PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Franklin facebook, its business, not personal.

GEM
03-29-2014, 06:00 PM
So I am friends with him on facebook and his latest post says...I'm pissed!They say its business, not personal. Well now its personal and I am going to be the best I can be.

So...did they tell him they are moving him to guard? What do you think has him so upset?

BTW...that was not verbatim, but I am on my phone and cant copy paste.

WARHORSE
03-29-2014, 06:02 PM
My thought is they told him his play was subpar in pass protection and they want him to move to guard. Its personal because they told him hes not good enough...Im glad if he goes into camp with a chip on his shoulder.

Guy is a freaking monster.

Wouldnt want to have to fight him for my food......

spikerman
03-29-2014, 06:03 PM
My thought is they told him his play was subpar in pass protection and they want him to move to guard. Its personal because they told him hes not good enough...Im glad if he goes into camp with a chip on his shoulder.

Guy is a freaking monster.

Wouldnt want to have to fight him for my food......

War, I've met you in person. That fight would be a lot closer than most people realize.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Orlando Franklin ‏@OFranklin74 3h

They say it's business, never personal. Ok well I'm pissed and it just became personal. I'm betting on me, 2014 will be a great yr for me

MOtorboat
03-29-2014, 06:41 PM
Could have been a contract offer too. Elway could've low balled him.

Davii
03-29-2014, 06:46 PM
Could have been a contract offer too. Elway could've low balled him.

He's going in to his last year, correct?

If so, that's a damn good possibility.

Simple Jaded
03-29-2014, 07:14 PM
******* baby!

Dzone
03-29-2014, 07:20 PM
******* baby!
lmao!

Davii
03-29-2014, 07:29 PM
So... Orlando said on the radio during the season that he doesn't operate his social media accounts. I think he pays his cousin to do so. So, i'm just curious, is Orlando actually pissed?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Orlando Franklin ‏@OFranklin74 3h

They say it's business, never personal. Ok well I'm pissed and it just became personal. I'm betting on me, 2014 will be a great yr for me

This is strange - I just went back to his twitter account, and this is no longer on there.

MOtorboat
03-29-2014, 09:03 PM
This is strange - I just went back to his twitter account, and this is no longer on there.

So... Orlando said on the radio during the season that he doesn't operate his social media accounts. I think he pays his cousin to do so. So, i'm just curious, is Orlando actually pissed?

Maybe somebody did that without thinking...

Denver Native (Carol)
03-29-2014, 09:27 PM
And then there is this, if true

http://predominantlyorange.com/2014/03/25/report-john-elway-talked-drew-rosenhaus-orlando-franklin-moving-guard/

Davii
03-29-2014, 10:02 PM

http://predominantlyorange.com/2014/03/25/report-john-elway-talked-drew-rosenhaus-orlando-franklin-moving-guard/

I see the wisdom in this move, but these moves are made on a practice field, not on a balcony in Orlando. If they move him and it's better than it will stay that way. I'm sure the big O would move inside and plow people, I don't think this would cause problems.

Simple Jaded
03-29-2014, 10:58 PM
Apparently Franklin took a few reps at G in TC and pouted like a giant bitch the whole time, according some sports talk radio person I can't remember.

NightTerror218
03-29-2014, 11:04 PM
I am worried about franklin not p!ayimg well due to fact of not wanting to play that position

luckyseven
03-29-2014, 11:04 PM
Apparently Franklin took a few reps at G in TC and pouted like a giant bitch the whole time, according some sports talk radio person I can't remember.

why not?

he was one of the top rated ORT last year, getting moved to OG reduces his next contract potential at ORT or for that matter OLT which he has played before. While he would never beat out a clady he certainly could start at OLT on many teams in the lower echelon of the NFL.

2-5 million a year difference in OG with one year s experience over a top rated OT.
yes he got beat in the super bowl but until then he was near the top ..

But then everyone on the OL got beat in that game.

I think everyone was reading their press clippings about being a record setting offense and that Manning had hardly been touched all year. they forgot that Seattle's defense were reading those same clippings.

Plus it is likely he just does not like playing OG.

Simple Jaded
03-29-2014, 11:12 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/average/guard/limit-25/

I never noticed much difference between RT and G salaries, according to this from Spotrac there are currently 6 G's who make more than the highest paid RT.

Simple Jaded
03-29-2014, 11:19 PM
By the way, I have never been anything but positive about Franklin, the SB means nothing. I just think he's being a bitch.

luckyseven
03-29-2014, 11:29 PM
By the way, I have never been anything but positive about Franklin, the SB means nothing. I just think he's being a bitch.

if you were looking for a job and suddenly after being a great employee your boss changes your job to a lesser position, because he knows you are looking for a job, knowing that when you put the new position on your resume you will not be paid as well.

Would you be a bitch?

Simple Jaded
03-30-2014, 12:34 AM
if you were looking for a job and suddenly after being a great employee your boss changes your job to a lesser position, because he knows you are looking for a job, knowing that when you put the new position on your resume you will not be paid as well.

