PDA

View Full Version : Is there not a Game of Thrones thread? *SPOILERS*

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

DallasChief
04-16-2014, 08:30 AM
There's a thread about Draft Day but not GoT? Have you people lost your heads?

PatriotsGuy
04-16-2014, 09:44 AM
I've read all the books, what don't you want to know? I'll be happy to spoil everything for you.

artie_dale
04-16-2014, 10:40 AM
I looked for a thread but couldn't find it. Was gonna see if any of yous knew if there was a way to watch it without subscribing to HBO. There is.

weazel
04-16-2014, 12:20 PM
I looked for a thread but couldn't find it. Was gonna see if any of yous knew if there was a way to watch it without subscribing to HBO. There is.

pssss... torrents. game of thrones is the worlds most downloaded media ever.

slim
04-16-2014, 01:19 PM
Never heard of it.

Shazam!
04-16-2014, 06:41 PM
I loved watching Geoffrey die.

Northman
04-16-2014, 06:46 PM
There's a thread about Draft Day but not GoT? Have you people lost your heads?

Dont know about this board losing their heads but we do at times come up a little short. Right MO?

http://incoherent.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/GameOfThronesTyrion2_thumb.jpg

weazel
04-17-2014, 09:20 AM
that old lady apparently hated the King

artie_dale
04-17-2014, 09:41 AM

Honestly, I was like "Oh my God! Is it happening? Is it REALLY happening RIGHT NOW? I've been waiting for this day for so long, but is this really what I want? Am I ready for this??? I don't know. But its happening and nobody is saving him. OH MY GOD! Its REALLY HAPPENING and its happening so fast. WHO WILL I HATE WITH A PASSION NOW?!?! Oh... look at her face. look at that evil manipulative face. HER. I SHALL HATE HER with a passion. The Not Queen Anymore (his mother). Awe dammit! Tyrion is going to be accused... NOW I HATE HER MORE!!!!"

Seriously

artie_dale
04-17-2014, 09:43 AM
that old lady apparently hated the King

They all hated him. The new queen's grandmother was just telling Sansa (or Sensi?) how awful it was to murder someone at a wedding. Irony much?

Was the poison in the Wine or the Cake?

Mike
04-17-2014, 09:58 AM
They all hated him. The new queen's grandmother was just telling Sansa (or Sensi?) how awful it was to murder someone at a wedding. Irony much?

Was the poison in the Wine or the Cake?

Joff was a horrible kid, who would have made a horrible king.

Can I talk about spoilers from the book in here? Don't want to ruin anybody's viewing experience coming up. This season should be the most entertaining of the series.

artie_dale
04-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Joff was a horrible kid, who would have made a horrible king.

Can I talk about spoilers from the book in here? Don't want to ruin anybody's viewing experience coming up. This season should be the most entertaining of the series.

Since I haven't read the books, I'd prefer catching up via the TV series. That being said, anyone can post whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. I'll just not allow myself to come back in this thread. No biggie to me though, but others get upset.

Mike
04-17-2014, 10:07 AM
Since I haven't read the books, I'd prefer catching up via the TV series. That being said, anyone can post whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. I'll just not allow myself to come back in this thread. No biggie to me though, but others get upset.

No, don't do that. I don't need to post anything from the books. Or will put it in a tag if someone wants to know something.

Shazam!
04-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Spoil away...

artie_dale
04-17-2014, 10:18 AM
No, don't do that. I don't need to post anything from the books. Or will put it in a tag if someone wants to know something.

Was considering buying the books eventually, but I do enjoy my cinematic viewings. Nothing like seeing actual titties instead of reading about them.

DallasChief
04-17-2014, 10:24 AM
No book spoilers.

slim
04-17-2014, 11:45 AM
No book spoilers.

Overruled.

Mike, please continue.

PatriotsGuy
04-17-2014, 11:57 AM
No book spoilers.

I would never do that to all my cool friends here!!!!

weazel
04-17-2014, 01:26 PM
maybe make a book thread... that way you can spoil away and those that want to enter, can.

artie_dale
04-17-2014, 02:12 PM
maybe make a book thread... that way you can spoil away and those that want to enter, can.

Genius!

Timmy!
04-17-2014, 02:17 PM
If you guys spoil this series for me, I swear to god I will hunt you down, superglue antlers to your head, and bludgeon you to death with a tire iron.

MasterShake
04-18-2014, 09:21 PM
I've read the books as well, but will only discuss things that have been aired on HBO with my non-book caught up friends. Spoiling upcoming stuff seems dickish to me. I love scifi/fantasy books and it was a tough read so I can't fault those who haven't read the books yet.

SoCalImport
04-20-2014, 08:51 AM
I love scifi/fantasy books and it was a tough read so I can't fault those who haven't read the books yet.

Yeah. tough as in waiting 3 years for the next book kinda kills momentum.
It's still the best fantasy series Eva IMHO.

VonDoom
04-20-2014, 12:43 PM
I've read the books as well, but will only discuss things that have been aired on HBO with my non-book caught up friends. Spoiling upcoming stuff seems dickish to me. I love scifi/fantasy books and it was a tough read so I can't fault those who haven't read the books yet.

I agree. If you haven't been spoiled by now, I don't want to be the one to do it. I do love this book the best in the series though, and I'm glad they have two seasons to get it all on the screen. Joffrey's wedding was a big one early on this year, but I'm looking forward to a couple of other major plot points playing out by the end of the season.

Yeah. tough as in waiting 3 years for the next book kinda kills momentum.
It's still the best fantasy series Eva IMHO.

I can't call it "the best ever" at this point, as books four and five have been treading water and not advancing the plot greatly. Add in the long time between books and it's just kind of a drag right now. My vote would probably go to The Wheel of Time, even with all the bloat. Though if Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive delivers on the promise that it's created in the first two books, it might end up taking over the top spot on my list.

atwater27
04-26-2014, 07:14 PM
I just watched the red wedding episode with my wife. Needless to say, our jaws were on the ground.

MasterShake
04-26-2014, 10:37 PM
I just watched the red wedding episode with my wife. Needless to say, our jaws were on the ground.

One of the more masterfully edited episodes of the series. They translated it beautifully from the book. I was nervous they would show their hand too early to those who hadn't read it but it was crafted perfectly. The look of betrayal and cries for mercy were hard to watch for me and I knew what was coming!

artie_dale
05-01-2014, 10:27 AM

Yeah, my chin is still sore from hitting the ground so hard.

weazel
05-01-2014, 01:17 PM
One of the more masterfully edited episodes of the series. They translated it beautifully from the book. I was nervous they would show their hand too early to those who hadn't read it but it was crafted perfectly. The look of betrayal and cries for mercy were hard to watch for me and I knew what was coming!

and I thought it was too obvious that it was going to happen... and I had no idea until I watched the episode

Valar Morghulis
05-10-2014, 04:07 PM
I never watched Game of Thrones until about 10 days ago - i am now half way through season 3.

Denarius Targarian (or however you spell her name) has just taken a slave army and then kicked some serious ass of their old masters (including surprising me by speaking their language and then letting her dragons "tracharis" the pace).

Needless to say - i am addicted to this show now and also so hot for Denarius Targarian it is frightening.

Shazam!
05-10-2014, 04:16 PM
I never watched Game of Thrones until about 10 days ago - i am now half way through season 3.

Denarius Targarian (or however you spell her name) has just taken a slave army and then kicked some serious ass of their old masters (including surprising me by speaking their language and then letting her dragons "tracharis" the pace).

Needless to say - i am addicted to this show now and also so hot for Denarius Targarian it is frightening.

Everyone wants to **** the **** out of Deny.

She doesn't get naked enough, we need to start a petition.

Slick
05-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Such a great show. Brilliantly cast. One of these days I'll try reading the books.

Valar Morghulis
05-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Such a great show. Brilliantly cast. One of these days I'll try reading the books.

I just love it - i really like how no one character is safe, they spend 3 episodes setting up a plot, then just kill the dude that was going to be the lead in that story line.

OB
05-12-2014, 09:06 AM
I heard there is lots of wiener too :D

Someone is burning me the DVD's I cant wait to watch - it'll be the first dong Ive seen in like 9 months :lol:

MasterShake
05-12-2014, 09:13 AM
****Minor Spoilers Below****

I've hear complaints the the last few episodes have been "filler" but I am loving the exposition. The guy who plays Ramsay plays a great psychopath, and how he has reduced Theon (or "Reek") to his man servant has played out nicely. And of course, Peter Dinklage once again owns every scene he is in and the venom he spewed at his trial was priceless.

Mike
05-12-2014, 11:50 AM

I've hear complaints the the last few episodes have been "filler" but I am loving the exposition. The guy who plays Ramsay plays a great psychopath, and how he has reduced Theon (or "Reek") to his man servant has played out nicely. And of course, Peter Dinklage once again owns every scene he is in and the venom he spewed at his trial was priceless.

