PDA

View Full Version : Haha Oakland can't even afford their own stadium.

DenBronx
04-17-2014, 10:16 PM
These dummies play on a dirt field because that's what they are. Dirt. How long are they going to put up such a horrible product sorry excuse of a NFL football team? When's the last time these clowns even sold out one of their games? If their franchise is so great, which it isn't, then why can't they fund their own stadium and quit renting? It's like the trailer park of all stadiums. HAHAHAHA!!!

Raiders owner Mark Davis has repeatedly said that he wants Oakland to address the team’s stadium situation sooner rather than later, especially since the Raiders signed a one-year Band-Aid stadium lease through 2014.

Davis apparently has gotten the city’s attention.

Via SportsBusiness Daily, the Oakland A’s hope to sign a 10-year lease to remain at the outdated, sewage-ridden (at times) Coliseum. Oakland, however, hopes to work something out with the Raiders first.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/17/oakland-hopes-to-work-something-out-with-raiders-before-as/

FanInAZ
04-17-2014, 11:08 PM
From OP link:

The Raiders presumably want their own place. Davis has called the presence of a dirt infield in the only venue shared with the local baseball team “a travesty.”

Some Raiders fans would say it’s fitting, given the franchise’s performance over the last decade.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-17-2014, 11:38 PM
The A's should be insulted. Make the Raiders play in the parking lot. That's what jv teams do.

DenBronx
04-18-2014, 01:03 AM
I personally think the Athletics want nothing to do with the raiders. Most A's fans I know are not even raider fans.

MOtorboat
04-18-2014, 03:04 AM
Why in the world do the A's want to stay there?

Timmy!
04-18-2014, 03:16 AM

Cause their owner is uber cheap?

OB
04-18-2014, 03:53 AM
Why would they build a new stadium when the loser fans would just trash it

OrangeHoof
04-18-2014, 09:39 AM
The A's have a handshake deal to build a new stadium in San Jose. But back when the Giants and A's were carving up territorial rights back before the age of personal computers, the A's got Sacramento while the Giants got San Jose. So the Giants are blocking the move and San Jose is now suing Bud Selig and MLB for keeping the A's from moving.

I think the A's are letting the Yoko Ono Coliseum (or whatever its called now) go to seed as a silent protest. The Raiders, who have never been more than renters wherever they've been, are sort of hostages in all of this. Except they could move to Santa Clara with the 49ers if they asked nicely and they could probably play in Berzerkley where the Cal Bears play if it were allowed.

BroncoJoe
04-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Maybe OR can lend them some cash to build a new stadium. I hear he makes big bucks.

DenBronx
04-19-2014, 04:47 AM
Cause their owner is uber cheap?

The A's owner is actually one of the richest owners in MLB. But yeah he is very cheap.....moneyball every year and won't invest in a new stadium.

DenBronx
04-19-2014, 04:49 AM

I just hope they seperate from the raiders some how and would love for them to move to San Jose. It's a much better city than that crap hole of a town Oakland.....they just need to leave the raiders there when they move.

OrangeHoof
04-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Oakland is Detroit with sunlight instead of snow.