PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Exacta

Shazam!
09-15-2009, 01:08 AM
I can't recall Denver having both Ohio teams, Cincy and Cleveland in back-to-back weeks. Anyone else?

My favorite of those kinds of back-to-back week games was when Denver hosted the NYJ and the NYG in consecutive weeks in November 1992 and kicked the shit out of both teams (27-13 and 28-14 I think). I got to watch two games in a row and my friends got sick of me talking all that trash. Against the NYG, I remember Jeff Hostetler going out on a stretcher after being abused all game. Unfortunately Elway got hurt too and their went our dreams of a Playoff push and rematch with Buffalo... but that was indeed a high of the season. Oh well.

My point is, I expect a good game in Denver's home opener and the Broncos will build from their thrilling win. Orton should be close to 100% and his hand healed. Denver hasn't been well at home for awhile, and hopefully McDaniels will have them prepared, motivated, and the best fans of the NFL will help our Boys cruise to a win.

Maybe the Browns defense can be run on too, Adrian and Minny gave them a 180 yd pounding, maybe Denver Backs can have some success and keep Orton extra comfortable?

Hopefully the Offense will continue to gel and get better (they need it), and the defense will carry on to be stout. After what we've seen the past two seasons, hard to critique the defense from what they've been. Nolan has had them impressive enough thus far.

I think after all the naysaying all offseason long, a 2-0 start going to Oakland would be great and hard to complain about with that kind of start.

I am expecting an Ohio Exacta Sunday.

Go :defense:. Send the Dawgs home.

Shutdown
09-15-2009, 01:18 AM
I really hope we can get our running game going. I would really like to see Moreno actually do something. He I want to see either one our two 1sts do something. Hopefully Ayers can find his role and learn to play it. I want to see our D continue to play nasty football.

Oh, and I want to see BDawk supplex someone.

sneakers
09-15-2009, 01:25 AM
I hear we are playing Bowling Green week 3.

Shutdown
09-15-2009, 01:31 AM
I hear we are playing Bowling Green week 3.

How is the new Oboe hero? Heard it was great..