I think that, given Martin's writer's block history and backing himself into a corner with certain characters, he is making it easier to fix the problems he had in writing books 4 and 5. So in those "filler" moments of the episodes are some nuggets that allows the show to flow more naturally than the books and may be critical to the plot down the road. I am enjoying the diversions from the story though and am curious to see how they play out.

Great acting last night though. Dinklage nailed it.

NightTrainLayne
05-12-2014, 11:59 AM
I have to say that last night's episode ended with the best cliffhanger ever. I am so glad I only have to wait a week to see the next episode.

MasterShake
05-12-2014, 12:11 PM
I think that, given Martin's writer's block history and backing himself into a corner with certain characters, he is making it easier to fix the problems he had in writing books 4 and 5. So in those "filler" moments of the episodes are some nuggets that allows the show to flow more naturally than the books and may be critical to the plot down the road. I am enjoying the diversions from the story though and am curious to see how they play out.

The way they are using Bran this season nearly made me have a heart attack. I kept thinking, "Ok... going off course a bit but DO NOT have him see Jon!". Thankfully they didn't. I think they are just trying to show off the progression of his Warg abilities or something. His storyline in the books didn't pick up until much later from what I recall.

MasterShake
05-12-2014, 12:12 PM
I have to say that last night's episode ended with the best cliffhanger ever. I am so glad I only have to wait a week to see the next episode.

All the really good stuff is coming, too. Whats really going to suck is that I think they take a week off for Memorial Day! That will be a brutal wait if the episode titles are any indication.

MasterShake
05-12-2014, 12:13 PM

Yes I think they do a great job of cutting the fat of the books while maintaining character arcs and threads. Thats got to be tough to do!

Valar Morghulis
05-12-2014, 01:21 PM

Dinklage is amazing - i love the dynamic between him and Bronn,

That pyscho is so good at playing the role he actually makes me uncomfortable.

Denny is now in my top 5 women list that i am allowed to cheat on my wife with.

I am also loving the relationship with Arya and Dog.

Not enjoyed a TV show this much since the first few seasons of House.

CoachChaz
05-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Finally able to start watching this. Thank God for HBO GO. Read the books and hesitated on the series, but just 3 episodes in...I'm hooked all over again.

Valar Morghulis
05-13-2014, 03:54 PM
holy fuk - just watched jon snow put his sword through the back of that dudes head and out his mouth!

Valar Morghulis
06-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Just watched last weeks episode. Gutted about Egret - but Jon Snow is fuking hard core!

Gutted it is all about to end for another season.

Slick
06-14-2014, 04:07 PM
I thought the last episode was boring. An entire episode of the wall was overkill. I wanted to see Dany's translators tits again or get an update on Tyrion. Hopefully the last episode delivers.

Valar Morghulis
06-14-2014, 04:28 PM
with any luck it will be Denys tits and Tyrion will live!

MasterShake
06-14-2014, 10:19 PM
I thought the last episode was boring. An entire episode of the wall was overkill. I wanted to see Dany's translators tits again or get an update on Tyrion. Hopefully the last episode delivers.

I agree to an extent, but I am all backwards with this show. I'm all like, "Yes! A monologue from Tyrion! And tits for no reason!… ah man, now they are just having an epic battle with a giant at Castle Black. More exposition and boobs, please!"

:lol:

Some of my favorite things this season have been the setup more than the payoff. Watching Sansa bail out Littlefinger, Tyrion waxing philosophical about crushing beetles… the dialogue and acting on this show is top notch.

Valar Morghulis
06-15-2014, 03:41 AM
I agree to an extent, but I am all backwards with this show. I'm all like, "Yes! A monologue from Tyrion! And tits for no reason!… ah man, now they are just having an epic battle with a giant at Castle Black. More exposition and boobs, please!"

:lol:

Some of my favorite things this season have been the setup more than the payoff. Watching Sansa bail out Littlefinger, Tyrion waxing philosophical about crushing beetles… the dialogue and acting on this show is top notch.

Tyrions monologues are something that I look forward to, I really hope he is allowed to live or at least stays in the show as a prisoner whilst awaiting death - which is possible as Jamie Lannister was a prisoner of the starks for about 10 episodes.

I liked the Sansa coming of age moment as well - loving arya and the dog also.

It's just soooooo good. Too many good story lines running concurrently

Mike
06-16-2014, 12:07 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the finale. I don't mind some deviations, but I thought they left out some key character moments. It wouldn't have taken much time to cover it...if they took out a couple of the wasted scenes. Also, just had to shake my head with that skeleton/fireball scene.

MasterShake
06-16-2014, 12:28 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the finale. I don't mind some deviations, but I thought they left out some key character moments. It wouldn't have taken much time to cover it...if they took out a couple of the wasted scenes. Also, just had to shake my head with that skeleton/fireball scene.

Same here. There was plenty of good things, but it felt like climax after climax without much story to back it. The deviations from the book were a little strange, too (especially the Hound scene). I know they are trying to set up a lot of stuff for the next season, but the stuff they added and the stuff they kept out was strange to me. Overall my favorite season so far, though. The Viper and The Mountain is my new favorite episode.

Valar Morghulis
06-16-2014, 03:12 PM
I am about to watch it - we are a day behind in the UK - but i am so excited i might ejaculate

weazel
06-20-2014, 01:09 PM
I am about to watch it - we are a day behind in the UK - but i am so excited i might ejaculate

way to clear out the room...

artie_dale
06-20-2014, 01:12 PM
So, are we allowed to talk about that last episode?

Oh, and did anyone else invest so much want and emotion into The Mountain and the Viper episode that they were messed up for a while after not getting the result they wanted from that episode? I wanted so bad for the Viper to win, only to be let down by him suffering a horrible death... Zombie Rule #2, MAN. DOUBLE TAP!

Ravage!!!
06-20-2014, 01:31 PM
I don't care about any deviations from the books as I have never read them and won't. But I LOVED the finale.

CoachChaz
06-20-2014, 01:44 PM
I don't care about any deviations from the books as I have never read them and won't. But I LOVED the finale.

Audio books are a great invention.

artie_dale
06-20-2014, 02:46 PM

Thats exactly how I feel. I enjoy the Walking Dead series as well as this Game of Thrones series. Every time I've read a book THEN WATCHED a movie or TV series based on that book, I was more disappointed more times than not. But, when I watch the show and then read the book, I was satisfied and enjoyed BOTH more, more times than not.

Valar Morghulis
06-20-2014, 02:56 PM
I dont read books twice - because i know what happens.

I dont watch many films twice for the same reason.

So why watch a programme based on a book which you know what happens - i would rather they mixed it up a bit to keep me on the edge of my seat.

Also that Viper and Mountain episode was just outrageous

artie_dale
06-20-2014, 03:09 PM
I dont read books twice - because i know what happens.

I dont watch many films twice for the same reason.

So why watch a programme based on a book which you know what happens - i would rather they mixed it up a bit to keep me on the edge of my seat.

Also that Viper and Mountain episode was just outrageous

I think the last time I read something and watched a movie based on it later is Angels and Demons. I thought the book was very, very good, but I just couldn't get into the movie. So, I don't read much these days now ;)

CoachChaz
06-20-2014, 03:16 PM
I think the last time I read something and watched a movie based on it later is Angels and Demons. I thought the book was very, very good, but I just couldn't get into the movie. So, I don't read much these days now ;)

I think most books are better than their movie counterparts simply because your imagination can typically create a better mental visual than the visual some director sees. GOT is a great show. The books are better, IMO...but the show does them justice. I have no complaints.

MasterShake
06-20-2014, 03:50 PM
I think most books are better than their movie counterparts simply because your imagination can typically create a better mental visual than the visual some director sees. GOT is a great show. The books are better, IMO...but the show does them justice. I have no complaints.

The thing I appreciate about GOT the show as opposed to the books is that they are taking a very rich story and presenting it in a coherent manner. This season they overlapped two books together and kept the major story arcs going quite well. Don't get me wrong, I loved the books but there were stretches where even I though George RR Martin was making shit up and kind of aimless. Plus I had to consult a character guide several times because I would lose track of who the hell was who. The show helps me put faces with names a little better in retrospect.

On a side note I always imagined the Viper in the book like Inigo Montoya from the Princess Bride, and the guy in the show was pretty close!

weazel
06-20-2014, 03:55 PM
Thats exactly how I feel. I enjoy the Walking Dead series as well as this Game of Thrones series. Every time I've read a book THEN WATCHED a movie or TV series based on that book, I was more disappointed more times than not. But, when I watch the show and then read the book, I was satisfied and enjoyed BOTH more, more times than not.

Stephen King agrees.

Valar Morghulis
06-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Stephen King agrees.

He is too busy counting his millions to care!

weazel
06-20-2014, 04:02 PM
He is too busy counting his millions to care!

I'm not saying all the movies from his books are bad, Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile are two of my favorite movies.

