PDA

View Full Version : Draft- Best of the Rest- Day 2

Ziggy
05-09-2014, 12:42 AM
There's a ton of talent left going into day 2. It will be a while before the Broncos pick, but I see first round talent still sitting on the board at the end of day 1. Here's some of the top players going into rounds 2 and 3. Most of these names should be off of the board by the end of round 3. This is just a quick guide for some of those who don't follow the draft closely beforehand. I'm sure that I've forgotten some, but this is a decent rough draft.

QB
Derek Carr
Jimmy Garoppolo

RB
(None taken in the first)
Carlos Hyde
Bishop Sankey
Jeremy Hill

OT
Cyrus Kouandijo
Joe Bitonio
Morgan Moses
Antonio Richardson

G
Xavier Sua-Filo
David Yankee
Gabe Jackson

C
Marcus Martin
Weston Richburg
Travis Swanson

TE
Ace Amaro
Austin Saferian-Jenkins

WR
Marqise Lee
Cody Latimer
Allen Robinson
Davante Adams
Jordan Matthews
Donte Moncreif

DT
Louis Nix
Ra'Shede Hageman
Timmy Jernigan

DE
Kony Ealy
Scott Crichton
Stephon Tuitt

OLB
Jeremiah Attaochu
Kyle Van Noy
Trent Murphey
Demarcus Lawrence
Jordan Tripp

ILB
Chris Boreland
Carl Bradford
Christian Jones
Yawin Smallwood
Lamin Barrow
Shane Skov

CB
Keith McGill
Stanley Jean Baptiste
LaMarcus Joyner
Phillip Gaines

S
Terrence Brooks
Brock Vereen
Marqueston Huff

MOtorboat
05-09-2014, 12:47 AM
With Moreno gone, and the first time it really hit me was when they talked about it on ESPN, I want a RB.

broncohead
05-09-2014, 02:23 AM
I'd really like to see WRs Moncreif, Robinson, or center Martin. Not sure either WR make it

VonDoom
05-09-2014, 07:16 AM
I'm surprised you don't have Telvin Smith on there. A little small for a LB, IMO, but could work for us if he's still there. I'm thinking LB or WR for this round, but this is when things really start to get fun. Day 2 is probably my favorite draft day.

Northman
05-09-2014, 07:39 AM
Christian Jones

chazoe60
05-09-2014, 08:15 AM
A MLB please!

TXBRONC
05-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Boreland or Jones would be great. I also wouldn't mind getting Jernigan.

Traveler
05-09-2014, 08:50 AM
A MLB please!

I don't see a MLB in 2nd I really like. Maybe Brown in the 3rd. WR or RT in 2nd. Moncrief or Tiny Richardson is who I'd like to see.

CoachChaz
05-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Would love to see Jordan Matthews fall

TXBRONC
05-09-2014, 08:58 AM
So what do you all think about Denver's first round of Bradley Roby?

CoachChaz
05-09-2014, 09:00 AM
So what do you all think about Denver's first round of Bradley Roby?

Definition of "wait and see". In 2-3 years we could look back and say he was the best CB from this draft. If he doesnt get more disciplined with his play, he could be a dime corner.

underrated29
05-09-2014, 09:35 AM
No Paul dessier?

I suspect we go offense in rd 2. Be it G or RT or WR that's where I see the broncos going. I'd rather take davante Adams then moncrief.

As for roby, I mocked him to us a few weeks ago before I changed to shazier. Roby scares the piss out of me because he is not proven. One good year and one bad year. But the guy has all the skills. Being who was left on the board at the time he was IMO the right pick for sure.

CoachChaz
05-09-2014, 09:57 AM
Everyone seems to come up with a mid round white guy to replace Decker, but if we're looking for someone that truly has a similar skill set to Decker, then Jordan Matthews is the one to look at. Unfortunately for some...he's black.

OrangeHoof
05-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Did Tre Mason fall off a truck? The Auburn tailback is, IMO, the only RB worthy of a second-round grade. You and Kiper don't even list him. Everyone forget how he played in the National Championship game?

But, for a second-rounder, I want ILB, OG or a replacement for Ayers now that CB has been addressed.

VonDoom
05-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Did Tre Mason fall off a truck? The Auburn tailback is, IMO, the only RB worthy of a second-round grade. You and Kiper don't even list him. Everyone forget how he played in the National Championship game?

But, for a second-rounder, I want ILB, OG or a replacement for Ayers now that CB has been addressed.

I'm hoping that the lack of buzz around Mason means that he's there in the 3rd or something, because he would probably be my top RB to take. I do think we have more pressing needs next, but man, he would be awesome here.

LTC Pain
05-09-2014, 11:22 AM

I think we go OG, WR or ILB at #62.

G_Money
05-09-2014, 11:28 AM
I expected CB and OL in the first two rounds. We're still on track for that. I don't love Roby, but I do love his talent. I just prefer high-motor, smart players wherever possible. Roby's not dumb, he just plays that way on TV sometimes. If he's teachable, he could have greatness in him. Fingers crossed.

I would love Moncrief with our 3rd, but he shouldn't get there. If he does, TAKE HIM. However, these next two picks should BOTH be starter-capable. It's a draft where that's possible. Make it so.

~G

DenBronx
05-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Im really not excited about any ILBs on day 2.

slim
05-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Borland

NightTerror218
05-09-2014, 05:26 PM
I doubt a RB. They have 3 and their #1 in Ball. I think OL or ILB. WR if none are worthy.

tomjonesrocks
05-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Borland

Another small LB they'd need to replace next year.

Ziggy
05-09-2014, 05:40 PM

He's 5'11, 248. Short, maybe. Small? Not even close.

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/columns/extra_points/borland_chris700x380.jpg

slim
05-09-2014, 05:55 PM

He is basically the same size as Al Wilson.

OrangeHoof
05-09-2014, 08:54 PM
He's 5'11, 248. Short, maybe. Small? Not even close.

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/columns/extra_points/borland_chris700x380.jpg

And fixing to be as bald as Nitschke judging by the hair line.

CoachChaz
05-10-2014, 09:03 AM
With screws in one shoulder and pending surgery on the other one

Ravage!!!
05-10-2014, 09:49 AM

Yeah.. the shoulders are what worry me. But, we are getting to the point in the draft that you can take chances on players because the investment is pretty small.

CoachChaz
05-10-2014, 05:33 PM

Yeah.. the shoulders are what worry me. But, we are getting to the point in the draft that you can take chances on players because the investment is pretty small.

But he went in the 3rd. Maybe SF feels they can afford the risk