PDA

View Full Version : Good job Prater

DenBronx
09-14-2009, 03:42 PM
I'll be the first to admit. I wanted a new kicker this offseason but the guys got a leg and can nail it from 50+ if he wants. I hope his accuracy continues. :beer:

Grover
09-14-2009, 03:58 PM
and his kickoffs were going into the end zone. Hope he keeps it up.

Lonestar
09-14-2009, 03:59 PM
think he has played well since coming to the team..

he was a rookie last year and frankly 90% of the rookies hit a wall about game 9-11 or so.. why anyone would expect more of him than others I was kind of puzzled with then..

for the most part all Jason did his last few years was punch in FG from when we failed in the red zone.. never saw a kick off since about year 5-6 of his career he was relegated to FG when HE GOT TIRED late in the year..

are or have we expected more for Prater than we did for Jason?

SR
Through the first eight games of the year last season he was one of the top five kickers in the league. There's no reason to doubt his abilities.

Lonestar
and his kickoffs were going into the end zone. Hope he keeps it up.

at sea level in a hot humid staduim.. I was impressed ..

LRtagger
09-14-2009, 04:36 PM
think he has played well since coming to the team..

he was a rookie last year and frankly 90% of the rookies hit a wall about game 9-11 or so.. why anyone would expect more of him than others I was kind of puzzled with then..

for the most part all Jason did his last few years was punch in FG from when we failed in the red zone.. never saw a kick off since about year 5-6 of his career he was relegated to FG when HE GOT TIRED late in the year..

are or have we expected more for Prater than we did for Jason?

FWIW Jason was 2/4 yesterday and even missed an extra point in ATL

Lonestar
09-14-2009, 04:40 PM
FWIW Jason was 2/4 yesterday and even missed an extra point in ATL

WOW the might seem to have fallen..

he was babied here in DEN thin air most of his kicks inside the 40 since our red zone O stunk, he got a lot of shots inside the 35..

it all makes for HOF career..

still a clutch guy but I think the time was right to allow him to move on for the money he wanted..

nbenallo33
09-14-2009, 04:48 PM
i liked prater last season i knew he wasw gonna be a good kicker watching him nail 60 yard field goals in practice

Northman
09-14-2009, 04:51 PM
I really like Prater and hopefully he will remain consistent this year. As the weather gets worse we will most likely need him to come through more than ever.

Lonestar
09-14-2009, 05:02 PM
I really like Prater and hopefully he will remain consistent this year. As the weather gets worse we will most likely need him to come through more than ever.

I see him being used alot this year as while I think we will be better in the RED zone we are not going to click like we will next year..

I was under the impression he wore DOWN last year not being used to a 16 game season.. hit the rookie wall..

also he worked on conditioning and strength more this off season knowing what was expected of him..

broncofaninfla
09-14-2009, 06:11 PM
So far so good for Prater. great job!

broncophan
09-14-2009, 06:43 PM
I see him being used alot this year as while I think we will be better in the RED zone we are not going to click like we will next year..

I was under the impression he wore DOWN last year not being used to a 16 game season.. hit the rookie wall..

also he worked on conditioning and strength more this off season knowing what was expected of him..

Yea.......I have a feeling points for the broncos will be hard to come by......so a strong.....accurate kicker will be needed..

gobroncsnv
09-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I think our scores will look more like baseball than basketball. So the 3 pointers will be huge, especially if our D played like they might be able to make them stand up. Well, here's hoping anyway.

CrazyHorse
09-14-2009, 09:29 PM
I hope Prater kicks a 65 yarder sometime in his career.

rcsodak
09-14-2009, 09:34 PM
I think this thread should be about BOTH kickers.

Kern kicked lights out, as well!

Great hang times....great distances.....

I was worried McD released the wrong one, but so far (yes, I know...1 game), so good!

EastCoastBronco
09-15-2009, 07:43 AM
He would have been the hero instead of Stokley on Sunday if we had not completely shagged that second to last drive.
He's a keeper.