Slick
06-20-2014, 05:19 PM
I got bored about halfway through the wall battle episode. The last episode did a pretty good job of tying a lot of things together. This is an outstanding show. I like it a lot. I was sad to see Tywin go. He was such a good, evil basturd.

Valar Morghulis
06-20-2014, 05:25 PM
I got bored about halfway through the wall battle episode. The last episode did a pretty good job of tying a lot of things together. This is an outstanding show. I like it a lot. I was sad to see Tywin go. He was such a good, evil basturd.

Agreed - but if it was him of Tyrian - Tywin had to go!

I was more gutted about the Dog

Ravage!!!
06-20-2014, 05:41 PM

The HOUND. Yeah.. pretty surprised he lost that fight. FIgured for sure they would have picked him over the chic. But one thing this show is NOT afraid of, and that is killing off it's top characters!

Valar Morghulis
06-20-2014, 05:55 PM
The HOUND. Yeah.. pretty surprised he lost that fight. FIgured for sure they would have picked him over the chic. But one thing this show is NOT afraid of, and that is killing off it's top characters!

I know that's what makes every scene with watching!

I think Arya could be a main player next season as she is a really good character and played by a good actress.

Ravage!!!
06-21-2014, 11:20 AM

I think Arya could be a main player next season as she is a really good character and played by a good actress.

man has her brother (on the show) grown up to be an ugly kid.

artie_dale
06-24-2014, 11:02 AM

Yo, she went balistic on his ass! That was an awesome brutal fight by both of them. I didn't know who I wanted to win. I mean, as much as I love the Hound and his BA-ness, a BA chic with a sword named "Oath Keeper"... now can you root against that?

Mike
06-25-2014, 08:32 AM
Yo, she went balistic on his ass! That was an awesome brutal fight by both of them. I didn't know who I wanted to win. I mean, as much as I love the Hound and his BA-ness, a BA chic with a sword named "Oath Keeper"... now can you root against that?

The Hound was slowed down by the bite. They mentioned it for a couple of episodes. Full strength Hound would have demolished her.

artie_dale
06-25-2014, 09:05 AM
The Hound was slowed down by the bite. They mentioned it for a couple of episodes. Full strength Hound would have demolished her.

You are right about the bite and probably right about the fight, but she whooped him and she whooped him good. And even though it took her to reach a psycho level, she whooped him and she took a beating in the process. I think no less of her. She's BA which means she's going to die :/

CoachChaz
06-25-2014, 09:12 AM

Based on the books...big things in store for Bran and Arya.

MasterShake
06-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Based on the books...big things in store for Bran and Arya.

I think the book and the show have pretty caught up with Bran's story unless I am remembering it wrong? I do have a theory about what the three eyed crow wizard said about "flying". I'm jealous that the show writers got all the info from RR Martin about how the books will end in case he kicks the bucket. Dude needs to eat a salad and get writing.

Slick
06-25-2014, 01:23 PM
What's your theory, Shake?

MasterShake
06-25-2014, 02:04 PM
What's your theory, Shake?

I think that since Bran is a Warg (mind control over animals and Hodor) I bet he takes control of one of the dragons in one of the major battles coming up, possibly the dragon that is showing signs of not obeying Daenerys.

artie_dale
06-25-2014, 02:09 PM
i think that since bran is a warg (mind control over animals and hodor) i bet he takes control of one of the dragons in one of the major battles coming up, possibly the dragon that is showing signs of not obeying daenerys.

ooooh snap!

Slick
06-25-2014, 02:15 PM
I think that since Bran is a Warg (mind control over animals and Hodor) I bet he takes control of one of the dragons in one of the major battles coming up, possibly the dragon that is showing signs of not obeying Daenerys.

Is he going to toast Dany's perky tits?

I just assumed the guy in the tree was referring to Bran's warg abilities but I wasn't smart enough to think that through like you did. Good call.

Nomad
07-27-2014, 08:04 AM
I was looking for a tv series to send to the wife to pass the time while on deployment, and the Fred Meyer guy recommended "The Game of Thrones". My wife and I never heard of the series. I bought the first season and it has been sent off, hopefully she'll like the show. I read there is already 4 seasons.

I'm too cheap to get HBO:lol:

Mike
07-27-2014, 09:02 AM
I was looking for a tv series to send to the wife to pass the time while on deployment, and the Fred Meyer guy recommended "The Game of Thrones". My wife and I never heard of the series. I bought the first season and it has been sent off, hopefully she'll like the show. I read there is already 4 seasons.

I'm too cheap to get HBO:lol:

You done goofed, son. She will enjoy looking at all the peen though. ;)

Valar Morghulis
09-13-2014, 12:20 PM
I just watched the Pilot again - there is so much stuff in it that makes sense having watched them all, but at the time i just thought were random bits of "filler"

DallasChief
09-16-2014, 08:38 AM
I see Sean Bean is another TV series. I hope he doesn't lose his head like he did last time.

pulse
01-20-2015, 08:53 PM
So the hype begins...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10933815_10152674407817734_9122298322160119238_n.j pg?oh=81b11e382c8a3c7e58214aae854cb48d&oe=552101E4&__gda__=1433251337_84f3a1bcba0d4ecdf056e1b2960abc1 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPiWD0yIWOY

Valar Morghulis
01-21-2015, 03:37 PM
Watching game of thrones from the beginning again in preparation.

So good.

Slick
01-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Watching game of thrones from the beginning again in preparation.

So good.

I did the same a few months ago. Such a great show. I'll miss Tywin Lannister. He was such a good villian. Probably my favorite character of the whole show. The Hound too.

Valar Morghulis
01-21-2015, 04:59 PM
I did the same a few months ago. Such a great show. I'll miss Tywin Lannister. He was such a good villian. Probably my favorite character of the whole show. The Hound too.

The hound must come back - we never saw him actually die

Valar Morghulis
01-21-2015, 05:01 PM
I just watched a film with arya stark in it. After watching season one when she is a little child to now where she is borderline ****able - it seems wrong

Ravage!!!
01-21-2015, 05:50 PM
The hound must come back - we never saw him actually die

Uhmmm... don't hold your breath on that one.

MasterShake
01-21-2015, 06:06 PM
They are doing an IMAX thing where they show the last 2 episodes of Season 4 and then cap off with an extended preview of Season 5. Unfortunately they are still making it like a regular priced IMAX movie so I am gonna pass. I think its only in a few cities.

pulse
01-21-2015, 09:36 PM
I just watched a film with arya stark in it. After watching season one when she is a little child to now where she is borderline ****able - it seems wrong

Well she is cute and looks like she's going to be attractive. But uh, yeah... I admit that is kind of disturbing. She seems very intelligent for a childhood actress so hopefully she doesn't end up being half as dysfunctional later on in life like so many that do.

pulse
01-30-2015, 08:48 PM
Holy shit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6XBzwQpbbU

Lancane
01-31-2015, 07:17 PM
Hell, I am just waiting for the next book. Sadly he takes so damn long writing each one that it's sometimes unbearable.

pulse
02-01-2015, 07:24 AM
Official release of Preview in HD

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152715877082734

PatriotsGuy
02-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Hell, I am just waiting for the next book. Sadly he takes so damn long writing each one that it's sometimes unbearable.

I'm with you

BroncoNut
02-06-2015, 01:39 PM

that just spoiled it for me. I'm sure you meant Joffrey. I'm reading it, but it doesn't surprise me he's an ass

BroncoNut
02-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Honestly, I was like "Oh my God! Is it happening? Is it REALLY happening RIGHT NOW? I've been waiting for this day for so long, but is this really what I want? Am I ready for this??? I don't know. But its happening and nobody is saving him. OH MY GOD! Its REALLY HAPPENING and its happening so fast. WHO WILL I HATE WITH A PASSION NOW?!?! Oh... look at her face. look at that evil manipulative face. HER. I SHALL HATE HER with a passion. The Not Queen Anymore (his mother). Awe dammit! Tyrion is going to be accused... NOW I HATE HER MORE!!!!"

Seriously

I skipped this post

MasterShake
02-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Well looks like what we all feared is real now. The series it outpacing the books:

Longtime readers of "A Song of Ice and Fire" — the still-incomplete book cycle on which HBO's Game of Thrones is based — get ready to roll your eyes.

Author George R. R. Martin's publisher, HarperCollins, confirmed that book six, The Winds of Winter, for which we've been waiting since 2011, will not be published in 2015. His publisher, Jane Johnson, tried to mollify fans by reminding them that a series of "prequel novellas" based in Martin's world of Westeros would arrive later this year. Nevertheless, she was adamant.

"These are increasingly complex books, and require immense amounts of concentration to write," Johnson told The Guardian. "Fans really ought to appreciate that the length of these monsters is equivalent to two or three novels by other writers.”

http://mashable.com/2015/01/30/game-of-thrones-george-r-r-martin/

The good news is that he does have the outlines finished and has supplied the writers at HBO with them so they can continue on without the actual books. We may miss out on some nuance, but truthfully HBO does a masterful job in my opinion of condensing those books and in some cases makes them better. I read the series over the summer of 2012 and I think its great how the show can craft dialogue and scenes that takes the book dozens of pages to expound upon. And sometimes they even make the more interesting character arcs last longer, like Arya and the Hound.

