PDA

View Full Version : Article: The Second Act of Elway

tomjonesrocks
04-19-2014, 06:37 AM
Decent offseason piece.

"Elway is different. Just as he was a once in a generation quarterback, he is a once in a generation quarterback turned executive."

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/72414460/denver-broncos-john-elway-rare-front-office-success

BroncoJoe
04-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Good read! Couple quotes:

In the three years John Elway has been in charge, the Broncos have a .708 winning percentage and have made a Super Bowl appearance and three playoff appearances. What's more, he has operated with the kind of panache you would expect from the quarterback who engineered The Drive and led his team to two Super Bowl victories.
Elway is different. Just as he was a once in a generation quarterback, he is a once in a generation quarterback turned executive.

That's why he used a second-round pick on quarterback Brock Osweiler shortly after he signed Manning. "When they say 'win now,' I always like to say 'win now on,'" Elway said. "We're trying to get a good football team and be good for a long time.

Ravage!!!
04-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Good read! Couple quotes:

Uhmm..Joe, are you trying to hide them from us with that choice of font color?

BroncoJoe
04-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Uhmm..Joe, are you trying to hide them from us with that choice of font color?
Was it bad? I use the white background. I changed a setting the other day and need to change it back. When I quote, it changes the font and color.

BroncoWave
04-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Was it bad? I use the white background. I changed a setting the other day and need to change it back. When I quote, it changes the font and color.

You might be one of the only people who uses the white background. I remember broncomania changing to the white background being one of the many reasons for the mass exodus from there.

BroncoJoe
04-19-2014, 10:54 AM
You might be one of the only people who uses the white background. I remember broncomania changing to the white background being one of the many reasons for the mass exodus from there.

Maybe - I just prefer "work friendly" mode to view.

BroncoWave
04-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Maybe - I just prefer "work friendly" mode to view.

I see. I think the main beef with the white background was that it was really hard on the eyes. Especially when you are used to the dark background.

BroncoJoe
04-19-2014, 10:59 AM
I see. I think the main beef with the white background was that it was really hard on the eyes. Especially when you are used to the dark background.

When I worked in an office (I home office now :) ) the white was better. Now I don't really care, but I prefer the behavior of work friendly mode. It eliminates threads I've read when clicking on the "New Posts" link.