PDA

View Full Version : Latimer vs Roby

WARHORSE
05-10-2014, 06:39 PM
Latimers QB has a lot to be desired. Heres some heads up plays between the two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1o08uMcVbY

Dzone
05-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Great highlight film for both of those guys. Both are not afraid to hit hard. Both are great athletes

Bosco
05-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Neither one of these guys impress me. They are the quintessential "get by with superior physical talent" types that tend to flame in the NFL where talent margins are much tighter.

WARHORSE
05-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Neither one of these guys impress me. They are the quintessential "get by with superior physical talent" types that tend to flame in the NFL where talent margins are much tighter.

I disagree. They no doubt have superior talent but they are also very young. They havent even fully matured yet as ballers. One thing I see is effort, so Im good.

Good talent with good effort usually means someone is going to help our team.

Latimers blocking in all the tape Ive seen has been top notch, that in and of itself can help us if someone goes down.

Roby plays zone and man, and is not afraid to mix it up with big boys. Both have SPEED.

I dont see Champ Bailey and DT but they have a ways to go.

Look at the tape of Brandon Marshall and DT and you wont see anything much different than you see out of Latimer right now.

Roby is fluid and if hes a competitor, which on film he seems to show himself to be, then he'll be fine.

Watch alot more games of these guys not just this vid.

Look at these two and tell me why Latimer is so much different at that point in their careers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nDhGrYAx5g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqSAqtWmXuM

TXBRONC
05-10-2014, 10:30 PM
I disagree. They no doubt have superior talent but they are also very young. They havent even fully matured yet as ballers. One thing I see is effort, so Im good.

Good talent with good effort usually means someone is going to help our team.

Latimers blocking in all the tape Ive seen has been top notch, that in and of itself can help us if someone goes down.

Roby plays zone and man, and is not afraid to mix it up with big boys. Both have SPEED.

I dont see Champ Bailey and DT but they have a ways to go.

Look at the tape of Brandon Marshall and DT and you wont see anything much different than you see out of Latimer right now.

Roby is fluid and if hes a competitor, which on film he seems to show himself to be, then he'll be fine.

Watch alot more games of these guys not just this vid.

Look at these two and tell me why Latimer is so much different at that point in their careers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nDhGrYAx5g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqSAqtWmXuM

They're good picks and both have the potential to turn into solid players.

CoachChaz
05-11-2014, 08:42 AM

A lot like DT, who ONLY ever blocked at GT and didn't even know a route tree.

Jsteve01
05-11-2014, 04:15 PM

A lot like DT, who ONLY ever blocked at GT and didn't even know a route tree.don't feed the trolls. Mayock said roby had as good technique as anyone in the draft. And we know Larimer is a worker. Guess bosco would rather have a roster of john Engelbergers

TXBRONC
05-11-2014, 04:20 PM
don't feed the trolls. Mayock said roby had as good technique as anyone in the draft. And we know Larimer is a worker. Guess bosco would rather have a roster of john Engelbergers

Mayock said Roby has had problems locating the ball at times. He use the Wisconsin game as the example.

If Engelberger was drafted by McDaniels then yes Bosco would be all over it like it was the best ever.

Bosco
05-11-2014, 06:38 PM
A lot like DT, who ONLY ever blocked at GT and didn't even know a route tree.

Wrong. Demaryius spent two years (2006 & 2007) in Chan Gailey's Erhardt-Perkins offense (the same base for McDaniels' and subsequently McCoy's and Gase's offenses) before Paul Johnson took over and installed the triple option.

If you're gonna call me out, at least try to have your basic facts straight first, okay?

Your little error aside, that would further support my side. When McDaniels drafted DT, we already have a very good X receiver on the roster and could afford to let DT take it slow and learn for a year. The current Broncos are Super Bowl contenders with a short window to win NOW.

There were better options for available for a team in a win now mode. I've held back complaining about the pick too much because there are pretty credible reports that we actively tried to move up for Mosley.

If Engelberger was drafted by McDaniels then yes Bosco would be all over it like it was the best ever.

I was a fan of the Engleberger acquisition under Shanahan. Your logic (boy, isn't that an oxymoron?) fails again.

