PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Draft Question

7DnBrnc53
05-13-2014, 12:10 AM
Two years ago, Denver took Brock Osweiler in the second round to be the so-called "QB of the Future". In my opinion, that pick was necessary to a degree because we didn't really know how things would work out with Peyton.

Now, two years later, it looks like Peyton may play two more years, and Osweiler may not stay around.

So, when we are picking at the end of the first round next year (Hopefully 32nd, Lord willing), Do any of you think that Elway maybe tries to trade up to the mid first round and draft a QB like Brett Hundley?

NightTerror218
05-13-2014, 12:18 AM
Two years ago, Denver took Brock Osweiler in the second round to be the so-called "QB of the Future". In my opinion, that pick was necessary to a degree because we didn't really know how things would work out with Peyton.

Now, two years later, it looks like Peyton may play two more years, and Osweiler may not stay around.

So, when we are picking at the end of the first round next year (Hopefully 32nd, Lord willing), Do any of you think that Elway maybe tries to trade up to the mid first round and draft a QB like Brett Hundley?

No. He loved Oz and wanted Oz from the start. He has his man grooming behind the best. Why let him go after putting in that much time. Makes no sense, and why would Oz not stay around? I honestly think this is Manning's last year IMO.

tripp
05-13-2014, 12:25 AM
I don't see why Oz would leave and I don't see why the Broncos would let him leave. Learning the ins and outs to becoming a successful QB in this league from none other than Peyton Manning is probably the luckiest thing to happen to any young QB in this league's history. Let's just hope Oz is realizing this opportunity and is taking full advantage of it, because before he knows it, he will be the man taking snaps and there won't be many excuses after holding the clip board for 4 or so years.

SoCalImport
05-13-2014, 12:55 AM
Gotta be at least a little enthused by what Knapp has to say here

"He's intrinsically motivated," said Broncos quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp. "He has shown all the qualities you like to see as a starter in this league. With the way he prepares. When he's quizzed in the classroom or on the field on the progressions or reads, he is always on top of it. He asks questions that are well thought out.

"And then I saw great progress physically on his mechanics in tightening up his drop and his footwork. He has shown all the signs. You never know until a guy plays, but he has shown everything for us to believe he's on track to becoming a starting NFL quarterback."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25747237/broncos-brock-osweiler-set-graduate-from-arizona-state

Hawgdriver
05-13-2014, 04:56 AM
:lol:

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/31925086

sneakers
05-13-2014, 06:05 AM
why would he leave? and who would take him unless they were forming a circus and needed a giraffe?

Skinny
05-13-2014, 06:36 AM
Bud Dupree, in two fifteen.

CoachChaz
05-13-2014, 08:44 AM
I think Oz has to at least get a shot and we go from there. Let him prove himself for at least a year

LTC Pain
05-13-2014, 08:48 AM

How are you arriving at "Osweiler may not stay around"??? Other than pulling it out of your rectum. There have been zero indications that Oz wants out of Denver.

Buff
05-13-2014, 10:16 AM
I don't think Brock Osweiler is the QB of the future. And I still think this might be Manning's last year. So a QB next year would not shock me.

CoachChaz
05-13-2014, 10:39 AM
I don't think Brock Osweiler is the QB of the future. And I still think this might be Manning's last year. So a QB next year would not shock me.

Based on........

Buff
05-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Based on........

A couple of brief preseason appearances and regular season mop-up duty. And the fact that he's big and lumbering and I think the position increasingly requires more quickness.

I'd love to be wrong and very well may be.

Northman
05-13-2014, 11:34 AM
FFS,

If the team was willing to give a project like Tebow a look does anyone really think they will just release Oz when he hasnt even had the chance to play a few games? I mean really? People cannot be this ******* stupid.

Skinny
05-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Isn't everything going according to plan when we selected Brock? To sit, learn, and be groomed behind Peyton to eventually take over the reigns when PFM steps down?

I may be in the minority here but i've never expected Brock to come in in the limited time that he has and play like his hair was on fire from the first snap and light it up to show he's the next great thing.

Ziggy
05-13-2014, 02:34 PM
The problem with Oz is that no one knows his value when he becomes a free agent because he won't have any real playing time barring a Manning injury. A team could roll the dice and give him a decent contract, but I don't see anyone rolling out the red carpet for an unproven QB. I think Manning plays at least 2 more years, but I have nothing but a hunch to base that on. In the meantime, Oz's contract will expire and the games should begin at that point. A QB desperate team may want to give him an incentive laden contract to compete for a starting job. If Manning is coming back the next season, he may want to move on for the opportunity to become a starting QB that he wouldn't have in Denver that season.

So could Elway spend a draft pick on a QB in the next draft? Absolutely. I don't see him trading up for a high first rounder though.

7DnBrnc53
05-13-2014, 11:05 PM
How are you arriving at "Osweiler may not stay around"??? Other than pulling it out of your rectum. There have been zero indications that Oz wants out of Denver.

He will be a FA in a few years. I am not saying that he wants to leave, but who knows what will happen when the rubber meets the road.

Simple Jaded
05-13-2014, 11:55 PM
I think they figure out a way to make the transition, I think the offense looks entirely different afterwards. I just hope it isn't Greg Knapp running the offense by then.

Btw, the #1 pick in '15 better be a MLB before shit gets ugly.

OrangeHoof
05-14-2014, 06:49 AM

In one word, "No".

In two words, "Hailllll No".

chazoe60
05-14-2014, 07:27 AM
A couple of brief preseason appearances and regular season mop-up duty. And the fact that he's big and lumbering and I think the position increasingly requires more quickness.

I'd love to be wrong and very well may be.
I think he's much more athletic and nimble than you give him credit for.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-14-2014, 10:18 AM

Yes he is, he ran a 4.6 at the combine. He could have played basketball at Gonzaga if he wanted to. He is a much better athlete than people realize because we haven't seen him play much.

silkamilkamonico
05-14-2014, 11:54 AM

Yes he is, he ran a 4.6 at the combine. He could have played basketball at Gonzaga if he wanted to. He is a much better athlete than people realize because we haven't seen him play much.

Not to mention - when he does actually play they are running a much more controlled offense just to see how he protects the ball - they don't let him throw downfield or open the passing game open for him.

They are bringing him alone accordingly. I dont think well know either way with him until he starts legitimately battling for the qb spot when manning is gone.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Not to mention - when he does actually play they are running a much more controlled offense just to see how he protects the ball - they don't let him throw downfield or open the passing game open for him.

They are bringing him alone accordingly. I dont think well know either way with him until he starts legitimately battling for the qb spot when manning is gone.

I gotta admit, his tangibles excite me....dude has a cannon for an arm, he's strong and mobile.

Buff
05-14-2014, 05:39 PM

Oh, well nevermind then, I guess that settles it.