Keep on sucking guys. I knew you wouldnt let me down tonight. :beer:

Its Cellar time for ya again. Drink up. :lol:

Gamechanger
09-15-2009, 12:39 AM
that hail mary throw made me yell OH GOOD GOD and woke up my family

they put up a fight, i'd be worried :nod:

Northman
09-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Im not worried. They split with us last year but still ended up with 4 wins. They got bigger issues than the Broncos. Just so as long as they enjoy their time in the basement we are good. Meanwhile, go back to your board and let me enjoy this weekend. Raiders lose, Chiefs lose, Broncos win, and Jay Cutler sucked big monkey balls. PERFECT WEEKEND. \m/

Northman
09-15-2009, 12:42 AM
Oh, and i won my fantasy game also. :)

Devilspawn
09-15-2009, 12:46 AM
After seeing tonight's game and Denver's game yesterday, I'll be serving up plenty of sigs.

dogfish
09-15-2009, 01:08 AM
that game was awesome. . . i can't remember the last time i laughed so hard. . . i almost fell out of my chair when they completed that bomb to murphy, and the idiot sparkler DBs were pointing fingers before he even got to the end zone. . .

:spit: :pound:

seriously, how the HELL do you let a guy run right past you towards the endzone on any play, let alone 4th and freaking 15???

:noidea:

only the chargers can come out that flat in their season opener against a team they were expected to beat by about twenty points. . . i don't know that i've ever seen a favored team just get so completely physically dominated-- the scoreboard may not have reflected it, but they were pretty much getting sodomized out there for three-plus quarters. . .

and only the faders can administer such a complete beatdown and still wind up losing the game. . . :lol::lol:

san diego looked like they had cub scouts playing on the O-line (even before the injuries), and girl scouts trying to rush the paser. . . sproles looked like the keystone cops trying to handle some of those kickoffs. . . and yet, the whole time i was confident that chokeland would find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. . . .

hilarity at its best. . . .

it's probably best thatsan diego pulled it out, though. . . if they hadn't, we'dve had owned raider up in here beating his bird chest and shitting his pants like they'd just won the super bowl. . . .

Northman
09-15-2009, 01:22 AM
2 other things of note.

1) Rivers actually getting an unsportsmanlike (i guess his reputation preceeds him)

2) Weddle CRUSHED Higgins. Oh man, that was a sweet hit

So SD came in and looked like schoolgirls (Norv Turner football for ya) and the Raiders who really should have won the game because of how much of it they dominated only to do what Oakland does best and choke down the stretch.

But, Seymour was a beast so i do envy them that guy.

MileHighWrath
09-15-2009, 08:52 AM
It was a good game for sure but was there ever any doubt in it's outcome?

In fact were there any surprises?
-The raiders self destructed with either penalties or missed opportunities
-Russel put another 10 lbs on his ass and still looks like a work in progress in his 3rd season
-The raiders ran the ball well but caused too many penalties
-Rivers is a whiny little bitch
-LT is a 'has been'
-Chargers running game depends on a little person
-The raiders home field (black a-hole) is a baseball park (LMFAO)

About the only thing missing from that predictable game (unless I missed it) was the inevitable camera shot of the undead Al(zhiemers) Davis. In fact that was the biggest surprise of the evening, no appearance of the jumpsuit, are we sure he's still around? LOL who am I kidding...

Devilspawn
09-15-2009, 09:04 AM
It was a good game for sure but was there ever any doubt in it's outcome?

In fact were there any surprises?
-The raiders self destructed with either penalties or missed opportunities
-Russel put another 10 lbs on his ass and still looks like a work in progress in his 3rd season
-The raiders ran the ball well but caused too many penalties
-Rivers is a whiny little bitch
-LT is a 'has been'
-Chargers running game depends on a little person
-The raiders home field (black a-hole) is a baseball park (LMFAO)

About the only thing missing from that predictable game (unless I missed it) was the inevitable camera shot of the undead Al(zhiemers) Davis. In fact that was the biggest surprise of the evening, no appearance of the jumpsuit, are we sure he's still around? LOL who am I kidding...

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52606
It's been a while. Now that the dust of your beloved offseason is dissipate (for now) man up and take this bet.

And don't disappear for months after you're team gets reamed again.

