PDA

View Full Version : Can Broncos find fit in deep WR class?

Denver Native (Carol)
04-08-2014, 08:28 PM
The more years that go by, the more draft picks that are made, the more it confirms former Green Bay Packers general manager Ron Wolf was right.

Wolf, a longtime personnel man who built Super Bowl teams by focusing on the draft, once said more mistakes were made drafting wide receivers in the first round than at any other position, including quarterback. There certainly is evidence to support Wolf's assessment. There is a growing pile of receivers selected in the first round who have had trouble adjusting to the more physical coverages in the NFL, and the variety of routes they are asked to run.

The Denver Broncos, and every other team seeking wide receiver help in next month's draft, should heed Wolf's words because this year’s draft class has plenty of size and speed at wide receiver. Many scouts believe there are quality receivers to be found even well into the third day of this year's draft.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/6072/deep-wr-class-can-muscle-in-on-broncos

Dzone
04-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Marcus Nash- Total bust

Timmy!
04-08-2014, 09:12 PM
How about we find a mlb instead.......

G_Money
04-09-2014, 12:30 PM
The kind of two-down MLB we might use right now could be there in the 4th or 5th. The kind of 3-down badass we'd like isn't really available anywhere we'll be drafting.

So I'm not worried about MLB right now. There are several interesting ones, but they can't really cover. With all the safeties and DBs we plan to deploy, though, I expect our nickel package to see the field a lot.

As for the WR... I really hope we don't go first round to replace Decker. In this draft, we don't need to. A good WR will be there in rounds 2-3, maybe even 4. It's a good year to need a WR in the draft. Feel free to get a shiny one, just not the most expensive one you want.

~G

CoachChaz
04-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Cornerback and guard...Cornerback and guard...Cornerback and guard...Cornerback and guard...Cornerback and guard...Cornerback and guard...Cornerback and guard...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Cornerback and guard...Cornerback and guard...Cornerback and guard...Cornerback and guard...Cornerback and guard...Cornerback and guard...Cornerback and guard...

....and DE. We have two starters and one rotational guy.

underrated29
04-09-2014, 02:03 PM
We have a bunch of LB.
We have a bunch of WR.
We have a bunch of TE.

Im wondering if we try and double dip RD 1 and 2 at CB. (talib, harris, webster, carter) and 2 are coming off injury.

DenBronx
04-09-2014, 02:56 PM
How about draft a WR later in the draft if its so deep?

And no....we don't have "a bunch" of MLB that are good.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
04-09-2014, 03:09 PM

Couldn't agree more. Our healthy CBs are currently Talib, Webster, and Carter.

Still don't know who will be starting at LG.

underrated29
04-09-2014, 03:28 PM
I did not say that. I said we have a bunch of LB....I think there are currently like 9 of them on the roster. last year we carried?....5? before Von got IRd then 6?

or 7?

I will gladly take Avery Willaims or Christian Jones in the mid rounds for MLB....Otherwise we have a bunch of LB on the team already. Many who will not be making the cut.

ShaneFalco
04-09-2014, 04:09 PM
grab Paul Richardson in the 3rd. Hometown kid!

Simple Jaded
04-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Bradley Roby/Kyle Fuller, Donte Moncreif then Gabe Jackson/Dakota Dozier.

TXBRONC
04-10-2014, 05:51 AM
The kind of two-down MLB we might use right now could be there in the 4th or 5th. The kind of 3-down badass we'd like isn't really available anywhere we'll be drafting.

So I'm not worried about MLB right now. There are several interesting ones, but they can't really cover. With all the safeties and DBs we plan to deploy, though, I expect our nickel package to see the field a lot.

As for the WR... I really hope we don't go first round to replace Decker. In this draft, we don't need to. A good WR will be there in rounds 2-3, maybe even 4. It's a good year to need a WR in the draft. Feel free to get a shiny one, just not the most expensive one you want.

~G

I doubt Elway drafts a receiver early because of the signing of Sanders.

Northman
04-10-2014, 06:58 AM
Marcus Nash- Total bust

Which was a total disappointment for me. I loved him at Tennessee. Glad to see he had some success in the arena league for a short time, just too bad he never panned out for us.

Northman
04-10-2014, 07:01 AM
I doubt Elway drafts a receiver early because of signing of Sanders.

Yea, would be pretty moronic to draft a WR so early.

silkamilkamonico
04-10-2014, 09:39 AM
I thought Orlando Franklin was our LG?

TXBRONC
04-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Yea, would be pretty moronic to draft a WR so early.

I could see Elway drafting a wide no earlier than the 3rd round maybe the 2nd but the possibility of drafting one goes up after the second round.

Simple Jaded
04-10-2014, 08:45 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/04/08/allen-robinson-of-penn-state-among-top-receivers-in-draft/

Allen Robinson killed it at his Pro Day, they can't all go Top100.

A 6.54 3-cone, filthy.