Would you be a bitch?

Does it pay better if I'm really good at it?

DenBronx
03-30-2014, 12:44 AM
I really dont want to see Franklin move from RT. He is a monster at RT so why fck it up?

Simple solution is try Clark and Winston at LG.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
03-30-2014, 02:26 AM
I really dont want to see Franklin move from RT. He is a monster at RT so why fck it up?

THAT is your simple solution????

How about drafting a guard in the first 2-3 rounds?

Who has more play time at OG in their career? Franklin or Clark?

luckyseven
03-30-2014, 02:40 AM

You are correct. We draft either an OC and slide Manny to OG, reason is ay that is he is 31 and not the lomg term future at OC.

Or as you said draft an OG in the first or second round and he starts day one.

Or better yet get both in the top two rounds. If we have the BPA at those two spots then our OL is pretty much fixed for the foreseeable future. Franklin is due to be an UFA after next season but that is also fixable with Painter or Clark.

Then you have three spots on the OL that are still on rookie contracts.

Ravage!!!
03-30-2014, 10:47 AM

I'm confused with you jumping on this?? :confused:

You think DRAFTING someone is a better solution than TRYING a guy that has already been drafted over a position???? You think its a HUGE jumpe to move from center to guard?? It's not that your suggestion is valid, its that your tension/resistance in the other that makes No sense.

MOtorboat
03-30-2014, 10:52 AM
I'm confused with you jumping on this?? :confused:

You think DRAFTING someone is a better solution than TRYING a guy that has already been drafted over a position???? You think its a HUGE jumpe to move from center to guard?? It's not that your suggestion is valid, its that your tension/resistance in the other that makes No sense.

I would always advocate for drafting a guy into his natural position over moving a player out of his. If the rookie sucks, you have one hole. If the guy who is moved sucks, and his replacement sucks you have two holes.

nevcraw
03-30-2014, 11:18 AM
Tackles are the Divas of the OL. he will be fine..

Dapper Dan
03-30-2014, 11:40 AM
I heard he was friends with gang members when he was a teenager. We should cut him loose before this goes too far.

dogfish
03-30-2014, 11:51 AM

that scumbag weasel rosenhaus can go **** himself in the ear with something sharp. . . our FO and coaching staff are going to do what's right for their football team-- drew can insert his bonus check in his ass and set it on fire. . .

topscribe
03-30-2014, 12:05 PM

Or draft one. I saw a bit on Gabe Jackson the other day that intrigued me a bit.
Then Ziggy's thread on him really got me interested. I'm thinking that just may
be the way the Broncos want to go. With Jackson, Yankey, Su'a-Filo, Richburg,
and Swanson out there, someone is going to be available when the Broncos are
up, and any one of them may be able to step in this year . . .

topscribe
03-30-2014, 12:11 PM
I don't understand all the hate over one comment by Franklin when we don't even
know specifically what he was alluding to nor what went on behind closed doors.
Moreover, he pledged 2014 to be the best year he's ever had. Isn't that the kind
of fire we have been longing to see from someone on the squad? From that
standpoint, from what little I know, I'm actually pleased to see that remark.

DenBronx
03-30-2014, 01:59 PM

My simple solution was keep Franklin where he is then figure the other positions out another way. Clady or Franklin shouldnt be moved.

DenBronx
03-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Or draft one. I saw a bit on Gabe Jackson the other day that intrigued me a bit.
Then Ziggy's thread on him really got me interested. I'm thinking that just may
be the way the Broncos want to go. With Jackson, Yancey, Su'a-Filo, Richburg,
and Swanson out there, someone is going to be available when the Broncos are
up, and any one of them may be able to step in this year . . .

Drafting one is also a better idea. Just dont want to mess with our bookends. I think we have two very good bookends on the OL.

Rick
03-30-2014, 03:51 PM
I don't like the idea of Clark at guard, I want a mammoth in there.

Franklin at guard and Clark RT, or draft a Mammoth at guard.

Slick
03-30-2014, 05:17 PM
I still have yet to see anyone besides a writer or fan come out and say anything about moving Orlando to guard. It has all been pure speculation. I'm going to assume his tweet was because his agent was trying to get an extension and Denver wasn't ready to do it.

Either way, if he plays hard or with a chip on his shoulder, it should be good for us.

DenBronx
03-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Franklin is perfect at RT. Why would we screw with that? Because we want a monster LG? Then draft one. Draft a natural LG, don't take a mammoth out of position and slap him at LG then think the solution is fixed. You have just created another hole by doing that.

silkamilkamonico
03-30-2014, 08:20 PM
If he has 1 year left on his contact he is likely gone anyways. Move him and let him be a bitch.

GEM
03-30-2014, 09:37 PM
I posted this to get thoughts on what he could have meant. I don't think he was whining or that he is a bitch.I think he is frustrated with something at work, which happens to all of us, now stop talking shit about my dude, Orlando. He may have had a bad game, but he has overall been a good player for us.