PatriotsGuy
02-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Well looks like what we all feared is real now. The series it outpacing the books:

http://mashable.com/2015/01/30/game-of-thrones-george-r-r-martin/

The good news is that he does have the outlines finished and has supplied the writers at HBO with them so they can continue on without the actual books. We may miss out on some nuance, but truthfully HBO does a masterful job in my opinion of condensing those books and in some cases makes them better. I read the series over the summer of 2012 and I think its great how the show can craft dialogue and scenes that takes the book dozens of pages to expound upon. And sometimes they even make the more interesting character arcs last longer, like Arya and the Hound.

That fat nerd pisses me off!

Lancane
02-06-2015, 04:26 PM
So lame...

But of course that is something we're seeing more of with writers these days.

MasterShake
02-06-2015, 05:01 PM
That fat nerd pisses me off!

I understand they take a long time to write, but its been almost 20 years. He probably types a sentence, eats exactly 3 Burger King french fries, takes a sip of diet coke, then naps. When he wakes up he just repeats that process until he finishes the book. That dude is going to die before he finishes the next book let alone anything after that.

Valar Morghulis
02-08-2015, 03:42 PM
Any man dies with a clean sword, i will rape his fuking corpse - The Hound Season 2 Episode 9

Valar Morghulis
02-11-2015, 06:11 PM
Just watched the episode where daenyris buys the slave soldiers with her Dragon, then at the end speaks in the slave masters language and kills them all.

Dracaress.

Ace.

MOtorboat
02-17-2015, 02:27 AM
I can finally watch Season 4 and Joffrey is dead. D-E-A-D. Dead.

Awesome.

Lancane
02-17-2015, 04:45 PM
Any word if they're going to kill Snow as they did in the book (Or left it open as a possibility) or since they're taking various other directions that this will be different as many other written character's fates have been altered?

weazel
02-17-2015, 04:54 PM
maybe there should be two threads... one for the books and one for the TV show. I get that the title of the thread say's Spoilers, generally if you're caught up on the series you can enter a spoiler thread with no worries but with the books being talked about, it kind of ruins it.

Lancane
02-17-2015, 05:31 PM
maybe there should be two threads... one for the books and one for the TV show. I get that the title of the thread say's Spoilers, generally if you're caught up on the series you can enter a spoiler thread with no worries but with the books being talked about, it kind of ruins it.

Sorry Weazel, not trying to ruin anything. Be happy the series is deviating from the books at times, but then there are part of the books that should be more in the series.

weazel
02-17-2015, 05:51 PM
Sorry Weazel, not trying to ruin anything. Be happy the series is deviating from the books at times, but then there are part of the books that should be more in the series.

It's okay I know, and you didn't really ruin anything. It just made me think that the conversation could get in depth about things that happen in the books.

Mike
02-18-2015, 09:00 AM
I understand they take a long time to write, but its been almost 20 years. He probably types a sentence, eats exactly 3 Burger King french fries, takes a sip of diet coke, then naps. When he wakes up he just repeats that process until he finishes the book. That dude is going to die before he finishes the next book let alone anything after that.

What makes Martin so frustrating is that he spends so much time doing things other than write the books. He travels, eats, writes other books/comics, eats, blogs, eats, etc., eats. For fans that have been reading since the beginning it just feels like a "**** you" to think that the tv show might wrap up the story. I am of the opinion that his success has him afraid to write anything for fear of not living up to the hype.

Mike
02-18-2015, 09:10 AM
Any word if they're going to kill Snow as they did in the book (Or left it open as a possibility) or since they're taking various other directions that this will be different as many other written character's fates have been altered?

Book spoiler...well my opinion of what happened in the book.

I don't think Snow is dead. The story is about his and Danerys' lines. Most likely Melissandre will give him the kiss and bring him back ala Dondarion and Catelyn.

weazel
02-18-2015, 10:17 AM
What makes Martin so frustrating is that he spends so much time doing things other than write the books. He travels, eats, writes other books/comics, eats, blogs, eats, etc., eats. For fans that have been reading since the beginning it just feels like a "**** you" to think that the tv show might wrap up the story. I am of the opinion that his success has him afraid to write anything for fear of not living up to the hype.

How dare that ******* do things like travel, eat and write other books! Why hasn't there been a lynch mob put together to cage him up and force him to write you more of your story?

sorry man, not busting your balls. Just thought it was funny as I read that.

Mike
02-18-2015, 12:01 PM
How dare that ******* do things like travel, eat and write other books! Why hasn't there been a lynch mob put together to cage him up and force him to write you more of your story?

sorry man, not busting your balls. Just thought it was funny as I read that.

Not begrudging a guy for taking breaks, but when it is 90% breaks and 10% writing...you get 5+ years in between books which makes people disgruntled. Then to sell the story to HBO and to have it catch up and move pass the books in the timeline....just seems wrong to a guy who has been reading since the beginning. Without fans he wouldn't be enjoying the other perks and I think he treats his fans poorly.

Lancane
02-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Not begrudging a guy for taking breaks, but when it is 90% breaks and 10% writing...you get 5+ years in between books which makes people disgruntled. Then to sell the story to HBO and to have it catch up and move pass the books in the timeline....just seems wrong to a guy who has been reading since the beginning. Without fans he wouldn't be enjoying the other perks and I think he treats his fans poorly.

Sad thing is that we're seeing this more and more, Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time (He actually passed before it was finished and someone else was left to take his notes and finish it), J.K. Rowling did much the same with her Potter series, Christopher Paolini did it with his Inheritance books. But then I see writers like Mercedes Lackey and R.A. Salvatore turning out major books a couple times a year.

As for treating fans poorly, I absolutely agree with you, that is why Darren Shan the writer who got a lot of complaints from his fans about his Circue Du Freak series - he told them to F' off that he doesn't write for them and his publisher made him apologize or they were going to drop him. George Lucas did much the same to his Star Wars' fans and then Disney bought his companies and basically kicked him to the curb cause they felt differently.

MOtorboat
02-23-2015, 10:31 AM
I finished the last episode for Season 4 yesterday afternoon, and instead of the Oscars, decided to go back and watch Season 1. There's so much foreshadowing of things, even in Season 4. One of the opening scenes in the entire series is Danyrus getting into the scalding water unharmed. It's just such a great show and pretty amazing to see how characters, especially the Stark children, have grown up.

Valar Morghulis
02-23-2015, 10:40 AM
I finished the last episode for Season 4 yesterday afternoon, and instead of the Oscars, decided to go back and watch Season 1. There's so much foreshadowing of things, even in Season 4. One of the opening scenes in the entire series is Danyrus getting into the scalding water unharmed. It's just such a great show and pretty amazing to see how characters, especially the Stark children, have grown up.

Yeah. Rewatching the seasons was something I am so glad I did.

They never get old either.

I am totally obsessed.

Valar Morghulis.

Valar Morghulis
02-23-2015, 12:17 PM
Just watched the "making off" season 5.

It looks so good!

#teamarya
#teamimp
#teamspider
#teamlittlefinger
#teamdenyaersthemotherofdragonsandbreakerofchains
#wouldlovetoslipcerseiasalengthandbehersquire

pulse
02-28-2015, 12:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-4T7M7W4AAoZR4.jpg:large

Valar Morghulis
02-28-2015, 12:40 PM
I just ejaculated a little.

Slick
02-28-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm going to miss Tywin Lannister.

Valar Morghulis
02-28-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm going to miss Tywin Lannister.

I miss them all - even Joffery (i liked hating him)

Lancane
02-28-2015, 07:08 PM
I miss them all - even Joffery (i liked hating him)

Come on, Joffrey died spectacularly - sick little ****.

Valar Morghulis
02-28-2015, 07:16 PM
Come on, Joffrey died spectacularly - sick little ****.

It was truly awesome.

