PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Woodyard, badass.

GEM
09-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Did the guy have a great game yesterday or what? He's really starting to come into his own. He's fun to watch.

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 09:07 PM
You can't title a thread like that.

:tsk:

I thought there was something wrong. You freaked me out.

GEM
09-14-2009, 09:13 PM
There ya go Mo. :D Better?

MOtorboat
09-14-2009, 09:16 PM
There ya go Mo. :D Better?

Um, yeah.

G_Money
09-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Since I've been telling people he's a badass since college, I'm glad his badassery is showing. :salute: Some guys just have It. Forget size, forget drills. They have It. He wasn't voted a captain because he's a good special teams player, he was voted a captain because he's the kind of guy you charge onto the field for after he chews you out, exhorts you, and gets your blood up for the game. He has everything that DJ doesn't have in his toolbag.

He's a leader, and a winner, and a great football player. I'm glad he's a part of our D and I expect Nolan - who LOVES linebackers - to find himself unable to keep Wesley off the field.

That's my boy. :salute:

~G

LRtagger
09-14-2009, 10:11 PM
I think it was an awesome decision by Nolan to put him at LB in the nickle defense. It really makes our nickle package more effective against the pass and makes our overall defense more diverse in how we can defend certain situations.

I must admit I was wanting him to play safety for us last year, but I much prefer him as a nickle backer in this defense.

Another thing that's great about this year is not having to worry about crappy safety play.

Shutdown
09-14-2009, 10:34 PM
I would go as far as saying he is one of the top 3 in our defense. If he is used more in our inside line we will be AMAZING.

EastCoastBronco
09-15-2009, 07:41 AM
I remember last year there were people on here getting on Woodyard for being so jacked up on the field. I thought it was great. He was an island of intensity in a sea of lethargy. I thought they played great Sunday and they are still in the learning stages picking up Nolan's defensive scheme. If this defence can stay healthy they are going to be a force by mid season when they fully grasp their jobs on the field.
It's so nice to see after years of watching shitty, uninspired play on that side of the ball.

broncofaninfla
09-15-2009, 07:47 AM
I'm glad he is a Bronco!

Dreadnought
09-15-2009, 09:47 AM
The guy flat out plays football. I love seeing him on the field in orange and blue, and he's the kind of player makes it fun to be a fan.

TXBRONC
09-15-2009, 10:04 AM
It still amazes me that he went undrafted considering what he did in the SEC.

Superchop 7
09-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Throwback, plain and simple.

AgentOrange
09-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Romo without the 'roids

EMB6903
09-15-2009, 07:01 PM
this kid can play in any scheme regardless of size... hes a football player... he reminds me of a more athletic Bart Scott... could eventually become a better player....

honz
09-15-2009, 07:08 PM
I think he has HOF written all over him. Same with Orton.

TXBRONC
09-15-2009, 08:33 PM
All I know is that I'm glad we took a chance on him.

Lonestar
09-15-2009, 09:33 PM
He was a favorite of mine since I saw him at the combine..

was shocked to see him slip through the draft.. was happy to see him signed as an UDFA..

I have always thought he would make a hell of a Strong safety that he was just no big enough to play LB consistently..

but it shows when you have heart lots of things can happen..

all three of my adoptees should have been never wases in the NFL..

I took them all early last year when no one had heard of them.. but they they have all played bigger than they are..

lets hope they can be our Bruschi and Faulk .. players that should have not made the team but did so becuase of heart..

Dman444
09-15-2009, 10:27 PM
I love WWIII! He's a guy who may not be the most talented or have the ideal size for an ILB, but he plays with heart and he flies around the field. He also shows his worth by leading our special teams.

Even if he never starts for us I hope he can be a Keith Burns type player and contribute in any way possible.

First post!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2009, 10:32 PM
I love WWIII! He's a guy who may not be the most talented or have the ideal size for an ILB, but he plays with heart and he flies around the field. He also shows his worth by leading our special teams.

Even if he never starts for us I hope he can be a Keith Burns type player and contribute in any way possible.

First post!

Good first post, and :welcome: to Broncos Forums :salute:

skycoyote
09-16-2009, 05:13 AM
Lest we forget. Those small fast guys play ok in the regular season then they get there a..... kicked 55-10 in the superbowl. If he's a real football player he should be moved to safety where his size is more inline with that of a safety. A typical NFL safety is 6-1, 215 which is about where he plays. I hope this defense doesn't go down the path of past Bronco defenses that where undersized and prone to blowouts.

EastCoastBronco
09-16-2009, 06:36 AM
Lest we forget. Those small fast guys play ok in the regular season then they get there a..... kicked 55-10 in the superbowl. If he's a real football player he should be moved to safety where his size is more inline with that of a safety. A typical NFL safety is 6-1, 215 which is about where he plays. I hope this defense doesn't go down the path of past Bronco defenses that where undersized and prone to blowouts.

Did you see the size of that O-Line Cincy has? 3 of the 5 of them are over 350. We shut them out for 59 minutes. I don't think size is a real issue if you have a good scheme and the players understand it.

GEM
09-16-2009, 09:40 AM

If he's a real football player? :confused:

He did go undrafted out of college and has found his way onto the 53 man roster a couple years running, as well as being named a captain. I don't think a fake football player could pull that off.

:rolleyes:

skycoyote
09-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Either way, I would prefer if the Broncos didn't build a defense of undersized, overachievers.