Simple Jaded
03-30-2014, 11:56 PM
I love Orlando, he's one of my favorite players, Debo!

Simple Jaded
03-30-2014, 11:58 PM
Btw, I think he's bent over the possible move to G and was venting on social media. How un-bitch is that?

DenBronx
03-31-2014, 01:03 AM
If Franklin is upset about moving to Guard then I am completely in his corner. He's a tackle and a damn good one. That would be like asking Demaryius Thomas to switch to TE. When you mess with a good thing too many times you get burnt. Keep our RT solidified and keep Franklin happy. He's in a contract year well so what?

topscribe
03-31-2014, 01:35 AM
If Franklin is upset about moving to Guard then I am completely in his corner. He's a tackle and a damn good one. That would be like asking Demaryius Thomas to switch to TE. When you mess with a good thing too many times you get burnt. Keep our RT solidified and keep Franklin happy. He's in a contract year well so what?
Actually, one thing I don't agree with is his taking it public.

TXBRONC
03-31-2014, 06:38 AM
I posted this to get thoughts on what he could have meant. I don't think he was whining or that he is a bitch.I think he is frustrated with something at work, which happens to all of us, now stop talking shit about my dude, Orlando. He may have had a bad game, but he has overall been a good player for us.

That's what I thought you meant. I also agree with you I don't think he's whining or that he's a bitch.

Mike
03-31-2014, 08:54 AM
He's allowed to have his opinion. I have been frustrated at work and have vented before. Sounds like whatever happened, though, it may have fueled him to prove something. May cost Denver at the contract table...or a good player.

GEM
03-31-2014, 09:15 AM
Btw, I think he's bent over the possible move to G and was venting on social media. How un-bitch is that?

Happens everyday...just because you're a 300 lb football player doesn't mean you're above that.

Cugel
03-31-2014, 10:14 AM
But then everyone on the OL got beat in that game.

THIS is what I just can't understand at all. How can Broncos fans simply discount the SB? They are going to have to be a LOT better to win the next one! The one thing beyond all things that doomed the Broncos in the SB was that Seattle dominated the OL with just 4 DL. That meant that they could play straight up against Denver's receivers without worrying about getting beat deep.

Looking at the game tape, you have to ANALYZE what went so wrong in that game and it all started up front: Decker and D.T. and Welker got open for a number of big plays but Manning couldn't get them the ball because the OL was just collapsing into his face. This season they play at least THREE teams with comparable DL pressure. In addition to Seattle, S.F. has Aldon Smith remember who is better than any Seattle DL, plus they play the Cardinals who went into Seattle and shut down their offense and dominated the game. They also have a very tough physical defense. The Broncos won't even make the playoffs unless the get a LOT better protection for Manning this season.

Thus it all starts with the OL. The OL did NOT "play great all season until that game."

That was an illusion produced 100% by Peyton Manning getting rid of the ball in under 2 seconds and the Broncos having so many offensive weapons. That OL without Ryan Clady, without Chris Kuper and with Orlando Franklin at RT and Zane Beadles was very MEDIOCRE.

It is widely known that Orlando Franklin has slow feet and struggles and has always struggled in pass-protection. He's a huge man who is a road-grader of a RT. He's normally great in run blocking but exceptionally mediocre at best as a pass blocker. That Elway is considering moving him to G shows unmistakeably that the coaches see what everybody else sees: that you better get a better pass-blocker at RT and do something else with Orlando Franklin.

Unless he really commits to playing better next year he's going to be gone in 2015 when his contract comes up.

Meanwhile, Chris Clark is a backup tackle. If he's starting you need an upgrade. I do not fault Chris Clark one bit for being dominated in the SB. They missed Ryan Clady more than any other player injured this season. All year long I was worried that if they got to the SB the absence of a premier LT would hurt them and it did. There's a reason they are paying Clady 5 years $52.5 million and Chris Clark 3 years $5.3 million! So getting Clady back is huge.

All year long against the weak AFC defenses Manning was able to bail out his OL by getting rid of the ball in a hurry. But against Seattle, they played press coverage against the Broncos WR and dared Manning to throw over the top which he couldn't do because his OL couldn't give him any time!

THAT more than anything needs to change.

Because no matter how improved the defense is, you're not going to win any games scoring 8 points.

TXBRONC
03-31-2014, 10:41 AM
THIS is what I just can't understand at all. How can Broncos fans simply discount the SB? They are going to have to be a LOT better to win the next one! The one thing beyond all things that doomed the Broncos in the SB was that Seattle dominated the OL with just 4 DL. That meant that they could play straight up against Denver's receivers without worrying about getting beat deep.

Looking at the game tape, Decker and D.T. and Welker got open for a number of big plays but Manning couldn't get them the ball because the OL was just collapsing into his face. This season they play at least THREE teams with comparable DL pressure. In addition to Seattle, S.F. has Aldon Smith remember who is better than any Seattle DL, plus they play the Cardinals who went into Seattle and shut down their offense and dominated the game. They also have a very tough physical defense. The Broncos won't even make the playoffs unless the get a LOT better protection for Manning this season.