But nothing beats the Prince of Dorne's eye popping death

Valar Morghulis
03-01-2015, 08:36 AM
No way as a grown man I should be this excited

pulse
03-09-2015, 10:35 PM
March 09, 2015
HBO Confirms Streaming Service in April
The rumors have been out there… and are now confirmed with HBO’s press release announcing it’s HBO Now service to launch in April (just in time for Game of Thrones season 5—coincidence? Don’t think so!)
Here’s the full details:

Check out and share the HBO NOW promo video at: http://youtu.be/tQEhY_MJk9M
HBO TO LAUNCH STANDALONE PREMIUM STREAMING SERVICE IN APRIL

APPLE TO OFFER HBO SUBSCRIPTION FOR FIRST TIME THROUGH HBO NOW

SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2015 – Home Box Office announced today the name of its standalone premium streaming service – HBO NOW – and that the service will launch this April, bringing the highly anticipated new product to audiences in time for the fifth season of Game of Thrones. HBO and Apple also announced that for the first time an HBO subscription will be made available directly to Apple customers through HBO NOW. HBO NOW provides instant access to HBO’s acclaimed programming. Watch every episode of every season of the best series programming, more of the biggest and latest Hollywood hit movies, original HBO Films, groundbreaking documentaries, sports and comedy and music specials. To subscribe to the streaming service HBO NOW, consumers only need the internet. Apple will give viewers the ability to enjoy HBO programming via HBO NOW. Upon launch, customers can subscribe using the HBO NOW app on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, or directly on Apple TV for instant access. Users can purchase HBO NOW directly in-app for $14.99 a month. Upon registering, subscribers will also be able to watch at HBONOW.com. HBO will offer a 30 day introductory free trial period to new HBO NOW customers who sign up through Apple in April. HBO continues to be in discussions with its existing network of distributors and new digital partners to offer HBO NOW. At launch, HBO NOW will be available on iOS devices and on PCs. “HBO NOW is the next phase of innovation at HBO,” said Richard Plepler, chairman and CEO, HBO. “With this new partnership, a natural evolution for the network, we have access to millions of Apple customers who are used to getting their favorite apps immediately. Now, they can do the same with an HBO subscription.”

“HBO NOW offers a new generation of HBO fans many of the best TV programs in the world without a cable or satellite subscription,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services. “Now, with the same simplicity as buying an app, customers can subscribe to HBO NOW and instantly start viewing their favorite HBO programs as they air – this is huge.” Similar to HBO GO, HBO NOW will offer more than 2,000 titles online. This includes current critically acclaimed series like Game of Thrones®, True Detective®, Silicon Valley®, Girls®, Veep® and The Leftovers®, as well as classics like The Sopranos®, Sex and the City®, True Blood®, The Wire® and Deadwood®. Highly-anticipated upcoming original programs like Westworld, the drama series starring Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris and Evan Rachel Wood; The Brink, the dark comedy series starring Jack Black and Tim Robbins; the new season of the Emmy®-winning True Detective with Vince Vaughn, Colin Farrell and Rachel McAdams; and HBO Films’ Bessie, starring Queen Latifah, will become available on HBO NOW as they air on HBO.

In addition, HBO NOW will showcase Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, named “best of 2014” on many critics’ lists; VICE, the Emmy®-winning, cutting-edge news magazine series hosted by Shane Smith; HBO Sports documentaries, series and World Championship Boxing events; and groundbreaking documentary programming like Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst and the Oscar®-winning Citizenfour.

Home Box Office, Inc. is the premium television programming subsidiary of Time Warner Inc. and the world’s most successful pay TV service, providing the two television services – HBO® and Cinemax® – to approximately 127 million subscribers worldwide. The services offer the popular subscription video-on-demand products HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand®, as well as HBO NOW, HBO GO® and MAX GO®, HD feeds and multiplex channels. Internationally, HBO branded television networks, along with the subscription video-on-demand products HBO On Demand and HBO GO, bring HBO services to over 60 countries. HBO and Cinemax programming is sold into over 150 countries worldwide.

Valar Morghulis
03-16-2015, 04:20 PM
Anyone got any crazy predictions for the next season?

Samwell tally to be the new Lord commander etc etc

Someone on here already said about bran stark going crazy with a Dragon

I think maybe Jon snow is the child of the red woman.

I think also sansa kills littlefinger to save tyrion

Lastly arya and denaerys to form an alliance.

Not read any books - saw no spoilers, just wanted to post some predictions.

BroncoNut
03-23-2015, 10:59 AM

I just started the 3rd book of the series. I came upon season one on HBO last night. I think it was a rerun, like not live or anything. (but seriously), it was "safe" for me to watch because it was what I had already read.

I started the 3rd book on Saturday and it's moving. I would like to "catch up" for when it starts in a few weeks, but where did they books leave off in relation to the seasons? anyone know?

BroncoNut
03-23-2015, 11:01 AM

oh, I liked Daneary's in the movie. pretty cute. pretty eyes. they were green. I liked the way she dressed too.

MOtorboat
05-24-2015, 09:07 PM
oh, I liked Daneary's in the movie. pretty cute. pretty eyes. they were green. I liked the way she dressed too.
Last edited by AGap; 03-23-2015 at 11:07 AM. Reason: became sexually arounse dwhile posting and posted inappropriate content towards the end

That is the greatest edit in forum history.

And Cersei is going to get hers.

BroncoNut
05-25-2015, 04:28 PM
Omg this thread suks

Valar Morghulis
05-25-2015, 04:30 PM
Omg this thread suks

You do

weazel
05-25-2015, 04:57 PM
Omg this thread suks

there was a mad dog in the last episode...

BroncoNut
05-25-2015, 09:58 PM
You do
I think so too. Haven't had a salute for about a week. Random thoughts/buff. That was the last one. Not being quoted much either except for posts like this. Oh well guess I'm chopped liver. I hope you all die painfully and tragically

underrated29
05-26-2015, 12:03 AM
The tits in the last episode were grand!

BroncoNut
05-26-2015, 09:08 AM
The tits in the last episode were grand!

hmm. sorry I missed those. To whom were they attached?

weazel
05-26-2015, 09:23 AM
hmm. sorry I missed those. To whom were they attached?

they really were quite immaculate. one of those sisters that tried to kill the king slayer and his escort... ya I know, I'm not interested enough in this show to remember their names. There's too many characters.

Valar Morghulis
05-26-2015, 09:43 AM
they really were quite immaculate. one of those sisters that tried to kill the king slayer and his escort... ya I know, I'm not interested enough in this show to remember their names. There's too many characters.

I was so pleased Bronn got the antidote and lived, he is a great character

BroncoNut
05-26-2015, 11:08 AM

I'm not sure of that scenario, but maybe Sansa's boobies?

weazel
05-27-2015, 11:17 AM
I'm not sure of that scenario, but maybe Sansa's boobies?

definitely no... this chick was hot.

MasterShake
05-31-2015, 10:46 PM
I'll hold off on talking about it too much until everyone gets a chance to see it but wow what a good episode! Last year the 8th Episode brought us the Mountain popping a head and now we get this epic battle. The final moments were particularly chilling, especially with the lack of dialogue and music.

ShaneFalco
06-01-2015, 02:50 AM
http://photos.vanityfair.com/2015/06/01/556bc21c378caf0d670e4d8c_come-at-me-crow-nights-king.gif

weazel
06-01-2015, 10:21 AM
very, very good episode! I just kinda wish they would stop trying to just sleepwalk through the first 7 episodes and then start engaging the action in the last 2 or 3. It gets old.

MasterShake
06-01-2015, 11:11 AM
very, very good episode! I just kinda wish they would stop trying to just sleepwalk through the first 7 episodes and then start engaging the action in the last 2 or 3. It gets old.

I get what you are saying, but I think part of what makes the "payoff" episodes so good is the setup. It is still MUCH better than some of the later books in the series. Martin seemed to be writing as he was thinking of what the hell to do next. They way the show expedites (and not creates) the story is pretty well done overall, though this season is not quite as good as the last save for last nights episode.

underrated29
06-01-2015, 12:25 PM
I still dont get why they werent paddling as fast as they could away from the Whites. When he is standing at the dock just staring him down I would have been paddling my ass so fast!!! Instead they are just floating off of momentum and no one is paddling. Granted, I get it, they are filming so they would have to row all the way back to shore but those are the small things that normally they dont overlook.

Great episode though!! I was worried that he was going to summon a storm and or freeze the lake and trap them or allow them to walk out on ice or something.

Valar Morghulis
06-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Whoa, what an episode. This session had been a slow burner, but tonight was ace.

I was so worried Jon snow was going to be killed.

Loved the tyrian and Denny part - awesome.

I hope cersei escapes and kills those fanatics.

#teamarya

MOtorboat
06-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Whoa, what an episode. This session had been a slow burner, but tonight was ace.

I was so worried Jon snow was going to be killed.

Loved the tyrian and Denny part - awesome.

I hope cersei escapes and kills those fanatics.

#teamarya

I hope the fanatics are overthrown, but not until they starve Cersei to death.

ShaneFalco
06-01-2015, 09:04 PM
SPOILER BELOW

Apparently this ICE king guy, is a former stark, that was the 13th commander of the watch. He married a white walker, and became king. He lived thousands of years ago, but now he is back to reclaim the north!

Valar Morghulis
06-01-2015, 11:52 PM
I could see that. I remember Ned talking about being descended from the first men or something

Also. Is Jon Snows sword made of Dragon glass?

ShaneFalco
06-02-2015, 12:00 AM
Valyrian steel.

Valar Morghulis
06-02-2015, 12:17 AM
Valyrian steel.

I thought that - so what was so special about it that it allowed him to kill the white walker (who looked liked the same white walked tally killed last season)

Poet
06-02-2015, 01:20 AM
Cersei is one of the biggest heroes in the show.

chazoe60
06-02-2015, 07:00 AM
Cersei is one of the biggest heroes in the show.

