PDA

View Full Version : Chicago's struggles caps great day for Denver

Denver Native (Carol)
09-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Posted by ESPN.com’s Bill Williamson

It couldn’t have been a better day for the Denver Broncos and their fans on Sunday.

First, after a tumultuous offseason, the Broncos ushered in the Josh McDaniels era with one of the most memorable finishes in team history courtesy of Brandon Stokley ’s 87-yard touchdown play on a tipped ball with 11 seconds to go in the game.

The fabulous Denver day ended on a high note when former Denver quarterback and now Denver villain Jay Cutler threw four interceptions, a career high, in his Chicago debut, a loss at Green Bay.

In addition to Denver fans rooting for Cutler, who was starred during the offseason after a feud with McDaniels, to fail in his new situation, the Broncos have something at stake in Chicago. Denver owns Chicago first-round pick as part of the Cutler trade. The more Chicago, which lost standout linebacker Brian Urlacher for the season Sunday with a wrist injury, losses, the better it is for Denver.

It is particularly important since Denver traded its own first-round pick in 2010 to Seattle to get cornerback Alphonso Smith in the second round. Denver was criticized for not making the trade conditional on the lower of the two first-round picks. So, if the Chicago is lower than Denver’s own pick, the criticism will heightened leading up the draft.

So, Chicago’s loss Sunday night was a good start. And a great finish to a great opening day for Denver.

Superchop 7
09-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Look, if God has to intervene, we are going to beat the Bungles.

Jay's day was horrible, but he had some amazing passes that can't be ignored.

Most people would say, the home team will win between those 2 clubs, so, not exactly a shocker.

Lonestar
09-14-2009, 06:05 PM
seeing jay sulking on the bench and yelling at his teammates was deja vu..

had to do a double take on the uniform though..

Ravage!!!
09-14-2009, 07:02 PM
He didn't sulk and scream :lol:

you are SUCH an over exaggeration of events :coffee:

girler
09-14-2009, 07:12 PM
He didn't sulk and scream :lol:

you are SUCH an over exaggeration of events :coffee:

Ok, he didn't sulk and scream. He pouted and yelled. :D

T.K.O.
09-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Look, if God has to intervene, we are going to beat the Bungles.

Jay's day was horrible, but he had some amazing passes that can't be ignored.

Most people would say, the home team will win between those 2 clubs, so, not exactly a shocker.

you cant be serious....can you be?
are you saying anyone should look at the bears loss as a home field advantage loss?
are you suggesting that fans that just watched a team mortgage its future by trading away their next 2 first round picks should"look at his amazing throws " and ignore his obvious propensity for throwing picks at critical times?
i doubt any bear fan today is saying....gee a couple of those non - intercepted throws where awesome !" lol\
i'm not saying the bears have a complete loser on their hands but i AM saying....we told ya so.
cutler comes with alot of baggage and he still refuses to play smart when he has to....so it is what it is....he's a gunslinger and those that live by the gun,die by the gun !:salute:

girler
09-14-2009, 07:23 PM
you cant be serious....can you be?
are you saying anyone should look at the bears loss as a home field advantage loss?
are you suggesting that fans that just watched a team mortgage its future by trading away their next 2 first round picks should"look at his amazing throws " and ignore his obvious propensity for throwing picks at critical times?
i doubt any bear fan today is saying....gee a couple of those non - intercepted throws where awesome !" lol\
i'm not saying the bears have a complete loser on their hands but i AM saying....we told ya so.
cutler comes with alot of baggage and he still refuses to play smart when he has to....so it is what it is....he's a gunslinger and those that live by the gun,die by the gun !:salute:

Actually, I think what you're saying is:

:aetsch: nanner nanner nanner :aetsch:

T.K.O.
09-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Actually, I think what you're saying is:

:aetsch: nanner nanner nanner :aetsch:

i would never do that..........or.....would........i........?;)

Kaylore
09-16-2009, 06:01 PM
He sulked and screamed. I watched that game. And "the amazing passes" were all the bad ones. He had two ints dropped too, which would bring his total to six if the defense has better hands.

I think even the biggest homers for Cutler (paging Ravage and Claymore) will agree it was a horrible day for him. I'm sure he'll get better, but with Urlacher going down I can tell you that Cutler's season could not have started worse than it has. He has a crappier offensive line and much worse receivers. Even IF one of those guys emerges as a starting caliber receiver (and that's a really big if. They're hard to find and develop!) it will take at least a year to groom them. Bottom line is Cutler got what he wanted but he might not be enjoying things like he thought he was going to.

Ravage!!!
09-16-2009, 06:23 PM
actually... the two that were dropped were right before the one that was caught, in the same series... three bad passes in a row. So the second two (one dropped and one caught) wouldn't have happened if the first INT was caught.... so the number of INTs woudln't have gone up.

But I think we can see where DBs drop INTs every game.... so "near INTs" don't really count for much. But yeah.. I've said all along he had a terrible game.

But I dont' think he "sulked and screamed'... thats purely the perspective from those that want to see it that way.

powderaddict
09-16-2009, 06:28 PM
I know I went to bed happy Monday night :salute:!

LRtagger
09-16-2009, 06:40 PM
It was the receivers fault!

Lonestar
09-16-2009, 08:21 PM
It was the receivers fault!

and the DB fault for dropping sure picks..

"jay get a pass on this one" pardon the pun..

Dman444
09-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Even though a couple of the ints were the receiver's fault, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, haha.

I compare it to hearing that an ex girlfriend that broke your heart got the clap, it's just so satisfying.

Den21vsBal19
09-17-2009, 06:09 PM
seeing jay sulking on the bench and yelling at his teammates was deja vu..

had to do a double take on the uniform though..
Lucky the Bears weren't in their orange alternates :lol:

Saw Griese in one last year, nearly scared the crap outta me ;)

T.K.O.
09-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Even though a couple of the ints were the receiver's fault, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, haha.

I compare it to hearing that an ex girlfriend that broke your heart got the clap, it's just so satisfying.

do they still make "the clap"?:confused: i'd be jealous if my ex got one of those...."clap on......clap off....."
oh wait thats the clapper......nevermind

Lonestar
09-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Lucky the Bears weren't in their orange alternates :lol:

Saw Griese in one last year, nearly scared the crap outta me ;)

the bears are IF my TV was colored correctly really dark blue and red.. so is was close