GEM
04-01-2014, 01:51 PM
:rockon: Love that dude!!!

DenBronx
04-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Me too!!! He loves being a Bronco.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2014, 02:20 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Cornerback Chris Harris Jr. officially signed his restricted free agent tender contract on Tuesday.

“I’m just glad to get it over with and be able to know I’ll be here one more year,” Harris said after signing the contract. “I’m definitely happy. This is where I want to be and to be able to play here another year, I’m all in to be a leader on the defense and get us back to the Super Bowl.”

Harris' tender offer was at the right-of-first-refusal plus a second-round pick level. That means the Broncos would have had five days to match an offer sheet presented to Harris by another team. If the Broncos chose not to match it, the team that signed Harris would have owed Denver a second-round pick.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Harris-Jr-Signs-RFA-Tender/314acee5-9752-4a06-bab7-3de36e63db81

luckyseven
04-01-2014, 02:33 PM
He is a good kid, hopefully his ACL is fixed and he will be NEAR 100% for most of the year.

If so hopefully they will sign him long term.

Ziggy
04-01-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm glad no teams signed him to an offer sheet. This draft is crazy deep, especially at corner. I don't think a rookie was going to come in and play like Chris does during his first year. When healthy, Harris is the best slot corner in the NFL. If Kayvon keeps developing, he's a solid #3 that can develop into a solid 2.

CoachChaz
04-01-2014, 03:48 PM
He is a good kid, hopefully his ACL is fixed and he will be NEAR 100% for most of the year.

If so hopefully they will sign him long term.

It was only a partial tear. He should recover quickly

luckyseven
04-01-2014, 07:10 PM
It was only a partial tear. He should recover quickly

Thanks. Have not followed it that close.

When I hear ACL I think 18 months before they are back to almost normal.

sneakers
04-01-2014, 07:25 PM
chicken tender offer

BroncoMilehigh58
04-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Love to see that #BroncosUp all day cant wait to see chris on that field

broncofaninfla
04-02-2014, 09:19 AM
I'd like to see us lock him up long term.

Cugel
04-02-2014, 11:43 AM
So that injury cost Harris the difference between a 2nd and a 1st round tender -- or about $2 million. He has a lot more reason to be unhappy than anybody. But, this is a one year deal, so next year the Broncos either commit to him as a starting outside CB and pay him something like $5+ million a year or else he walks. I'd say he's worth it.

They really missed him in the SB. Not that it would have changed the outcome, but it didn't help losing him like that. Champ Bailey just didn't have it and got burned deep down the sideline.

DenBronx
04-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Denver Broncos: Chris Harris Will Become One of NFL's Elite Cornerbacks in 2014

On Tuesday, Stuart Zaas of denverbroncos.com reported Chris Harris signed his restricted free-agent tender, locking him up for another year.

When Denver defeated San Diego in the divisional round of the playoffs last January, there was one piece of bad news. Harris, who had to leave the game in the third quarter, had partially torn his ACL. He would be lost for the remainder of the team's playoff run.

With him out of the game, San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers caught fire, took advantage of the hole left in the secondary with Harris out and connected on several big pass plays.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2014148-denver-broncos-chris-harris-will-become-one-of-nfls-elite-cornerbacks-in-2014

DenBronx
04-02-2014, 12:51 PM
I almost wish we would just commit to Harris now. If he plays like the injury never happened it's going to cost us more in the long run. If we give him a deal now then it would save us a ton of money!

And he would be worth a long term deal.

luckyseven
04-02-2014, 01:44 PM
I almost wish we would just commit to Harris now. If he plays like the injury never happened it's going to cost us more in the long run. If we give him a deal now then it would save us a ton of money!

And he would be worth a long term deal.
While you make a good point, John is not going to commit Big money in guarantees until they KNOW that his ACL is ok

90% of the time they are, especially since it was a partial tear, but sometimes you simply Play it safe.

Not to mention there is not much cap space left at this time.

So next year they have to spend a few mil more when they have (as it stands right now) an estimated $50 mil again but only about 30 players under contract.

OB
06-04-2014, 01:43 PM
My dad is putting in a septic system for a family member of his here in Tulsa (sister or aunt) I am hoping for an autographed something of some kind - I was thinking of showing up on the job site all decked out in my broncos gear :D

SWotRR
06-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Saw this interesting post on twitter https://twitter.com/JonHeathNFL/status/474708719318880256/photo/1. The chickens corner may or may not be as good as he thinks he is but his character pales in comparison to harris'.