Thus it all starts with the OL. The OL did NOT "play great all season until that game."

That was an illusion produced 100% by Peyton Manning getting rid of the ball in under 2 seconds and the Broncos having so many offensive weapons. That OL without Ryan Clady, without Chris Kuper and with Orlando Franklin at RT and Zane Beadles was very MEDIOCRE.

It is widely known that Orlando Franklin has slow feet and struggles and has always struggled in pass-protection. He's a huge man who is a road-grader of a RT. He's normally great in run blocking but exceptionally mediocre at best as a pass blocker. That Elway is considering moving him to G shows unmistakeably that the coaches see what everybody else sees: that you better get a better pass-blocker at RT and do something else with Orlando Franklin.

Unless he really commits to playing better next year he's going to be gone in 2015 when his contract comes up.

Meanwhile, Chris Clark is a backup tackle. If he's starting you need an upgrade. I do not fault Chris Clark one bit for being dominated in the SB. They missed Ryan Clady more than any other player injured this season. All year long I was worried that if they got to the SB the absence of a premier LT would hurt them and it did. There's a reason they are paying Clady 5 years $52.5 million and Chris Clark 3 years $5.3 million! So getting Clady back is huge.

All year long against the weak AFC defenses Manning was able to bail out his OL by getting rid of the ball in a hurry. But against Seattle, they played press coverage against the Broncos WR and dared Manning to throw over the top which he couldn't do because his OL couldn't give him any time!

Because no matter how improved the defense is, you're not going to win any games scoring 8 points.

You are simply mistaken. The Denver offensive line played extremely well all season long. No quarterback even one as good as Manning can have 659 pass attempts and not get exposed. Sorry Cugel I don't think proved anything. No it's widely that Franklin struggles at times against speed rushers. However freaking double dog dare you show that majority of right tackles in the League do not struggle against speed rushers. The majority of the time right tackles do not have to take on speed rushers. Generally they're up against a power end.

No kidding if Denver only averages 8 points a game their not going to win alot games. If that's what you think this offensive line is capble of then my friend you need to get a better grip on reality.

Cugel
03-31-2014, 11:15 AM
You are simply mistaken. The Denver offensive line played extremely well all season long. No quarterback even one as good as Manning can have 659 pass attempts and not get exposed. Sorry Cugel I don't think proved anything. No it's widely that Franklin struggles at times against speed rushers. However freaking double dog dare you show that majority of right tackles in the League do not struggle against speed rushers. The majority of the time right tackles do not have to take on speed rushers. Generally they're up against a power end.

No kidding if Denver only averages 8 points a game their not going to win alot games. If that's what you think this offensive line is capble of then my friend you need to get a better grip on reality.

I hope you feel better after beating the stuffing out of that straw man! :coffee:

Now here's the reality:

“John Elway was talking on a patio deck just outside the hotel lobby Monday when veteran agent Drew Rosenhaus walked up and asked for a private audience with the Denver GM.

Rosenhaus represents Broncos offensive tackle Orlando Franklin, who is under consideration for a move inside to left guard to fill the void left by Zane Beadles’ free-agent departure to Jacksonville.

Elway clarified the situation with Rosenhaus. Franklin might move inside and Chris Clark, who replaced injured all-pro Ryan Clady at left tackle last season, might swing over to right tackle, Franklin’s usual position.”

Now if Franklin is so great at RT why is Elway trying to move him inside? Answer: because he isn't great at all. He struggles in pass coverage. That's not my opinion. That's the opinion of the Broncos coaches and John Elway, and the article that began this thread proves it.

They're not stupid you know. You think Franklin is just fine at RT and the Broncos don't need to change their OL. They don't think so and are changing things.

They're finding a place for Chris Clark to play every down because he's better at pass-protection. And that place is obviously going to be at RT because Ryan Clady is coming back to LT. That means that they have to do something with Franklin. Hence they move him inside to G. They let Zane Beadles go so they have an opening. Either Franklin gets with the new move or he sits on the bench or gets traded or released.

His unhappiness shows that the move has been communicated to him. Well, he's going to have to get used to it. His comments about making this his best year prove that he understands this and is ready to get to work.

This isn't the NBA where players can sulk and get away with it. You can and will be replaced in the NFL if you don't buckle on your chin-strap and get your mind right. Franklin is no exception and he knows it.

We're clearly going to see significant changes on the OL this year, just like every year. Last year after all they replaced J.D. Walton with Manny Ramirez and Chris Kuper with Louis Vasquez.

After reading this article my admiration for John Elway went up even higher. This is clearly a man who gets it and is making the right moves! :beer:

MOtorboat
03-31-2014, 12:34 PM

Looking at the game tape, you have to ANALYZE what went so wrong in that game and it all started up front: Decker and D.T. and Welker got open for a number of big plays but Manning couldn't get them the ball because the OL was just collapsing into his face. This season they play at least THREE teams with comparable DL pressure. In addition to Seattle, S.F. has Aldon Smith remember who is better than any Seattle DL, plus they play the Cardinals who went into Seattle and shut down their offense and dominated the game. They also have a very tough physical defense. The Broncos won't even make the playoffs unless the get a LOT better protection for Manning this season.

