PDA

View Full Version : New to MLB

Valar Morghulis
04-13-2014, 03:29 PM
I have been an NFL fan as long as i can remember - i was pretty much an instant fan.

But - no matter how hard i try to watch Baseball, i always end up turning it over. It just seems so slow, there seems to be about 5 pitches before one counts and another 10 before the batter hits one.

Now i realize (i used that z - just for you guys!) that all these millions of baseball fan can not be wrong, so i am clearly missing something.

What is it about baseball that is so exciting? What am i missing?

MOtorboat
04-13-2014, 04:09 PM
It's our pastime. Our great game (No offense to a Brit).

Symmetrical and conversational. Timeless. Beautiful.

Valar Morghulis
04-13-2014, 04:13 PM
None taken.

I like cricket which is equally as slow and no where near as glamorous. I don't know what it is about baseball that stops me enjoying it - i will try again this season!

MOtorboat
04-13-2014, 04:21 PM
None taken.

I like cricket which is equally as slow and no where near as glamorous. I don't know what it is about baseball that stops me enjoying it - i will try again this season!

This is probably a little difficult for you, but you need to go to a game.

BroncoWave
04-13-2014, 04:23 PM
My favorite way to watch a baseball game is in person with a scorebook. I'm kind of a nerd.

Valar Morghulis
04-13-2014, 04:24 PM
Maybe next year. Can't afford a holiday this summer.

Definately something I would like to do.

MOtorboat
04-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Maybe next year. Can't afford a holiday this summer.

Definately something I would like to do.

Do have an inkling of what your favorite team might be?

Valar Morghulis
04-13-2014, 04:33 PM
Haha.

I watched the world series a few years ago when the giants won it so maybe them, possibly the rangers because I like their name and maybe the rockies to keep things simple and in one state!

So I guess the answer to your question is not at the minute.

Who do you follow?

Jaws
04-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Baseball is positively breakneck compared to cricket.
I enjoy watching the odd Red Sox game now and then on ESPN.

Valar Morghulis
04-13-2014, 04:37 PM
Sharkie I think the t20 games can be really exciting. Buy I agree the tests are long and dull.

MOtorboat
04-13-2014, 05:00 PM
Haha.

I watched the world series a few years ago when the giants won it so maybe them, possibly the rangers because I like their name and maybe the rockies to keep things simple and in one state!

So I guess the answer to your question is not at the minute.

Who do you follow?

Royals and Rockies.

I would suggest a trip to KC and Kauffman, but I'm biased.

BroncoWave
04-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Unless you want to hate life as a baseball fan, don't pull for the Royals.

MOtorboat
04-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Despite the concrete jungle surroundings, The K is the best ballpark experience I've seen in person, IMO.

MOtorboat
04-13-2014, 05:03 PM

I guess I was going more for best ballpark experience in his position.

BroncoWave
04-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Despite the concrete jungle surroundings, The K is the best ballpark experience I've seen in person, IMO.

I know a girl you should date, Mo. She is single and a massive Royals fan. She's more into the Royals than most guys I know are into their favorite sports teams.

MOtorboat
04-13-2014, 05:05 PM
I know a girl you should date, Mo. She is single and a massive Royals fan. She's more into the Royals than most guys I know are into their favorite sports teams.

I'm guessing she doesn't live anywhere near me.

BroncoWave
04-13-2014, 05:07 PM
I'm guessing she doesn't live anywhere near me.

She lives in Houston now but is moving to Denver next month. So if you ever want to move to the motherland, there could be someone there for you!

VonDoom
04-13-2014, 08:30 PM
The only (team) sports I care about are football and baseball, and I'd say it's weighted heavily to football. That being said, there's something I love about baseball and the whole baseball season. A hot summer day, drinking a beer with my buddy at the ballpark and watching a game. Or an evening around 8:30, kids asleep, sun just going down, tuning in to check out my team. Hard to explain and I'd say hard to get into unless it's been a part of the fabric of your life (which it has for me since I was a kid - my mom is a huge baseball - and Mets - fan, and that's what I can remember from my childhood). Football is an event every week, whereas baseball sort of unfolds in long, sweeping arcs over the course of many months.

