PDA

View Full Version : New policy will change pot discipline

Denver Native (Carol)
05-14-2014, 04:26 PM
It would be too late to help Josh Gordon, Will Hill or anyone else in danger of a lengthy suspension for violations of current rules. But when and if the NFL's new drug policy is finalized and announced, it will include changes specific to marijuana and other drugs of abuse.

A source told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the renegotiation of the drug policy, which has been going on since 2011 and includes testing for human growth hormone, also will significantly increase the threshold for a positive marijuana test and reduce the punishments for violations involving that drug.

The source said the NFL's policy on marijuana is outdated, pointing out that the World Anti-Doping Agency has a higher threshold for a positive test than the NFL currently does.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10927282/renegotiation-nfl-drug-policy-reduce-marijuana-punishments

OB
05-14-2014, 04:55 PM
:congrats: :congrats: Its about time (but dont jump the gun yet Von)

ShaneFalco
05-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Von is smiling somewhere in the mile high city. Ready to get his blunt on.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Von is smiling somewhere in the mile high city. Ready to get his blunt on.

Hopefully Von has grown up

dogfish
05-14-2014, 05:49 PM
too bad it's too late to help von's dumb ass. . .

Dzone
05-14-2014, 06:42 PM
There is no scientifically valid test for HGH. But it is politically correct to test for it anyway. HGH testing is only good for 24-48 hours post injection.
http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing-news/usa-boxing-news/drug-testing-for-hgh-scientifically-valid-or-just-politically-correct

honz
05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Who's down to smoke a blunt to this announcement?

Simple Jaded
05-14-2014, 09:41 PM
Oh happy days, LordFalcoChronChron, whoot whoot.

I know a dude that was the biggest ******* pothead who started a construction business and was making bank, he let it go to shit so he could lay in his ass and sell weed, before it was legal. Even had his kids delivering to "customers".

Long/short, he's now a millionaire and making the rounds on 60 Minutes and such, they're calling them the "First Family of Weed" or some shit. His mom is super religious and totally against weed, now she's their accountant.

Smmffh.

ShaneFalco
05-14-2014, 09:54 PM
word?

OB
05-14-2014, 10:04 PM

I know a dude that was the biggest ******* pothead who started a construction business and was making bank, he let it go to shit so he could lay in his ass and sell weed, before it was legal. Even had his kids delivering to "customers".

Long/short, he's now a millionaire and making the rounds on 60 Minutes and such, they're calling them the "First Family of Weed" or some shit. His mom is super religious and totally against weed, now she's their accountant.

Smmffh.

If you can be one of the first to open a dispensary once your state goes legal (and I think in 20 years when all the people who were brainwashed by the propaganda have died off, every state will be legal) - you are going to bank big time. I'm sure it's like all business tho - getting the license will be a bunch of political BS designed around who you know or who you blow.

ShaneFalco
05-14-2014, 10:26 PM
actually me and my buddy are going through the licensing process right now :)

Davii
05-14-2014, 10:54 PM
actually me and my buddy are going through the licensing process right now :)

Pretty easy process?

Dzone
05-15-2014, 02:51 AM
He said the NFL is going to raise the threshold for pot. What does that mean? Are they Going to allow some thc in the blood?

Ya, this is a good time in America to open a pot shop. I hope you do it SFO.

Whats the percentage of players in the NFL who are smoking pot? I heard 40% thrown around. Would expect that percentage to go up if they allow some pot smoking or eating cannabis

ShaneFalco
05-15-2014, 03:04 AM
Pretty easy process?

really expensive and no. We have to build up some more funding for the required security system. Then some guy from the city comes and checks everything. Been a 4 month process so far.

MasterShake
05-15-2014, 08:22 AM
Pretty easy process?