Is the true identity of the Broncos offense the one in that game, or the one in the 18 previous?

I'll play the odds and say the identity is closer to the 18 before it.

Poet
03-31-2014, 01:28 PM
You guys are going to have to improve upon the best scoring offense ever. Luckily I have this time machine for sale! Step right up and feel free to draft Jerry Rice, Mike Webster, Anthony Munoz, Shannon Sharpe, Jim Brown, a younger Peyton Manning who can be tutored by the older Peyon Manning - user assumes the risk of the time paradox and losses the ability to seek compensation for any and all damages rendered to said customer that result from the time machine and it's usage - and Deacon Jones.

DenBronx
03-31-2014, 02:48 PM
Is the true identity of the Broncos offense the one in that game, or the one in the 18 previous?

I'll play the odds and say the identity is closer to the 18 before it.

Everyones in full panic mode because of that one game yet completely write off everything else that happened the whole season.

We will probably add another G, C or both in the draft and I think that helps upgrade the protection. But I would be more than happy to go into this season with the core we have on offense. After fixing the defense a bit I think the Broncos just got alot stronger and will help us get off the field alot more often.

I seriously doubt when we play Seattle we get blown out again. Still think we would have beat the 49ers even......it's just everything that could have possibly went wrong for us went wrong and everything that could have went right for Seattle went right.

GEM
03-31-2014, 03:32 PM
It's reality because Cugel said so. :laugh:

luckyseven
03-31-2014, 06:28 PM

yes they played well most of the season but simply put, no one had the DL that the hawks, 9ers, cardinals do with the rams coming up close. Manning raised the boats but the OL has to better next year.

TXBRONC
03-31-2014, 11:11 PM
I hope you feel better after beating the stuffing out of that straw man! :coffee:

Now here's the reality:

Now if Franklin is so great at RT why is Elway trying to move him inside? Answer: because he isn't great at all. He struggles in pass coverage. That's not my opinion. That's the opinion of the Broncos coaches and John Elway, and the article that began this thread proves it.

They're not stupid you know. You think Franklin is just fine at RT and the Broncos don't need to change their OL. They don't think so and are changing things.

They're finding a place for Chris Clark to play every down because he's better at pass-protection. And that place is obviously going to be at RT because Ryan Clady is coming back to LT. That means that they have to do something with Franklin. Hence they move him inside to G. They let Zane Beadles go so they have an opening. Either Franklin gets with the new move or he sits on the bench or gets traded or released.

His unhappiness shows that the move has been communicated to him. Well, he's going to have to get used to it. His comments about making this his best year prove that he understands this and is ready to get to work.

This isn't the NBA where players can sulk and get away with it. You can and will be replaced in the NFL if you don't buckle on your chin-strap and get your mind right. Franklin is no exception and he knows it.

We're clearly going to see significant changes on the OL this year, just like every year. Last year after all they replaced J.D. Walton with Manny Ramirez and Chris Kuper with Louis Vasquez.

After reading this article my admiration for John Elway went up even higher. This is clearly a man who gets it and is making the right moves! :beer:

Reality? You're assuming Elway is considering moving Franklin because he's a terrible in pass protection but that's not what your excerpt says. Instead of assuming maybe you should get something more substantial.

honz
03-31-2014, 11:47 PM

tl;dr

broncohead
04-01-2014, 02:51 AM
If the FO is considering moving franklin its cause they don't want to use a high round draft pick on OL IMO and we could already have starters on the rosterroster

MOtorboat
04-01-2014, 09:20 AM
If the FO is considering moving franklin its cause they don't want to use a high round draft pick on OL IMO and we could already have starters on the rosterroster

If the Mile High Sports report is correct, then the Broncos did not originally plan to move Franklin, becaue according to it, Denver was going after Evan Dietrich-Smith, whose a guard.

TXBRONC
04-01-2014, 09:44 AM
If the Mile High Sports report is correct, then the Broncos did not originally plan to move Franklin, becaue according to it, Denver was going after Evan Dietrich-Smith, whose a guard.

Is his stock on the rise?

MOtorboat
04-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Is his stock on the rise?

Who?

TXBRONC
04-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Who?

Evan Dietrich-Smith

MOtorboat
04-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Evan Dietrich-Smith

I dunno. Mile High Sports reported he was Elway's top free agent choice, but Dietrich-Smith chose Tampa.

Dapper Dan
04-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Oh. I also thought he was some unknown rookie. I've never heard of him.

TXBRONC
04-01-2014, 10:44 AM
I dunno. Mile High Sports reported he was Elway's top free agent choice, but Dietrich-Smith chose Tampa.

I've never heard of this guy before. I was also under the impression you meant he was potential draft pick.