SoCalImport
04-14-2014, 12:35 AM
I'd agree with those saying you must go to a game to really appreciate baseball. It's a summer sport and the whole experience needs to be taken in. I've never been to a game outside of southern california and never to a post season game so for me it's warm weather clothes and a cold beer. Very mellow and fun.

Valar Morghulis
04-14-2014, 12:53 AM
I think the royals are a no go.

Although I am British I am against the monarchy therefore the name puts me off and makes me want to cheer for whoever they are playing!

Jaws
04-14-2014, 02:04 AM

Although I am British I am against the monarchy therefore the name puts me off and makes me want to cheer for whoever they are playing!

Has to be the Red Sox then ;)
Only a short hop over the pond.

Just don't do the Yankees!

MOtorboat
04-14-2014, 09:05 AM

Don't immediately be a doucher Dave. Don't do it. Sox fans are THE WORST. Well, after Yankees fans.

MOtorboat
04-14-2014, 09:06 AM
I feel like the Blue Jays should be your team.

BroncoJoe
04-14-2014, 09:09 AM
If you didn't grow up with baseball, it's a "difficult" sport to get into later in life. I don't know anyone that doesn't like to play - even just grabbing a ball and glove - and I thoroughly enjoyed coaching my son's team for 6 years. It's just not a sport I can get into watching on TV. Going to a game is fantastic, but it is most definitely not a "made-for-TV" sport. For me, anyway.

chazoe60
04-14-2014, 09:48 AM
I was never a big baseball fan growing up and I only played one season of rec ball but I have become a huge baseball fan as I've gotten older. I'm as much a baseball fan now as I am a football fan. I watch at least parts of close to 100 Rockies games a year. I love the late games when I can settle on the couch after all the days doings are done and watch the last 3 or 4 innings of the game.

And sports don't get much better than postseason baseball.

If you want to try to get into baseball watch some of Ken Burns' epic documentary titled "Baseball" it's one of my favorite things to watch. The old stories are phenomenal. If anything can spark a love for the game it's those old stories wonderfully told in that documentary.

BroncoNut
04-14-2014, 10:00 AM
None taken.

I follow the Orioles, just started this spring. I wear an Orioles cap in fact. the thing I like about baseball (watching it on tv, is that you can see the players' faces, their consternation, their frustration, etc. focusing in on the pitchers performace can be pretty enjoyable for me too. I mean these guys are throwing some fast balls repetitively, you have sinkers, the fast balls, sliders, the yankee doodle, crotch rockets, zippers, zippity do da's, screaming orgasms, ....the list goes on on what a pitcher might throw. One thing about baseball is that it is indeed a slow game, but when it' s fast, it's fast. great athleticism/skill required. I like the kinda lazy hanging out watching the game thing too. Like I was painting while the Oriole game was on yesterday, like listening to the radio and getting other things done. and if I'm not doing something active like that while the game is on, I can swat flies, spit chewing tabacky, fart, scratch my balls, pet the dog, etc. ... each individually, are all at the same time. I can't do that with football, I think most can relate to that. that's my take on your observations anyway

MOtorboat
04-14-2014, 10:09 AM
I was never a big baseball fan growing up and I only played one season of rec ball but I have become a huge baseball fan as I've gotten older. I'm as much a baseball fan now as I am a football fan. I watch at least parts of close to 100 Rockies games a year. I love the late games when I can settle on the couch after all the days doings are done and watch the last 3 or 4 innings of the game.

And sports don't get much better than postseason baseball.

If you want to try to get into baseball watch some of Ken Burns' epic documentary titled "Baseball" it's one of my favorite things to watch. The old stories are phenomenal. If anything can spark a love for the game it's those old stories wonderfully told in that documentary.

Ken Burns' documentary is a favourite of mine, as well. It's also streaming on Netflix, last I checked.

MOtorboat
04-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Hey nut, how does one throw a "screaming orgasm?"

BroncoNut
04-14-2014, 10:38 AM
Hey nut, how does one throw a "screaming orgasm?"

it's a 2 stitch handle, the rest is strength and accuracy, I guess, I've never thrown one that I'm aware of

CoachChaz
04-14-2014, 10:54 AM
I think baseball relates a lot to soccer...if we're putting it in terms he can understand. Soccer isnt a big favorite in the US mostly due to low scoring and lack of physical injury. But soccer is very much a mental game as much as it is physical. It's a chess match and very calculated. Baseball is the same and is so on every pitch. The mental aspect of the batter trying to figure out what pitch is coming and where and what approach to take based on the situation. 2 outs? 0 outs? runners on? The defense is the same way. Shift on? playing? playing deep? Pitcher is throwing a change up this pitch, so should I play for a pulled ball?