Dreadnought
09-15-2009, 09:44 AM
that game was awesome. . . i can't remember the last time i laughed so hard. . . i almost fell out of my chair when they completed that bomb to murphy, and the idiot sparkler DBs were pointing fingers before he even got to the end zone. . .

seriously, how the HELL do you let a guy run right past you towards the endzone on any play, let alone 4th and freaking 15???

only the chargers can come out that flat in their season opener against a team they were expected to beat by about twenty points. . . i don't know that i've ever seen a favored team just get so completely physically dominated-- the scoreboard may not have reflected it, but they were pretty much getting sodomized out there for three-plus quarters. . .

and only the faders can administer such a complete beatdown and still wind up losing the game. . . :lol::lol:

san diego looked like they had cub scouts playing on the O-line (even before the injuries), and girl scouts trying to rush the paser. . . sproles looked like the keystone cops trying to handle some of those kickoffs. . . and yet, the whole time i was confident that chokeland would find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. . . .

it's probably best thatsan diego pulled it out, though. . . if they hadn't, we'dve had owned raider up in here beating his bird chest and shitting his pants like they'd just won the super bowl. . . .

The Raiders had their own secret weapon of guaranteed failure though - JaMarcus Russell, and his awfulness eventually trumped every bit of ineptitude and lethargy Norv Turner could devise

Devilspawn
09-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Russell lost the game. No, he lost the blowout. I'm not using the receivers excuse for him anymore, he missed open targets.

sanluis
09-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Holly crap that Raider D is fricking good. They are going to kill you cute little lucky bounce ponies. Your only hope is Jamarcus Russel. He sucks. If they keep the ball in McFadden and Bushes hands and stay healthy they will kill Denver

Kill!!!

Orton better up his life insurance.

Props to Oakland ....they played great for the most part. I am not looking forward to playing them again!

Dreadnought
09-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Holly crap that Raider D is fricking good. They are going to kill you cute little lucky bounce ponies. Your only hope is Jamarcus Russel. He sucks. If they keep the ball in McFadden and Bushes hands and stay healthy they will kill Denver

Kill!!!

Props to Oakland ....they played great for the most part. I am not looking forward to playing them again!

Or it could possibly be that Norv remains Norv and that the window is closing for San Diego faster than we thought. Not so much they won't win the division this year, but that defense seems to be in a decline over the past couple of years. Things like that do sneak up on you often with little warning. Ladanian Tomlinson looks like a shell of himself and all of a sudden Castillo and company got manhandled by a not very good line. Time will tell though

Overtime
09-15-2009, 10:37 AM

I didn't get worried till JeMarshmallow threw up the Bomb on 4th & 15, because I figured he'd overthrow it and they'd turn it over, or he'd underthrow it and it'd get picked. but when it went for a TD I thought uh-oh, we have a game here.

but alas, not to worry, The Chargers awoke from their slumber and put the Faiders to sleep.

I don't contribute the game to good defense for Oakland, I think it was more of San Diego just looking like slop and not executing in the game, on both sides of the ball. Had they shown up with their "A" Game, score would have been like 35-10.

:coffee:

dogfish
09-15-2009, 10:41 AM

Kill!!!

hey sanluis. . . .

i think you may be a bit surprised how much difference it makes to actually have an NFL-caliber offensive line. . . . :wave:

although i'll admit, i don't like the matchup of orton against pretty much any group of corners in the league. . . .

:doh:

sanluis
09-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Or it could possibly be that Norv remains Norv and that the window is closing for San Diego faster than we thought. Not so much they won't win the division this year, but that defense seems to be in a decline over the past couple of years. Things like that do sneak up on you often with little warning. Ladanian Tomlinson looks like a shell of himself and all of a sudden Castillo and company got manhandled by a not very good line. Time will tell though

Not very good line??? LMAO... That (Oaklands) line is so much better than last year. The upgrade at left tackle alone is huge. I give all credit to the Raiders. They played great. You will see when Denver gets to play these guys.

Oakland's D is nasty. They will hurt a lot of people this year. (not in a cheap shot way)

Norv is Norv and he seemed to be able to do enough to win the game. Windows open and close all the time and AJ will manage that well.
I wouldn't call LT a shell after one game. But that is just me:D

Dreadnought
09-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Not very good line??? LMAO... That (Oaklands) line is so much better than last year. The upgrade at left tackle alone is huge. I give all credit to the Raiders. They played great. You will see when Denver gets to play these guys.

Oakland's D is nasty. They will hurt a lot of people this year. (not in a cheap shot way)

Norv is Norv and he seemed to be able to do enough to win the game. Windows open and close all the time and AJ will manage that well.