TXBRONC
05-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Wrong. Demaryius spent two years (2006 & 2007) in Chan Gailey's Erhardt-Perkins offense (the same base for McDaniels' and subsequently McCoy's and Gase's offenses) before Paul Johnson took over and installed the triple option.

If you're gonna call me out, at least try to have your basic facts straight first, okay?

Your little error aside, that would further support my side. When McDaniels drafted DT, we already have a very good X receiver on the roster and could afford to let DT take it slow and learn for a year. The current Broncos are Super Bowl contenders with a short window to win NOW.

There were better options for available for a team in a win now mode. I've held back complaining about the pick too much because there are pretty credible reports that we actively tried to move up for Mosley.

I was a fan of the Engleberger acquisition under Shanahan. Your logic (boy, isn't that an oxymoron?) fails again.

Nah you're just a troll. Besides that troll you weren't even here when Engleberger was on the team. :wave:

Simple Jaded
05-11-2014, 06:51 PM
The Butthurt is strong with this one!

Bosco
05-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Nah you're just a troll. Besides that troll you weren't even here when Engleberger was on the team. :wave:

Routinely taking you to school doesn't make me a troll. Nor do I become a troll by proxy because you don't like what I have to say.

In my ever fruitless attempt to educate you, please take a second to read some well established definitions of "troll".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

And while I wasn't on this forum when Engleberger was here, I fail to see how that impacts my support of acquiring him. Or are you saying the only valid Bronco related opinions are formed by people on this forum?

Bosco
05-11-2014, 06:53 PM
The Butthurt is strong with this one!

TX gets very butt hurt when I come around. It's amusing and sad all at the same time.

TXBRONC
05-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Routinely taking you to school doesn't make me a troll. Nor do I become a troll by proxy because you don't like what I have to say.

In my ever fruitless attempt to educate you, please take a second to read some well established definitions of "troll".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

And while I wasn't on this forum when Engleberger was here, I fail to see how that impacts my support of acquiring him. Or are you saying the only valid Bronco related opinions are formed by people on this forum?

You really are stupid. You fit the definition of troll.

Bosco
05-11-2014, 07:02 PM
You really are stupid. You fit the definition of troll.

And that, my friends, is TX sounding the horns of tactical retreat.

TXBRONC
05-11-2014, 07:04 PM
And that, my friends, is TX sounding the horns of tactical retreat.

Ah no.

Simple Jaded
05-11-2014, 07:07 PM
I'll give you this, John Engelbrger is the complete opposite of a player that skates by on athletic ability.

TXBRONC
05-11-2014, 07:09 PM
TX gets very butt hurt when I come around. It's amusing and sad all at the same time.

:lol: You either need a crowbar or window inserted into your abdomen.

TXBRONC
05-11-2014, 07:10 PM
I'll give you this, John Engelbrger is the complete opposite of a player that skates by on athletic ability.

He was a hard worker. He wasn't a great player but he bust his hump.

Simple Jaded
05-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Sorry TX but Engleberger sucked, he sucked before he came to Denver, which makes his extended Broncos tenure even more confounding.

TXBRONC
05-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Sorry TX but Engleberger sucked, he sucked before he came to Denver, which makes his extended Broncos tenure even more confounding.

I thought he was ok as depth player but by no means was he the kind of player wanted a lot of snaps. I would rather have an overachiever than choosing a guy with 18th overall pick in the draft and he's turns out to be a bust.

Simple Jaded
05-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Btw, DT played 13 games in that vaunted Erhardt-Perkins piece of shit, racked up a whopping 550-and-some-change yards. So let's not pretend he hit the NFL running anything close to an NFL route tree.

TXBRONC
05-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Btw, DT played 13 games in that vaunted Erhardt-Perkins piece of shit, racked up a whopping 550-and-some-change yards. So let's not pretend he hit the NFL running anything close to an NFL route tree.

Thomas redshirted his freshman year which in Bosco's mind means that Thomas got as many reps as the kids that were going to actually play on Saturday afternoon.

One other thing, Thomas knew so much about that style of offense that McDaniels used him primarily as a kick returner his rookie season.

Bosco
05-11-2014, 09:55 PM

That's a full college season plus one on top of his redshirt year.