Yeah, with all her doing nothing and whatnot.

Poet
06-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Yeah, with all her doing nothing and whatnot.

If you actually look at most characters in the show, you'll find most of them do nothing at all. No one's done more than Littlefinger, he started it all. Is that one of your favorite characters?

chazoe60
06-02-2015, 03:46 PM
If you actually look at most characters in the show, you'll find most of them do nothing at all. No one's done more than Littlefinger, he started it all. Is that one of your favorite characters?

No. I like the MO looking dude. That lil' ****** gets shit done.

VonDoom
06-02-2015, 03:47 PM

Actually, yes, I do like Littlefinger.

Cersei is the worst. She overreached trying to bring down Margaery and now she's suffering in her own trap. Oh, the delicious irony.

Everyone is talking about the zombie battle, but my favorite scene in this episode was Tyrion and Daenarys verbally sparring.

Valar Morghulis
06-02-2015, 03:49 PM
, but my favorite scene in this episode was Tyrion and Daenarys verbally sparring.

Yeah, that was brilliant.

It was the same last season when he was talking about crushing beetles with his brother

Poet
06-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Tyrion vs Dany was incredible. Both of those are amongst my favorite characters in the show. I like Cersei because she's vicious and perseveres through a lot.

My favorite character got decapitated early in the show.

MOtorboat
06-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Tyrion vs Dany was incredible. Both of those are amongst my favorite characters in the show. I like Cersei because she's vicious and perseveres through a lot.

My favorite character got decapitated early in the show.

The member of the Night's Watch who abandons the wall in the opening scenes?

weazel
06-02-2015, 05:10 PM
my favorite character in the series is "Guard exiting Room" in the episode 3, season 2

Poet
06-02-2015, 08:01 PM
my favorite character in the series is "Guard exiting Room" in the episode 3, season 2

I laughed for a good minute when I read this.

Valar Morghulis
06-03-2015, 12:09 AM

Weazel wins.

Even reading this back still makes me smile! Good effort!

Mike
06-04-2015, 09:21 AM
I thought that - so what was so special about it that it allowed him to kill the white walker (who looked liked the same white walked tally killed last season)

It is forged with dragon fire and magic if I remember right.

Davii
06-04-2015, 09:30 AM
It is forged with dragon fire and magic if I remember right.

I thought it was dragon fire and music.

Mike
06-04-2015, 10:19 AM
I thought it was dragon fire and music.

Music was played but it didn't really impact the blade. It was just for the mage's to bounce to.

Slick
06-04-2015, 01:25 PM
I miss Tywin. He was a great villian. Cersei is just a bitch. Tywin was much more interesting. His scenes with Arya Stark were great.

I haven't seen last week's episode yet. Going to try to watch it tonight.

Valar Morghulis
06-04-2015, 01:32 PM
I miss Tywin. He was a great villian. Cersei is just a bitch. Tywin was much more interesting. His scenes with Arya Stark were great.

I haven't seen last week's episode yet. Going to try to watch it tonight.

Arya was great with Tywin - but awesome with the Hound.

Arya is awesome.

Same with Tyrian, i can not wait for those to to have a scene together!

Poet
06-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Tywin was one of the best characters in that entire book, so of course he got got in GOT. BOOM 3got.

underrated29
06-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Tywin was one of the best characters in that entire book, so of course he got got in GOT. BOOM 3got.

Mo is trying to figure out how oxford comma this post

Poet
06-04-2015, 04:55 PM
You know the girl in the show who is Dany's assistant? The one who has the love thing with the unsullied dude? That girl is so beautiful it hurts my eyes.

weazel
06-04-2015, 05:22 PM
You know the girl in the show who is Dany's assistant? The one who has the love thing with the unsullied dude? That girl is so beautiful it hurts my eyes.

I'm lost... this post means nothing without pictures

MasterShake
06-04-2015, 06:49 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/A275165E-1E16-41F6-ABD3-7913728EED7B_zpsm6akr99f.jpg

Poet
06-04-2015, 06:55 PM
I would like to take this time to point out how much I hate Mastershake.

MasterShake
06-04-2015, 07:50 PM
I would like to take this time to point out how much I hate Mastershake.

What's wrong, buddy?

Poet
06-04-2015, 07:51 PM
What's wrong, buddy?

I hate that south park joke, haha.

BroncoNut
06-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Cersei's a bitch, but I would give anything to bed her still

ShaneFalco
06-07-2015, 11:33 PM
all i know is kalise just went off the chain. Dragons burning those bitches.

And Stannis is a ruthless *******.

underrated29
06-08-2015, 12:20 AM

Missandi and you see her nice tits in episode 5?....mmmmmm....I still like the short haired donnish girl. The most beautiful girl in the world. Plus she has a world class chest. I'd take either, happily.

Mike
06-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Stannis is a cold-hearted kunt.

MasterShake
06-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Stannis is a cold-hearted kunt.

No kidding. Never thought I'd have a rooting interest for the Boltons but here we are.

Mike
06-08-2015, 09:25 AM
No kidding. Never thought I'd have a rooting interest for the Boltons but here we are.

Maybe rooting for the Others.

chazoe60
06-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Stannis and the Boltons will all die horribly painful slow deaths of there is ever to be justice in this show.

weazel
06-08-2015, 11:43 AM
this show has fell into a sick pattern of rape... someone gets raped in every episode and it's getting old. I get they didn't show it in this episode but they implied it when the dude in the brothel demanded a little girl and then before he dragged her into the back room told them he would need a new one the next night. Ya we get it, these people aren't saints, you can think of other things to show how evil they are... maybe like burning people?? oh yeah, that has now been done at least 3 times too.

MasterShake
06-08-2015, 12:40 PM
this show has fell into a sick pattern of rape... someone gets raped in every episode and it's getting old. I get they didn't show it in this episode but they implied it when the dude in the brothel demanded a little girl and then before he dragged her into the back room told them he would need a new one the next night. Ya we get it, these people aren't saints, you can think of other things to show how evil they are... maybe like burning people?? oh yeah, that has now been done at least 3 times too.

Its been like that since the beginning. I think the big difference now is that characters we are getting attached to are falling to the same fate as background characters in the show and its more noticeable. Since season one its been rape, killing babies, burning people, flaying people, etc.

I know not to get attached after reading the books but damned if this isn't a little bit too much like the realities of war where even the noble and innocent get killed. I think Tyrion put it best in the last episode when he said he was looking for a leader that was the "...right kind of terrible." One thing I will enjoy is when Ramsey and Stannis finally get theirs... it will be that much better because they have really let these characters fester.

One thing I love about this show is that it really makes you buy into the story. If I ran into the guy who played Stannis in real life I'd be tempted to punch him in the face. Speaking of which, you can track down the full version but I love this interaction of the actors "behind the scenes" of the Game of Thrones Musical:

3FcztFvCTC0

Mike
06-08-2015, 01:06 PM

I am guessing that the scene was about establishing a reason for Arya to get close to Trant to kill him. She will be his next young girl and she will end him. He has been on her list since killing her sword teacher in the first season.

underrated29
06-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Off topic but need help nonetheless. I am on a new laptop and it says that i need a "plug in to display content". What is a plug in and where do I find this plug in to plug in so I can see the displayed content...

Right now I have a black box with a lego block in the middle.

MasterShake
06-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Off topic but need help nonetheless. I am on a new laptop and it says that i need a "plug in to display content". What is a plug in and where do I find this plug in to plug in so I can see the displayed content...

Right now I have a black box with a lego block in the middle.

Are you on Firefox? You might be missing the Flash Player. Just google and download it and see if that works. Better yet, Download Google Chrome.

weazel
06-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Are you on Firefox? You might be missing the Flash Player. Just google and download it and see if that works. Better yet, Download Google Chrome.

chrome needs flash installed as well.

MasterShake
06-08-2015, 01:36 PM
chrome needs flash installed as well.

Flash is built in with Chrome and it updates automatically. It also supports HTML 5 video pretty well.

chazoe60
06-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Good job UR, you just turned a Game of Thrones thread into a geekfest. Oh wait..........

MOtorboat
06-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Good job UR, you just turned a Game of Thrones thread into a geekfest. Oh wait..........

Hold your tongue, dear sir.

chazoe60
06-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Hold your tongue, dear sir.

I think that is literally the nicest thing you've ever said to me.

Poet
06-08-2015, 04:55 PM

Knock, knock!

chazoe60
06-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Knock, knock!
**** off, fatty.

weazel
06-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Flash is built in with Chrome and it updates automatically. It also supports HTML 5 video pretty well.

I hate when you belittle me in front of the kids

Poet
06-08-2015, 05:13 PM
**** off, fatty.

**** off, fatty.

MasterShake
06-08-2015, 10:08 PM
I hate when you belittle me in front of the kids

Its time we had a talk... I'm sick of you coming home drunk. I'm going to stay with my mother for awhile but I'm taking the Range Rover.