Every single pitch is a chess match in itself and I think that is part of the majesty of the game. Those that can be successful and win that match up 3 time out of 10 are considered great. That in and of itself says a lot. I could go on and on, but I'll try to leave it summed up with that for now.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Baseball is not my favorite sport, but it's probably my favorite sporting event to watch live....unless it's our local minor league team. Those metal bleachers in the evening sun are brutal.

BroncoJoe
04-14-2014, 11:23 AM
Baseball is not my favorite sport, but it's probably my favorite sporting event to watch live....unless it's our local minor league team. Those metal bleachers in the evening sun are brutal.
Great statement. I actually enjoy going to a Rockies game more than a Broncos game.

Not being sacrilegious - just that football is so fast, it's almost better to watch on TV than in person. Not too much beats sitting at Coors Field.

OB
04-14-2014, 11:27 AM

Don't immediately be a doucher Dave. Don't do it. Sox fans are THE WORST. Well, after Yankees fans.

Dont listen to them Dave - watch the Yankees - best team EVER - Plus you have to love the name, right ;)

MasterShake
04-14-2014, 11:30 AM
I think baseball relates a lot to soccer...if we're putting it in terms he can understand. Soccer isnt a big favorite in the US mostly due to low scoring and lack of physical injury. But soccer is very much a mental game as much as it is physical. It's a chess match and very calculated. Baseball is the same and is so on every pitch. The mental aspect of the batter trying to figure out what pitch is coming and where and what approach to take based on the situation. 2 outs? 0 outs? runners on? The defense is the same way. Shift on? playing? playing deep? Pitcher is throwing a change up this pitch, so should I play for a pulled ball?

Every single pitch is a chess match in itself and I think that is part of the majesty of the game. Those that can be successful and win that match up 3 time out of 10 are considered great. That in and of itself says a lot. I could go on and on, but I'll try to leave it summed up with that for now.

Excellent points, I was going to bring up the soccer comparison as well.

I will also add that having the sport in your home town helps A LOT as it creates a sense of community. My first time seeing the Rockies at the old Mile High got me hooked on baseball because as MO pointed out earlier its a game that you can pay as much or as little attention to as you want. I love going to Coors Field just for people watching, and more times than not I see some good games despite the woeful Rockies record the last few years. I automatically root for the home teams so I can go to every sporting event in town and have a great time. I never pass up a chance to see my local teams live, but the only one I have a laser focus on while at the game is the Broncos.

Thanks to my friend from Manchester who just flat out misses soccer, I also see a ton of Rapids games every year and have really started to like it. The atmosphere is different at each event, but come playoff time you can't help but feel just as invested as you would a Broncos game (well... almost). Aside from Football for me which I could watch by myself all day, most sporting events are very social experiences for me. I love going to games or watching them with hardcore fans in front of a TV even if my passion for each game is not on the same level as those around me.

MasterShake
04-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Great statement. I actually enjoy going to a Rockies game more than a Broncos game.

Not being sacrilegious - just that football is so fast, it's almost better to watch on TV than in person. Not too much beats sitting at Coors Field.

The weird thing to me is that being at a Broncos game the time just flies by. I think it may be because you don't have the rhythms or the stops you get with commercial breaks after scores, but the time leading up to the game I sit waiting for it to start seems like a fraction of the actual game. I treasure every Bronco game I've ever been to, but the presentation at home on TV is much better as far as keeping track of things.

MOtorboat
04-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Dont listen to them Dave - watch the Yankees - best team EVER - Plus you have to love the name, right ;)

Dave. This is an example of what you don't want to be. A Yankees fan.

CoachChaz
04-14-2014, 12:49 PM
The Yankees organization is the epitomy of everything that is wrong with the game of baseball

Valar Morghulis
04-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Great replies guys - cheers. I will check out that documentary.