As I said, time will tell. I remain completely unsold on the Raider's O-line. And as for LT being past his "best used by" date I refer more to his entire 2008 season than just last night. Competant RB? Yep, probably still is. Dominant force? Those days are gone forever.

sanluis
09-15-2009, 10:59 AM
hey sanluis. . . .

i think you may be a bit surprised how much difference it makes to actually have an NFL-caliber offensive line. . . . :wave:

although i'll admit, i don't like the matchup of orton against pretty much any group of corners in the league. . . .

:doh:

You don't think we have a NFL caliber Line?? Because the Chargers o-line was at least thought of as OK by most. Not as good as Denver's maybe but not bad.

:confused: :D

dogfish
09-15-2009, 11:04 AM
You don't think we have a NFL caliber Line?? Because the Chargers o-line was at least thought of as OK by most. Not as good as Denver's maybe but not bad.

before the season i would have said they were solid, but the evidence of last night makes me think otherwise. . . .

:shocked: :D

sanluis
09-15-2009, 11:07 AM
As I said, time will tell. I remain completely unsold on the Raider's O-line. And as for LT being past his "best used by" date I refer more to his entire 2008 season than just last night. Competant RB? Yep, probably still is. Dominant force? Those days are gone forever.

Time will tell. And LT doesn't have to carry this team anymore IMO. :D

What didn't you like about the Raiders o-line? I know it is only one game but they but up good numbers on the ground. Chargers D has been very good at stopping the run. The passing game has been our weakness. Oakland had a few penalties but they were a solid line for the most part against what is believed to be a solid D.

sanluis
09-15-2009, 11:09 AM
before the season i would have said they were solid, but the evidence of last night makes me think otherwise. . . .

:shocked: :D

You are making a mistake not giving Oakland any credit Dog. :D

Zweems56
09-15-2009, 11:10 AM
You are making a mistake not giving Oakland any credit Dog. :D

!!! An opinion on the interwebs is a BIIIIIIIIG mistake! Don't do that! You'll regret it for years!

OaklandRaider
09-15-2009, 05:43 PM

Thank you Sanluis for giving the Raiders credit.

And that left tackle that you were talking about, the one that shut down Shawne Merriman, his name is Mario Henderson. And I'm ready to say it, but Henderson > Clady.

It was a very hard fought game between two good teams.

Day1BroncoFan
09-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Thank you Sanluis for giving the Raiders credit.

And that left tackle that you were talking about, the one that shut down Shawne Merriman, his name is Mario Henderson. And I'm ready to say it, but Henderson > Clady.

It was a very hard fought game between two good teams.

Bloviation. :rolleyes:

dogfish
09-15-2009, 07:02 PM

my god, what a shocker!

:spit: :pound: :laugh: :rofl: :lol:

would you say he's better than jonathon ogden, too? will roaf? orlando pace? jackie slater? art shell?

whattaya think?

maybe he's so good that they'll skip the five year eligibility rule, and just go ahead and enshrine him in canton now-- along with the rest of your 0-1 "most talented team ever". . . .

tell me the truth, you really are WTE, aren't you?

only possible explanation. . . .

EMB6903
09-15-2009, 07:07 PM

whats up with Mcneil? that guy has gone down hill after his rookie year it seems... Seymour tore him apart last night.

dogfish
09-15-2009, 07:12 PM
whats up with Mcneil? that guy has gone down hill after his rookie year it seems... Seymour tore him apart last night.

obviously i'm just guessing, but i suspect his back issues have something to do with it. . . leg bend and leverage are crucial for OTs, and it's tough to get low in your stance when your back is hurting. . . and when a guy as tall as mcneil can't get low, it's really hard for him to be effective. . .

i know health concerns were one of the main reasons he fell to the third round-- he was a first round lock just based on size and ability, but scouts were leery of his durability and effort. . . .

OaklandRaider
09-16-2009, 09:02 AM

But I thought Seymour was past his prime? :lol:

What's up with your "DOMINANT" offensive line giving up 4 sacks to the Bengals? Could it be that Jay Cutler made them look good with his quick release, like I was saying about two months ago? :confused:

sanluis
09-16-2009, 10:43 AM

Big Mac is coming off neck surgery and he had to stay in the Oakland game after getting his ankle rolled. We were out of subs by then.

( And I think he played well against a all pro D lineman.) Most of the sacks were on Phillip or coverage sacks as he had no where to throw the ball.