MOtorboat
04-01-2014, 10:45 AM

Sixth-year pro. First five with Green Bay.

TXBRONC
04-01-2014, 10:58 AM

Apparently he was the Packers starting center.

Dapper Dan
04-01-2014, 10:59 AM
After Scott Wells, I guess?

Cugel
04-02-2014, 12:13 PM
You guys are going to have to improve upon the best scoring offense ever. Luckily I have this time machine for sale! Step right up and feel free to draft Jerry Rice, Mike Webster, Anthony Munoz, Shannon Sharpe, Jim Brown, a younger Peyton Manning who can be tutored by the older Peyon Manning - user assumes the risk of the time paradox and losses the ability to seek compensation for any and all damages rendered to said customer that result from the time machine and it's usage - and Deacon Jones.

Sorry, but just because you set records in the regular season against weak AFC defenses does NOT mean that the Broncos will be able to duplicate that THIS season playing 3 games against the toughest defenses in the NFL -- the NFC West.

As the SB showed it's an entirely different show when you face the Seahawks, the 49ers or the Cardinals defenses. In the playoffs the Broncos beat the Chargers and the Patriots, neither of whom have great defenses.

Manning covered up for a TON of weakness on the OL last season. But, when it came to the SB they got exposed. This means the OL will have to do a better job of pass-protection this year if they are going to have any chance of winning the division over KC, let alone advance to another SB.

To pretend that everything is just fine offensively and that no changes are needed . . . . well, it's clear that John Elway doesn't agree with this view because he's shaking things up offensively already:

He's let Zane Beadles go and signed Montgomery, which means he's shaking up his OL and moving Manny Ramirez around to G, which is his natural position. He's also considering moving Orlando Frankin or making him a backup (hence the twitter post from Franklin that he's "pissed"), which opens up a spot for Chris Clark who played well at LT most of the year in place of Clady.

Obviously Clark is no Clady, but he proved enough that he could move over to the right side and start over Franklin.

All this indicates that Elway & Co. are NOT at all satisfied with the state of things on the offense. That plus the fact that they let Eric Decker and Knowshon go. They clearly think they need to make some serious changes to the Offense. And they're not done yet either.

I expect to see them add some veterans at RB and OL this summer for depth if nothing else. And to draft both a RB and an OL (probably a G or C).

Cugel
04-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Everyones in full panic mode because of that one game yet completely write off everything else that happened the whole season.

We will probably add another G, C or both in the draft and I think that helps upgrade the protection. But I would be more than happy to go into this season with the core we have on offense. After fixing the defense a bit I think the Broncos just got alot stronger and will help us get off the field alot more often.

I seriously doubt when we play Seattle we get blown out again. Still think we would have beat the 49ers even......it's just everything that could have possibly went wrong for us went wrong and everything that could have went right for Seattle went right.

You can try and put your head a little farther down that rabbit hole of fantasy if you like but I doubt you can get it any deeper.

Reality: There are REASONS why the Broncos lost that game and "everything just went wrong" is not one of them.

The biggest reason was that the Seahawks were able to get consistent pressure on Manning with just 4 DL which enabled them to move everybody up and smother the WRs underneath, because Manning didn't have the TIME to throw over the top.

I watched a SB review on SportsCenter where they showed 4 or 5 plays where Denver receivers were open for big plays in the 1st half -- but Manning couldn't get them the ball. One of those plays was the Int that pretty much sealed the game.

So, especially since they play the NFC West next year and will need to win those 3 games against the Cardinals, 49ers and Seahawks defenses, they need to get better pass blocking.

Elway is already on it, getting rid of Beadles (they didn't even make him an offer) and signing Montgomery. Expect to see a bunch more moves on offense as the off-season progresses.

Elway wins my sincere love and admiration for the job he's doing, because he's NOT like most fans -- he's NOT willing to just say "it's just one game."

NO, there's no panic. There's obviously a lot to build on and you don't just blow up the team and start over -- but at the same time there's a lot to correct too if the Broncos want to win another SB. And Elway is already making significant moves to better the OL play next year by moving Ramirez back to LG and possibly moving Chris Clark to RT.

GEM
04-02-2014, 05:41 PM
And an update:

A few of you have asked about some recent tweets, so I wanted to take a second to clarify. I couldn’t be happier to be part of the Broncos and will compete to help this team however/wherever I can!! I know I didn’t have my best game in the Super Bowl, but I’m committed to putting in the work to get better. Also, one thing I’ve learned with social media is that you have to ignore the noise sometimes and not let it get the best of you!! Looking forward to joining my teammates for the start of workouts in a few weeks. ‪#‎BroncosCountry‬

Don't care what y'all say....he's my boy and I like him!!

MOtorboat
04-02-2014, 06:09 PM
And an update:

A few of you have asked about some recent tweets, so I wanted to take a second to clarify. I couldn’t be happier to be part of the Broncos and will compete to help this team however/wherever I can!! I know I didn’t have my best game in the Super Bowl, but I’m committed to putting in the work to get better. Also, one thing I’ve learned with social media is that you have to ignore the noise sometimes and not let it get the best of you!! Looking forward to joining my teammates for the start of workouts in a few weeks. ‪#‎BroncosCountry‬

Don't care what y'all say....he's my boy and I like him!!

