorboat
05-18-2014, 10:56 AM
NFLN is playing the Steelers-Cardinals Super Bowl now. That was one hell of a game.

Shazam!
05-18-2014, 11:05 AM
A Broncos era I do not need to be reminded of.