I help run the websites for the City and County of Denver. We got so many calls on the issue that we had to dedicate quite a few pages to the new marijuana laws. Here is the policies and process for retail marijuana distribution along with some other information:

http://www.denvergov.org/businesslicensing/DenverBusinessLicensingCenter/RetailMarijuana/tabid/445028/Default.aspx

The big fight right now in City Council is to get the money secured because the banks technically can't take money from the businesses right now. As you can see, dealing with such a high profile cash business opens you up for roberry so they are pushing through a plan right now so that businesses can actually keep their money in the bank and neither party will be penalized.

Davii
05-15-2014, 10:23 AM
really expensive and no. We have to build up some more funding for the required security system. Then some guy from the city comes and checks everything. Been a 4 month process so far.

Best of luck man, hopefully it works out for you all

OB
05-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Same here Shane - if you get one open and I get back to Denver I will frequent your establishment for sure

Davii
05-15-2014, 11:14 PM

Any idea what you're naming it yet? I hope you have some cool name picked out. Mile High High... 5280 420

Simple Jaded
05-15-2014, 11:18 PM
Of course we're getting a free sample, right Chron?

sneakers
05-15-2014, 11:19 PM
Enjoy being 16 forever!

Davii
05-15-2014, 11:35 PM
"I was gonna name my shop, then I got high"

Timmy!
05-16-2014, 04:47 AM
Enjoy being 16 forever!

Who wouldn't?

OB
05-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Enjoy being 16 forever!

says the person with the user name of "sneakers" ;)

sneakers
05-18-2014, 06:49 AM
says the person with the user name of "sneakers" ;)

sneakers was the name of my childhood cat

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/205790_5450552018_3437_n.jpg

Dzone
05-18-2014, 07:18 AM
Enjoy being 16 forever!
Bad acne and lack of self confidence=misery
No thanks

Simple Jaded
05-18-2014, 11:38 PM
"I think we legalize marihuana in this country, just so potheads have nothing to talk about ever again. Come on, it does get a little annoying doesn't it?

-"Hey you wanna get high?
-"No"
-"why?"
-"cause I'm not in the 7th grade and I have things to do"

Cugel
05-19-2014, 12:27 PM

Smmffh.

Friend of mine, biggest stoner I ever met, is a computer programmer living in Houston. He's successful and pretty well adjusted family man. Basically, for all the "killer weed" stuff you hear about from the anti-drugs people, every stoner I grew up with in my old home town is now a banker or lawyer, or graphic artist or programmer, or something. Basically, you're talking about the upper middle class of people. Doesn't seem to have slowed them down.

The NFL needs to get off the "Demon Weed" kick. Pot became illegal because of a racist campaign in the 30's which portrayed it as the drug of dangerous black people who would get high and terrorize white women. It was further stigmatized as the drug of "hippies" back in the 60s. Well, it's been quite a while since the hippie movement went the way of the Dodo, you don't see to many actual "hippies" around these days. Yet the stereotypes remain. Now a new generation is growing up who aren't as prejudiced as their elders and it's a good thing to see.

Pot is going to be legal in a majority of the 50 states before this decade is out. If you've been paying attention to the movements via initiatives and in state legislatures you know it's going to happen, whatever the dinosaurs running the DEA may want. California is going to pass reform soon. It's already basically legal there if you have an easily obtained medical license; you can grow your own up to 1 kilo a year.

Maybe it's time to get some rationality even in the closed world of the NFL.

ShaneFalco
05-19-2014, 05:56 PM
Any idea what you're naming it yet? I hope you have some cool name picked out. Mile High High... 5280 420

Ron Paul Weed Shop

joking :)

Ill let you guys know as soon as we find out if we are approved.

Wow i should have renamed to that instead of ShaneFalco.

ShaneFalco
05-19-2014, 05:59 PM
sneakers was the name of my childhood cat

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/205790_5450552018_3437_n.jpg

ROfl.

MasterShake
05-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Ron Paul Weed Shop

joking :)

Ill let you guys know as soon as we find out if we are approved.

Wow i should have renamed to that instead of ShaneFalco.

When is your hearing date with the city's Excise and License department? That will come before your inspection. Unless you are talking about a different approval.