Lol, he didn't clarify anything. Sorry, I'm not laughing at you Gem, just Orlando's no comment clarification.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-02-2014, 06:58 PM
With him saying:

"I know I didn’t have my best game in the Super Bowl, but I’m committed to putting in the work to get better. Also, one thing I’ve learned with social media is that you have to ignore the noise sometimes and not let it get the best of you!!"

Since he stated that he knows he did not have his best game in the SB, and then stating that one thing he's learned with social media is that you have to ignore the noise sometimes and not let it get the best of you, I am wondering if he had been getting hammered somewhere on social media in regards to his play in the SB, and that is what led to what he originally posted, which was since deleted.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Is Orlando Franklin now the first Bronco coach/player to admit he didn't play well in Super Bowl? The Big O is for Owning it.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Nice when player understands his first obligation is to fans/team.@OFranklin74

ShaneFalco
04-02-2014, 08:10 PM
http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1394/34/1394348227223.jpg

Dont get debo angry

Simple Jaded
04-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Nick Fairley looks like Big Perm, I mean, Big Worm.

MOtorboat
04-02-2014, 10:40 PM
With him saying:

"I know I didn’t have my best game in the Super Bowl, but I’m committed to putting in the work to get better. Also, one thing I’ve learned with social media is that you have to ignore the noise sometimes and not let it get the best of you!!"

Since he stated that he knows he did not have his best game in the SB, and then stating that one thing he's learned with social media is that you have to ignore the noise sometimes and not let it get the best of you, I am wondering if he had been getting hammered somewhere on social media in regards to his play in the SB, and that is what led to what he originally posted, which was since deleted.

Which is what makes me laugh...his "clarification" didn't clarify anything, it just brings up more questions.

GEM
04-03-2014, 10:30 AM
The guys on the radio this morning say that it is social media related. He has taken a fair amount of shit since the Super Bowl and let his posts get away from him.They are not sure it is even front office related.

Ravage!!!
04-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Lol, he didn't clarify anything. Sorry, I'm not laughing at you Gem, just Orlando's no comment clarification.

I think he's VERY SMART not to try and clarify ANYTHING with the fans and social media. That does nothing but spread MORE fires and cause MORe problems. Make your comment, and move on. This kind of message shows maturity, imo.

Ravage!!!
04-03-2014, 10:54 AM
With him saying:

Of course he has, Carol. Look at the people on THIS message board alone. They act like he's horrid when he had a FANTASTIC year, all based on the ONE game. Look at the over reactions of Cugal, alone. People/fans always remember the last of everything. ITs the ultimate in "what have you done for me lately" sport, and the social media only spreads the worst, because so many people will simply follow the bison out of yellowstone (see what I did there by tying in another thread to this one?). One person says it, and people take it as fact.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Of course he has, Carol. Look at the people on THIS message board alone. They act like he's horrid when he had a FANTASTIC year, all based on the ONE game. Look at the over reactions of Cugal, alone. People/fans always remember the last of everything. ITs the ultimate in "what have you done for me lately" sport, and the social media only spreads the worst, because so many people will simply follow the bison out of yellowstone (see what I did there by tying in another thread to this one?). One person says it, and people take it as fact.

Not only that, but we almost exclusively threw the ball because we were behind the whole game. Almost any RT is going to struggle against a talented speed rusher who doesn't have to honor the run and is just going to pin his ears back and rush the QB. Our lack of balance was exposed more than anybody on the offensive line.

Ziggy
04-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Orlando clarified everything. I put it in another thread and I'll put it here as well. Here's the interview:

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=1623

It's on the 4/2/14 hour 2 podcast at the 21:10 mark.

topscribe
04-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Orlando clarified everything. I put it in another thread and I'll put it here as well. Here's the interview:

He indicated that he may even prefer guard. He said that his power could be better
used on the inside. He did say he didn't care whether it was tackle or guard, and
from the emotion in his voice, I believe him. He was upset over how some fans and
media were hating on him for his Super Bowl performance, and I don't blame him
there after a decent season.

I would like to see Franklin at LG. He was a beast there in college. I thought he did
well at RT, but I think he could be even better inside.

MOtorboat
04-07-2014, 11:47 AM

Now THAT is a clarification. Kudos to the big man.

GEM
04-07-2014, 11:51 AM
More reason for me to love that guy!

topscribe
04-07-2014, 12:05 PM
More reason for me to love that guy!
That interview gave me new respect for him.

Simple Jaded
04-07-2014, 10:29 PM
I told you guys to get off my dudes back, ass-holes.

Cugel
04-08-2014, 12:45 PM
He indicated that he may even prefer guard. He said that his power could be better
used on the inside. He did say he didn't care whether it was tackle or guard, and
from the emotion in his voice, I believe him. He was upset over how some fans and
media were hating on him for his Super Bowl performance, and I don't blame him
there after a decent season.