The Blue Jays are a good shout as there is a small chance i might be moving to Canada in a few years - I have narrowed it down to between them and the Rockies. Definitely no Red Sox or Yankees!!!!

I was at both Wembely games last year and they both passed in the blink of an eye - all three games have sold out this year (i have tickets for all three!!) but i very much doubt there is a market for even one baseball game in the UK - its a shame as it sounds like it is a real event worth going to.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-14-2014, 01:13 PM

Yeah, baseball parks are aesthetically pleasing. I had a great time in Pittsburgh the last time I was there. The way the grass is groomed, plus the view of downtown Pittsburgh from the outfield. It was a great time.

OB
04-14-2014, 01:16 PM
Haters Dave - they are all haters :D

BroncoNut
04-14-2014, 01:19 PM

root for the patriots, they were English Rebels

BroncoNut
04-14-2014, 01:20 PM
I do like the Chicago white sox.

Timmy!
04-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Go Rocks.

Buff
04-14-2014, 01:45 PM
I have been an NFL fan as long as i can remember - i was pretty much an instant fan.

But - no matter how hard i try to watch Baseball, i always end up turning it over. It just seems so slow, there seems to be about 5 pitches before one counts and another 10 before the batter hits one.

Now i realize (i used that z - just for you guys!) that all these millions of baseball fan can not be wrong, so i am clearly missing something.

Each pitch is a game within a game. The level of strategy that's involved at the MLB level is easy to overlook as a casual fan - and given the high failure rate for hitters, it can seem tedious or laborious. (e.g., If a hitter succeeds in getting a hit 3 out of 10 times then they are an above-average hitter).

You've really got to understand the basics and then you can start to appreciate more of the strategy that goes into making the game so interesting. There are so many layers.

BroncoNut
04-14-2014, 02:40 PM

is that mo's team? I would have loved to have been childhood friends with mo for some reason, that would have been a fargin gas. being an O's fan is pretty rough too I am learning.

CoachChaz
04-14-2014, 02:40 PM
Yeah, baseball parks are aesthetically pleasing. I had a great time in Pittsburgh the last time I was there. The way the grass is groomed, plus the view of downtown Pittsburgh from the outfield. It was a great time.

PNC is probably the nicest park in baseball. One of the best I've been to along with AT&T Park and Camden Yards

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-14-2014, 03:23 PM
PNC is probably the nicest park in baseball. One of the best I've been to along with AT&T Park and Camden Yards

I'd like to go to a game at SafeCo field soon. I'd actually like to see the whole complex there. SafeCo field is a really nice stadium.

artie_dale
04-14-2014, 08:50 PM

Dude, MLB is an acquired taste, like most sports in other countries.

I love NFL the most, but prefer to watch it from the comfort of my home because I am keeping up with all the other games going on.

I love baseball because I used to play it. I was a pitcher and was the best pitcher in the league each time I played (kid & teen). So, I could watch a game that goes into the 9th inning with a score of 0-0 (good pitching duel). I enjoy watching each and every pitch, reacting to each breaking ball that makes the batter second guess themselves, cut fastballs that blow by batters, and change-ups that finish batters off. The big sticks are always exciting too. I also prefer to watch baseball from the comfort of my own home, but do enjoy taking the fam to a local Sky Sox game to heckle the opposing team (the kids love that).

I enjoy very little NBA these days. I don't know why, but its no longer interesting for me these days. I used to be a big fan, but not so much anymore.

Crazy thing is, I'll watch Hockey if the Penguins are playing (it's exciting), but Hockey is probably my favorite sport to watch live (attending the game). Its indoors, it's never too hot or too cold. Its loud with excitement and the buildup to scoring (I think Soccer is the same) can be pretty awesome.

Dreadnought
04-15-2014, 10:26 AM
MLB kind of lost me in '94 over the World Series cancellation, but its a great sport. I followed the Detroit Tigers as obsessively as I do the Broncos, but I just couldn't generate any enthusiasm in '95 or thereafter. I think it would benefit from a salary cap. The sport itself can range from laid back and arguably dull to an incredible level of tension, where small things can matter a lot. A 3-1 pitch count with a man in scoring position in a tight game is a different animal than a 3-2 pitch count

Where baseball also can't be topped is that the history translates across eras better than almost any other modern sport. A guy batting .340 in 1925 is as impressive as a guy batting .340 now.

artie_dale
04-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Watched the Braves & Phillies last night go back and forth. Braves were up 1-0, then a two run homer made that score 1-2. Then 3 consecutive homers (the latter two were solo) made it 5-2. Then a Phillies rally in the 8th gave them the lead, 5-6, only so the Phillie's closer can come out in the top of the ninth to give Dan Uggla (Braves 2B) a one out GRAND SLAM! Braves won, 9-6. Fun fun fun!

