PDA

View Full Version : John Elway simplifies Broncos' goal for 2014: "We're chasing Lombardi"

Denver Native (Carol)
03-24-2014, 05:33 PM
ORLANDO, Fla. — There has been talk, based on the type of defensive players they signed through free agency, the Broncos are chasing the Seattle Seahawks.

You know, because of Super Bowl XLVIII.

There also has been buzz during the NFL owners meetings inside The Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes resort about how the Broncos are either chasing New England, or trying to keep the Patriots from catching up, depending on one's view.

John Elway has his own perspective.

"We're chasing Lombardi," he said of the Super Bowl trophy.

rest - plus video
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25409664/john-elway-simplifies-broncos-goal-2014-were-chasing

Dzone
03-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Nate Irving and Stevie Johnson are our only options at MLB....Havent seen Johnson much, but what Irving has shown is Mediocre at best

luckyseven
03-24-2014, 08:05 PM
I like taking the training wheels off.

luckyseven
03-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Nate Irving and Stevie Johnson are our only options at MLB....Havent seen Johnson much, but what Irving has shown is Mediocre at best

For most of the year Irving was playing SLB. Kind of hard to play both spots.

With another set of OTAs and TC he might surprise a bunch of fans.

The more I hear him talk. The more I think he's going to be going for offense of line, before he goes after like linebacker or CB

DenBronx
03-24-2014, 09:11 PM
I picture Nate Irving alot like David Bruton.

Special Teams and not much else but depth.

luckyseven
03-24-2014, 09:23 PM
I picture Nate Irving alot like David Bruton.

Special Teams and not much else but depth.

you may well be correct.

please do not sleep on JDR being a former all Pro LB, with a nose for them, as well as having a damned fine LB coach.

Plus Old John has seen all the good LB in his time at QB.

I do not think they would have wasted a pick on him and or brought in Johnson for that matter if they did not like them.

I do not think it fair to judge Irving in the very limited time he spent at MLB before he slid over to play well in Millers absence.

Ziggy
03-24-2014, 09:24 PM

Jamar Chaney is the wildcard on the roster. Decent sized, athletic LB that excels in coverage. 4.5 speed with NFL experience.