Thomas redshirted his freshman year Which means they practice with the team.

which in Bosco's mind means that Thomas got as many reps as the kids that were going to actually play on Saturday afternoon. Straw-man.

One other thing, Thomas knew so much about that style of offense that McDaniels used him primarily as a kick returner his rookie season. Thomas went 8-97-1 in his very first game with us. He also played beyond some guy named Brandon Lloyd who--if you recall--led the league in receiving yards.

Simple Jaded
05-11-2014, 10:32 PM
DT was green as grass when Denver drafted him, apparently that redshirt season did little more than two seasons under Johnson. I'm not sure how this is even remotely debatable.

TXBRONC
05-11-2014, 11:26 PM
DT was green as grass when Denver drafted him, apparently that redshirt season did little more than two seasons under Johnson. I'm not sure how this is even remotely debatable.

It's not debatable.

Simple Jaded
05-11-2014, 11:39 PM
It's not debatable.

It's a good thing the Broncos finally got DT a QB and some NFL coaching.

TXBRONC
05-12-2014, 12:14 AM
It's a good thing the Broncos finally got DT a QB and some NFL coaching.

Agreed.

MOtorboat
05-12-2014, 12:18 AM
Um, DT's first game was 8 receptions, 97 yards and a touchdown.

:whoknows:

TXBRONC
05-12-2014, 12:28 AM

And he did what the rest of the season?

MOtorboat
05-12-2014, 12:30 AM
And he did what the rest of the season?

Right. You were wrong.

Anyway, he was injured. Hard to get the panties in a bunch over that. He's now a Top 5 wide receiver in the entire league. The problem with him is?

TXBRONC
05-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Right. You were wrong.

Anyway, he was injured. Hard to get the panties in a bunch over that. He's now a Top 5 wide receiver in the entire league. The problem with him is?

Wrong about what? It was still one just game.

Simple Jaded
05-12-2014, 02:10 AM

Musta been that redshirt season five years before that.

WARHORSE
05-12-2014, 03:55 AM

Thats a good call on the offense in 2006/7 for DT but he didnt have a catch in 2006 and only 35 in 2007. Not sure that qualifies as much for a first year player. Even the following seasons it wasnt like DT was amazing everyone.

If we look at stats, clearly Latimer takes the cake, and yet his QB is pitiful.

All im saying is that simply from viewing college tape, they are very similar. DT has a little more explosion imo, but only a little. Latimer goes up and plucks the ball out of the air. That to me is huge and a big plus.

Not sure on the X receiver youre talking about when McDummy drafted DT, Marshall was shipped for a couple of second rounders. BUT, Latimer is clearly in a situation where he can learn from some VERY accomplished WRs.

DT was fighting injury his first year and second. But Im hoping Latimer under the tutiledge of Peyton, Welker and DT will flourish.

I dont see any other player that we could have picked that I could say for sure he will come in and start for us on day one. I cant say that about Latimer either, but he IS I believe first round talent and so Im stoked about his selection.

TXBRONC
05-12-2014, 06:41 AM
Thats a good call on the offense in 2006/7 for DT but he didnt have a catch in 2006 and only 35 in 2007. Not sure that qualifies as much for a first year player. Even the following seasons it wasnt like DT was amazing everyone.

If we look at stats, clearly Latimer takes the cake, and yet his QB is pitiful.

All im saying is that simply from viewing college tape, they are very similar. DT has a little more explosion imo, but only a little. Latimer goes up and plucks the ball out of the air. That to me is huge and a big plus.

Not sure on the X receiver youre talking about when McDummy drafted DT, Marshall was shipped for a couple of second rounders. BUT, Latimer is clearly in a situation where he can learn from some VERY accomplished WRs.

DT was fighting injury his first year and second. But Im hoping Latimer under the tutiledge of Peyton, Welker and DT will flourish.

I dont see any other player that we could have picked that I could say for sure he will come in and start for us on day one. I cant say that about Latimer either, but he IS I believe first round talent and so Im stoked about his selection.

He didn't have a catch in '06 because he was redshirted. He got to practice with team but I doubt he got the kind of reps that any player that was going to play on Saturday was going to get.