PDA

View Full Version : Von's Vision at work. 104 kids getting fitted for eyewear.

pnbronco
04-14-2014, 10:50 PM
Von Miller started a foundation called Von's Vision, but it took something that I saw on twitter to hear about it. The news went looking for a ticket that he paid in CA but nothing about him trying to do right by our community. Here is a link to his foundation and what he has been able to do:

http://vonmiller.org/blog.aspx?ID=1003

DENVER BRONCOS’ VON MILLER HOSTS VON’S VISION DAY, PROVIDES EYE SCREENINGS FOR OVER 160 UNDERPRIVILEGED CHILDREN It's a good article and he said that some kids needed prescriptions as strong as his own, which I think is pretty strong. I'm just glad he's giving these kids a change to make it in the class room because they can see.

I know he did a radio interview that I didn't listen to, did anybody and did he talk about this foundation?

chazoe60
04-14-2014, 11:08 PM
That's cool. I really think he's a good dude. Who among us wasn't a bit of a knucklehead in 5th ear 20s?

pnbronco
04-14-2014, 11:16 PM
That's cool. I really think he's a good dude. Who among us wasn't a bit of a knucklehead in 5th ear 20s?

I saw he had a FB page with the Foundation on it and went to post how much I liked what he was doing. There was a article on there that in Nov. 2012, he donated 360 Riddle Helmets to his old high school to help prevent concussions. I find it amazing that we can read about all the bad stuff but none of this.

Yup he did some really stupid things but he's got a good heart and I just think it's important to see a whole person.

Valar Morghulis
04-15-2014, 04:33 AM
I have a lot of respect for these under the radar charities. It is clearly not for good pr that he did this.

The Beckham's are similar - I even heard that they tell charites if their involvement is made public they will stop donating !

OB
04-15-2014, 08:32 AM
I know he can be a knucklehead but i love Von Miller - A lot of guys do these great things and all we ever do if focus on the negative - granted some of it is hard to ignore but most of the time its stupid little things guys their age get in trouble for all the time (We all know my stance on the pot issue so I wont rehash that)

:salute: to you Mr. Miller

Valar Morghulis
04-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Was the rehash thing a pun? In the UK we call pot - hash.

pnbronco
04-15-2014, 10:40 AM
I got a twitter last nigh that Fox, channel 13 here in Denver, did have it on their news. So I'm glad that other people can hear about this. I really like the Von the person a lot. So I really hope that's he's learned from his mistakes and just goes out and plays the best he can for his own sake. He gave out the glasses to the kids and did a lot of interaction with them, so I'm hoping that he can remember that if he hurts his career he hurts them too in his future life choices.

DenBronx
04-15-2014, 02:21 PM
The thread said Vons vision at work. I was thinking he needed bigger Urkle glasses.