BroncoNut
04-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Watched the Braves & Phillies last night go back and forth. Braves were up 1-0, then a two run homer made that score 1-2. Then 3 consecutive homers (the latter two were solo) made it 5-2. Then a Phillies rally in the 8th gave them the lead, 5-6, only so the Phillie's closer can come out in the top of the ninth to give Dan Uggla (Braves 2B) a one out GRAND SLAM! Braves won, 9-6. Fun fun fun!

what a great game. the orioles beat the tampa bay last night, I think it was tampa bay, not sure though.

Buff
04-15-2014, 11:09 AM

Pissed me off that Ervin Santana didn't get the W after pitching so well.

Buff
04-15-2014, 11:09 AM
what a great game. the orioles beat the tampa bay last night, I think it was tampa bay, not sure though.

I thought you were going to cheer for the Nats... How did you decide between them and the Os?

artie_dale
04-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Pissed me off that Ervin Santana didn't get the W after pitching so well.

Yeah. That kid, if he can stay healthy, is going to be fun to watch.

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 11:23 AM
I thought you were going to cheer for the Nats... How did you decide between them and the Os?

Brains

BroncoNut
04-15-2014, 11:25 AM

did I voice that I was leaning that way? cause I certainly was. It came down to the orioles though. I don't like WDC. Baltimore sucks too, but I like it more than WDC

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 11:27 AM
did I voice that I was leaning that way? cause I certainly was. It came down to the orioles though. I don't like WDC. Baltimore sucks too, but I like it more than WDC

At least Baltimore has the Inner Harbor.

artie_dale
04-15-2014, 11:27 AM

I've got Nelson Cruz on my FBB team.

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 11:29 AM
I've got Nelson Cruz on my FBB team.

Started off ok for you...but not much since the first few games

BroncoNut
04-15-2014, 11:33 AM
At least Baltimore has the Inner Harbor.

I don't know the city all that well, parts of it are pretty bad, like real bad,....... but the areas like the inner harbor, federal hill, Fells point, have been enjoyable.

Buff
04-15-2014, 11:35 AM

Good choice. I like to root for Baltimore because they are perennially the underdog in a division with Boston and New York. Not a fan of the Nats.

MOtorboat
04-15-2014, 11:36 AM
A little surprised there's no day baseball on Jackie Robinson day.

BroncoNut
04-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Good choice. I like to root for Baltimore because they are perennially the underdog in a division with Boston and New York. Not a fan of the Nats.

yeah, I feel happy with the choice. people say I am going to regret it because of their owner who really messed up the team apparently. but I too like the underdog thing

MOtorboat
04-15-2014, 11:39 AM
The Orioles orange jerseys are a thing of beauty. As long as they have the cartoon oriole on the hat...

BroncoNut
04-15-2014, 11:43 AM
thanks

MOtorboat
04-15-2014, 11:45 AM
http://blogimages.thescore.com/mlb/files/2012/04/orioles-orange-jerseys.jpg

BroncoNut
04-15-2014, 11:47 AM
http://blogimages.thescore.com/mlb/files/2012/04/orioles-orange-jerseys.jpg

again Mo, thanks

chazoe60
04-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Brooks Robinson is reason enough to like the Os.

I've been reading and watching a lot of Brooks Robinson stuff lately. If you really want to see baseball at its most beautiful look at some Brooks Robinson defensive highlight videos.

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 12:03 PM
yeah, I feel happy with the choice. people say I am going to regret it because of their owner who really messed up the team apparently. but I too like the underdog thing

Angelos just refuses to pay big money for pitchers...which hurts in a day and age when pitching is what wins games. Baltimore has a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense...but without the pitching...it doesnt help. Especially in the AL East.