His back is fine and has not been an issue IMO. He has had other injuries that have limited his play.

I think we got him in the second round Dogfish. :D

Oops!! I keep forgetting this is the smack section!!!

Ravage!!!
09-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Seymour is past his prime.. which would make the fact that he dominatted McNeil that much more worrisome for the Chargers. Just because he's past his prime, doesn't mean he's not good.

THe Bengals have a good DL...but I would say that we are going to give up more sacks this eyar for a couple reasons. ONe... Cutler did help our OL. TWO... when you have a season like we did last year, you can't really expect the next year to be as dominant. Doesn't happen that way. When a player/team plays incredibly well one year, you have to expect some downfall the following season.

sanluis
09-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Seymour is past his prime.. which would make the fact that he dominatted McNeil that much more worrisome for the Chargers. Just because he's past his prime, doesn't mean he's not good.

THe Bengals have a good DL...but I would say that we are going to give up more sacks this eyar for a couple reasons. ONe... Cutler did help our OL. TWO... when you have a season like we did last year, you can't really expect the next year to be as dominant. Doesn't happen that way. When a player/team plays incredibly well one year, you have to expect some downfall the following season.

Seymour was moved all over the line and didn't get his sacks against McNeil if I remember correctly. McNeil was not dominated IMO. :lol:

Seymour and Ellis are much better than anyone the Bengals have on their line. The Brownco Warren is playing well again and he is going to have a chip on his shoulder when he plays Denver. I think the Oakland Denver score will be Oakland 15-0 all field goals. Only because Jmack sucks!! :lol:

Day1BroncoFan
09-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Seymour was moved all over the line and didn't get his sacks against McNeil if I remember correctly. McNeil was not dominated IMO. :lol:

Seymour and Ellis are much better than anyone the Bengals have on their line. The Brownco Warren is playing well again and he is going to have a chip on his shoulder when he plays Denver. I think the Oakland Denver score will be Oakland 15-0 all field goals. Only because Jmack sucks!! :lol:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/JackLM/Broncos%20Forum/confus.jpg

Northman
09-16-2009, 12:15 PM
I would still take Seymour in a heartbeat. He is still better than anyone on our line.

T.K.O.
09-16-2009, 12:24 PM
I would still take Seymour in a heartbeat. He is still better than anyone on our line.

and the scary thing is he is going to play with everything he has,even if the raiders are 0-4....0-7 and the rest of the team quits,
that will only make it worse because he is playing to get a contract with another team next year.
i really dont think he is past his prime he's what 29?if he can stay healthy this year i see him getting another 4 year deal

Day1BroncoFan
09-16-2009, 12:31 PM
One of the problems in playing at jokeland is that once the talent goes there it dissapears into the black hole and is never seen again. How many times has a talented player went there and never played again? This time might be different, we'll see.

sanluis
09-16-2009, 02:04 PM
and the scary thing is he is going to play with everything he has,even if the raiders are 0-4....0-7 and the rest of the team quits,
that will only make it worse because he is playing to get a contract with another team next year.
i really dont think he is past his prime he's what 29?if he can stay healthy this year i see him getting another 4 year deal

I agree 29 is not that old and is prime time IMO.

The thing is I don't think Oakland is going to be 0-4 or 0-7. I hope so but i have my doubts. And damn it if I don't respect the Cable man. Here i thought he was some big goof but now ... I think he has the respect and attention of his team and they are playing some real NFL football for the first time in 6 years. :tsk:

dogfish
09-16-2009, 02:09 PM
I agree 29 is not that old and is prime time IMO.

The thing is I don't think Oakland is going to be 0-4 or 0-7. I hope so but i have my doubts. And damn it if I don't respect the Cable man. Here i thought he was some big goof but now ... I think he has the respect and attention of his team and they are playing some real NFL football for the first time in 6 years. :tsk:

when you start breaking people's jaws and threatening to kill them it does kinda tend to grab their attention. . . .

Ravage!!!
09-16-2009, 04:53 PM
I just can NOT understand Oakland trading away a first for a guy that will be leaving after the year. But... I can see Davis throwing out some incredibly SICK money at him to keep him around...

CrazyHorse
09-16-2009, 05:05 PM
I just can NOT understand Oakland trading away a first for a guy that will be leaving after the year. But... I can see Davis throwing out some incredibly SICK money at him to keep him around...

DUDE! They're making a Super Bowl run this year.

