PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning hungrier than ever to bring championship to Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Peyton Manning lived the Super Bowl loss. He doesn't see the need to critique it. Speaking publicly for the first time since the Seahawks routed the Broncos 43-8, Manning said the stinging defeat should provide motivation for the upcoming season.

"I don't really have a word for it. Obviously, it was disappointing and we will use that as fuel that hopefully makes us better," Manning said before serving as the keynote speaker for the 38th Annual Sports Breakfast benefitting the Boy Scouts of America at the Pepsi Center.

"I have not (watched the TV copy of the game). I watched the film. I don't really see a lot of value in watching the TV copies of games we lose quite often."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25577242/peyton-manning-hungrier-than-ever-bring-championship-broncos

weazel
04-16-2014, 12:19 PM
I think we heard the same thing last off season... 43-8

MOtorboat
04-16-2014, 12:43 PM

Yeah, I know. I mean, it sucks when you have the No. 1 pick and all.

weazel
04-16-2014, 01:03 PM
Yeah I'm wrong in thinking that talk is cheap... I mean lets talk about how bad we want to win and then not even show up to play when it counts. That was the worst effort ever put forth in any professional championship INCLUDING the 1919 World Series

Northman
04-16-2014, 01:13 PM

Yea, hard to really get up for this when at the very least we should of shown more than we did in the SB this year. All we can do at this point is hope we get back there for another chance but the Broncos blew a big opportunity last year.

MOtorboat
04-16-2014, 01:14 PM
I'm sure Peyton Manning just "didn't want it." That MUST be it.

weazel
04-16-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm sure Peyton Manning just "didn't want it." That MUST be it.

yes that's what I said... I'll let you argue with someone else, I have better things to do.

slim
04-16-2014, 01:24 PM
yes that's what I said... I'll let you argue with someone else, I have better things to do.

Weazel, you can argue with me if you want.

Mike
04-16-2014, 01:29 PM
He will just have to settle for some Papa John's.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Obviously the SB loss was a major disappointment to the Broncos' organization, players, and fans. IMO, it is time to move on, and I look forward to the upcoming season.

Northman
04-16-2014, 01:53 PM

Indeed.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2014, 02:04 PM
video - http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/10059500-manning-talks-publicly-in-denver-for-first-time-since-super-bowl/

SM19
04-17-2014, 12:56 AM
Man, remember that time we heard a bunch of confident talk in the offseason and then the Broncos only fielded the NFL's second best team? That was awful. I was just miserable the whole season.

Northman
04-17-2014, 05:35 AM
Man, remember that time we heard a bunch of confident talk in the offseason and then the Broncos only fielded the NFL's second best team? That was awful. I was just miserable the whole season.

Thats too bad you had a bad season. We had a good year last year, should of enjoyed it more man.

Valar Morghulis
04-17-2014, 06:01 AM
Having that record setting offense was torture to watch last year.this year will probably be bad as well.

If only we hat a load of quality players coming back from injury and were active in free agency......

tomjonesrocks
04-17-2014, 09:02 AM
Yea, hard to really get up for this when at the very least we should of shown more than we did in the SB this year. All we can do at this point is hope we get back there for another chance but the Broncos blew a big opportunity last year.

I actually still think the Rahim Moore bed-shitting wasted this team's best opportunity. That team was healthy.

There's certainly no way to explain away one of the worst (if not the worst) Super Bowl performances ever--so I'm not sure what else they're going to say on the topic of motivation for the upcoming season. They have to sound positive, even though they have to know the odds of them getting back and redeeming that loss are slim.

Northman
04-17-2014, 09:07 AM
I actually still think the Rahim Moore bed-shitting wasted this team's best opportunity. That team was healthy.

There's certainly no way to explain away one of the worst (if not the worst) Super Bowl performances ever--so I'm not sure what else they're going to say on the topic of motivation for the upcoming season. They have to sound positive, even though they have to know the odds of them getting back and redeeming that loss are slim.

Oh, the Ravens loss was bad but we at least fought in that game. Just not being prepared and getting you ass handed to you in the kind of fashion that we did in the biggest game of the year is just embarrassing. You could just easily see it that day which team wanted it more and which team played scared.

Traveler
04-17-2014, 09:45 AM
I'm a true believer in karma! Elway, Fox & company are constantly preaching team unity. So it was really screwed up when word comes out they were denying players on IR from being in the team photo taken at the SB.

Secondly, we all know Fox had this team woefully unprepared for the SB. The game on the biggest stage and they come out tight and emotionless.

Hate to be a downer, but I'm guessing the team has wasted it's window of opportunity these last two years. Probably a good bet they won't make it back to the SB this year.

Only way I see the team returning to the SB are as follows:

1. The changes in personnel on defense were enough help them power through their NFC West opponents helping become battle tested.

2. Quickly establish team identity and cohesion with all the new personnel.

3. The running game becomes so efficient that teams will have to respect it and play us more honestly.

4. Fox enlists help from others to help better prepare the team if they do make it back to the SB.

tomjonesrocks
04-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Oh, the Ravens loss was bad but we at least fought in that game. Just not being prepared and getting you ass handed to you in the kind of fashion that we did in the biggest game of the year is just embarrassing. You could just easily see it that day which team wanted it more and which team played scared.

I wasn't saying the Ravens loss was a worse watch or they put forth a worse effort (though I think the Moore play is the worst ever by a Bronco).

But there was no "buzz saw" waiting for them that year, and the defense was miles better. If they win that game I think they win it all.

Put another way, Rahim Moore cost the team a ring IMO.

Northman
04-17-2014, 02:56 PM
I wasn't saying the Ravens loss was a worse watch or they put forth a worse effort (though I think the Moore play is the worst ever by a Bronco).

But there was no "buzz saw" waiting for them that year, and the defense was miles better. If they win that game I think they win it all.

Put another way, Rahim Moore cost the team a ring IMO.

He was the biggest F/U in that game but to be fair, we did have a shot in OT to get it done and just couldnt come through. Sometimes you have to fight through those adversities and for whatever reason we couldnt pull out the win despite Moore's blunder.

tomjonesrocks
04-17-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm a true believer in karma! Elway, Fox & company are constantly preaching team unity. So it was really screwed up when word comes out they were denying players on IR from being in the team photo taken at the SB.

I've thought about that team pic/leaving those guys at home as well since the loss. Can't say whether that had any real impact but it's hard to say Fox did anything but shit himself and make every wrong move imaginable getting the team ready.

At least he's basically owned it and said as much. Likely too little too late but it's better than not. If he's not a SB coach he's not a SB coach...it is what it is I guess. Likable enough guy, but a good to very good (not great) coach.

tomjonesrocks
04-17-2014, 03:05 PM
He was the biggest F/U in that game but to be fair, we did have a shot in OT to get it done and just couldnt come through. Sometimes you have to fight through those adversities and for whatever reason we couldnt pull out the win despite Moore's blunder.

That's on Manning obviously. But he'd already done everything needed to win that game and the conditions were ridiculous. You can only lift that thousand pound weight so many times.

I was upset Manning couldn't get it done in OT at the time but at the end of the day that loss is on Moore 100 percent IMO.

SM19
04-18-2014, 01:47 PM
Thats too bad you had a bad season. We had a good year last year, should of enjoyed it more man.

Okay, now I can't tell if you misinterpreted my sarcasm or if you're just playing along. I hate the Internet.