PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas still recovering

Denver Native (Carol)
04-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has gathered most of the team's wide receivers and tight end Julius Thomas at Duke University this week for the well-planned headstart on the offseason work.

Newly-minted Broncos receiver Emmanuel Sanders tweeted a picture of the group Tuesday, a photo that also included Wes Welker, Andre Caldwell and Julius Thomas. And that set off the requisite amount of social media panic in the local zip codes on the Front Range because the Broncos' No. 1 wide receiver, Demaryius Thomas, was not in the photo. Or even at Duke for that matter.

Cancel the panic. There is no rift or bubbing controversy. Thomas is still recovering from a left shoulder injury he suffered in Super Bowl XLVIII.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/6111/d-thomas-still-recovering-from-shoulder-injury

DenBronx
04-08-2014, 07:42 PM
He will be fine.

He did kinda get hit 20 yards backwards by Cam Chancelor though.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-08-2014, 07:48 PM
He will be fine.

He did kinda get hit 20 yards backwards by Cam Chancelor though.

He separated his shoulder in the SB, and continued to play

Denver Native (Carol)
04-10-2014, 01:54 PM
It was late after Super Bowl XLVIII and there were only two players remaining in the losing locker room — Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas and right guard Louis Vasquez.

Vasquez and his battered body is almost always the last one out. Thomas was struggling to dress because he couldn’t lift his left shoulder.

Asked specifically if he suffered a separated or dislocated shoulder during his Super Bowl record-setting, 13-catch-in-vain performance, Thomas said: “No, it didn’t pop out or anything. I don’t know what happened.”

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/04/09/clearing-demaryius-thomas-condition/26861/

Ziggy
04-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Mike KlisVerified account
‏@MikeKlis Contrary to reports, #Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas does not have separated shoulder. He is at Duke University TODAY with Peyton & teammates.

So the question is..........which report is right? They don't call him 'clueless Klis' for nothing.

VonDoom
04-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Yeah, someone is wrong here. DT is definitely at Duke, but no one said whether he's actually working out or just there to support his teammates.

Hawgdriver
04-10-2014, 11:51 PM
He separated his shoulder in the SB, and continued to play

I separated my shoulder, 3d degree AC ligament. Don't know how severe his was, but I'm guessing Kam generally causes a 5th degree or higher. I'll never doubt DT's toughness.

Hawgdriver
04-10-2014, 11:54 PM
Wait. So...?

Hawgdriver
04-10-2014, 11:55 PM
Awesome. Journalists. MO, do you suck that bad?

MOtorboat
04-11-2014, 12:42 AM
Awesome. Journalists. MO, do you suck that bad?

They are telling you what they are being told...if that information is wrong, they got burned...it's the danger of "sources."

That said...it's April. Either way, he's gonna be fine.

Hawgdriver
04-11-2014, 01:27 AM
They are telling you what they are being told...if that information is wrong, they got burned...it's the danger of "sources."

That said...it's April. Either way, he's gonna be fine.

Too lazy to confirm then?

MOtorboat
04-11-2014, 02:11 AM
Too lazy to confirm then?

What do you do when they won't confirm on the record?

It's not laziness, I'm pretty sure of that. People hate it when I say this, but I don't think they understand how this all works. I think they, incorrectly, think these guys just make shit up. They don't. That doesn't mean their source is accurate.

Hawgdriver
04-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Maybe ask a team doctor? Or another player? I don't know reporting works, but it sure makes them look dumb if they say he separated his shoulder and then he says "nah, nothing's hurt."

MOtorboat
04-11-2014, 03:54 PM
Maybe ask a team doctor? Or another player? I don't know reporting works, but it sure makes them look dumb if they say he separated his shoulder and then he says "nah, nothing's hurt."

Because players and coaches never lie?

Part of this is a giant game. His shoulder was injured. He acts like it isn't. Someone in the organization tells Klis it is. Depending on how much Klis trusts that source he runs with it.

There's a famous story about Jerry Jones sourcing Ed Werder on him possibly firing a coach (forget which coach) and Jerry flat out telling him that when he calls back and they are on the record he's going to deny it. That shit happens all the time.

slim
04-11-2014, 05:08 PM
Because players and coaches never lie?

Part of this is a giant game. His shoulder was injured. He acts like it isn't. Someone in the organization tells Klis it is. Depending on how much Klis trusts that source he runs with it.

There's a famous story about Jerry Jones sourcing Ed Werder on him possibly firing a coach (forget which coach) and Jerry flat out telling him that when he calls back and they are on the record he's going to deny it. That shit happens all the time.

So a journalist has no responsibility to vet the info they are given? They are simply just regurgitating whatever they hear?

Hold on, I have to make a few calls.

MOtorboat
04-12-2014, 12:56 AM
So a journalist has no responsibility to vet the info they are given? They are simply just regurgitating whatever they hear?

Hold on, I have to make a few calls.

If Jerry Jones tells you, even off the record, his coach is on the hot seat, who do you vet the information with?

If the Denver doctor tells him that information and he knows the team is going to deny it, what should he do?

You're naive if you don't think this is what happens out there. And I didn't say they just regurgitate shit. They have to judge whether or not this is a trustworthy source and whether they will get burned or not. It's a game.