Poet
06-08-2015, 10:11 PM
To be fair to MS, if Weazel showed up drunk at my house I'd probably steal his car as well.

weazel
06-09-2015, 09:13 AM
does anyone else find it telling that MS grabbed the wife role a little too easily?

underrated29
06-09-2015, 10:45 AM
does anyone else find it telling that MS grabbed the wife role a little too easily?

He serves the two faced god, and well! He can look and play any role. Do you know how many dead bodies he has washed with a sponge?

underrated29
06-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Speaking of which, what is a cockle? Arya sells, clams, mussels and cockels or something. What is a cockel?

(awaiting a penis joke and not the answers I seek)

Valar Morghulis
06-09-2015, 11:18 AM
Speaking of which, what is a cockle? Arya sells, clams, mussels and cockels or something. What is a cockel?

Happy to oblige.

Remove your pants, inspect your penis, understand what a cockel is.

underrated29
06-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Happy to oblige.

Remove your pants, inspect your penis, understand what a cockel is.

hmmm. seemed bigger in the show? Do they still require a knife to open?

Valar Morghulis
06-09-2015, 11:47 AM
hmmm. seemed bigger in the show? Do they still require a knife to open?

no knife - you will get a better response with some dirty talk and a gentle stroking motion to start with.

weazel
06-09-2015, 11:56 AM

I asked the same thing the other night.

Valar Morghulis
06-09-2015, 12:39 PM
a cockel is like a mussel but smaller - in the UK a few years ago, someone had about 30 chinese immigrants (illegal) on a beach picking them and they got washed out to sea and died.

weazel
06-09-2015, 12:41 PM
a cockel is like a mussel but smaller - in the UK a few years ago, someone had about 30 chinese immigrants (illegal) on a beach picking them and they got washed out to sea and died.

those poor cockles

MasterShake
06-09-2015, 12:43 PM
I asked the same thing the other night.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cockle

MasterShake
06-09-2015, 12:44 PM

Not a wife role, gay lover. Silly bear!

weazel
06-09-2015, 12:45 PM
Not a wife role, gay lover. Silly bear!

that one had me LOL, and kind of curious!

Valar Morghulis
06-09-2015, 12:46 PM
those poor cockles

dont worry - the cockles were fine. Not so much the chinese. I think the wave was a result of homosexuals in texas - god loves texas too much to punish them, so he took it out on the chinese - although i might be wrong, perhaps it was because obama.

MasterShake
06-09-2015, 12:46 PM
that one had me LOL, and kind of curious!

That's how I met my last special "guest" who lives in my basement and isn't allowed to scream when they hear a knock at the door!

weazel
06-09-2015, 12:48 PM
That's how I met my last special "guest" who lives in my basement and isn't allowed to scream when they hear a knock at the door!

we keep our gimp in a cage

MasterShake
06-14-2015, 10:50 PM
That episode was ****** up! At this point I'm rooting for the white walkers. I suppose Tyrion can live in a house with Varys and have a nice little odd couple relationship but everyone on this show deserves to die.

MOtorboat
06-14-2015, 10:56 PM
Jon Snow.

**** you Game of Thrones.

MasterShake
06-14-2015, 11:36 PM
Jon Snow.

**** you Game of Thrones.

*****MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW******

Well at least they followed the book on that plot point. I think they are trying to give Martin time to release his book to see if he is really a goner before they start shooting/writing the next season or at least give them the outline to work with. I think there is no way Jon Snow is dead as he was at the end of Dance of Dragons, and the show runners may have shown their hand by having Melisandre nearby who has a hand in resurrecting people when needed.

The other theories that may still come to pass in regards to Jon Snow continuing on in some capacity include Lady Stoneheart and of course the fan-favorite theory that Jon is actually the child of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark which would make him a dragon rider (after he is possibly resurrected). There is also the fact that the head honcho white walker was rumored to be an old Knights Watch leader and a Stark himself, so maybe that is why he and Jon had a little "moment" with each other after the battle? I kind of like the idea that the walkers might be more than a cut and dry "evil" force, and maybe they are even necessary to some extent? Some of these theories might put Jon Snow in a mythological Jesus-like story arc where he is betrayed and rises again, but I find it hard to believe that that was the end of him.

underrated29
06-15-2015, 01:28 AM
Pretty much nailed it. I didn't believe he was either in the books......

Spoilers... Sorry. Spoilers.

I've always subscribed to rlj....I also think the red bitch did tip their hands but more so only for us book readers.....my gf had forgotten earlier where people were brought back by TLoL. My guess is only maybe half the non readers will remember what happened in the 2nd book. Since they skipped lady stone hart completely that also leaves an in there too.

Poet
06-15-2015, 03:51 AM
Spoilers - but tbh, if you see something that is spoiled and you're behind...bro...you're on the last page right now, and in the future, if this is further behind, pay attention to what's being talked about you git! Regardless this post is about season five and it's finale!!!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Snow isn't dead. He's going to live via being a Warg.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/15/game-of-thrones-finale-shocker-yes-he-s-really-dead.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

Apparently he's been told that he's gone.

VonDoom
06-15-2015, 06:18 AM
Spoilers - but tbh, if you see something that is spoiled and you're behind...bro...you're on the last page right now, and in the future, if this is further behind, pay attention to what's being talked about you git! Regardless this post is about season five and it's finale!!!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/15/game-of-thrones-finale-shocker-yes-he-s-really-dead.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

Interesting edit there. As MasterShake said, there are a lot of theories about Snow being super important to the future main story line. I always assumed he was alive at the end of the book (mostly because it wasn't spelled out that he was dead, which is usually a tip off in the books). Same with the show, though he certainly appeared dead. Martin was asked in a q&a, "Why did you kill Jon Snow?" and his reponse was, "Oh, you think he's dead, do you?"

So I'm not sure if they're just keeping up appearances by telling Harrington he won't be back or what. I was never a big Jon Snow fan, but I think he's needed up there at the Wall. No idea what they'll do without him.

The Cersei walk of shame was tremendously done - even more powerful than in the book, IMO. Brienne and Arya were both pretty badass this episode as well.

BroncoWave
06-15-2015, 07:30 AM

IMO, if you go in and read a thread like this on the night of the finale when you haven't seen the finale, you deserve what you get when you read spoilers. No one should have to avoid discussing spoilers, or really even provide a warning, when this area is clearly being used to talk about new episodes.

VonDoom
06-15-2015, 08:16 AM
I got to thinking this morning - as we know, no one can be happy on this show for long. That story line in Dorne that was boring so many people seemingly ended with Jaime and Myrcella sharing a moment. As soon as they smiled, I knew she was done for.

Which leads me to this - when will Ramsey get his? Has any despicable character on this show ever had so many positive things happen to him? He helped raze Winterfell, tortures Theon, gets legitimized, was given Winterfell, rapes Sansa nightly and resoundingly destroys Stannis. What bad thing has ever happened to him? I imagine there's an epic fall coming here, right? Even Joffrey had had occasional bad things happen to him before his death.

weazel
06-15-2015, 09:40 AM
That episode was ****** up! At this point I'm rooting for the white walkers. I suppose Tyrion can live in a house with Varys and have a nice little odd couple relationship but everyone on this show deserves to die.

holy shit this is the exact thought I had after that episode, I really am routing for the walkers now.

MasterShake
06-15-2015, 09:45 AM

Well we won't know for sure he is gone until he doesn't show up on the set for filming next year. I doubt he is at liberty to say right now, "Oh yeah, I'll be back next year!" :lol:

The Warg is an interesting theory, but I think that is going to be more where Bran's storyline picks back up. But then again maybe the Warging power is something that runs in the Stark family, and Ghost is still alive. I think the next season is going to be less political maneuvering and more fantasy. I just want them to focus heavily on getting the key players aligned and explaining what the walkers end game is.

Slick
06-15-2015, 11:12 AM
I'm getting the last 2 episodes as I type this. I still enjoy reading the comments here even before I've seen the episodes.

This season hasn't been my favorite. Even episode 8 with the big fight was kind of meh in my opinion. The giant was cool though. I liked when he went apeshit.

I liked the political manuverings in the earlier seasons and I still miss Charles Dance.

Slick
06-15-2015, 11:13 AM
Did Bran even appear in season 5?

MasterShake
06-15-2015, 11:40 AM
Did Bran even appear in season 5?

Nope, but I imagine he will come back next year. From what I recall his story in the book ended with him holed up in the cave and that is where the show left it as well.

Slick
06-15-2015, 11:43 AM
Thank you for the prompt and informative reply MasterShake.

MasterShake
06-15-2015, 11:45 AM
I'm getting the last 2 episodes as I type this. I still enjoy reading the comments here even before I've seen the episodes.

This season hasn't been my favorite. Even episode 8 with the big fight was kind of meh in my opinion. The giant was cool though. I liked when he went apeshit.

I liked the political manuverings in the earlier seasons and I still miss Charles Dance.

