PDA

View Full Version : McShay top 32 players drafted in last 5 years

NightTerror218
04-23-2014, 06:27 PM
McShay on ESPN made is top 32. Von Miller is #2 on the list behind Andrew Luck.

Any ESPN insider get the entire list?

Shows how lucky we are to have a player of his caliber and hope he is back 100% and smarter to stay out of trouble

Dapper Dan
04-23-2014, 09:30 PM
McShay on ESPN made is top 32. Von Miller is #2 on the list behind Andrew Luck.

Any ESPN insider get the entire list?

Shows how lucky we are to have a player of his caliber and hope he is back 100% and smarter to stay out of trouble

Wow. That's saying a lot. I wonder what the rest of the list is also. Luck is considered the best pick in a very long time. For Von to be #2 is pretty wild. And I think I agree with McShay.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2014, 10:13 PM
The premise of this project is not to identify the best NFL players to be drafted in recent seasons, but instead to identify the 32 best prospects to come out in the past five years. In other words, if I had to rank all of the players I've evaluated in the past five draft classes with zero benefit of knowing what they went on to become in the NFL, what would that ranking look like?

This includes the 2014 class, so part of this is about seeing how guys like Jadeveon Clowney, Greg Robinson, Khalil Mack and Sammy Watkins compare to the top prospects of previous years.

I developed this ranking by ordering my final player grades for each of the past five years. This required a little after-the-fact subjectivity, as comparing guys with the same grades from different seasons can be tricky, but I put myself on the honor system and tried to do my best to remember how I felt about prospects at the time they were coming out.

Here is my Top 32 of the past five draft classes, including each prospect's grade and notes from the scouting reports from when they were coming out.

1) Luck
2) Miller
3) Clowney
4) Sam Bradford
5) RGIII
6) Gerald McCoy
7) Suh
8) AJ Green
9) Patrick Peterson
10) Marcell Dareus
11) Greg Robinson
12) Eric Berry
13) Morris Caiborne
14) Kueckly
15) Julio Jones
16) Matt Kalil
17) Russell Okung
18) Robert Quinn
19) Kalil Mack
20) Luke Joeckel
21) Sammy Watkins
22) Trent Richardson
23) Eric Fisher
24) Tyron Smith
25) Joe Haden
26) Star Lotulelei
27) Earl Thomas
28) Dez Bryant
29) Dee Milliner
30) Cam Jordan
31) Aldon Smith
32) Chandler Jones

FanInAZ
04-23-2014, 11:04 PM
RGIII is 5th after his horrible season last year? I know he's blaming everything on Shanny, but he still needs to prove it.

I also think its premature to assess anyone with less then 3 years experience in the league. I think I could even make a case for 5 years for QBs because how complicate Os are today.

MOtorboat
04-23-2014, 11:39 PM
RGIII is 5th after his horrible season last year? I know he's blaming everything on Shanny, but he still needs to prove it.

I also think its premature to assess anyone with less then 3 years experience in the league. I think I could even make a case for 5 years for QBs because how complicate Os are today.

You should read the beginning of the article.

EMB6903
04-24-2014, 10:53 PM
The premise of this project is not to identify the best NFL players to be drafted in recent seasons, but instead to identify the 32 best prospects to come out in the past five years. In other words, if I had to rank all of the players I've evaluated in the past five draft classes with zero benefit of knowing what they went on to become in the NFL, what would that ranking look like?

This includes the 2014 class, so part of this is about seeing how guys like Jadeveon Clowney, Greg Robinson, Khalil Mack and Sammy Watkins compare to the top prospects of previous years.

I developed this ranking by ordering my final player grades for each of the past five years. This required a little after-the-fact subjectivity, as comparing guys with the same grades from different seasons can be tricky, but I put myself on the honor system and tried to do my best to remember how I felt about prospects at the time they were coming out.

Here is my Top 32 of the past five draft classes, including each prospect's grade and notes from the scouting reports from when they were coming out.

1) Luck
2) Miller
3) Clowney
4) Sam Bradford
5) RGIII
6) Gerald McCoy
7) Suh
8) AJ Green
9) Patrick Peterson
10) Marcell Dareus
11) Greg Robinson
12) Eric Berry
13) Morris Caiborne
14) Kueckly
15) Julio Jones
16) Matt Kalil
17) Russell Okung
18) Robert Quinn
19) Kalil Mack
20) Luke Joeckel
21) Sammy Watkins
22) Trent Richardson
23) Eric Fisher
24) Tyron Smith
25) Joe Haden
26) Star Lotulelei
27) Earl Thomas
28) Dez Bryant
29) Dee Milliner
30) Cam Jordan
31) Aldon Smith
32) Chandler Jones

Good list.

I would have cam newton on there. Sammy Watkins ahead of both green and jones, suh ahead of McCoy, kuechly and Blackmon have to be somewhere on the list.

Edit: just spotted Kuechly. My mistake

reimx007
04-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Theres that other thread bashing McDaniels for all his McDanielness, which I agree with every single word. But we really have no one else to thank for Von Miller :)