Devilspawn
09-16-2009, 05:13 PM
when you start breaking people's jaws and threatening to kill them it does kinda tend to grab their attention. . . .
Someone had to be an example.

He will be remembered in Raider Lore, one way or another.

jhildebrand
09-16-2009, 10:52 PM

The first sack came on McNeil. It was a straight up rush and three arm extensions (pushes) and he was on Rivers.

Northman
09-17-2009, 07:01 AM

You answered your own question. Al Davis.

Oakland's problem has been the same for the last 7-8 years. Bad management.

LRtagger
09-17-2009, 06:58 PM
DUDE! They're making a Super Bowl run this year.

Yea I heard they had 53 all-pro's on their roster.

T.K.O.
09-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Yea I heard they had 53 all-pro's on their roster.

53 GOATS.....you mean !:lol:

dogfish
09-17-2009, 07:26 PM
michael bush > jim brown

T.K.O.
09-17-2009, 07:32 PM
michael bush > jim brown

i was actually really hoping we would get bush.....you know pick up bush.....oh never mind.
i was also pretty stoked about torain though....but i do think bush if healthy can be a heck of a back

OaklandRaider
09-17-2009, 08:23 PM

If Seymour continues to play like he did Monday Night, he deserves to be paid like an elite defender.

Add one player like Big Sey, and you see what he did to our defense. Our rush defense improved, our pass rush improved.

I'll take Seymour right now over some unkown draft pick 2 years from now. Knowing how Al Davis drafts, he would draft a track star and blow the pick like he did with DHB. I'll take Seymour, don't be jealous.

OaklandRaider
09-17-2009, 08:26 PM
i was actually really hoping we would get bush.....you know pick up bush.....oh never mind.
i was also pretty stoked about torain though....but i do think bush if healthy can be a heck of a back

Had he have not broke his leg in college, he would've been selected ahead of Adrian Peterson in the 07 draft. He was that good in college.

Bush is wayyyy better than anything you have on your team. Hell, Justin Fargas is better than any RB you have on your roster.

Get your talent level up, Denver.

T.K.O.
09-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Had he have not broke his leg in college, he would've been selected ahead of Adrian Peterson in the 07 draft. He was that good in college.

Bush is wayyyy better than anything you have on your team. Hell, Justin Fargas is better than any RB you have on your roster.

Get your talent level up, Denver.

although it pains me to agree (even partially) with you.i think both bush and fargas have game....
drafting anyone above peterson would look retarded in retrospect.
i think drafting bush was the smartest move the raiders have made in years.
and as for the broncos getting their talent level up......why do you want 4-6 division losses every year...instead of just most years?

dogfish
09-17-2009, 08:50 PM

if they had an all-time draft, he'd be selected above barry sanders and walter payton-- he's that good. . . .

of course, he'll probably only run for about 3,000 yards this year, since darren mcfadden-- the best back of all time-- is ahead of him on the depth chart. . . .

Midnight Blue
09-17-2009, 08:52 PM
michael bush > jim brown

OR probably also believes Justin Fargas > Barry Sanders...and that McFadden > Walter Payton...

LRtagger
09-17-2009, 09:09 PM
The REAL question is, would he have been picked ahead of Jamarcus Russel? :lol:

dogfish
09-17-2009, 09:25 PM

dumb question. . . . no one's THAT good!

staypuff is the most talented football player of all time, regardless of position. . . .

Gamechanger
09-18-2009, 12:23 AM
:pound:

dogfish
09-18-2009, 12:32 AM
:pound:

what are you laughin' at ponyboy?

staypuff makes peyton look like rex grossman. . . .

Gamechanger
09-18-2009, 01:05 AM
what are you laughin' at ponyboy?

staypuff makes peyton look like rex grossman. . . .

and he makes Orton look like Jake Delhomme too :beer:

OaklandRaider
09-19-2009, 11:49 AM

No.

Talents like JaMarcus Russell are rare to find. Michael Bush is a stud, but Russell would still have been pick No.1

dogfish
09-19-2009, 11:53 AM
No.

Talents like JaMarcus Russell are rare to find. Michael Bush is a stud, but Russell would still have been pick No.1

would namdi have been taken over russell? you know, with him being the GOAT and all?

Overtime
09-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Todd Blackledge > JeMarshmallow Russell.

T.K.O.
09-19-2009, 04:13 PM
No.

Talents like JaMarcus Russell are rare to find.

you got that right......no talents like him are hard to find,especially in the #1 spot !:laugh::lol::laugh: