PDA

View Full Version : Star Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley visits Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2014, 03:09 PM
The Broncos are dreaming. Maybe they're scheming. Or perhaps they're just looking around.

In the Broncos' dreams, former Alabama inside linebacker C.J. Mosley is still available by the time Denver selects with its No. 31 draft pick May 8. Mosley, widely considered the top middle linebacker in this draft, was visiting the Broncos on Monday, according to two NFL sources.

Also, Oklahoma State cornerback Justin Gilbert tweeted he is visiting Denver this week. Gilbert, large by cornerback standards at 6-foot, 202 pounds, is the fastest corner in the draft.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25610585/star-alabama-linebacker-c-j-mosley-visits-broncos?source=nav

Slick
04-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Yes please.

Dzone
04-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Mosley would be too good to be true. I hope we can get this dude. Immediate impact

CoachChaz
04-22-2014, 03:33 PM
A lot of these visits are also for comps. They'll work out and interview a player they may not have a chance at in order to compare him to a player they can truly get. Let's not get too happy about Mosely...who will be better in a 3-4 anyway

underrated29
04-22-2014, 04:06 PM
Im not a big mosely fan. I think he struggles to get off blocks. I like christian jones in the 3rd or avery williams in the 5th better....But whatver, I think the broncos trade up for mosley.

Slick
04-22-2014, 04:10 PM
A lot of these visits are also for comps. They'll work out and interview a player they may not have a chance at in order to compare him to a player they can truly get. Let's not get too happy about Mosely...who will be better in a 3-4 anyway

I'm not getting happy about anybody. I always end up disappointed. It took me a long time to figure that out.

Hell, last year I was clamoring for the big Samoan DT that went to Washington. I think the Steelers ended up drafting him. I don't think he even played a down last year.

Zweems56
04-22-2014, 04:11 PM

Coach, what's your opinion on shazier, and how he can fit in our D?

OrangeHoof
04-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Whoever the Broncos choose the past few years, it wasn't anyone high on my wish list. If it turns out to be somebody who performs well, I won't care that I'd never heard of them. In Elway we trust; all others pay cash.

Dzone
04-22-2014, 09:04 PM
Him or Shazier would be a big upgrade over Nate Irving

tomjonesrocks
04-22-2014, 10:42 PM
They'd have to give up the farm for Mosely. He'll likely be gone 15-20. Dreaming is right.

tomjonesrocks
04-22-2014, 10:43 PM

Does Shazier play at MLB?

Simple Jaded
04-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Shazier, and probably even Mosley, is a natural WLB in a 4-3, but there are few MLB's in college these days and the ones in this draft are scrubs. Imo if you can't find a MLB you make a MLB, don't bore me with "two totally different positions" either. You tellin me Shazier is more flawed than Borland? Doubt it, and if Mosley/Shazier fail at MLB they can play WLB, if Borland fails at MLB he's useless.

SM19
04-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Obviously we've got to take a look at Mosley in case he falls. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Dapper Dan
04-22-2014, 11:23 PM
I heard he was just returning Peyton Manning's jockstrap that he forgot in Saban's office. I wouldn't look too much into it. Don't get too excited.

Simple Jaded
04-22-2014, 11:28 PM
Why would Saban have Manning's jock strap?

Dapper Dan
04-22-2014, 11:31 PM
Why would Saban have Manning's jock strap?

Because Manning forgot it on the floor. Duh.

broncofaninfla
04-23-2014, 08:05 AM
Although I feel Mosely would be an upgrade over any Mike we currently have, count me among those who feel he's slightly overrated. If he didn't play at Alabama i don't think he'd be getting as much attention as he is getting now.

CoachChaz
04-23-2014, 08:54 AM

Until any of us see Irving play MLB for any significant time...we cant say this. I think he's done a very good job filling in and backing up as SLB and if not for Miller...he'd be a fine starter there. We'll just have to see how things go in the middle

WARHORSE
04-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Sorry, Im not sold on Mosely. Too slow for me and no explosion. I dont think hes going to translate well to the NFL. SEE: Rolando McClain.

I said the same thing about him. Even without the bad character, the guy cant play imo.

CoachChaz
04-23-2014, 03:16 PM
I think Mosely can be a solid LB...but it will be on the outside or in the middle in a 3-4.

nevcraw
04-23-2014, 06:11 PM
Most pundits think Mosely is one of the surer things in this draft. If we have a chance to get a 3 down MLB with his pedigree and leadership I am all for it. But since I never get the guy I want the most on the team, i am certain he won't be a bronco.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-23-2014, 06:39 PM
Most pundits think Mosely is one of the surer things in this draft. If we have a chance to get a 3 down MLB with his pedigree and leadership I am all for it. But since I never get the guy I want the most on the team, i am certain he won't be a bronco.

It's only happened a couple of times for me. I really wanted Clady, and we got him. I was also pretty high on Moreno when we drafted him.