PDA

View Full Version : Room with view of NFL draft awaiting Denver Broncos brass

Denver Native (Carol)
05-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Johnny Manziel will be in the Broncos' draft room Thursday.

John Elway and John Fox will be in there too. They will be sitting in chairs at a large conference table. The third John, more universally known as Johnny Football, will have his name listed on the Broncos' draft board, presumably near the top.

"Everybody in the top 100 will be on that board. Whether we can get to them or not, they'll be there," Elway, the Broncos' general manager, said last week. "It's kind of a new thing for us."

When the three-day NFL draft begins Thursday with first-round selections, Elway will be in charge of the Broncos' plans. Others in the draft room will include top personnel assistants Matt Russell and Tom Heckert and his top scouting directors, Adam Peters and Lenny McGill.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25693426/room-view-nfl-draft-awaiting-denver-broncos-brass

Simple Jaded
05-04-2014, 08:12 PM
I don't know what's more unsettling, that Manziel is on Denver's board or that he's apparently somewhere in their Top 100. So, not only would they draft him, but they'd spend a 3rd round pick on him.

tripp
05-04-2014, 10:09 PM
I think I'd gamble with our 3rd, especially since ours is a late 3rd rd pick. Though I don't think he'll be available in the draft long enough for him to become available to us. One of my issues concerning him was his size. RG3 is a prime example of a dual threat QB injured because he's a small dude taking big hits.

Davii
05-04-2014, 10:37 PM
I don't know what's more unsettling, that Manziel is on Denver's board or that he's apparently somewhere in their Top 100. So, not only would they draft him, but they'd spend a 3rd round pick on him.

I don't think it means they'd draft him. I think it means they vote him as one of the top 100 in the draft, whether they're interested in him or not.

It makes sense. They should have everyone ranked, interested or not.

Simple Jaded
05-04-2014, 11:30 PM
I don't think it means they'd draft him. I think it means they vote him as one of the top 100 in the draft, whether they're interested in him or not.

It makes sense. They should have everyone ranked, interested or not.
I hear ya.

They won't draft cause they don't need him, doesn't change the fact that they may have ranked him Top 100.

CoachChaz
05-05-2014, 09:34 AM
I know anything I say about Manziel is always going to be assumed to be bias, but putting that aside...I dont understand why he wouldnt be ranked as a top prospect. He doesnt have ideal size and based on that everyone wants to compare him to RG3 and assume he'll be injured all the time. I guess it's easy to forget that Russell Wilson is actually smaller...but he's durable enough to win a Super Bowl.

At the end of the day, people base everything on what the media says about the kid. Was he perfect example in college? No. Was he the monster he was portrayed to be? Definitely not. At the end of the day, he put up 10,000 yards of offense and just under 100 TD's in 2 years of play in the SEC. He's looked great at private sessions, pro-day and anything else teams have put him through. To say he isnt a top prospect based solely on a reason that other players have succeeded with is pure personal dislike for the guy.

That being said...no one can guarantee his success. We ALL know that has everything to do with where you end up. So, if he goes to Oakland, or Cleveland or some black hole like that, it'll be easy for the naysayers to look back and throw out the proverbial "I told you so". Put him with an organization that has a clue and see what happens then. Otherwise, everything else is speculation and blind dislike for the guy