I would like to see Franklin at LG. He was a beast there in college. I thought he did
well at RT, but I think he could be even better inside.

I'd be very surprised if he were telling the complete truth in saying that he doesn't care whether he plays G or RT. RTs earn a lot more $ and he's entering FA after this season. This season is his big chance for a big payday and if he becomes a backup at RT or a starter at G it's going to potentially cost him millions of dollars. It could cost him more money than most of you will make in the rest of your working lives. A simply huge amount by normal person standards.

But, he clearly has the mindset of making the best of whatever the team asks of him and worrying about FA later, which is good for him.

"You can't make the scene if you don't have the green!"

ShaneFalco
04-08-2014, 01:40 PM
how can anyone hate on this guy is beyond me. He crushes people in the run game.

Ziggy
04-08-2014, 02:56 PM
I'd be very surprised if he were telling the complete truth in saying that he doesn't care whether he plays G or RT. RTs earn a lot more $ and he's entering FA after this season. This season is his big chance for a big payday and if he becomes a backup at RT or a starter at G it's going to potentially cost him millions of dollars. It could cost him more money than most of you will make in the rest of your working lives. A simply huge amount by normal person standards.

But, he clearly has the mindset of making the best of whatever the team asks of him and worrying about FA later, which is good for him.

"You can't make the scene if you don't have the green!"

This is a complete wives tale. The top paid right tackle in the NFL is Gosder Cherilus who makes an average salary of 7 million per year. There are 5 guards currently making more in annual average salary than that. Carl Nicks (9.5 million/year leads the list), Logan Mankins, Jahri Evans, Andy Levitre and Benn Grubbs all make more in average salary than the top paid right tackle.

GEM
04-08-2014, 03:15 PM
I told you guys to get off my dudes back, ass-holes.

Are you mocking me?

mYnK0kiG3y8

:D

dogfish
04-08-2014, 10:59 PM
This is a complete wives tale. The top paid right tackle in the NFL is Gosder Cherilus who makes an average salary of 7 million per year. There are 5 guards currently making more in annual average salary than that. Carl Nicks (9.5 million/year leads the list), Logan Mankins, Jahri Evans, Andy Levitre and Benn Grubbs all make more in average salary than the top paid right tackle.

not only that, but playing guard for a year hardly locks franklin into being signed as one, as he has years of tape at right tackle in the NFL. . . still, i'm sure he's not thrilled about the possibility going into his contract year. . . won't keep him from getting paid, though-- if beadles got paid, deebo gonna get paid. . .

Davii
04-08-2014, 11:48 PM
If he is better at guard I think his pay would actually increase. He's proven he can play RT, that doesn't change because of one season at a different position. Plus, that versatility only bodes well for him.

Simple Jaded
04-09-2014, 12:11 AM
Are you mocking me?

:D

Not at all, I'm just saying that anyone who would jump to conclusions is an ass-hole. I'd never do that, personally, myself, because. . .

Cugel
04-09-2014, 10:20 AM

First of all, it's "Cugel" not "Cugal." Second, I never said he was "horrible." I said he wasn't a very good pass-blocker and he isn't. That isn't my "biased" opinion.

No matter how many fans want to say Franklin had a "FANTASTIC" year, the Broncos coaching staff flat do not agree with you! They are looking to upgrade his position.

You simply do not move your starting RT to G unless he can't do the job.

And we KNOW because it's been reported and Franklin has confirmed it that they ARE thinking of moving Franklin inside to G.

So much for your theory that he had a "FANTASTIC" season. He didn't. And the that's the Broncos coaches assessment, not mine. You can spin like a top trying to avoid the obvious conclusion, but Franklin isn't good enough in the opinion of the only people who matter. Elway and Fox and their assistant coaches.

Davii
04-12-2014, 02:04 PM
First of all, it's "Cugel" not "Cugal." Second, I never said he was "horrible." I said he wasn't a very good pass-blocker and he isn't. That isn't my "biased" opinion.

No matter how many fans want to say Franklin had a "FANTASTIC" year, the Broncos coaching staff flat do not agree with you! They are looking to upgrade his position.

You simply do not move your starting RT to G unless he can't do the job.

And we KNOW because it's been reported and Franklin has confirmed it that they ARE thinking of moving Franklin inside to G.

So much for your theory that he had a "FANTASTIC" season. He didn't. And the that's the Broncos coaches assessment, not mine. You can spin like a top trying to avoid the obvious conclusion, but Franklin isn't good enough in the opinion of the only people who matter. Elway and Fox and their assistant coaches.

This isn't necessarily the only possibility. It's quite possible they feel his run blocking ability inside is greater than the other options and that they can replace his pass blocking on the outside. They might move him inside in practice then decide it isn't the right move. Simply because the possibility of him moving has come up doesn't say anything at all about how the guys in charge think of him or his play. Maybe releasing him or making him take a pay cut would...