I thought the season was solid, but was really missing that spectacular episode like the Red Wedding or the Duel with the Mountain to push it over the top. The White Walker army attack was great but it took away the budget from some other set pieces that should have been much grander, like the whole Dragon in the arena scene and the Stannis battle in the last episode. This season it really just seemed like they were clearing the pieces from the board, so I hope that means we have a greater focus on the characters that actually mean something to the ending next season.

weazel
06-15-2015, 11:48 AM
I thought the season was solid, but was really missing that spectacular episode like the Red Wedding or the Duel with the Mountain to push it over the top. The White Walker army attack was great but it took away the budget from some other set pieces that should have been much grander, like the whole Dragon in the arena scene and the Stannis battle in the last episode. This season it really just seemed like they were clearing the pieces from the board, so I hope that means we have a greater focus on the characters that actually mean something to the ending next season.

the Stannis battle didn't work, was pretty pathetic actually.

MasterShake
06-15-2015, 11:55 AM

Yeah I could've have done with 5 less minutes of the white walker attack just to have the budget to show a few skirmishes in that battle with Stannis and the Bolton army. The most laughable "fight" this season was with the Sand Snakes and Jamie/Bronn.

Slick
06-15-2015, 12:19 PM

I might as well not even watch the last 2 episodes now. :)

MOtorboat
06-15-2015, 12:30 PM
I might as well not even watch the last 2 episodes now. :)

Shake, stop it. Slick, watch the episodes.

Mike
06-15-2015, 12:33 PM

I thought it was pretty realistic. Half of his troops abandon him with his horses...so he forces a march. And then gets obliterated by cavalry at the end of the march because his troops aren't mounted, hungry, and are too tired to fight. Not cool makings for tv, but realistic.

I am not buying Snow being dead. Didn't buy it in the book, not buying it no matter what the producers or actors say. There is absolutely a reason that the red witch is back at Castle Black just before the stabbing.

Glad they got books 4&5 wrapped up to be honest. Some cool moments, but by far the worst two books plotwise in the series.

VonDoom
06-15-2015, 12:55 PM
I thought it was pretty realistic. Half of his troops abandon him with his horses...so he forces a march. And then gets obliterated by cavalry at the end of the march because his troops aren't mounted, hungry, and are too tired to fight. Not cool makings for tv, but realistic.

Realistic like the blood sacrifice of his daughter? I think considering Stannis is sold as this great military mind, his record in major battles has been pretty poor. As I said earlier, why is Ramsay bullet proof so far?

I am not buying Snow being dead. Didn't buy it in the book, not buying it no matter what the producers or actors say. There is absolutely a reason that the red witch is back at Castle Black just before the stabbing.

My friend before was saying that she's not worried about Book Jon Snow but is worried about Show Jon Snow. I can't believe that the producers would differ THAT drastically from Martin's endgame in the show, and I think Snow is a big part of that endgame. Not that worried ... yet.

Glad they got books 4&5 wrapped up to be honest. Some cool moments, but by far the worst two books plotwise in the series.

Agreed. People in general were kind of down on this season, but to be honest, I'm amazed that they pulled so much drama out of those two aimless tomes. Look, I love this series, but Martin hasn't written a great book since A Storm of Swords. And that was fifteen years ago. No idea what they'll do next season, but if they have to make stuff up to move it along, I'm actually looking forward to that. Maybe it'll motivate Martin to finish his own damn story before someone else does.

weazel
06-15-2015, 01:00 PM

no... I thought the battle sucked because they never actually showed a battle. They showed the two sides going towards each other and then cut away to other scenes. Then they come back to it and everyone is dead or gone. Just would have liked to see a little bit of the battle that they built up for a whole season.

MasterShake
06-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Ok after some thought here is my theory. They are going to have to burn Jon so he won't turn into a white walker like they do with the other dead. In doing so he will be healed because he really IS a Targaryen, as in Jon Targaryen. That will complete the song of Ice and Fire.

Or they will just have the blood magic witch resurrect him and make him the warrior of light. Bottom line no way he is dead.

underrated29
06-15-2015, 02:13 PM
Ok after some thought here is my theory. They are going to have to burn Jon so he won't turn into a white walker like they do with the other dead. In doing so he will be healed because he really IS a Targaryen, as in Jon Targaryen. That will complete the song of Ice and Fire.

Or they will just have the blood magic witch resurrect him and make him the warrior of light. Bottom line no way he is dead.

Azhor azai

VonDoom
06-15-2015, 02:15 PM

"I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor shows me only Snow."

ShaneFalco
06-15-2015, 11:35 PM
the actor straight up said he was not coming back. So gl with that. cant believe the show killed off its main character.

NightTrainLayne
06-15-2015, 11:37 PM
the actor straight up said he was not coming back. So gl with that. cant believe the show killed off its main character.

Every time a "main character" has come to the forefront, they've been killed off. Have you actually been watching?

MOtorboat
06-15-2015, 11:43 PM
Every time a "main character" has come to the forefront, they've been killed off. Have you actually been watching?

They killed off two "main" characters in the first season. It's kind of what makes the show so intriguing (and the books). Ned getting axed literally sent a shiver down my spine when I read it.

Valar Morghulis
06-15-2015, 11:47 PM
http://airows.com/culture/jon-snow-from-game-of-thrones-is-the-worst-dinner-guest-in-this-funny-sketch

EastCoastBronco
06-16-2015, 07:30 AM
I thought this was the weakest season so far.
There were a couple of well executed episodes and battles but the story didn't advance more than 5 feet.
I've read all of the books and, yes, books 4 and 5 are the weakest but what the writers did this year, for the most part, was just lazy, shock TV.
Stannis burning his daughter was the weakest of all of it.
No narrative advancement whatsoever.

Season 5 = Lame of Thrones.

VonDoom
06-16-2015, 10:31 AM

I don’t think they have the guts. I hate to keep coming back to this, but I really don’t believe they do. All the Sturm und Drang over Jon’s actual parents. The numerous hints about his parents spread throughout the five novels and the five seasons of Game of Thrones. If Jon is dead, all of that would amount to the longest and most elaborate ruse in the history of fiction. Such a massive misdirect would be, no doubt, ******* impressive, but why go through all that trouble? Snow’s boiled leather over chain mail armor might not have been enough to stop swords and daggers, but that’s nothing compared to his Valyrian steel plot armor. Back in 2005, when Benioff and Weiss met with Martin over lunch to convince him to let them adapt his books, Martin asked them, “Who is Jon Snow’s mother?” They answered correctly and the rest is television history. To believe that Jon Snow is just another corpse on the road to an endless winter, you would also have to believe that what Martin were really asking B&W was something like, “Who is the mother of that character who dies at the end of the fifth book of my seven-book series?”

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/ask-the-maester-jon-snow-season-finale/

ShaneFalco
06-16-2015, 02:33 PM
the average TV movie script is rewritten about 20 times. there was an interview from the actor saying that the director set him down and told him that he was dead forever, and that they would not renew his contract for season 6

VonDoom
06-16-2015, 02:59 PM
the average TV movie script is rewritten about 20 times. there was an interview from the actor saying that the director set him down and told him that he was dead forever, and that they would not renew his contract for season 6

But just because Kit Harrington SAYS he won't be back doesn't mean he actually won't be back. That interview dropped immediately after the season finale. Did you want him to say, "Yep, I'll be back - don't worry about that cliffhanger ending because Jon Snow is alive and well"? I think it's more likely than not that Jon Snow will be in season six. In what capacity ... we shall see.

MOtorboat
06-16-2015, 03:13 PM
Jon Snow is dead and gone.

MasterShake
06-16-2015, 03:20 PM
Jon Snow is dead and gone.

Well his watch has ended, but I still think his story is just starting. Wouldn't be surprised to maybe even see Lady Stoneheart make an appearance soon.

DenBronx
06-16-2015, 05:06 PM
I'm pissed off about Jon Snow getting killed. He was the main character...wtf!!

DenBronx
06-16-2015, 05:08 PM
The only way I see Snow coming back is if that witch does some sort of voodoo on him.

She came back right at the end there.

DenBronx
06-17-2015, 08:47 PM
I'm not convinced Jon Snow will stay dead.

https://www.yahoo.com/games/news/game-thrones-could-bring-spoiler-224502931.html

Poet
06-17-2015, 10:05 PM
I want you to be right. He's a solid character both in book and on the show.

MasterShake
06-17-2015, 10:24 PM
I want you to be right. He's a solid character both in book and on the show.

While I do think he will be back eventually, it might not be until the next seasons finale. I think next season will focus more on Sansa and maybe bring Bran back into the mix, and of course we we see how Tyrion starts to maneuver again.

Slick
06-18-2015, 10:17 AM
Jon Snow will end up marrying the Mother of Dragons.

Great last couple of episodes. Several cliffhangers. Arya, Sansa and Theon, Khalesi running into another Dothraki horde, Cersei's walk of shame, Tyrion running Mereen...

Valar Morghulis
06-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Nice Bush Cersei