PDA

View Full Version : Dexter

DenBronx
04-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Anyone hear if they are going to make a season 9?

Northman
04-07-2014, 02:16 PM
I think the series is over. I havent watched the last season but im pretty sure that was the last one.

Shazam!
04-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Series is over but they are making a spin off.

I watched every episode, sometimes 2 or 3 a night while it was free on demand last summer.

The spin off is on the way and has been confirmed. I'd wager its Dex' dad working as a detective and raising young Dex, and the relationship he had with his sister.

I did like the relationship Dex had with his dad's ghost or his dad in his consciousness.

Northman
04-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Series is over but they are making a spin off.

I watched every episode, sometimes 2 or 3 a night while it was free on demand last summer.

The spin off is on the way and has been confirmed. I'd wager its Dex' dad working as a detective and raising young Dex, and the relationship he had with his sister.

I did like the relationship Dex had with his dad's ghost or his dad in his consciousness.

Lol, yea. I just could never see his dad anyone except AJAX from the movie The Warriors.

DenBronx
04-07-2014, 03:29 PM
I didn't like that his sister died off. She helped make the show.

The way it ended was Dexter working at a lumber yard either in Canada or up North West somewhere like Washington or Oregon. Would be great if they just picked the series up from there. Dexter hacking up people with chainsaws now. Ha!

Saw it on Netflix a few months back. I was sort of hooked.....never saw it before that either.

But just heard some rumors that they were planning a season 9. Maybe the spin off is the what they meant.

OB
04-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Loved this show

Ya, I dont think they are doing a Season 9 especially after killing Deb

But I also thought a spin off might be Dexter's kid grown up (he is being raised by a serial killer too) becoming a serial killer and Dexter realizing it wasnt all his fault (although when people died it usually was Dexter's fault for waiting so long to kill them - ie Trinity Killer and the guy that killed Deb)

Its one of those type of shows thats tough to re-watch IMO though because you already know so much its not really exciting

I also didnt know that Dexter and Deb were married in real life and divorced and still did the show for a few years after

Valar Morghulis
04-10-2014, 03:41 AM
Just status watching this - just onto season 3. But gutted they killed off Dokes, his relationship with Dexter was quite funny.

Shazam!
04-10-2014, 06:50 AM
Just status watching this - just onto season 3. But gutted they killed off Dokes, his relationship with Dexter was quite funny.

Yeah I was a lil bummed over that. They had a good hating chemistry.

Northman
04-10-2014, 07:03 AM
Dokes was awesome.

OB
04-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Agreed - they killed him off way too soon

Sorry about the spoilers dave - Hope we didnt ruin anything for ya

OB
04-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Season Three was good - I liked this one with Jimmy Smits - but season 4 was one of the best seasons (with John Lithgow)
Season 5 Has Julia Stiles - I liked that one too Season 6 was just OK - The ending of 7 was :eek: and 8 was the finale - But I think by far seasons 3, 4, and 5 were the best

Deb was always a favorite of mine - I loved her foul mouth (go figure right LOL) ( Debra Morgan, known for her frequent swearing, used the word "****" 996 times throughout the show's 8 season run according to a count made by fans. ) My favorite was **** balls

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0773262/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

Valar Morghulis
04-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Yeah, I do love deb a little bit.

OB
04-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Did you ever notice that no one on this show ever says good bye when they hang up the phone - its quite strange actually

Valar Morghulis
04-10-2014, 11:10 AM
haha, never noticed that, will check it out tonight!

Valar Morghulis
04-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Just watched about 5 episodes on the bounce (its saturday night and i am that sad) - i can now confirm they NEVER say good bye on the phone!

OB
04-12-2014, 07:23 PM
It's weird - they can be having the most intense conversation and bam. Convo over

Valar Morghulis
04-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Yeah - I am going to start doing it - see how much it annoys the other half!

DenBronx
04-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Dokes was funny as shit! Even from the very first episode.

Sorry about the spoiler alerts guys....these were years ago so suprised no one had watched them. I didnt even start watching Dexter until a few months back. Someone told me about Deb before I even got to the final season....so that kinda sucked.