He spent some money on Jimenez, but the early returns havent been much to brag about. He's typically a slow starter, so we'll see. Just hope the lineup is the same when Bundy, Gausman, Harvey and Rodriguez are ready for the bigs.

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Brooks Robinson is reason enough to like the Os.

I've been reading and watching a lot of Brooks Robinson stuff lately. If you really want to see baseball at its most beautiful look at some Brooks Robinson defensive highlight videos.

His defense alone damn near won the 1970 World Series

BroncoNut
04-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Angelos just refuses to pay big money for pitchers...which hurts in a day and age when pitching is what wins games. Baltimore has a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense...but without the pitching...it doesnt help. Especially in the AL East.

He spent some money on Jimenez, but the early returns havent been much to brag about. He's typically a slow starter, so we'll see. Just hope the lineup is the same when Bundy, Gausman, Harvey and Rodriguez are ready for the bigs.

got a look at jimenez the other night, and that's what they were saying on him.

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 01:07 PM
got a look at jimenez the other night, and that's what they were saying on him.

I can deal with a few bad starts at the beginning of the year...especially when he had a short spring training. But I'm still ready for the young guys to make their way up

BroncoNut
04-15-2014, 02:12 PM
I can deal with a few bad starts at the beginning of the year...especially when he had a short spring training. But I'm still ready for the young guys to make their way up

as my fandom increases, I'm sure I will be feeling the same way. do you follow a lot of the teams in the league Coach

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 02:14 PM
as my fandom increases, I'm sure I will be feeling the same way. do you follow a lot of the teams in the league Coach

I follow every team in baseball...but yes...I know the AL East especially well.

BroncoNut
04-15-2014, 02:16 PM

so whose you team?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-15-2014, 02:16 PM

Have you ever been to Safeco field? I'd like to check out that someday. It seems like the wole complex would be really cool across from where the Seahawks play.

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Have you ever been to Safeco field? I'd like to check out that someday. It seems like the wole complex would be really cool across from where the Seahawks play.

I havent yet, but beginning in February my consultant team inherited OR and WA as part of our geographical responsibility. All I need is an account big enough in the Seattle area that justifies a visit from me and I'll check it out.

weazel
04-15-2014, 03:50 PM
I have to say that I used to love watching baseball but I can't get into it on TV anymore. It's great live though

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Going to my first game of the season on Thursday. All-You-Can-Eat seats and Yu Darvish vs. King Felix. Cant beat it

Buff
04-15-2014, 04:07 PM
Going to my first game of the season on Thursday. All-You-Can-Eat seats and Yu Darvish vs. King Felix. Cant beat it

Probably won't be much offense to speak of... All you can eat seats sounds pretty awesome.

chazoe60
04-15-2014, 04:08 PM
I've never liked the taste of seats.

This message brought to you by bronconut.

Buff
04-15-2014, 04:09 PM

That seems more like a post brought to you by WTE.

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 04:12 PM

My wife's "seat" tastes just fine

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Probably won't be much offense to speak of... All you can eat seats sounds pretty awesome.

Fine by me...I can appreciate a good pitcher's duel.

Buff
04-15-2014, 04:18 PM
Fine by me...I can appreciate a good pitcher's duel.

Any time you can see two of the best pitchers in the league square off that's pretty awesome.

CoachChaz
04-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Any time you can see two of the best pitchers in the league square off that's pretty awesome.

Yeah...it was just lucky it worked out that way. It's a company thing and we had to pick the first weekday day game after opening day. This just happened to be it. Between that and Yu missing his first start...we got pretty lucky.

MOtorboat
04-15-2014, 05:55 PM

You don't get that opportunity in Colorado...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-16-2014, 10:56 AM
I havent yet, but beginning in February my consultant team inherited OR and WA as part of our geographical responsibility. All I need is an account big enough in the Seattle area that justifies a visit from me and I'll check it out.

Nice...you know there are some really good breweries in Oregon, specifically in Portland and Bend.

Valar Morghulis
04-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Well - that is my subscription to ESPN America confirmed - need to get some snacks in and a few beers to prepare for the Dodgers Vs Giants game - the wife is going to love this latest venture into american sports (she can just about handle NFL as from Feb-Sep she has the TV on a sunday!