PDA

View Full Version : Broncos pick up 2015 option on Von Miller

VonDoom
05-01-2014, 02:28 PM
As expected, but I'm glad it got done. Now keep your head on straight, kid.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/05/01/broncos-pick-fifth-year-option-von-miller/27257/

The option would pay Miller a $9.754 million salary in 2015. That salary is guaranteed against injury, but not for skill or salary cap. In other words, the Broncos would reserve the right to release Miller if they don’t feel he’s worth the money.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-01-2014, 03:20 PM
As expected, but I'm glad it got done. Now keep your head on straight, kid.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/05/01/broncos-pick-fifth-year-option-von-miller/27257/

The option would pay Miller a $9.754 million salary in 2015. That salary is guaranteed against injury, but not for skill or salary cap. In other words, the Broncos would reserve the right to release Miller if they don’t feel he’s worth the money.

As with any family, a kid can sometimes get in trouble.

But ultimately, what’s a family to do, but love the kid, anyway?

The Broncos are Von Miller’s family and despite some unfortunate problems in his third season last year, the team showed faith in their star linebacker by picking up the fifth-year option on his contract Thursday.

SoCalImport
05-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Was never a question but I'm glad it's done. Onward and upwards
:D

Dzone
05-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Dreaming of Miller and Ware having their best years ever in 2014...Imagine that. Maybe 30 sacks between them. Ok, its a long shot, but w e can dream about such a scenario

tomjonesrocks
05-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Made sense to pretty much wait to the last second.

NightTerror218
05-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Glad its done. A little close to wire for my liking.

ShaneFalco
05-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Were any fax machines involved this time?

Cugel
05-02-2014, 01:23 PM
For all the radio sports guys who want the Broncos to trade Miller it's never going to happen. The Broncos simply will never have another #2 overall pick (hopefully!) and to expect an impact player to fall into their lap like that again is wishful thinking. Some years, even a top 5 pick doesn't guarantee you an All-Pro level talent. Remember KC spending a #3 overall pick on Tyson Jackson?! He's not even on the Chiefs anymore due to general sucking. But, there really wasn't much on the board for them at that position.

Know who the next pick was (for the Seahawks of all teams!)? They took a defensive player. A LB, widely touted as a "safe pick" - who some speculated might be the #1 overall pick. Aaron Curry! The complete bust! Traded to the Raiders 2 years into his pro-career for a 7th round pick.

Arrrgh!

And the pick after that? The Jets who traded up to grab the fabulous Mark Sanchez! (Well, at least Kate Upton thought he was "fabulous" even if the NFL doesn't!) :rolleyes:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-02-2014, 01:25 PM
For all the radio sports guys who want the Broncos to trade Miller it's never going to happen. The Broncos simply will never have another #2 overall pick (hopefully!) and to expect an impact player to fall into their lap like that again is wishful thinking. Some years, even a top 5 pick doesn't guarantee you an All-Pro level talent. Remember KC spending a #3 overall pick on Tyson Jackson?! He's not even on the Chiefs anymore due to general sucking. But, there really wasn't much on the board for them at that position.

Know who the next pick was (for the Seahawks of all teams!)? They took a defensive player. A LB, widely touted as a "safe pick" - who some speculated might be the #1 overall pick. Aaron Curry! The complete bust! Traded to the Raiders 2 years into his pro-career for a 7th round pick.

Arrrgh!

The Chiefs also took Glen Dorsey at #2.

LTC Pain
05-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Miller needs to keep his nose (and urine) clean and play LB like his ass is on fire!

slim
05-02-2014, 02:15 PM
I hope he drops the extra weight.

That was a dumb idea.

NightTerror218
05-02-2014, 09:13 PM
I hope he drops the extra weight.

That was a dumb idea.

I read he is down like 15 lbs already. It was in article that talked about his progress a few weeks back.

slim
05-02-2014, 09:16 PM
I read he is down like 15 lbs already. It was in article that talked about his progress a few weeks back.

Good to know. I don't understand why he tried to add the weight in the first place. not broke = don't fix.

sneakers
05-04-2014, 06:53 AM
pretty cool i guess

Ziggy
05-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Good to know. I don't understand why he tried to add the weight in the first place. not broke = don't fix.

Part of the reason that the best players are the best is because they are always striving to get better. I think that's all that Von was doing. He thought that the added muscle might take him to the next level. It didn't work out so he's dropping the weight. I'd rather see a player fail trying too hard than to fail for lack of effort. Now if we could only get him to be that committed to excellence outside of football....